"I know about these girls. With their low marks and high hemlines!"Not the same as the Sassy Secretary (although there is some overlap, especially in hard-boiled detective stories), this is a PA/Secretary etc. who is quite the sexpot. You may add office-related Double Entendre as you wish (heh heh, "dictation"). A traditional gag is for her horny boss to spend the workday figuratively or literally chasing her around his desk. Distaff Counterpart to the Right-Hand Hottie. See also Hot Librarian and Office Lady. Due to the interpersonal nature of the role, they may be The Face of their group. Compare Girl Friday, with whom she almost always overlaps, and Ditzy Secretary, with whom she might overlap.
— Grace "97%" Makutsi, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Code Geass:
- Brita from Darker Than Black. But it's only a cover, as she's actually an agent for Evening Primrose.
- Miyuki Hyuuga from Detective Conan is a beautiful young woman with very nice legs, who works as the secretary of the leader of a Big, Screwed-Up Family. She's a Broken Bird who then becomes a Sympathetic Murderer, as she pretends to join the old man's son-in-law's plans to murder him - while planning to kill the Smug Snake for causing her parents' deaths. And she also wants to to follow her fiancé, the old guy's son, in death.
- In Detective School Q Yuri Hitsuji is the secretary of a corrupt politician. She also turns out to be a Broken Bird Sympathetic Murderer: her boyfriend was an ecologist and a prospect rival to the politician, and died in extremely odd circumstances. She gets herself hired as his secretary to investigate and murder him, with a little help from Meiousei/Pluto...
- In Durarara!!, Namie becomes Izaya's Sassy Secretary early on in the series. She's also damn fine.
- In Gangsta Alex, a former prostitute, officially works as the secretary for Benriya Co.
- Akiyama Kaede from Kengan Ashura, she is hot but of the composed variety, not flaunting her goods, the numerous fighters from the Kengan Association keep hitting on her.
- During an action sequence in the movie Kite wherein the heroine falls down a skyscraper, the action briefly cuts into an office building in which a corporate suit is having sex with his secretary.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS:
- Uno doubles as Mission Control for the Numbers and Jail's personal secretary. Heck, her information gathering-based Inherent Skill is even named "Flawless Secretary".
- Auris acts as a secretary for her father Regius. Whether or not she got the job because of nepotism is unknown, but it's likely given his character.
- Grace O'Connor is Sheryl Nome's milquetoast stage manager and personal assistant from Macross Frontier. It's a cover, as she is actually the Big Bad.
- In Mahou Sensei Negima! Chachamaru became this for Negi. She even daydreamed about some office romance.
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The Plot to Assassinate Gihren has Gihren's secretary (and rumoured mistress) Cecilia Irene. Since she's also The Baroness and The Dragon, the trope is downplayed to say the least.
- Shizune, as Tsunade's apprentice and, after Tsunade becomes Hokage, office assistant. After Kakashi and later Naruto become Hokage, she keeps her position while also retaining her youthful appearance.
- Kalifa, Iceberg's secretary in One Piece. It turns out she's actually part of a group of undercover assassins who've been working to get close to him and steal some important documents for five years, whereafter she is still sexy but not, in fact, a secretary.
- Phantom Quest Corp.: Mr. Nagasuki's unnamed secretary is a 20-something office kitten in a tight minskirt and glasses. So it's no surprise that he's been banging her; sometimes, while she's on the clock.
- Betty Brant, JJJ's secretary was Spider-Man's first love, although she was not terribly sexpot. She briefly got replaced by Gloria, who was sex on two long legs.
- Iron Man features the lovely Pepper Potts. Originally, Pepper was more of a Plucky Office Girl with freckles, the classic hair bun, and a huge crush on Tony, her boss. Eventually, she had a makeover, literally Letting Her Hair Down and proving herself to have been Beautiful All Along.
- Karen Page in Daredevil when she was Matt and Foggy's secretary.
- Anne the receptionist in the Marvel Universe comic Damage Control.
- Victoria Hand, Norman Osborn's second in command during Dark Reign and Siege, though calling her a "secretary" would be greatly under-stating her job (which was basically being the Only Sane Man for all of HAMMER.) Not that Norman Osborn hired her for her looks anyhow.
- In the Facing the Future Series, we have Tanya, Tucker's mayoral assistant. Who is now his campaign manager.
