Takeshi Tsuchie, a shy and unassuming high school student, is called out to on the way to class one day. Before he can even turn around, he has been drugged, knocked out, and kidnapped. That's not nearly as surprising as why — the strange men in black that did it did it at the behest of his extremely wealthy fiancée — Hikari Domina, a childhood friend whom he doesn't remember proposing to at all.
Then he meets her and his new in-laws, and all hell breaks loose.
A new series by Zappa Go, the author of the original Please Teacher!
and Onegai Twins
Novels and the trope-tastic Chocotto Sister
, Domina no Do!
(a pun on the Japanese way of saying dominatrix
) is a fanservice-laden Romantic Comedy
in the same vein of Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa
— it takes a Characterization Trope
usually found in adult ero-manga (aka "hentai manga") series and spins it into a standard (if still extremely ecchi and probably Not Safe for Work
- Accidental Kiss: Played completely and utterly straight. Until Hikari pulls out a police baton and beats Takeshi unconscious for it. And wakes him up with the burning butt of Otose's cigarette on his forehead the next day because it gave her an erotic dream.
- Accidental Pervert: Takeshi about once a chapter. Which is impressive since he lives with BDSM fetishists.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Several instances.
- Bastard Girlfriend: Hikari stands out, but several other female characters also fit the mold. In Hikari's case, she has somewhat of an explanation: since her parents are into BDSM and didn't care if she witnessed their sexual practices, she simply doesn't understand that a boy's gonna react poorly when she tries to cheer him up via offering him to kiss her feet.
- Battle Butler: Hikari's one eyed ninja-maid, Otose, a Captain Ersatz of Big Boss.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension/Twice Shy: Probably closer to the former than the latter. Takeshi is attracted to Hikari but can't figure out her weird quirks. Hikari is attracted to Takeshi but has a Hair-Trigger Temper and reacts like a scorned dominatrix.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: The Domina household, hands down (it's even in their name!). The mother is a sadist, the father is a masochist, Akari is dangerously oversexed for a grade-schooler, Hikari is a tsundere dominatrix-in-training, Otose is violently devoted to Akari, Inko knows far too much about BDSM, Emyon is a strange girl from God-knows-where with a fascination for magic... and Takeshi is the Only Sane Man (relatively speaking). Then there's Kageri, Hikari's reclusive younger twin sister.
- Bishōnen: Mitsuru Harigata, a Hopeless Suitor for Hikari and Takeshi's rival-turned-ally. Who hails from a family whose training methods evoke some Straight Gay tendencies.
- Bleached Underpants: A variant, taking an ero-manga trope and applying it to a mostly non-adult work.
- Bratty Half-Pint: The sex-obsessed Akari.
- Cat Fight: The wrestling match between Mrs. Domina and Mrs. Sunado.
- Catch Phrase: "Otose! Instructional tool <Insert Torture Device Here>!"
- Celibate Hero: Takeshi — not by choice, as Otose threatened to actually cut off two-fifths of his testicles if she catches him "wasting any possible future children."
- Childhood Marriage Promise: Subverted in the fact that Takeshi was just kissing Hikari's skinned knee better and had no idea she was taking that as a proposal.
- Children Are Innocent: Averted. In a way, Hikari is innocent — her family's BDSM-centric lifestyle, no matter how strange it seems to other people, is totally normal for her. For example, when the subject of sex is brought up, she is caught researching it in the library. Akari takes this trope and runs the other way with it — she's the most perverse person in the series.
- Covert Pervert: Ayako, after being leaked on.
- In a lesser case, Takeshi himself.
- Crash into Hello: Played straight, with the exception of the head wound.
- Cut Short: The manga pretty much ends with nothing solved, no Character Development, and a lot of angry fans.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Akari. She's also a Manipulative Bitch, a Lolita in the classical (oversexed kid) sense of the word, and sadistic in the extreme. This contrasts well with Hikari, who while being a dominatrix in training, is not sadistic.
- Does Not Like Men: A variant. Liru openly despises men, Hikari thinks they should be properly trained.
Liru: "Ha! I couldn't care less if that's yours or not, but men are lowly creatures that should only be oppressed. Other than that, they're just worthless trash."
Hikari: "That's wrong, Liru. Men shouldn't be just randomly oppressed; they should be properly ordered and controlled."
- Though in her defense, her potential suitors she is presented with aren't really the best examples of the male gender.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Kageri is always seen barefoot.
- Domestic Abuse/Abuse Is Okay When It Is Female on Male: The former between Hikari and Takeshi (although hints abound that they really do love each other). The latter applies to Hikari's parents, who turn out to have a healthy, loving relationship based on BDSM.
- Kind of subverted, at least in the case of Groin Attacks. After her own experience with a baseball to the crotch which she fainted from (she was wearing a magically attached dick and balls at the time), Hikari realizes that going for the balls is not okay and apologies for it in typical Tsundere fashion.
- Embarrassing First Name: Inko Oosugi, Akari's personal maid. Inko is one letter away from "unko" (Japanese for "feces"). She lampshades this trope when she is introduced.
- Epiphany Therapy: Akari's offhand comment about why Takeshi would be in pain due to a kick to the balls (something Hikari has done repeatedly) — "It feels like putting a hair clip on your clitoris" — prompts Hikari to actually try said trick. She's not seen doing it, but her reaction is heard throughout the mansion, and the next day she's openly nicer to Takeshi.
