Scott Pilgrim: Don't you just wish this moment could last forever?He isn't a pervert. No, really! His hands just happened to slip and find themselves on her breasts. He just happened to trip on that rug over there and land (probably head-first) on top of her ample chest. Maybe he needed to use the bathroom and ran into her taking a bath or a shower. And he just happened to be there when the only wind of the day blew up her skirt and his only sin was instinctive goggling. He can't help it if his honest-to-goodness accidental moves make him come off as a lech that can't even muster the... "slickness"... of the Casanova Wannabe. A characterization trap here is that they sometimes come across as really being lecherous, but are too incompetent and cowardly to be open about it. They really are leering at female body parts; but are terrified of getting hit or yelled at — or more charitably, they're tempted despite realizing that it would be wrong; in either case, the gropings are a type of Freudian slip. Of course, the girls will never believe him, and almost always believe the least charitable interpretation (even at times where it's clearly not his fault), usually launching them straight into Pervert Revenge Mode. Cue Armor-Piercing Slap, shrill cries, and desperate attempts at redemption. In comic works, the slap is often replaced with the Hyperspace Mallet or Paper Fan of Doom, and god help you if you have this character trait within striking range of a Tsundere. For all practical purposes, his life is a Fanservice-laden version of Cold Turkeys Are Everywhere. Note the possible This Loser Is You implications. See also Naked First Impression and Thanks for the Mammary. Overlaps with Not What It Looks Like, except that Accidental Pervert refers to a character type to which this kind of thing happens all the time, rather than just a few times. He's usually also the Unlucky Everydude to emphasize his sheer bad luck in scoring with girls. This can also happen to the Chaste Hero or Celibate Hero, for the obvious comic value. When played straight, the Accidental Pervert has at least some elements of the Chivalrous Pervert, which he may become outright if he gains enough confidence to come to terms with his libido. They can often be mistaken for The Peeping Tom. They fall into this if they Crash Through the Harem. A lot of the times, this trope occurs in very unlikely circumstances. Sometimes, it isn't so much bad luck as it is characters grabbing the Idiot Ball. The girl may not always be very cautious (like changing clothes in her bedroom without covering the windows or locking the door). This could lead into a Double Standard as the boy is treated as the pervert, even though it's at least partially the girl's fault. Men are not exempt from this however, as they often walk into situations that you just know are going to end up like this (like barging into a girl's bedroom without even knocking). Sharply contrast Unprovoked Pervert Payback for when the guy didn't even get to see anything and the attack just comes out of nowhere.
Ramona: This moment with your hand on my boob?
Ramona: This moment with your hand on my boob?
open/close all folders
- There's an ad where a woman on a plane attempts to climb over the sleeping man sitting next to her to get to the aisle. Through a series of mishaps, she ends up with her sleeves snagged (pinning her arms behind her back) and her blouse popping open. The man wakes up with the woman's breasts (covered by her bra) in his face.
- An Australian ad for copy paper featuring a pre-Chuck Yvonne Strahovski ends with Yvonne climbing on top of the bed tray of an office scanner to retrieve a package of paper from a shelf, and accidentally kicking the "scan" button. She's wearing a miniskirt. Cue hapless office drone who comes by and unwittingly picks up one of the scans just as Yvonne turns around... The ad can be seen here. Which is nearly a 100% ripoff of a Japanese commercial where an office lady climbs on top of a copier to get some pocky(?) or different kind of chocolate snack. Who keeps that in the office supply cupboard is anybody's guess though.
- There's a Speedstick deodorant commercial that's about a man who's been waiting for a dryer to become available for a very long time, so he decides to unload it himself. He drops a piece of clothing and politely picks it up, not realizing that it was a pair of panties until the beautiful girl who they belonged to showed up. He even lampshades it.
And now I look like a total pervert.
- Two Walmart ads for How to Train Your Dragon merch show Hookfang sneaking around a Walmart and into an aisle that a young woman is walking through. As he sneaks behind her, his tongue flicks in and out like a snake and touches her butt. She looks annoyed and turns around, likely expecting a creepy dude, only to find a giant fire-breathing dragon, causing her to (depending on the ad) faint in shock or run away screaming.
