in training, a Fille Fatale (French for "fatal girl", idiomatically "girl to die for") is an adolescent or younger girl who knows how to use her looks to get what she wants.
While some will focus solely on their peers
, others want actual grown men and will proceed to seduce one. She may well initiate a Teacher/Student Romance
plot. This, of course, has much bigger implications for their victim — who is very liable to a sacking
at best (if they're a teacher), with a statutory rape charge
being more common (depends on jurisdiction, though).
Note that, in real life, children who exhibit sexualized behavior have often been the victims of sexual abuse. This is rarely addressed in fiction. In some people's opinion, overexposure to adult content like movies, porn, the Internet
, and music can cause the same kind of prematurely sexualized behavior, though how true this is is HOTLY
Compare her Spear Counterpart
, the Kid-anova
. See also Jail Bait
. In gay media, a particularly young and aggressive Twink
can fill much the same role.
For obvious reasons, Dawson Casting
is very likely. See also Troubling Unchildlike Behavior
. In some Western countries (though certainly not all of them)
, a major source of Squick
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- The above picture shows both Ren and Maria from Skip Beat!, the latter invoking this trope in a daydream in which she imagines the former professing undying love. Outside said daydreams, he's fond of her (not in that way) and pities her for her family situation, so he pays attention to her.
- Older Than They Think: this archetype appeared in 1975 with Meg, the tomboyish heroine of the Magical Girl series Majokko Meg-chan. The girl is pretty aware of her good looks, is coquettish and outspoken (unlike the more mellow heroines of the time), and the OP of the series has her singing about using her beauty to woo guys and get what she wants from them.
- Ibuki Yagami from Maison Ikkoku, who aggressively pursues Godai, her substitute teacher.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion's Asuka Langley Soryuu has a blatant, possessive crush on Kaji (and raging 14-year-old narcissism in general) that turns out to be a symptom of her trauma and desperate need for attention to give her self-worth. Kaji doesn't accept her advances whatsoever, thinking she is much too young. She also makes a few subtle (and a few not so subtle) advances at main character Shinji Ikari, most of which pass over Shinji's head. In Rebuild of Evangelion, Asuka's crush on Kaji is completely absent, and she tries to win Shinji over by being a good cook.
- Zange from Kannagi.
- Evangeline McDowell from Mahou Sensei Negima! seems like this at first glance, but the little detail about her being literally the second oldest entity on campus (including the ancient principal, the ghost that has been haunting her current classroom for sixty years, and, in all likelyhood, the dragon under the library) sort of disqualifies her. Now, if only she would quit making passes at her (ten-year-old) teacher....
- In Gunsmith Cats, Minnie May was working as a prostitute and taking age-slowing drugs to appeal to those with a young girl fetish. Though it's explained rather vaguely, she used drugs in order to hasten her puberty so that her adult boyfriend wouldn't feel weird about being with her. She got breasts and hips a lot earlier than normal, but, as a side-effect, stopped growing for good.
- Akari in Domina no Do!.
- Nao from Mai Hi ME. She pretends to engage in Enjo Kosai, then rolls the marks with her CHILD.
- Ryuuko from Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest.
- Subverted in Soul Eater, where Rachel Boyd acts this way...but only when she's the victim of Medusa's Grand Theft Me. Once Medusa leaves her body, it's presumed she returns to be a more or less normal five-year-old girl.
- Omamori Himari has Shizuku, who's a Really 700 Years Old Token Mini-Moe water demon and who openly tries to seduce the main character (or anyone else, if it's in her favour, or just for fun).
- Blue from Pokémon Special (known as "Green" in the US). She grew out of it later, though.
- Alois Trancy from the second season of Black Butler is one of the very few male examples; wearing skimpy booty shorts, acting slutty, having no respect for any private space...in fact, he's a textbook example for the oversexed behaviour of some young victims of sexual abuse. Sadly, Alois (or better said, Jim Macken) is one: he and other boys around his age were Sex Slaves for a rich nobleman, and he was the only one who survived. Already unstable from before the abuse thanks to the death of his younger brother Luca, Alois /Jim ultimately crossed the Despair Event Horizon and make a Deal with the Devil, summoning Claude Faustus...