- Miss Moneypenny from the James Bond movies (and all subsequent parodies of her). The original stories describe her with the adjective "desirable" through the series. There turns out to be a lot behind the secretary who inspired Ian Fleming, and the actress who played her for two decades .
- The Moneypenny of the Dalton movies had the edge of being both blonde and wearing glasses.
- Miss Moneypenny is also noteworthy for repeatedly shooting James Bond down at every turn. (Or was it the other way round?)
- Played with in Casino Royale (1967) - David Niven as an out-of-retirement Bond enters his office and tells Moneypenny "You haven't changed a bit!". After a long smooch, she informs him that she's Moneypenny's daughter.
- Skyfall ends up being something of an Origin Story for the character, where it is revealed that she became a secretary because she felt she wasn't suited to field work, having previously worked alongside Bond.
- The film Secretary. The secretary develops her sexy side in the course of the movie and is really neurotic and closed-up outside her relationship with her boss.
- Lois Laurel (played by no less than Marilyn Monroe) in the classic 1952 screwball comedy Monkey Business (not to be confused with the 1931 Marx Brothers film of the same name). At one point her elderly male employer hands her some paperwork and says "Find someone to type this."
- Provides a moment of levity in the film Schindler's List: the viewer is treated to a montage of Schindler "testing" all the young female applicants to be his secretary. He flirts outrageously with each of them, then there's a shot of a grim middle-aged woman hammering away expertly at the test typewriter, with Schindler glumly slouched beside her.
- Gladys from The Pajama Game is really more cute than sexy, though she's treated that way by other characters.
- Ingeborg in Billy Wilder's One, Two, Three.
- Hot Fuzz. Supermarket manager and Smug Snake Simon Skinner has one, though her personality is more that of a gum-popping Sassy Secretary. She does have a part-time job as a table dancer though, and seems to spend more time sitting on the desk filing her nails and showing off her legs than doing any work.
- Ulla from The Producers.
- Amy Adams' character to Tom Hanks' in Charlie Wilson's War; congressman Charlie Wilson makes it a point to employ only beautiful women as his assistants.
"Congressman Wilson, he has an expression. He says, 'You can teach 'em to type, but you can't teach 'em to grow tits.'"
- Pepper Potts as played by Gwyneth Paltrow in Iron Man, though she appears to be several levels of responsibility (and pay grades) higher than usual for the trope. Throughout the three films, she gradually ascends from being Tony's Hyper-Competent Sidekick to replacing him as head of his company (which he wasn't particularly good at doing himself due to being Brilliant, but Lazy and being a questionable judge of character, in addition to moonlighting as a jetsetting superhero.)
- Marcia Gay Harden as Miss Cheevus in Spy Hard. She doesn't have fond memories of the role.
- Adrian Veidt's secretary in Watchmen is quite attractive, if prone to making exasperated facial expressions when his back is turned. And getting gruesomely shot in slow-mo.
- Miss Scott, General Turgidson's secretary and mistress in Dr. Strangelove. For bonus points, she's the only female character in the movie, and spends her entire screentime in a bikini.
- Dolly Parton's character in 9 to 5 is a subversion. She looks like this, and everyone else in the office thinks she's this, but she is horrified by the suggestion, and it leads to her joining the other two in their plot.
- She's still a Sexy Secretary, but she's emphatically not sexing up the boss. Despite his best efforts and, as mentioned, what everyone else in the office believes (at least partially because the boss is doing his damnedest to imply that she is).
- Rose Pamphyle in Populaire. She is of the Cute Clumsy Girl kind.
- Cover Girl from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.
- Curvaceous Mabel Normand plays a Sexy Secretary in Mabel's Blunder (1914). The boss's son is her fiance, which doesn't stop the boss from hitting on her.
- Lady Deathstrike in X2: X-Men United, even if the leather clothes aren't there while she's Stryker's assisant.
- Panis pretends to be an applicant for this position in Shish O Besh to get close to the Amoral Attorney in order to steal his ruby. The only qualification necessary seems to be Sleeping with the Boss.