Anime & Manga
- Since it's a harem comedy, this happens a few times to Maeda from Ai Kora. Though given that Maeda is a raging pervert, the girls can usually be forgiven for jumping to this conclusion.
- Subverted and inverted in Ai Yori Aoshi. The events are almost exclusively the fault of the girls, and when Kaoru ends up with another eye- (or face-)full of breasts, almost everyone just laughs it off. Kaoru Is just too nice a guy to be doing that kind of thing - and his Single-Target Sexuality with Aoi helps smooth over the cracks - albeit sometimes to the other girls' disappointment. It also forms a playful swipe at comedy harem slapstick like that in Love Hina: what would happen if you actually listened to the explanations before punching people in the face?
- In Angel Beats!, the second episode sees a human ladder form when Otonashi, Hinata, and Yuri all fall into a pit and grab each other. Otonashi, being on the bottom of the ladder, has to climb up first. When he gets to Yuri, he hesitates a moment, claiming that he doesn't know where he should grab onto. Yuri, being rather more concerned with holding up the weight of two people than physical intimacy, tells him to just grab anywhere and hurry. Although, she doesn't give the same grace to Hinata when it's his turn to climb:
Yuri: HEY! Don't grab me there! [kick]
Hinata: [falling] Yoooooouuuuuu biiiiiiiiiiiit—
Otonashi: Where's Hinata?
Yuri: His was a noble sacrifice.
- Both Aratas from Arata Kangatari are prone to this every now and then. Arata from Amawakuni tends to be complete oblivious about what he's doing or seeing, while Arata Hinohara acts like a typical, awkward teenage boy about it...unless he gets smacked by Kotaha for it.
- Kickboxing trainer Kunimitsu from Ayane's High Kick is labeled as pervert both for his That Came Out Wrong method of introduction, and for wrapping his arms around his student Ayane's chest when trying to prevent her from leaving the ring.
- Axis Powers Hetalia: Holy Roman Empire. Several times he has accidentally lifted up (or pulled down) Chibitalia's shorts. In addition, Italy and Romano both have hair curls that function as erogenous zones. Both have been unknowingly felt up by Germany and Spain, respectively.
- Kosuda from B Gata H Kei provides examples of this on a few occasions, though the difference is that his girlfriend (and series protagonist) Yamada wants it. Problem is, he has no idea. That she wants it. Or even that she's his girlfriend.
- Eiichirou from Baby Steps is referred to as a stalker and a pervert, much to his chagrin, starting when he was caught watching Natsu in secret while she was practicing for her tennis club.
- Birdy the Mighty:
- This is the running gag on Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan, and nearly always results in Sakura getting messily killed and then promptly resurrected by the title character.
- A Certain Magical Index
- If Touma casually opens a door, there will be a girl changing on the other side, regardless of what kind of room it is. No exceptions. If Touma bumps into a girl, he'll most likely end up touching her boobs or something. Even when walking in a public park, he isn't exempt from this. This is partly justified in how this guy is supposed to be rather unlucky (although YMMV on how "unlucky" it is to invoke this trope). But a lot of the times, it's because the girl and/or Touma grabbed the Idiot Ball.
- Accelerator gets some of this too, such as the time he walked in on two busty twenty-something year-olds (and a little girl) all naked in the shower. Unlike Touma though, his reaction is more subdued.
Last Order: Why did you show up without any warning!? Misaka Misaka says as she desperately grabs for the falling bath towel, but it is far too late.
Accelerator: Why didn't you lock the door?
Yomikawa: Oh, I'm sorry. I've been living all alone up to now, so I forgot.
Yoshikawa: Aiho, cover them up for now.
Last Order: You two don't feel anything even though you're being seen naked? Misaka Misaka asks an innocent question.
Yoshikawa: It's nothing to get excited about.
Yomikawa: He's a kid, we're adults.
Last Order: Instead of sounding like an adult, that sounds more like an old woman. Owowow! Suddenly you two are crushing Misaka's head!
Accelerator: Have some sense of security, would you?
- In Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Ikki first meets Stella when he walks into her changing. Then he uses Insane Troll Logic and takes off his shirt to even the slate. Turns out to be a genuine misunderstanding because the headmaster intentionally made them roommates.
