Big Barda's a whole lotta woman.
What would you say if I said a six-foot blonde works here? John Taggart:
... Six-foot blonde women grow on trees in California. Billy Rosewood:
He's right. They're everywhere.
Women, on average, are shorter than men. And a good number of men find petite women charming. Because of this, in our society, tall girls and women often feel awkward and out of place
, and some men will feel uncomfortable when it comes to having a relationship with a woman who towers over them
, similar to someone stronger than them
But then there are some women for whom this
trope applies. These are the women whose overall charm comes from their height. Even if they themselves don't acknowledge it, the story and/or characters make it clear that her height is one of her distinguishing charms. Also, in fiction, tall women tend to be Tomboys
and sometimes fall into the Action Girl
archetype. Due to their extreme height, they will often have nice, long legs
They are also quite common in the Superhero
genre, where they also often have a Heroic Build
and the Most Common Superpower
. As with those tropes, tall heroines can be more the norm than the exception. Tall heroines have to be extremely
tall to really stand out. Looking at published Canon
references like DC's Who's Who
and Marvel's Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe
, one gets the impression that the average
height for female heroes is something like 5'10" or 5'11" (and that for male characters, it's about 6'3").
Please note that for a woman to qualify for this trope, she needs to fulfill two criteria:
- She must be either taller than most men in her setting or stand at least 5'8" (172 cm) tall.
- She must either be considered attractive in-universe or be accompanied by Fanservice, Beauty or Attraction Tropes. note
Not to be confused with Taken for Granite
Some Statuesque Stunners are also Amazonian Beauties
. Compare and contrast Huge Schoolgirl
. Compare Amazon Chaser
, a guy to whom the attractive quality in a woman is her fighting skill and/or her muscular build instead of her height.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Motoko in Love Hina is taller than Keitaro and the other girls and it's shown she feels awkward about it, but it's made clear she's considered attractive none the less.
- Half of the premise of Lovely Complex is Risa Koizumi, a girl taller than average. The other half being Atsushi Ootani, a boy shorter than usual.
- An older manga (and anime; from the same studio, no less) called "The Kabocha Wine (The Pumpkin Wine)" has a similar premise.
- Makoto (Sailor Jupiter) from Sailor Moon is the tallest and strongest of the Inner Senshi. Haruka (Sailor Uranus) takes it to even more drastic levels.
- Variable Geo: Jun Kubota is the primary example, as she's a former Olympic wrestling champion and has the height and physique to show it.
- In Air Master, the eponymous streetfighter—real name, "Maki"—is this, as well as a Huge Schoolgirl and an Action Girl. During the opening, she's seen walking through an average, crowded Tokyo street—heads and shoulders above everyone else. Most of her height is in her legs, which is handy since they're also her main weapon. As for being "stunning"... well, several guys in the show seems to think so, at least.
- Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh, is simply huge for a 16 year old Japanese girl at 1.74m. This troubles her a lot as she's very shy and obsessed with everything small and cute.
- If we tried to list all the examples in Claymore, we'd be here all day, so it's easier to list the exceptions. Miata, and that's pretty much it.
- Rangiku Matsumoto of Bleach skirts the line at 5'8", but her height is most definitely not her most noticeable trait.
- Noi of Dorohedoro is very tall (according to the Japanese Wikipedia, she's about 6'10"). She's quite buxom as well. Despite Most Common Superpower, she's been mistaken for a man numerous times by other characters, and most readers tend to get a Samus is a Girl moment when they see her maskless for the first time. Fan art tends to depict her carrying her partner Shin in her arms.
- Sakura from Urusei Yatsura has never been given any height, but once cured of her sickness, she becomes tall, slender and incredibly beautiful, much to the pleasure of Ataru.
- Though her height is never revealed, Yuuko Ichihara from xxxHOLiC is almost the same height as Kurogane, which means she's probably about six feet tall.
- In the manga Walkin' Butterfly, the protagonist bemoans the fact that she's super-tall until she realizes that most models are actually quite tall.
- Mai Kujaku/Valentine of Yu-Gi-Oh! stands almost eye to eye with Katsuya Jounouchi/Joey Wheeler, who is 178 cm (5'10").
- An excellent example from One Piece: Boa Hancock, whose official height is a whopping 191 cm (that's over six feet three inches), yet she is very obviously beautiful both to readers and in-universe characters. In fact, she's called the most beautiful woman in the world at one point. It fits, since she's the empress of an island of amazons.
- The gender flipped version of Russia in Axis Powers Hetalia is a very beautiful, long-haired Winter Royal Lady who easily is the tallest of the Nyotalia girls.
- Also, the genderflipped version of Sweden is a Lady of War with glasses and just as long hair. We're not sure of how exactly tall she is, but consider that the original Sweden is at least 6'0"...
- Hikaru Ohno of Take On Me. Quoting the character intro, she's "Six foot one of fun fun fun!"
