She wears three-inch heels, favors form-fitting suits with low-cut tops and hemlines well above the knee, has a sexy voice, and can impress many a man or woman. She also charges six hundred dollars an hour and doesn't care who her clients are, just as long as they pay. No, she's not a prostitute
; she's a lawyer. (Same difference, right? But we kid, we kid
This is basically about sexy lawyers, judges, etc. While such portrayals usually constitute blatant Fanservice
, they're occasionally justified in-universe (and in Real Life
) by the phenomenon of lawyers using their sex appeal to woo clients or sway juries.
Hello, Attorney! often tries cases involving suspects captured by a Fair Cop
Similar to Hospital Hottie
, in which case, "Hello, Nurse!
!" and Hot Scientist
. Compare Hot Librarian
(especially in visual appearance
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Teru Mikami from Death Note is a male example. Unlike most examples, while he is good looking, he's also very, VERY unhinged. (Of course, this is Death Note we're talking about, so this is pretty much a given.)
- Eri Kisaki/Eva Kadan from Detective Conan. Bonus for having a teenage daughter who is just as pretty as she is.
- Her rival, Reiko Kujou, is just as hot.
- Kotoko Fujioka aka Haruhi's Missing Mom from Ouran.
- So what if she's 6'7" and can bench a battleship, few deny that Jennifer Walters fits in here.
- Matthew "Matt" Murdock is a male example.
- The X-Men's lawyer, Evangeline "Vange" Whedon, is a Goth chick who bares her midriff more often than not. However, the fact that she turns into a Kaiju if blood touches her has cost her at least one boyfriend.
- Captain America's girlfriend in the 80s Bernie Rosenthal.
- Harvey Dent, pre-scarring, is generally acknowledged to be good looking, even getting called "Apollo" for his looks.
- In the Aunt Dimity series, attorney Bill Willis had a scraggly beard, a paunch and thick horn-rimmed glasses when Lori met him. He lost all three and Lori describes him as being "quite literally, tall, dark and handsome."
Live Action TV
- Much of the main cast of the Ace Attorney series, Mia Fey in particular.
- Except the Judge and his brother. Definitely not the Judge or his brother. Unless you're into that kind of thing
- Diego Armando, huff huff huff. And also as Godot
- And Klavier Gavin, even if he's a prosecutor. Hell, he was the poster boy for Memetic Sex God in this wiki!
- And Miles Edgeworth, who's up there with Gavin and Diego in the "Even the Guys Want Him" department.
- And for the kinkier in the crowd, there's Franziska von Karma.
- And hell, let's give the guy a break - Phoenix Wright himself has his charms.
- Then there's Athena Cykes. She's cute as hell with an attractive figure and face.
- A female character in Neverwinter Nights 2 with high Charisma and high ranks in conversation skills can achieve this during your trial for mass murder during the second chapter of the main campaign.
- If your daughter in Princess Maker 2 has enough Intelligence, Morals and Faith among other stuff, she can become a judge.
- In Katawa Shoujo, Lilly's sister Akira is a Bifauxnen version.
- Elara Dorne in Star Wars: The Old Republic has shades of this; she may not be an attorney per se, but she can navigate the bureaucracy of the Republic military like no other.
- Maribelle from Fire Emblem Awakening wants to become a judge/magistrate, and she does in her ending. Though we see her work as a White Mage/prospect Combat Medic.
- Single Female Lawyer, the cancelled Show Within a Show parody of Ally McBeal in Futurama.
- "Single Female Lawyer, havin' lotsa sex!"
- Judy Ken Sebben, a.k.a. Birdgirl, of Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.
- Janet Van Dorn from Batman: The Animated Series. Also, Harley Quinn disguises herself as one in "The Man Who Killed Batman", right down to the glasses.
- Sally Botsford from WordGirl.
- Ellen Patella, from Ozzyand Drix.
- Judge J. B from Bravestarr, also an Action Girl, occasionally.
- It's probably worth mentioning (everyone else did) that Scott Brown, the new Republican Senator from Massachusetts, posed naked in Cosmo while in law school.
- There are entire blogs to men and women of the judicial bench and ranking their hotness Some say its unprofessional. Others say they were jealous they didn't rank higher.
- Victoria Zdrok. Playboy Playmate, Penthouse Pet, selected as one of the 10 sexiest women of 2002 by Celebrity Sleuth Magazine and a New York Attorney
- Apprentice Contenders Muna Heaven, Steffani Schaeffer and Kristine Lefebvre (who paid her way through law school by modelling)
- Nancy Dell'Ollio
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta star Phaedra Parks
- Project Runway contestant Star Ilzhoefer
- Catherine Crier
- Judge Maria Lopez
- Jacqui Frazier
- The Amazing Race 5 contestant Mirna Hindoyan
- Candace Smith. Miss Ohio USA 2003 and one of "Barkers Beauties" on The Price Is Right
- The deceased Barbara Olson
- The sudden internet fandom the Crimean chief prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya garnered combines this with Good-Looking Privates. She appears to be quite willing to weaponise this trope, too:
- Federal District Court judge and one time Attorney General nominee Kimba Wood is a former Playboy Bunny.
"Single Female Lawyer,