- Wife vs. Secretary: After The Hays Code banhammer came down, MGM started toning down the unapologetic sluttiness of Jean Harlow's image from The Pre-Code Era. That's seen in this film where she plays Whitey, a more wholesome go-getting secretary and executive assistant. But Whitey's still a Sexy Secretary—too sexy, as far as her boss Van's wife Linda is concerned. And for that matter practically everyone else assumes incorrectly that Van has a thing going with his Sexy Secretary.
- Ali G Indahouse: Kate Hedges, the Deputy Prime Minister's private secretary played by Rhona Mitra. Ali G is rather blatant about drooling over her. Her hotness actually becomes a plot point later when they try to keep Ali G quiet about their real estate conspiracy by having her get into his pants.
- Molly from ''One Touch of Venus is a downplayed example. While presented as more a match for Whitfield's intelligence, she's still played by Hollywood beauty Eve Arden.
- Ghostbusters (2016) has a rare male example. The female Ghostbusters hire a Brainless Beauty played by Chris Hemsworth as their secretary.
- Judy in the book Plainsong.
- Lady Jessica acts as her semi-husband's aide in Dune. She once with mild bitterness notes that this makes her a perfectly safe trustee of Atreides state secrets.
- Leto trusts her, but that doesn't stop some of his other assistants from questioning whether she's more loyal to House Atreides or Bene Gesserit. Which would be a fair concern, except for the fact that she actually does love Leto and for his sake has disobeyed her orders to have a daughter rather than a son with him.
- John Nike from Jennifer Government muses at one point how, while hot secretaries are fun, they are ultimately impractical (since they inevitably wind up demanding, and your books never get filed properly).
- Serendipity Sargasso in City of Devils and its sequel is a subversion. She's perfectly attractive for a fish girl, until she smiles and shows off a mouth overflowing with needle-like teeth.
- The clueless secretary in Tricky Business, hired solely on the basis of having a cleavage a small dog could get lost in. A defining moment would be when her wanabbe criminal mastermind boss tells the media scrum outside that he's not here, at which point she goes outside to proclaim "He says he's not here".
- In Vampirocracy, Leon and Ling's private detective agency has secretary Liz, who is blonde, beautiful, buxom, and reads Shakespere during her downtime.
- In James P. Hogan's The Proteus Operation, Lieutenant Colonel Boeckel is involved with his secretary, Hildegarde, who is described as 'trim and shapely'. He is told not to be so obvious about his relationship with her; shortly thereafter, she is sent elsewhere, and his new secretary is "fat as a carthorse and has bad breath".
- In the Heroes "R" Us Soldiers of Barrabas pulp novels, the Sleazy Politician who gives the SOB's their assignments has a buxom secretary who's clearly his mistress. In a subversion, she's an Ice Queen who doesn't bother hiding her disdain for her boss and everyone else.
Live Action TV
- Naturally, Harmony is one of these once she becomes the "secretary" part in Angel Season Five.
- Originally, Cordelia to Angel Investigations in Season 1.
- Young Mr. Grace (and his brother Old Mr. Grace) in Are You Being Served? had multiple sexy secretaries during the series. Just the sight of them often put quite a lot of stress on his weak heart, and in the sequel series Grace And Favour, a sexy secretary's bikini top popped off (off-screen, of course), and gave Young Mr. Grace a fatal heart attack.
- Auf Wiedersehen, Pet had Dagmar and Christa (played by Lysette Anthony).
- The Bill. Ted Roach encounters an example in the employ of a friend who's gone into private security, who denies there's any hanky-panky going on. "You're telling me you didn't hire that girl just to watch her lick the stamps?"
- In Breaking Bad, Ted Beneke is being audited by the IRS for cooking his books, and Skyler has to intervene since if the IRS starts looking into her, they'll find evidence of the money laundering Skyler's doing with Walt's drug manufacturing. Skyler pretends to be an incompetent secretary who was only hired for her looks to trick the IRS agent auditing Ted, convincing him that the irregularities he found weren't because of fraud, but because of her stupidity.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Hank apparently ran off with one.
- Charlie Runkle's hot and submissive secretary in Californication Season 1.
- Coronation Street Rosie Webster during her Fille Fatale phase tried to be one to her boss Tony. She didn't do very well when she surprised him in a hotel room, and abandoned this afterwards. The sexy secretary schitck, not the Fille Fatale behaviour.
- The Defenders (2017):
- Jessica Jones (2015): Jeri Hogarth's secretary, Pam, is younger, bustier and more attractive than her wife. She's having an affair with her.