- Slayers: Naga is actually taller than Gourry, a fact which her sister, Amelia, mentions offhandedly. And you can't help but see her figure (especially THOSE things), since she wanders around in next to no clothing.
- Mahou Sensei Negima! gives us several: Kaede (181cm), Chachamaru (174cm), Mana (184cm), Akira (175cm), Ayaka (173cm), and Chizuru (172cm). Most of them regularly wear fanservicey clothing and/or are prone to being depicted in the nude via either public bathing/hot spring scenes or a misfired Flans Exarmatio spell* from Negi, and the only potential Love Interests for them are a couple of 10 year olds. Lampshaded by Chisame on how her class is so abnormal in every aspect including beauties, breast size, and height.
- Kagari Ayaka from Witch Craft Works. The male protagonist Honoka barely reaches her chest (although the size seems to change from chapter to chapter), making her at least 6 feet tall. She is also a Kuudere with G-cup breasts, dark, thigh-long hair (except when she is in battle, where it becomes fire-like), and a very nice body. It shows in the many, many, many instances where she carries Honoka bride style.
- Tsubaki Nakatsukasa from Soul Eater is about a head taller (anywhere from 5'7" to 5'9") than most of the teenaged Weapons/Meisters. Same goes for Elizabeth Thompson, who's about the same height as Tsubaki or at least just a little shorter.
- The Big O: Angel is a homage to Fujiko Mine and stands at 5'10". She's usually seen in secretarial garb whenever she isn't donning her pink catsuit and has UST with Roger for most of the series.
- Mora Bascht of Gundam 0083 stands head and shoulders above most of the cast, regardless of their gender. She becomes one half of the show's Beta Couple with Keith, who is initially put off and intimidated by her size, but later seems quite happy with her.
- Though Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing is still dwarfed by Alucard (really not much of an accomplishment), she still sees eye to eye with the more average height male characters in the series and towers over the shorter ones.
- The title character of The Legend Of Mother Sarah is a straight example, since Sarah is a tall, athletic woman who wanders the earth, towers over or is just as tall as most men she runs into and often gets in trouble either for being an attractive female, either because she likes to right the wrongs in the places she visits.
- Cana and Evergreen from Fairy Tail are 5'8" and 5'9", respectively, according to the official height chart. Since Fairy Tail is a World of Buxom, where pretty much all of the protagonists are goodlooking, they also qualify as stunners.
- Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star is listed as being 5'9", though she's often drawn as tall as or slightly taller than Gene (5'11"). Either way she towers over the other two women in the main cast and is known for being very attractive, judging by the title "The Beautiful Assassin."
- Big Barda is... BIG. As seen in the trope image, she towers over her husband Scott/Mr. Miracle (see the page image), and indeed over most heroes, male or female. Including Superman. note
- In addition to being an Amazonian Beauty, She-Hulk is this trope as well.
- Knockout, another of the Apokoliptian New Gods, and a supporting character in the Superboy and Secret Six books, also qualifies.
- Wonder Woman, of course. And many other women from Paradise Island, as well. In Wondy's case this is especially noticeable in DC: The New Frontier when she gets down from a table she was standing on and shows that she's taller than Superman◊.
- Starfire of the Teen Titans is especially tall at 1,93 m (6'4") (with '80s Hair and heels often adding even more inches to that!).
- Ari, the resident Gorgon starlet from The Demon Mages, clocks in at 6'5''.
- Maxima, sometime-villain, sometime-heroine and one-time suitor of Superman, had a stature befitting her name, standing at 6'2".
- Other DC Comics superheroines qualify, though sometimes inconsistently, Depending on the Artist:
- Huntress (listed at 5'11")
- Power Girl (listed at 1 m 80 (5'11"))
- Raven (sometimes listed at 5'11")
- Supergirl tends to be portrayed as a woman of roughly above average height at 5'7", but occasionally taller, particularly if shown as her "future self" of Superwoman. Not too surprising, since Power Girl is essentially Supergirl's "grownup" counterpart from a parallel Earth.
- Andromeda, Supergirl's Captain Ersatz in the Legion of Super Heroes, is 6'2".
- Carol Danvers is 5'11", and she's largely considered to be Marvel's Alternate Company Equivalent of Wonder Woman.
- Power Princess of the Squadron Supreme, Marvel's Captain Ersatz of Wonder Woman. Her official height is listed as 6'8", four inches taller than Hyperion, the Squadron's Captain Ersatz of Superman.
- Power Princess' Darker and Edgier counterpart from the Supreme Power universe is slightly shorter at 6'3" and while she's always been drawn tall she was originally more of a thin supermodel type. Then Frank Cho started drawing her in The Ultimates.
- Storm of the X-Men, at 5'11", certainly qualifies.
- As does another mutant, Mystique at 5' 10" - and unlike Storm, they actually cast tall actresses as her in the movies.
- Psylocke, also of the X-Men, is likewise 5'11". Her former crime fighting partner Captain UK, real name Linda McQuillan, is 6'2".