- Granted, he really is something of a pervert, but the Hideki, the male lead of Chobits, seems to suffer this as a constant source of amusement... especially embarrassing seeing how Chii is the Innocent Fanservice Robot Girl.
- Detective Conan
- Since Ran doesn't know Shinichi/Conan's real identity, she's either undressed in front of the "kid" and/or taken baths with him several times. Hilariously lampshaded by his mother Yukiko, who after she manages to keep Ran from finding out his identity, eagerly tells him that Ran would be not happy to find out that the kid she's bathed with is actually the love interest she's Tsundere for...
- Ran also played the role once, when she inadvertently saw an important clue pertaining to the identity of the killer when she accidentally walked in on each male member of a local Drama Club while they were changing.
- In Doraemon, often happen to Nobita with Shizuka. Is a Running Gag about Nobita used the Anywhere Door to go to Shizuka's house and found her bathing in the tub (sometimes happen also with Doraemon). In other occasions, he accidentally see under her skirt.
- Dragon Ball
- In the first arc, Goku — being raised in the mountains until he met Bulma — doesn't know how to confirm gender by look, so he innocently pats the girls' privates for any... well, balls. This resulted from an interesting situation in episode 2 when he took off Bulma's undies while she's sleeping...
- Apparently cut out from the American version; Goku also pats Chi-Chi in that area with his foot when he first meets her, to confirm that she is indeed a girl. This, of course, leads to him being pushed off the Flying Nimbus by a very embarrassed Chi-Chi. It also leads, directly, to her deciding to marry him. A decision which she carries through with about seven years later.
- Yamcha quite lots in earlier chapters of the manga, when his fear of women is still intact, no less. Such as when he accidentally watched Bulma take a bath and likely touched Bulma's boobs when she was naked while sleeping.
- This happens occasionally to Makoto Mizuhara in El-Hazard: The Magnificent World. Primarily when he was serving as Princess Fatora's Body Double.
- In Elfen Lied, Kouta's cousin Yuuka slaps him a lot for this. The first time it happened, Nyu had been out in the rain and her clothes were soaked. Kouta tried helping her change with his eyes closed, but his cousin walked in at just the right moment for his honest explanation to be hardest to believe. Of course, it's all because Yuuka's a Clingy Jealous Girl over how he doesn't pay the same apparent attention to her. This drops out of sight almost completely when the drama gets dialed Up to Eleven.
- Lampshaded in Fairy Tail. Gray is often considered to be one because he has a habit of subconsciously stripping to his underwear. Of course, there's also the first meeting with his love interest, a woman whose magic causes her body to be made entirely out of water. When trying to freeze her in the middle of battle he grabs the first thing he can get a hold of: her boob.
- Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA: Illya is taking a bath at night when she notices something strange in the sky. She turns off the lights so it will be easier to see through the window. Shirou assumes with the bathroom light off that nobody is inside and steps in, embarrassing them both.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Winry walks into her bedroom and starts undressing, without realizing Ed is in the room with her. He gets to see some underboob. Interestingly, while her reaction is explosive, it is more targeted towards the people who enters the room after her screaming. Ed can be seen still in her room after she has changed, while everyone else has been driven out.
- Also in Brotherhood, Envy walks in on Edward after Edward just left the shower, and he has no pants or towel on. Screaming ensues.
- In the 2003 anime version, Ed accidentally grabs Psyren's breast while fighting her, and blushes awkwardly. Psyren lampshades this and asks him if it's the first time he's fought a woman.
- Full Metal Panic!. Sousuke falls afoul of this trope a few times, at one point causing Kaname to come at him with a baseball bat. In one episode he pulls a Diving Save to get Kaname out of the path of a truck, and ends up with a hand on her breasts. Unusually, she actually seems to enjoy it for a few seconds before returning to normal and smacking him. However by Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu she's become smart enough to know that when Sousuke says it's Not What It Looks Like, it really isn't.
- Seo Kouji's Fuuka is based on this trope. The protagonist Yuu is a twitteroholic whose smartphone gets trashed when he accidentally almost snaps a panty shot of a girl on the street. The next time he meets Fuuka, she ends up in another photo, but Yuu manages to explain that he's just taking snapshots of the city. In the end it turns out he did take a pantyshot, since the wind lifted Fuuka's skirt.
