Susan Abigail Sarandon (née Tomalin; born October 4, 1946) is an American actress. She won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in Dead Man Walking and a British Academy Award for Best Actress for The Client.Sarandon began her career in the 1970 film Joe and appeared in the soap opera A World Apart from 1970 to 1971. She has received five Academy Award nominations for Best Actress, for Atlantic City, Thelma & Louise, Lorenzo's Oil, The Client and Dead Man Walking for which she finally won. On television, she has received five Emmy nominations, including for Bernard & Doris and You Don't Know Jack. Her other films include The Great Waldo Pepper, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pretty Baby, The Hunger, The Witches of Eastwick, Bull Durham, White Palace, Little Women, Stepmom, Igby Goes Down, Enchanted, The Lovely Bones and Arbitrage.She is also known for her social and political activism for a variety of liberal causes. She was appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 1999 and received the Action Against Hunger Humanitarian Award in 2006.
- Alliterative Name: Susan Sarandon, though it isn't her birth name.
- Big Breast Pride : Averted. When a men's magazine voted her rack "Celebrity Breasts of the Summer," she replied by saying, about her breasts, "They're really over-rated."
- Evil Redhead: Every time she's a villain.
- Fiery Redhead: Her most common role.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot / Best Known for the Fanservice: What was The Hunger about, again?
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have: Most of her recent roles.
- Large Ham: She has a tendency to be this.
- Older Than They Look: She certainly doesn't look 70.