- Daredevil (2015): Karen Page, played by the stunning Deborah Ann Woll, functions as one for Nelson & Murdock. Both Matt and Foggy are attracted to her, and in season 2, Matt begins dating her.
- Diplomatic Immunity has Kirsty, who is more of a Perky Goth version of this trope. But she still receives multiple proposals every year, to her annoyance. In contrast to the other corrupt members of the embassy, she seems to be the only one who does any legitimate work.
- Game of Thrones: Missandei is essentially Daenerys' secretary and is a good looking woman to boot.
- Get Smart. In "Greer Window" the head of Greer Industries has one, and her sexiness is emphasized whenever she bends down to get something from the filing cabinet. The Chief looks happy when told she has to get another file, only for his smile to disappear when told it's in the top drawer.
- Commandant Klink of Hogan's Heroes had two, Hilda and then her Suspiciously Similar Substitute Helga.
- Stella's secretary in How I Met Your Mother. Notable in that she was played by a much revitalized Britney Spears following her divorce and subsequent breakdown.
- Carrie Heffernan in The King of Queens generally resents her lowly status as a legal secretary/PA and continually strives to be seen as something more than this. But she isn't above playing on the Sexy Secretary trope for favors from her less politically correct bosses.
- Joan from Mad Men.
- A male variant in the form of Lane Pryce's assistant (effectively a secretary). He is considered absolutely heavenly by all of the younger American (female) secretaries. They particularly like his voice and accent, complete with the line about listening to him read the phone book.
- All of them. Probably even Miss Ida "Queen of Perversions" Blankenship, back in her day.
- This is actually a recurring plot point—as Joan mentions in Season 4, it's not uncommon for men to hook up with and/or marry their secretaries. Roger Sterling does it early on, eventually marrying Don's secretary; Harry Crane gets Exiled to the Couch for it; and Don himself had a fling with Allison and ends up proposing to current secretary Megan by the end of Season 4.
- The secretary that gets kidnapped by Martians in Disney's Mars and Beyond.
- In the ITV1 Work Com, Mumbai Calling, one of the call centre staff decides to hire a sexy secretary for his new boss. After said boss makes it clear he doesn't want one, the female assessor from London, who was dropped miles away at his suggestion (they thought she, Terri Johnson, was a he) and now looks very disheveled after an encounter with a fruit stall and donkey droppings, arrives. The first guy pulls a textbook Right in Front of Me, when he compliments her on her "dirty Carol Vorderman" look, but says the interviews are over.
- Oz. Warden Glynn gets a vivacious black woman as his PA, and for once no-one complains about having to wait to see him.
- In the 1950's sitcom Private Secretary, Ann Sothern played a very attractive secretary whose attempts to help out her boss (especially in romance) tended to comedically backfire.
- Sam from Richard Diamond Private Detective, originally played by Mary Tyler Moore, pulled this off while being unseen for the most part - all the viewers got was her voice and her legs...both of which proved replaceable.
- In Seinfeld, George tries to avoid getting a sexy secretary. He ends up with a nerdy, more efficient secretary instead, and has sex with her anyway, because she was so efficient it turned him on.
- Stacy from Spin City played by Jennifer Esposito.
- Jennifer Marlowe (Loni Anderson) in WKRP in Cincinnati. (Although she is very precise in identifying herself as a receptionist, not a secretary. And who didn't type or get coffee.)
- Donnatella Moss from The West Wing wasn't just a secretary, but it was clearly included in her job description. As for her sexiness, sceptics are referred to the opening section of The Portland Trip and the red dress that has become infamous in the fandom.
- Another Donna is Harvey Specter's assistant from Suits is not only sexy but also smarter then the boys and has the sass to get away with it.
- Angel. When Angel becomes CEO of the LA branch of Wolfram & Hart, he's annoyed to find that Dumb Blonde vampire Harmony is now his secretary. However the Day in the Life episode "Harm's Way" shows that while she's not the brightest vampire in the coffin, Harmony is genuinely trying her best even though her efforts are never appreciated by the heroes.
- Humorama: Their digest line featured these as a staple of their gag cartoons. It helps that many were drawn by skilled illustrators like Dan Decarlo, Bill Ward and Bill Wenzel.