- 15-year-old Flay Allster from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. When her father is killed by a ZAFT pilot, she decides that she wants the Coordinators of ZAFT dead, and also wants her former classmate Kira to suffer for failing to protect her father. Knowing that Kira hates killing but is also the only one with the skills to really combat the Coordinators, she feigns a romantic interest in him and manipulates him into fighting, including at least one instance of having sex with him. Eventually, her feigned feelings begin to become genuine, but she dies before she ever gets to make amends for her original motivations, leaving Kira believing she was really in love with him from the get go.
- Given her age of only 13 years old, Kuroko Shirai's sexual fixation of her "Onee-sama" makes her this. Especially when you see her taste in underwear and swimsuits.
- Jeremy from A Cruel God Reigns is a rare real life example in that in the manga, the entire first six volumes are a flashback to the sexual and physical abuse that he received at the hands of his stepfather. While this is going on, Jeremy begins to envision drinking Ian's blood in a fetish sort of way, and repeatedly forcibly kisses his roommate William (although this is more along the lines of Sex for Solace). In the latter, present day half of the story, Jeremy becomes a teenaged prostitute and is constantly making advances toward or is trying to seduce his stepbrother Ian to "bring him down to his level" and essentially punish him for not believing or helping him when he first confessed that he was being raped by their father. He seduces or trades sex for things like drugs from his older classmate Pansy or even a random adult at a party in exchange for a cigarette. Although on the older side at 16, Jeremy's flirtations are blatant examples of Fan Disservice and are far more adult than they should be.
- Mitsuko Souma of Battle Royale tries to be a Femme Fatale, but she really is this. And unlike most examples of this trope, it actually is a result of sexual abuse as a child.
- From Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, while we don't see much of them, Touka Yada and Hinano Kurahashi are shown to be this trope thanks to being students of the Femme Fatale Irina.
- 15-going-on-16 years old Yukime from Hell Teacher Nube is introduced as one. She at first intended to either drag him by force with her or kill him, but when she commited the mistake of threatening his students and he fought her off, her love became more genuine and she decided to gain his affections by more honest means.
- In Cyborg 009's story Heart of the Machine, Albert/004 strikes an Odd Friendship with a 13/14-year-old girl named Nana. She turns out to be this, due to extreme Parental Abandonment; at some point she even strips naked to taunt Albert, and when he doesn't take the bait, she covers herself and breaks down crying
- Very cleverly and humorously applied in Calvin and Hobbes without it being the least bit Squicky. Six-year old Susie Derkins "charmed" stuffed tiger Hobbes into giving her his water balloon during a water fight, and she used it to drench Calvin.
- Adrienne Forrester (Alicia Silverstone) in The Crush. A 14-year-old girl falls in love with her parents' house guest. When he declines her advances, she makes his life a living hell.
- After a certain age, girls in any of the incarnations of St Trinians fit this trope to a tee. Although it should be noted that this, like some of the other British examples listed on this page, features girls of 17 (the heavily sexualised Trinian's girls are Sixth Form students), and are therefore of legal age in Britain (Age of consent is 16 in the UK).
- Becky in Kidulthood.
- Dierdre in Foxes (1980).
- Diane in Trainspotting.
- Ali and Heather in Bully.
- Tamsin in My Summer Of Love.
- Dodger Allen, Cry_Wolf.
- Kimberly Joyce from Pretty Persuasion.
- Kara from Brick, along with Laura Dannon. The two straddle the line between this and full-on Femme Fatale; they're high schoolers, but (seemingly) on the older end, and they're also involved in a variety of adult crimes such as drug dealing and blackmail. And one is indirectly involved in murder.
- Tracy Flick (Reese Witherspoon) of Election has had an affair with one of her teachers (who is now an ex-teacher).
- Lux Lisbon in The Virgin Suicides, she's the second youngest (14 years old) and the only one who had sexual intercourses among her sisters.
- Ivy (Drew Barrymore) in Poison Ivy.