- Genshiken Nidaime's Yajima bravely protects cross-dresser Hato's honour by tackling Yoshitake to stop her from going through his things while he showers. Unfortunately, her flailing hand pulls the bathroom door open to reveal a bollock-naked Hato; Yajima sees everything. Cue girly shriek from Hato and refusing to come out.
- Girls Bravo: Yukinari. He has the misfortune of being the protagonist of a harem series, so the laws of plot ensure that it happens and that he suffers for it.
- In Gundam SEED, when Kira is trying to get Lacus off the Archangel, he attempts to give a space suit to put on, but they both quickly notice that it won't fit over the very long dress she is wearing. Lacus responds by, to Kira's chagrin, taking it off right in front of him, giving the audience and poor Kira a very good shot of her pink panties.
- Gunsmith Cats: Poor, poor, poor Rally Vincent. Tropers Note: Page may be a little too zoomed-in.
- In the OVA of Guyver: out of control; after his first battle, Sho carries and unconscious Mizuki to her house. She then wakes up to see him carry her, more specifically notices his hand under her rear. She then jumps off him and says "Sho, you're a pervert!!" before running off. Leaving him confused.
- Hanaukyō Maid Tai. Taro does it five times.
- First season episode 3: After Taro gets off a couch he accidentally falls into Mariel and gets a face full of Funbag Airbag.
- La Verite episode 2: He accidentally looks up Ryuuka's skirt while she has her foot on his face.
- Two Suggestive Collisions in 'La Verite'' episode 7.
- He's thrown onto Mariel during an earthquake and accidentally gropes her breasts.
- The puppy Fenrir jumps on him and knocks him and Mariel down. He ends up lying face down on top of her.
- La Verite episode 12: He inadvertently gropes one of his personal maid's breasts while sleepily trying to turn off an alarm clock.
- Haruhi Suzumiya:
- Kyon is constantly walking in on Mikuru changing in the clubroom. Though Mikuru does not think he is a pervert because of it. Fascinatingly, she's not even embarrassed after the incident, happily pouring tea into his cup afterwards.
Kyon: That sweet, innocent girl... can't seem to figure out how to lock a door.
- At the end of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya, when Kyon is bouncing around in time, he ends up in Haruhi's room. At night. In her bed. On top of her. Oh, and Haruhi is the one who unconsciously sent him there in the first place. She's actually surprisingly relaxed about the situation, only insisting he cover his face with the blankets while she changes into normal clothes.
- Kyon is constantly walking in on Mikuru changing in the clubroom. Though Mikuru does not think he is a pervert because of it. Fascinatingly, she's not even embarrassed after the incident, happily pouring tea into his cup afterwards.
- In Hayate the Combat Butler just about every named female has this happen at some point.
- Early on in the series Hayate encountered Nagi naked a few times, since his reactions are quite un-perverted they trigger some insecurities in Nagi regarding their 'relationship'. Nishizawa also had a similar moment in Greece. Even Aika, a minor character from the Student Council, got her clothes soaked while visiting and used it to manipulate Hayate into doing some embarrassing errands for her. Maria had about one moment when Hayate tripped on the carpet and landed face-first in her chest while attempting a joke for Sakuya (the actual "punchline" was Nagi beating the tar out of him since Maria didn't seem to react much).
- Hinagiku is an odd case where her sister was the one causing these; for a while there was a joke on the forums that Hayate never got to see any Hinagiku-fanservice. This has changed some in later chapters; here Hayate opens a door without knocking while ''actually saying'' that there is an extremely high probability of Hinagiku changing on the other side (in fact, that is the reason why the door is special...). Given that both of their reactions seem to imply that this has happened many times before, fans have started wondering if Hayate does it on purpose sometimes...
- Athena seems to have escaped this, likely due more to a lack of screen time or the fact that the story tends to be more serious when she pops up.
- Ruka tops most of the others when she changed in front of him and even got into a bath that Hayate was in, when she thought Hayate was a girl. This caused her a lot of embarrassment when she finds out the truth.
- Despite being about zombies, Highschool of the Dead manages to get this into its series. One moment especially stands out where one of the girls gets splashed by water coming up from the sides of a hovercraft, the protagonist turns around and she shouts "I'M A LADY" seeing as her Japanese School Uniform is drenched.