- Erotic Dream - Plenty, mainly from Hikari about Takeshi. They really piss her off.
- Erotic Eating: Akari has a highly suggestive way of eating sausages.
- Eyepatch of Power: Otose.
- Eye Scream: Hot sauce in the eye as one of Takeshi's punishments
- Fille Fatale: Akari. She's way too dangerously oversexed for a grade-schooler.
- Forehead of Doom: Hikari. In fact, for Takeshi, it's what made him recognize her.
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: It took Takeshi quite some time to remember Hikari, whom he hadn't seen in years.
- Hammerspace: Well, Hammer-Ninja-Battle-Maid. Instead of just pulling things out of thin air, Hikari shouts for Otose, who then appears out of thin air and hands them to her.
- Hikikomori: Kageri, Hikari's younger twin sister, who lives in a 3x3-feet room in an abandoned chapel connected to the main house through a hidden passage from the large portrait on the mansion lobby to a coffin in the chapel. She is so far the least screwed up girl Takeshi meets which says much about the series.
- Hypno Fool: Takeshi, tied up and electrocuted during a tennis match, gains a Pavlovian-style conditioned reflex to the sight of panties (it electrocutes him). The same thing happens after the Cat Fight mentioned above only it requires high-cut panties.
- I Kiss Your Foot: Used in lieu of a kiss on the cheek by Hikari's parents, to the point that she tries to cheer Takeshi up by letting him do it to her. He, not understanding what was going on, reacted poorly. She, not understanding why, also reacts poorly. Akari explains it to Takeshi after he sees his new in-laws doing it.
- Innocent Innuendo: Amazingly enough, Hikari. Her mother is a dominatrix. Her father is a male submissive. They have a relatively happy, balanced relationship of consensual BDSM. Unfortunately they're very open about it, and it's given Hikari the impression that all romantic male-female relationships are like that.
- Lotus-Eater Machine: Takeshi is put through one where Kageri had a Meet Cute and Crash into Hello with them as normal students that slowly grew into a romance between them. But before they had their first kiss Takeshi resists as he realizes something is not right.
- Meido: Given the Dominas' prominence, they have an army of these, of which three stand out — Otose Kirii, Inko Oosugi, and Emyon Chuse Nsha, personal Meidos of Hikari, Akari and Takeshi, respectively.
- Mundane Made Awesome: An opening ceremony for Hikari's school's first male restroom, complete with ribbon-cutting courtesy of Takeshi.
- New Transfer Student: Spoofed. Hikari forces Takeshi into her school... an all-girls' school.
- The Ojou: Hikari and Akari, so rich their parents own an entire mountain.
- Parental Abandonment: Literally so, as Hikari's parents buy Takeshi off of them, promising them monetary sustenance in exchange (the father was recently laid off and spent time at internet cafes pretending to be still at work, and the mother wasted whatever money they had on pachinko slots hoping for huge sums).
- Potty Emergency: Takeshi faces this when he realizes that the all-girl's school doesn't have a men's room. Amazingly, this actually leads to a rather dramatic and scary series of events.
- Older than They Look: Hikari's grandmother, looks about the same age as Akari.
- Rich Bitch: Hikari, possibly. Liru Sunado, Hikari's classmate and rival, definitely.
- Room Full of Crazy: Some of the rooms in Hikari's house are like this, due to them having fetish materials in them and the like... but Ayako's room plays the trope much more accurately.
- Shout-Out: The horse's head left by Otose in Takeshi's bed is a reference to The Godfather. And the book that Hikari uses as "Instructional Tool 'A Spoonful of Intellect'" is The 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade — hardly an unexpected book to find in the private library of a dominatrix.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Might be literal, given the weird BDSM undertones.
- Spit Take: Hikari's reaction to the insinuation that she's had sex with Takeshi.
- Spoiled Brat: Hikari and Akari.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Liru's butler, Hikari's father, and Takeshi's most likely eventual fate.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Akari... let's just say she's way too oversexed for a grade-school kid.
- Tsundere: Dear god, Hikari is such a violent Type A she's a literal dominatrix. She might be the new poster-girl of this trope (the only thing missing is being voiced by Rie Kugimiya in an anime adaptation). She beats the crap out of Takeshi in one frame, in another she's quietly blushing or having dreams of him romantically kissing her. Of course, right afterwards she wakes him up with a lit cigarette to the head, so... yeah.
- Unconfessed Unemployment: Takeshi's father lost his job months earlier but his wife and son only find out when Takeshi gets abducted. All this time he pretended to go to the office, when in fact he just spent his days in internet cafes.
- Unlucky Everydude: Takeshi, with heavy focus on "unlucky".
- Whip It Good: Hikari's weapon of choice is a riding crop/police baton, since she hasn't quite worked herself up to a whip yet. Same general idea, just more painful. Liru plays this directly straight, whipping her butler because she's upset (and revealing some huge and severe whip scars on his back).
- Yandere: Ayako. Even after she's defeated, she sends a letter back from her training, which is a fairly standard "Someday I'll come back" love letter. Until he realizes there are countless pages of "please wait for me" written, Madness Mantra style, alongside the letter, with the scrawl turning steadily more insane looking as the pages go on.
- Oh, and she's training with the family's grandmother.