- Dede Truitt (Christina Ricci) in The Opposite Of Sex.
- Hayley Stark of Hard Candy appears to be an example at first — that is, until she throws it all aside, ties up the man she was previously seducing, accuses him of being a pedophile, pretends to castrate him, and generally just Mind Screws him until he commits suicide.
- Angela in American Beauty, played by Mena Suvari, is one of these — except she never actually did anything; the tales of her sexual conquests of older men were fabrications, and Lester gently turned her down upon learning she was still a virgin.
- Esther Coleman from Orphan. Or so we think, since her real name is Leena and she's truly in her 30's. Then again, the girl playing her was only 12, so it could still qualify.
- Iris in Taxi Driver, although she is probably forced into this situation
- Regina's little sister in Mean Girls (who looks to be about nine) is seen imitating the girls on TV lifting their shirts up. Mark Waters says on the DVD Commentary that he felt it was the low point in his directing career asking the child actress to move closer to the teddy bear before flashing.
- Michelle from Cherrybomb is most certainly this.
- Leelee Sobieski's character in Eyes Wide Shut.
- Mathilda in The Professional (aka Leon).
- Jodie in Tamara Drewe.
- Bibi (Lynn-Holly Johnson) in For Your Eyes Only. James Bond even turns down the chance to sleep with her after she strips off and lies naked in his bed.
- Mini, the Villain Protagonist of Mini's First Time, is, at eighteen, technically too old for this trope, but nevertheless is worth mentioning here since it is her youth that makes her seductiveness, manipulativeness, and evil so astonishing and compelling.
- Sue Ann Stepanek (Tuesday Weld) from Pretty Poison would be a vamp if it wasn't because she was seventeen.
- Nikki in Odd Girl Out, this aspect of her isn't directly relevant to why she's dangerous to the main protagonist, but we are told how she likes to manipulate boys.
- Double Subversion with Mia in Fish Tank. She is clearly intrigued by Connor from the beginning, but doesn't consciously act on it. However, when he starts reciprocating the interest, things turn inappropriate.
- Eli in Let the Right One In... Sort of.
- Tracy and Evie, the main characters in Thirteen, especially Evie, as Tracy mostly follows her lead. Aside from dressing provocatively for most of the film, at one point they seduce their hot lifeguard neighbor, who's in his twenties. He eventually resists and kicks them out of the house.
- Luli in Hick, not helped by Chloe Grace Moretz only being about a year or two older than her character's supposed to be.
Live Action TV
- Alison DiLaurentis in Pretty Little Liars, who was only 14 or 15 when she seduced Ian.
- It was worse in the book, when she was only twelve.
- She's possibly seduced others, and was definitely a flirt with many others. And deliberately played with Emily's Schoolgirl Lesbian crush on her.
- As a general rule, in the world of PLL, people have a hard time following the wait portion of The Jail Bait Wait. Possibly because Allison, the Alpha Bitch, has given her minions a case of the Fille Fatale - All four girls have been involved with older people while being underage. And for some unknown reason, no one has yet to have found this troubling.
- Rosie Webster in Coronation Street.
- The character was actually over 16 before she started displaying this more...aggressive personality, and therefore not Fille Fatale by UK law.
- Karen Jackson in Shameless
- Marie Minshull in Footballers Wives
- Parker McKenna in Six Feet Under
- Lucy Archer in The Lakes
- Sugar in the first season of Sugar Rush, when she is 15 years old. By the time of the second season, she is 17-18, so the trope no longer applies by that point.
- Ingrid in Young Dracula.
- Audrey Horne (Sherilyn Fenn) in Twin Peaks is particularly infamous for the Double Entendres that she aimed at almost every male she encountered in the series, and especially for the scene where she tied a cherry stem into a knot with her tongue — but just like Mena Suvari in American Beauty, it's all an act.
- Except for her showing up naked in Agent Dale Cooper's bed.
- Several of the female characters from Skins verge on this, particularly Effy and Michelle.
- Slightly scandalous in Effy's case, as the actress really was fourteennote at the time of filming — no Dawson Casting there!