- If Her Flag Breaks:
- In chapter 5, Souta accidentally walks in on Akane in the bathroom.
- In episode 2, he gets pushed into the girl's bathroom by Megumu who chickens out at the last minute.
- In Inubaka: Crazy for Dogs, Teppei has to go into the storage room to get something. Yeah, too bad the new recruit is in there changing... and then, later on, when he has to get something else, he finds Suguri with no pants. He then wonders if building a girls' dorm was wasted.
- Whenever Kagome is bathing and isn't in her own time, InuYasha will see her naked.
- Happens to Bell in Episode 11 of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? since he's unable to keep himself balanced from his injuries, immediately plunging himself into Aiz's Marshmallow Hell. And in episode 12, Hermes purposely lures him to a spot where they could view the women bathing, then knocks him into said bath. Surprisingly, they're all OK with this and only blame Hermes.
- Tomoe gets into a few moments of this with Nanami in Kamisama Kiss. Part of the reason why is that Nanami is an Ordinary High-School Student while Tomoe is a Kitsune who really doesn't understand teenage girls. The other reason is simply that Tomoe has No Sense of Personal Space.
- Jin from Kannagi; our hero always seems to find himself in strange situations when his childhood friend comes in.
- Kouta Oyamuda from Kanokon is frequently falling into this position in front of the girls at his school, such as that they call him the "Great Ero-King". Actually, it's quite the opposite: Chizuru (his girlfriend) is the one who's always making a move for him and getting the both of them into... questionable positions.
- Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
- Kenichi accidentally groping Miu on a few occasions, usually when one of his master scares him. His first reaction is usually to run right to Miu and grab her from behind, leading to the inevitable...
- Shigure accidentally crushes down the screen between Kenichi and Miu in the dressing room (when stopping Ma Kensei from taking pictures of Miu). This results in Kenichi suddenly seeing Miu (almost completely) naked. Next panel? Kenichi all beaten up and Ma Kensei observing that Kenichi actually shows no regrets about it.
- Kenichi has been shown to do this semi-intentionally, though, such as when he hides behind Miu to get away from Appachai.
Miu: Kenichi, I don't care how scared you are, that's no excuse to cop a feel!
- The Kindaichi Case Files: Kindaichi is a genuine pervert who tries to pretend that he got into these kinds of situations by accident, but he has had his share of unintentional walk-ins, including one time he accidentally barged into a bathroom while it was occupied. He'd then realize later that the character claiming to be female had been peeing with the toilet seat up, and this lead to the solution to the mystery.
- Kingdom Hearts II: Sora unknowingly walks in on Mulan bathing in a pound and sees her breasts, revealing her to be a woman.
- Kyou no Go no Ni:
- Ryota always finds himself in some perverted situation. Such as: falling sick and heading to the nurse's office, only to find that Chika has had her clothing stolen by her friends. Or when Chika is being forcibly stripped by her friends to measure her size — that girl needs some new friends.
- One especially bad situation happens in the first episode. After Ryota and Natsumi are accidentally looked in the athletic equipment shed by a coach, it turns out that she is afraid of the dark and grasp at him for comfort while sobbing... inadvertently pulling his pants down while he tries to get her head away from his crotch. When the coach opens the door, it appears that Ryota is trying to force her to perform fellatio on him. The fact she thanked the coach for saving her did not help his case. This kind of sets the tone for the series, really.
- Once per Episode for Akiharu in Ladies Versus Butlers!. On his first day he made memorable first impressions by accidentally molesting the entire female population of his new school.
- Keitaro in Love Hina is by far the most insane example; it even happens at his wedding!.
- The manga even has a filler chapter where Keitaro is so engrossed in studying he winds up doing several 'cool' things in front of the girls while studying (dodging attacks, defending them from turtles, and of course not 'peeping'). This spurs the girls into actually wanting to impress him to gain his affection, something which wouldn't be repeated until many, many chapters later. He studies so hard though, that he doesn't seem to notice and by the end of that chapter, pretty much everyone in Hinata Sou (yes, even Naru) is all like We Want Our Accidental Pervert Back.