- Red Sonja (5'11") is definitely this, as well as an Amazonian Beauty.
- Shanna the She-Devil stands at 5'10".
- The Amazonian Beauty Stunner from Spider-Man, whose name is quite appropriate.
- Caitlin Fairchild of Gen 13 is 6'4".
- Hulk's ill-fated wife Caiera from the Planet Hulk arc is approximately 7 feet tall. When side-by-side with her husband, she's shown to be only about a head shorter than the Hulk (who on his worst days is between 7' and 8').
- By default, Giganta of The DCU is 6'6". Her usual attire is a leopard-skin two-piece loincloth, although she swapped it out for a◊ leather jumpsuit as of One Year Later.
- Sif and Valkyrie, Thor's fellow Asgardians (and in the case of the former, his destined Victorious Childhood Friend) are respectively 6'2" and 6'3". Amora (The Enchantress) is also 6'3".
- Two of the Spider-Women count. Jessica Drew, the first and current Spider-Woman, is 5'10", while Julia Carpenter, the second who now goes by the name of Arachne and later became the new Madame Web, is 5'9".
- Grace Choi, the former bouncer first introduced in Batman and the Outsiders. In addition to being an Amazonian Beauty (and bisexual, if anyone cares), she's about seven feet tall.
- Aspen Matthews of Fathom measures in at 5' 8", is lithe and curvaceous, and is usually clad in a bikini, tops.
- In Echo, the Phi-project is slowly altering Julie Martin's body, making her grow larger and larger until she towers over everybody else in the group. People soon begin to assume that she is an actress or model, and when she denies anything of the sort they refuse to accept that she is not at least somehow a sex icon.
- Ms Tree stands six foot even.
- For some reason (probably because it's easy to draw elegant proportions with a taller character), all the beautiful women in Astérix are absolutely huge. Particularly jarring when Asterix asks Obelix if he fancies "little Panacea", when Asterix is absolutely tiny and Panacea is shown to be the same height as the colossal Obelix. The single exception in the entire comic run is Influenza, who is much more cute than she is beautiful and seems to be considered attractive especially because of her unusual smallness.
- Camomilla in Asterix and the Picts is also quite short, but that book was drawn by a different artist.
- Channon Yarrow of Transmetropolitan is a head taller than everyone else in the cast, and supported herself through journalism school as a stripper. She is the one character who is both depicted and described as classically beautiful.
- Meriem, the eponymous heroine of Cavewoman, towers over her boyfriend Bruce and most of the other men in Marshville.
- Agent327: Olga Lawina is a tall woman, but also very beautiful.
- In Origin Story, Alex just has that effect on people. She's 6'2" tall and built like a body-builder. Combine this with the Most Common Superpower and the effect is complete.
- Singer/actress Grace Jones fits this trope in real life (she's five-foot-ten) and her film roles, most notably A View to a Kill and Conan the Destroyer.
- So does 5'11" Famke Janssen, who was also with James Bond in Golden Eye, and played Jean Grey in the X-Men movies (even if the character was 5' 6" in the comics, with husband Cyclops being One Head Taller... while his actor James Marsden is actually shorter than Famke).
- Karla Fry from Beverly Hills Cop II (mentioned in the quote above), portrayed by Brigitte Nielsen, a Statuesque Stunner herself.
- Real-life supermodel Amber Valetta in Hitch, especially compared to her suitor Kevin James.
- Avatar: Technically any female Na'vi; Dr. Grace (Sigourney Weaver) towers over most of her coworkers.
- Alice in Wonderland: Alice is this to the Knave of Hearts when she's 9-foot tall.
- Callahan in the Police Academy movies. Also qualifies as an Amazonian Beauty, she's tall, blonde, busty, with a hard-toned and perfect figure. It's very hard for men to work out in the same gym that she is.
- The producers invoked this trope intentionally in Singing In The Rain through a bit of flim-flammery. In her heels, Cyd Charisse is actually taller than Gene Kelly in their dance number together, but in reality, both were only 5' 7" tall. They were shot from upward angles to accentuate their heights.
- Ellen Ripley in Alien. (In fact, Sigorney Weaver could qualify too when she was younger, being 5'11''.)
- Species stars Natasha Henstridge because such a hot and tall (5' 9½"\1,77 m) woman must clearly be an alien. The sequels followed the same model, with parts 3 and 4 having 5' 8" actresses Sunny Mabrey and Helena Mattsson.
- Goldengirl has Goldine (played by 5' 11" Susan Anton◊, though promotional materials advertised her as 6' 2"◊), created through experimental drugs by a German scientist which would enhance the test subject into a perfect athlete
- Mystique, in the original trilogy, where she's 5' 11" (1.80 m). While young Mystique is not that much, Jennifer Lawrence's 5' 9" (1.75 m) makes her only slightly shorter than Magneto.
- Jean Grey, in quite an amusing way, since the comics Jean is a measly 5' 6", but Famke Janssen is tall enough to surpass James Marsden (leading to some on-screen trickery to hide the fact).