- One of the major plot points of Californication is Hank sleeping with his ex-wife's soon-to-be daughter-in-law. She blackmails him for attention through the series.
- One of the killer's victims in the Criminal Minds episode "52 Pickup" is depicted as one of these in a flashback sequence.
- One of the patients in House seduced her note father because she knew that the threat of revealing that he had committed statutory rape with his own daughter would give her power.
- Ruby Buttons (Anna Shaffer) in Hollyoaks.
- In Copper child prostitute Annie. Although she has a major league Freudian Excuse, having been forced into marriage at the age of ten, to a man who treated her so badly that life in a brothel seemed preferable plus the pressures of survival on the streets of the Five Corners district of New York in the 1860s.
- Sansa Stark seems to be trying her hand at this in the fourth season of Game of Thrones, telling Littlefinger (who'd been bragging that his enemies are in the dark about his true motives), "I know what you want" and dressing in a more flattering and provocative manner. A rare sympathetic example, given her precarious situation and lack of options.
- Lola Lombardi from Bully fits this one. She's pretty overtly sexual and uses it to con money, gifts, grades, and whatever else she wants from the male students.
- Misha of Ar tonelico seems like one, but her true self is an adult and she's able to switch between her young and adult forms. She adopts a younger form through most of the game for various reasons, one of them being that she believed Lyner preferred her that way.
- Illyasviel von Einzbern in Fate/stay night very much enjoys watching Shiro squirm when she puts the moves on him in the anime series. Also an Enfant Terrible and a Tykebomb. It turns out that she's actually biologically older than the person she tries to seduce, and only looks like a young child. And even after that, she doesn't have her own H-scene; in the Tiger Dôjô, we're told that she was going to have a H-scene in that gorgeous bed, but her route was dropped in favor of expanding the Heaven's Feel route.
- Dahlia Hawthorne from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations seduced a childlike man at the age of 14 and forced him to make a suicide pact for her. It's her Moral Event Horizon moment. To make things worse, she has plenty more where that came from, and the Ephebophile she dated looks far more sympathetic than her as he kills himself in court.
- Better Days includes a girl who seduces the not-quite-old-enough main character and has sex with him repeatedly over the length of their relationship. Then, her abusive family is found out and she's sent off to foster care. The main character bears the psychic scars of his own abuse until he happens to meet her again...she's been through counseling and a loving foster family that taught her all the right things, and she's making a go at her own career, well aware now of the wrongs of her past (both those done to her and those she did to others).
- Blue from College Roomies from Hell!!!. She doesn't hesitate to use the manipulation skills learned by all children of the Green family to seduce Dave.
- Larisa from Sandra and Woo likes to dress sexy to appeal to boys, has already smooched around a dozen of them and doesn't mind being called a slut for this sort of behavior...She's also digging more conservative family values, though.
- Although she may look forward to find a guy she'll consider marrying, until then, she probably wants to enjoy her single life ass much ass possible.
- Rose Crowley from Treading Ground (May be NSFW occasionally). It turns out that she is legal in her state by the time she starts chasing Nate Ashborne, but it is indicated that she lost her cherry long before then.
- Gloria Goode from Everyday Heroes (at least she thinks so ... she's had mixed results so far).
- Paparazzi of the Whateley Universe, who is already a supervillainess while still in high school. Granted, it's Whateley Academy, but still...
- Solange (Tansy Walcutt) probably counts as well, since she's been using her feminine wiles and good looks to seduce and humiliate guys since she was fourteen.
- Archer episode Swiss Miss, the underage rich guy's daughter ISIS is trying to protect. She tries to seduce Archer, and given his Anything That Moves reputation he has a hard time convincing his colleagues that Even He Has Standards. As the show spoofs spy movies, it may have been inspired by Bibi (Lynn-Holly Johnson) from For Your Eyes Only.
- Dot from Animaniacs knows exactly how to use her cute looks and overly big eyes to get people to do what she wants.
- Lolita and Tanqueray from Beavis and Butt-Head use their sex appeal to manipulate the titular duo in no less than three episodes.