- In the video for the Rammstein single "Pussy", the drummer Christoph Schneider plays a CEO who gets seduced by his secretary.
- Sandra McCoy as Justin Timberlake's "Sexretary" at the beginning of **NSYNC's "Pop" performance at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Lene Alexandra in her "My Boobs Are Okay" video.
- Before joining Morning Musume Nakazawa Yuko was a secretary; she's also quite attractive.
- The Marianas Trench video for "All To Myself" has one, complete with an Office Romance.
- Beetle Bailey: Miss Buxley is Brigadier General Halftrack's secretary, and everyone on the base seems to lust after her. Halftrack's own Dirty Old Man tendencies to her had to be toned down over the years when they became less politically correct.
- Agatha Crumm's secretary, Winsome. A second one, Harriet, was introduced later.
- The title character from the 1955-83 strip Lolly.
- Stacy Keibler had a secretary type gimmick, going by Ms. Hancock on the team Standards and Practices for the majority of her time in WCW, and occasionally donned the sexretary gear in WWF/WWE as well.
- During his run as WCW Commissioner, Ernest "The Cat" Miller had a secretary named Ms. Jones.
- In WWE, when Mick Foley was the commissioner, Debra McMichael played this for a short time.
- Miss Tesmacher (no, not that one...that one)
- Su Yung is an advertised one, for the Premier Athlete Brand in Dragon Gate
- Samantha, the unseen, unheard and quite possibly fictional assistant and scorer on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue.
- Rachel in Hotel Dusk: Room 215.
- Vice and Mature from The King of Fighters are first seen as Rugal Berstein's secretaries, but after his death in 95, they become playable characters and Iori Yagami's fighting partners.
- In the goblin starting zone in World of Warcraft, the player had one on their home on Kezan.
- Mass Effect 2 has Yeoman Kelly Chambers, who is essentially Shepard's secretary. Flirt with her and, regardless of gender, she flirts right back. She can even show Shepard her gratitude for being rescued.
- The Imperial Agent in Star Wars: The Old Republic contacts headquarters through Watcher Two, whom the male Agent can flirt shamelessly with.
- Kotori Otonashi from The Idolmaster game/anime.
- Olga from Asura's Wrath Reincarnates into one of these in The Stinger of Episode 22 of the game and is Deus's secretary.
- Jodie Crawford from Metal Wolf Chaos is a secretary, has a cute err... icon, and a rather pretty voice!
- Courtney from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, who's blonde and wears glasses and low-cut tops, as well as being a Cute Clumsy Girl.
- Ingrid Hunnigan in Resident Evil 4 fits this trope with a splash of Meganekko for good measure.
- Hello Nurse from Animaniacs seems to be this, rather than an actual nurse.
- The secretary from the Garfield Special: Babes and Bullets.
- Rosemary on Hong Kong Phooey that has an incredibly short uniform.
- Iron Man: Armored Adventures gives us the lovely Tricia, secretary to
Howard StarkObadiah Stane.
- Ms. Sara Bellum, the Mayor's faceless yet very statuesque assistant from The Powerpuff Girls. (Was also quite the Action Girl in one episode after being kidnapped by Sedusa.)
- Janine Melnitz on The Real Ghostbusters. Compared at the movie, she became a tall and curvy bombshell. In the first seasons regularly comes to work in tank tops and mini-skirts, and even once in a bikini...
- Sabrina: The Animated Series featured one in the episode "Xabrina Warrior Witch". She's wearing a form flattering business suit, chewing gum and has very obvious make-up and big hair.
- An episode of the Sam & Max animated series pastiching spy films in general and James Bond in particular featured one. When Sam addresses her as "Honey bunny", Max suggests that he's being a tad familiar, but Sam points out that no, "Honeybunny" is her name, she's the temp the Geek hired; so Max flirts a little himself. Later on, she tries to flirt back, but she's disguised as the Geek at the time (it's probably best not to ask how or why, since the Geek is twelve years old and half Honeybunny's size), and Max is so wigged out that he opts to run for the hills even after she takes off the disguise.
- SWAT Kats has Callie Briggs, the (much more competent) aid to the (foolish) Mayor Manx.
- Sandra Telfer of Broken Saints fame.
If you don't mind me asking... How the hell do you people manage to get any work done?