- Leeloo in The Fifth Element, as described by Korban Dallas:
Korban: 5'9", blue eyes, long legs, great skin. Y'know, perfect.
- Diva Plavalaguna as well, though the character is noticeably taller than her actress Maïwenn Le Besco (who still happens to be 5'8").
- Sarene from Elantris. Only Roaden finds her attractive.
- Cimorene of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles is mentioned to be as tall as most men.
- Honor Harrington, who at her 188 cm (6'2") is one of the taller characters in the series. The fact that she considered herself a Huge Schoolgirl in her youth, with attendant self-esteem issues, had large implications in the early books.
- In Thud!, Nobby's stripper girlfriend Tawnee is described as being over six feet tall.
- Evelyn, the narrator and protagonist of "Paper Chains" by Jane Langton, is a six-foot red-head. And her parents have always encouraged her not to slouch.
- Lanfear of The Wheel of Time, who is consistently stated to be the World's Most Beautiful Woman and stands almost as tall as the 6'6" Rand al'Thor.
- Many female characters in The Dresden Files, both human (Charity, Molly, Georgia, etc.) and otherwise (Gard, Lara, Lea, etc.), to the point that Author Appeal is strongly suspected.
- However, notably averted with the most prominent female of the series: Karrin Murphy is five feet even.
- Galadriel of The Lord of the Rings et al. is this. She is said to be 6'4" and one of the most stunning beauties in Middle Earth.
- Lizzy of the web-novel Domina is described as bronze-skinned, golden-eyed, and over six feet. Sounds like the description of a Greek goddess.
- Patrick Tilley's Star Wartz features Shalimar, who is described as "seven feet of exotic fantasy fodder". A significant chunk of the hero's motivation includes the distant hope of sleeping with her. It later turns out the top eight inches or so are the result of her hairstyle. 6'4" is still pretty tall, though.
- Aside from her muscular physique, Amazonian Beauty Monica Figuerola of The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest is this too, being described as being 6 feet tall.
- In "The Hedge Knight", one of the Tales of Dunk and Egg that are prequels to George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, we have the brief romance between Ser Duncan the Tall and a Puppeteer Tanselle Too-Tall. During their exchange of names, Tanselle notes that she often gets reactions regarding this trope because of her height.
Live Action TV
- Eliza Dooley of Selfie-tall, beautiful, long legs, played by Karen Gillan.
- The title character of Suddenly Susan, played by Brooke Shields.
- Ellie and Sarah from Chuck.
- Sarah MacKenzie from JAG is the Ms. Fanservice of the show. Although the two previous female leads Caitlin Pike and Meg Austin were a bit taller.
- C.J. Cregg from The West Wing. No doubt inspired by her actress, Allison Janney.
- Lampshaded when the White House decorator tries to get her to redecorate her office to be more like Dolley Madison's.
Decorator: But it's lovely, and feminine.
CJ: Dolley-with-an-E Madison was maybe 5'3''.
CJ: (stands up and stares down at her)
Decorator: ... Of course.
- Caused a bit of a problem when C.J. meets a man who is described in-universe as being very handsome. When she meets him she sees that he is, but the actor, Joaquim de Almeida, is not quite 5'6", so Janney had to remain seated throughout the meeting and the scene seemed a little strange.
- The eponymous character of Xena: Warrior Princess.
- Mini from Skins fits all the requirements of this trope, with Freya Mavor, the actress who plays her, being a 5'10" blonde with light eyes, freckles and wavy hair.
- Laura Prepon, who played Donna Pinciotti on That '70s Show, is 5'10", and throughout the series, was touted as the single hottest girl in Point Place. Add that the other main female is the 5' 4" Mila Kunis, and scenes with them both frequently try to hide the difference.
- On How I Met Your Mother, Robin is definitely considered attractive. Marshall once called Robin "freakishly tall."
- Of course, she's got nothing on the women in Marshall's home town.
- Barbara Feldon on Get Smart had to slump a bit next to star Don Adams.
- Catwoman, as played by Julie Newmar on Batman, was 5'11". Wearing heels, she even towered over her own henchmen.
- My Living Doll also starred Julie Newmar, this time as a female android who towered over most male cast members.
- Ghost Whisperer: Andrea Moreno (Aisha Tyler), Melinda's six-foot-tall Black Best Friend - Andrea mentioned in one episode how being a tall black woman made it hard for her to get dates in Grandview.
- Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones, is still in her early teens, and is already taller than most men, made easier by several of the adult male actors not being particularly tall. Gwendoline Christie, who is Brienne of Tarth, is absolutely gargantuan at 6'3" but is far more attractive than the character described in the novels.
- Word of God has it that part of what won her the role of Brienne is that she showed up to her audition done up to look as homely as Brienne does in the books (on top of showing up in an actual suit of armor).
- Number Six of Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined), played by fanboy-endorsed Tricia Helfer who stands at 5'11". Especially in the miniseries she towers over 5'8" James Callis (Baltar).
- Companion/miniskirt enthusiast Amy Pond of Doctor Who, portrayed by the 5'11" Karen Gillan.
- Lampshaded by her somewhat more petite successor, Clara Oswald, when she remarks in the mini-episode "Clara and the TARDIS" (upon seeing a photo of the miniskirted Amy), "My God that woman is made of legs!"
- Blake Lively is somewhat taller than her Gossip Girl co-star Leighton Meester (she's a touch over 5'10", Leighton... isn't) and many of the rest of the cast, a point acknowledged in "The Magnificent Archibalds":
Aaron: Serena's life is complicated?
Dan: Yeah. I don't know about you but the Serena I know has long, flowing blonde hair, towers over both of us?note
- Which would explain why the artwork for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (both movies) tries to play down Blake's height (she towers over the other members of the sisterhood as well, especially America Ferrera).
- Taylor Momsen who plays Jenny isn't much far behind at 5'8.
- In an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, a perp refers to Casey Novak as "blonde and statuesque." Diane Neal is 5'10 and quite attractive, both in-universe and out.
- Her predecessor, Alexandra Cabot is no slouch either, being only slightly shorter than Novak and is very good-looking herself.
- Steven Tyler committed a serious faux pas on season 11 of American Idol by referring to Shannon Magrane, who is over six feet tall at age 16, as "hot, humid, and happening". Directly to her father's face.
- Lois Lane (As played by the 5'8" Erica Durance) fits the bill nicely, practically oozing Fanservice non-stop.
- On Bones Michaela Conlin, who is a little over 5'8" is actually taller than the man who plays her husband.
- Any of the Star Trek characters played by 6' tall Suzie Plakson: Dr. Selar, K'Ehleyr, the female Q and Tarah.
- Kate Beckett (played by 5'9'' Stana Katic), combined with her looks, her clothes and everything else, makes her really, really Ms. Fanservice material.
- Cat Deeley, at 5'9" and always in heels, usually towers over the contestants on So You Think You Can Dance.
- An example of this Trope appeared as far back as Leave It to Beaver, believe it or not. Wally's school was having a formal dance with another school where the boys were matched with girls from the other school (and vice-versa) as dance partners by lottery, and one of Wally's rather sneaky friends - who had obtained the rival school's yearbook - offered to trade with him. At first it seemed like a bargain, because the girl was sweet and a knockout; however, she was very tall. (A handicap for dancing.) Fortunately, the girl was able to switch from heels to flats and get rid of a corset in order to match his size better.
- Kristen Johnston is 6' tall, and frequently plays this type of character, but is best known as Sally Solomon. Much of the comedy in the early seasons comes from the conflict between her stunning Earth body and her alien identity as a warrior.
- Linda Carter as Wonder Woman, who was both tall and (of course) dressed in a skintight Leotard of Power.
- Another Wonder Woman, 5' 11" (1,8 m) Adrianne Palicki, came to play another comics hero in Agents Of SHIELD, Bobbi Morse\Mockingbird. She's at least one head taller than the other girls in the team, and one of those even starts admiring Bobbi too much. She's taller than everyone in the team except for Mack.
- Former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler stands at 5'11", in addition to being a very attractive blonde with a famously long pair of legs.
- Michelle McCool is 5'10", and like most Divas, is primarily a Ms. Fanservice.
- The Kongtourage of TNA was made up of the 5'4 Sojournor Bolt, 5'8 Raisha Saeed, 6'0 Awesome Kong and 6'2 Rhaka Khan, in progressing order. TNA's billed heights are often off by an inch or two(or more in the case of Saeed being billed as the 6 something Alissa Flash despite being visibly shorter than Kong) but those were some large ladies either way, excepting Bolt. And their primary enemy was the 5'3 Taylor Wilde.
- At 6'9, Isis the Amazon is possibly the tallest women to ever take up professional wrestling and is noticeably taller than most man wrestlers.
- Jessica Love from Finland stands in at 6'1. Hajime Ohara was impressed enough that he chose the then twenty one Love as his partner to help him get one over on his long time rival Ultimo Dragon (who was teaming with Yoshihiro Tajiri at the time).
- Later, TNA would briefly run with the German born Tag Team of 6'0 Alpha Female and 5'11 Lei'D Tapa(though only Alpha had any hint of being German, Tapa grew up in the Western Hemisphere and was a proud wild Tongan), pitting them against 5'3 Madison Rayne.
- Eilistraee, the Chaotic Good drow goddess of Dungeons & Dragons, stands at 9 feet tall. And yes, she's quite attractive.
- In the 3rd Edition sourcebook detailing the gods used in campaigns, all of the Greek gods fit into the Large category (about eight to sixteen feet tall) in their true forms and avatar forms, meaning that any attractive Greek goddess - including Aphrodite, Athena, Hera, and Artemis, to name just four - would qualify in this continuity.
- Radha of Keld from the Time Spiral block of Magic: The Gathering qualifies, being described as just shy of seven feet tall and an Amazonian Beauty to boot.
- Samus Aran from the Metroid series has a listed height of 190 cm (6'3"), though it isn't specified whether that measurement applies to her or her Power Suit. (In-game sprites for armorless Samus are always depicted a bit shorter than their armored counterparts. The trope holds in either instance, though.)
- The female Avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening has the potential to fit this trope, if the player chooses Build 3 for her (Build 1 is average height, and Build 2 is petit).
- Grune of Tales of Legendia is one of the tallest characters in the cast, which enables her to smother her friends, during her quirky amnesiac phase.
- Judith from Tales of Vesperia is no slouch in the height department either, standing at 175 cm (dead-on 5'9"). She's also explicitly pointed out to be the bustiest.
- Vanessa Lewis, Sarah Bryant, and Dural from Virtua Fighter. As a guest character in Dead or Alive 5, Sarah even towers above women who are statistically taller than she.
- Street Fighter
- Morrigan from the Darkstalkers series stands at 5'8", and is a Horny Devil who becomes pretty much the defacto Ms. Fanservice in any game she appears in.
- Standing 5'10, Ivy from Soulcalibur'' is one of the tallest characters, let alone women, in the entire series. Her dominatrix-like outfit is infamous for becoming more and more skimpy with each game.
- Fran from Final Fantasy XII towers over most of the cast at 6'1¾". And that's not even taking her rabbit ears or stilettos into account!note
- Other ladies from the Final Fantasy series who fall into this trope are Celes (5'8") and Fang (5'9").
- Rips from the Dissidia: Final Fantasy renders make it clear that Cosmos, Ultimecia, and the Cloud of Darkness subscribe to this trope: Cosmos scrapes in at an estimated 5'9", Ultimecia qualifies at around 5'10", and the Cloud of Darkness absolutely blows them all away at roughly 6'7" barefoot.
- The Metal Gear Solid series has Meryl Silverburgh (1.75m/5'8"), Fortune (?m/?'?"), Sniper Wolf (1.75m/5'8"), EVA (1.78m/5'10 1/4"), and The Boss (1.78m/5'10").
- Rival Schools' Natsu Ayuhara, who is a shade under 6 feet tall (182cm) and gets more than her fair share of fanservice shots. Kyoko Minazuki (173cm/5'8.5") and Zaki (175cm/5'9") are also as pretty as they are tall, but their height isn't paid attention to like Natsu's is.
- Lili Rochefort from Tekken stands at 5'9". According to official sources, Jun Kazama and Kunimitsu also count. Normally, neither are particular fanservicey, but Jun's 1P outfit consists of a midriff-baring top and Zettai Ryouiki, while Kuni received a Taki-esque jumpsuit (complete with a Cleavage Window) as her 3P outfit in Tekken Tag Tournament as well as slightly more revealing combat attire in TTT2.
- There are quite a few from The King of Fighters: Whip (173cm/5'8"), Shermie (173cm/5'8"), Elisabeth (174cm/5'8½"), Lien (174cm/5'8½"), King (175cm/5'9"), Luise (175cm/5'9"), Leona (176cm/5'9¼"), Mature (177cm/5'9.6"), Vice (178cm/5'10"), Foxy (181cm/5'11⅓"), Vanessa (182cm/6'), Diana (188cm/6'2"), and especially Jun (199cm/6'6.3"). Whip and Foxy (and depending on the game, King and Elisabeth) are more conservatively dressed than most, but their depiction in artwork tends to say otherwise.
- Amazonian Beauty Angela Belti of Power Instinct stands at over 6 feet tall.
- Bayonetta has not been given any particular measurements, but has been estimated to stand 12 heads tall from her official art, due in no small part to her ridiculously long legs.
- Like with most things concerning Touhou, character height mostly depends on the preference of fans, with two common preferences:
- Stage 6 Bosses and those of authority (usually one and the same, except for Satori Komeiji, who is a Stage 4 boss) are usually on the taller side of things, with few exceptions like Remilia Scarlet, Suika Ibuki, Eiki Shiki, Satori Komeiji and Shinmyoumaru Sukuna.
- Komachi Onozuka and Yuugi Hoshiguma are universally portrayed as quite tall, with the latter also doubling as an Amazonian Beauty in a lot of fanart.
- Tina and Lisa from the Dead or Alive series are 174cm/5'9", and Christie is 177cm/5'10". Considering that this is DOA we're talking about here, it's almost not worth mentioning their sex appeal.
- Golden Axe features Red Sonja Captain Ersatz Tyris Flare, who stands at 5'8".
- The Dark Queen from Battletoads stands at 6 feet tall, according to official stats. Although that doesn't explain how she is a giant compared to the Battletoads themselves in the original, who are supposed to be even taller.
- Oulan from Suikoden II towers even over Viktor and Pesmerga, who are both over six feet tall, and is in fact the tallest humanoid character in the entire game, only beat out by the large-size beasts. Sid appears taller, but only because of his wings. Jeane also counts (as well as for every other game thereafter), being only slightly shorter than Viktor and wearing pretty much nothing but see-through gauze on her person.
- Perhaps exaggerated with Hot Goddess Raijin from Muramasa: The Demon Blade, a giantess approximately 3.5 times the size of the player. She dwarfs just about every humanoid character in the game. This is especially notable when she stands opposite of her romantic partner Fujin, who is a tiny, adorable imp. However, this is probably justified in that Raijin serves as a boss, so she needs to be imposing.
- Most female Norns in Guild Wars: Eye of the North (as well as Guild Wars 2) can safely count as this, along with Amazonian Beauty. They're all at LEAST nine feet tall. And most of them can transform into werebears.
- In Rift, female Bahmi are taller than male Ethians, but can be as attractive as any race.
- City of Heroes, with its highly customizable character creator, lets players invoke this... however, one dev-created example is the hero Swan, who stands near Manticore (the shortest NPC male), and is about 2 feet taller than him.
- Merveille from Solatorobo stands at 180cm/5'11", making her much taller than many of the male characters who have their heights listed. In fact, the only character stated to be taller than her is Big Bad Bruno, who is 190cm/6'3". While no one comments on her appearance specifically, the manual describes her as attractive and Béluga seems quite fond of her as well, though he may be interested in her mind as much as anything.
- The female Ogres from Dragon Quest X are taller than every other player character save their Spear Counterparts, and are very attractive to boot.
- Luminous Arc has resident Ms. Fanservice Vanessa. Though she doesn't have an official height, she towers over the teenage protagonists and has a few inches on all the adults — in fact, the only person taller than her without the aid of a Nice Hat is the Final Boss. The facts she's rather abundantly proportioned only makes her seem even bigger than she already is.
- One of the few things you cannot modify about your character in Saints Row is their height. Thus, a female Boss towers above most other characters at over six feet.
- Xenoblade: At nearly 7ft. tall, Miqol's daughter, Vanea, towers above Shulk and his companions; making her the tallest character in the game. Though no one comments on her height, or her figure, even though it's practically on full display.
- Mortal Kombat: According to her official bio, Lt. Sonya Blade stands at 5'10".
- In Skullgirls, Parasoul and Valentine. Parasoul stands at 5'10", and her upright posture makes her height very obvious. Valentine is even taller, at a full 6'0", but it's harder to notice because she's usually in a crouching ninja stance.
- Mass Effect features a few tall, beautiful women, notably Nyreen Kandros (who, as a turian, is naturally about a head taller than most humans), Tali (who is the tallest female squadmate in the second game; notable as she is a quarian, who are naturally slightly shorter than most humans), and EDI (an artificial intelligence in a robot body in the third game, which is taller than most of the other female squadmates).
- BlazBlue: As of third game in the series Chronophantasma, Bullet at 175cm (about 5' 9'').
- Super Mario Bros.:
- Princess Peach is sometimes depicted as being this, though it differs from game to game. Sometimes she's the same size as Mario, but other times she's even taller than Luigi, even when you take high heels into account. And she's certainly tall compared to the Toads she rules over.
- Rosalina has a lot of elegance going for her, while also being one of the, if not the tallest human in the series; tall enough to be considered amongst the heavy-weights in spin-offs, and to be the tallest female character in Super Smash Bros.. Compared to Peach, Rosalina is a whole head taller, so depending on how you run the numbers note , Rosalina stands anywhere between 6'06" tall to 7'07".
- Elise Riggs from the SSX series stands at 5'11" (180cm).
- In Fire Emblem Awakening we have Panne, Cordelia, Kjelle and a Female Avatar with Build 3 ("adult woman"). Each of the girls are as tall as the guys and taller than the other females, and they're still seen as beautiful in their own ways in-story. Specially Cordelia and Older!Female Avatar.
- Midna's true form in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess positively towers over Zelda and Link, the latter of whom is stunned by her beauty.
- Rider from Fate/stay night, so very much. Also voiced in the anime by the same woman who VA'ed Sakaki, above.
- Kyoko Ashihara from Crescendo is self-conscious about her height, but in her ending the lead character plays it up as a plus. "It means I don't have to bend over to kiss you."
- From Polymer City Chronicles, Mistress Laura and Lynn Deanna "Lindy" Jones (respectively modeled after Lady Death and Lara Croft) are both 5'9". Blue-Skinned Space Babe Andrah is a towering 7'1" (her mohawk adds on another seven inches), which makes her marriage to the scrawny, 5'8" Dr. Otto Bonn, Ph.D. all the more noticeable. Thanks to Chris Morrison's distinctive style, in addition to being large, these women sport oversized bosoms and ripped physiques.
- Stephanie Rossum in Groovy Kinda stands about 6'5". She's blonde, with a nice figure, and a personality which has been described as "ridiculously adorable." Oh, and she's a robot.
- Pretty much any female drow in Drowtales falls under this by default, since female drowolath average around six feet, but Mel'arnach deserves special mention for towering over even the other women and being the Ms. Fanservice. Generally speaking drowolath females are taller than the males, though there are exceptions, including Valo (on the left), who is head and shoulders above almost everyone, and the opposite is true for drowussu, where the males are generally taller than the females.
- Di from Fans! is taller than just about everyone, male or female, hot and athletic. For bonus humor, her mentor is Rumiko, who is tiny.
- Phix of Wapsi Square tends towards this in her human form. It would seem that Monica's boss likes taller women.
- Amanda of El Goonish Shive is large-breasted and exploits it with a Form-Fitting Wardrobe, in addition to be lusted after by Lisa. Word of God puts her at 5'10".
- Susan also counts, as due to a growth spurt in the Summer arc has made her able to bump into the top shelf of her locker, making her around 5'8" as per Word of God.
- DiDi of Ménage à 3 is as tall as or taller than most of the cast (which includes a few other female characters who'd be considered statuesque and stunning in most contexts), and is frequently called an "amazon", with good reason. She also has an enormous cup size, is considered one of the most beautiful women in the comic, and is the primary Ms. Fanservice of the series (despite some ferocious competition).
- Nina in Between Failures. She's the tallest member of the cast (around 6'3", according to the cast page), two of the male characters have actively expressed interest in her, a third admits that he finds her attractive (but didn't chase after her due to Better as Friends), and there are hints that one of the female employees also finds her attractive.
- Ruby of Ruby Nation is 9'1" thanks to Applied Phlebotinum, taking this trope to a ridiculous degree.
- Heartcore's Amethyst Lashiec stands 5' 10", and rocks some serious Big Breast Pride.
- In The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob! Princess Voluptua is taller than almost every other major character in the comic. This reflects the fact that she is our solar system's chief authority figure.
- Muneca Powell of Pacificators is over six feet tall, and she's certainly a pretty doll.
- Downplayed in Commander Kitty on account of being a Funny Animal, but it's clear CK initially finds Zenith sexy (when she's not sporting a Nightmare Face), and even without her long ears, she's noticeably taller than any male character besides the occasional Top-Heavy Guy.
- Amazonian Beauty Tetsuko stands 6'3".
- Zoé of Sandra on the Rocks is an experienced "glamazon"-style supermodel who can loom over virtually anyone in the cast through a combination of height and force of personality.
- Margaret Shaw, a former superhero turned bodyguard-for-hire in the Global Guardians PBEM Universe, stands 7'9". She's also Nigh Invulnerable and capable of lifting semi-trucks over her head.
- Tatjana in the Chaos Timeline is about 6 feet.
- Pala from Tales Of MU looks like this, but because of her awkwardness comes off as a Huge Schoolgirl as well. She is, however, a storm giant, if a small one.
- In Shadowjack Watches Sailor Moon, Ami is implied to have a thing for this sort of women.
- RWBY's Yang Xiao Long, Glynda Goodwitch and Pyrrha Nikos are 5'8", 6'5" (with heels), and 6'0", respectively. Yang is Ms. Fanservice and a Cute Bruiser, Glynda Goodwitch is a Hot Witch Teacher, while Pyrrha is The Ace.
- Blanche Ingram in The Autobiography of Jane Eyre. She's a model, a trained dancer, a successful business woman and a great beauty. She's very tall, compared to other ladies like petite Jane or Grace Poole, and she's as tall as Mr Rochester or her friend Warren Danton who are tall guys.
- Leela, who stands shoulder to shoulder with Fry and can clobber anyone, and still be gorgeous.
- Hermes' wife, Labarbara Conrad, is noticeably taller than nearly every other human we meet. She's also slim and a dark beauty.
- The Perils of Penelope Pitstop: Penelope Pitstop is almost as tall as Sylvester Sneekly/the Hooded Claw.
- In a case of Depending on the Series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles April "Hot Scoop" O'Neil.
- Mother Gothel from Tangled: "Somebody get me a glass, 'cause I found a tall drink o' water!"
- Jessica Rabbit of Who Framed Roger Rabbit towers over both Roger Rabbit and Eddie Valiant.
- P'Li of the Red Lotus in The Legend of Korra, at a confirmed height of 6'8", is One Head Taller than her love interest Zaheer and the tallest of the group.
- To a lesser extent, Asami is probably around 5'10", though she's still shorter than the men in the cast except Prince Wu.
- Like her comic book counterpart, Teen Titans' Kory/Starfire is among the tallest members of the group, and still very attractive.
- Phineas and Ferb:
- Candace is 5'8", and only age 15, which would make her a Huge Schoolgirl. Get to her older and much more shapely future self and...
- Vanessa is the same height as Candace, is bustier and wears leather all the time.
- In the Kick Buttowski episode "Bwar and Peace", Brad falls in love with a Viking woman so tall her face is always offscreen.