- In an episode of the anime, the girls actually spot an impostor Keitaro when he catches a falling Shinobu without "tripping and falling and landing with his head up her skirt."
- In Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Light Novels, Yuuta gets a good look at Rikka's panties after he crashes into her after getting his math test back. She takes it surprisingly well, which is lampshaded by Yuuta.
- Lyrical Nanoha:
- Subverted in the first season with Yuuno. HE knows that he's actually a human male, as opposed to the sentient ferret he appears to be, and that Nanoha should probably not be doing things like undressing in front of him and dragging him into the girl's bath at the local hot springs. She, however, is ignorant of this fact, and proceeds to do both of the above. To his credit, he thought she was aware of his true form, and presumably he simply believed she just wasn't a very modest person. And in both of the above situations, he has the good grace to freakin' panic. Of course, Yuuno might actually have had the right idea about her! Years later, in the pre-StrikerS manga, Nanoha still wants to take Yuuno with her on a girls-only trip to a hot springs resort. Yuuno is understandably still nonplussed. What this says about Nanoha's thoughts toward him is a matter of interpretation. Unfortunately, we never hear what the other girls who went on the trip (and who also knew about Yuuno) thought about Nanoha's idea.
- Subverted in the third season; Erio catches a falling Caro as a way of introduction and ends up with a handful of petite bosom. The subversion is how Caro doesn't get angry, and they quickly and efficiently disengage. This combined with Caro later counting this as a "beloved memory" has lead fans to joke that in Caro's mind, they are now married.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!:
- Negi occasionally falls into these situations. But because of his age, the girls are usually far more likely to blow it off or tease him about it than they are to get mad. Hell, they probably put him in the situation in the first place just to tease him! Okay, except for the billion or so times he sneezes and magically blows all their clothes off.
- Negi falling over Asuna in a giant bathroom... while both are nekkid. Then there's the scene in Chapter 1 when he tries to erase Asuna's memories and ends up shredding almost all of her clothing except for her jacket.
- It also happens almost as frequently to the female characters, due to Negi's age absolving him of blame. For example, in one of the many "Asuna and Negi fall on top of each other while naked" scenes, a bunch of the other girls walk in on them and accuse Asuna of having her way with their innocent young teacher. Or the time when Ayaka walked in on Makie peeking under Negi's towel. Or when Setsuna grabbed Negi's crotch during a fight because she didn't realize it was him.
- Inverted in Mahoujin Guru Guru when Kukuri and Miruka walk in on Nike and two guys in the middle of changing clothes. The girls quickly run away from the sight while Kukuri remarks that the situation is backwards and wonders "what is it about this anime?"
- Yuuichi Tate and Masashi Takeda in the first few episodes of Mai-HiME, before the series takes a darker turn. I.e., when Natsuki was Going Commando thanks to a Panty Thief, she was talking to Takeda at one moment, and then a Dramatic Wind flew... eeeeep.
- Maken-ki! plays it straight and subverts it at the same time. Takeru and Usui spend most of their time trying to see the girls naked, and Haruko and Himegami know it. Which makes the few times when they're actually innocent hard for the girls to believe.
- Mazinger Z:
- It happened several times, not only to Kouji (which is not surprising) but also to Sayaka. One example of it was original manga's episode 8 when they saw each other naked in the hot springs. Curiously there was not slapping or reproaching. After the initials screams they calmed down and apologized at each other. It was even cute.
- And in the Mazinger vs Great General of Darkness movie, Kouji accidentally walked in Sayaka when she was having a shower in one of the first scenes. This time he was slapped.
- In Mazinkaiser's Beach Episode, Kouji accidentally undoes Sayaka's topnote ; she's actually more upset by Boss getting a look at her breasts than she is by Kouji, even though he weaponizes her boobs in order to escape the enemy fortress.
- Occasionally in Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Lucia will happen to walk in on Kaito in the shower, although he doesn't get mad about it. There's also the time when he breaks her fall and just happens to end up with his face in her chest... Then again, Kaito is an out-and-out pervert most of the time, explaining his easygoing attitude even when it's his mistake.
- My Bride Is a Mermaid: Nagasumi is better about this than most Unwanted Harem protagonists, but there was at least one occasion where he walked in on Sun in the bath, which resulted in much pain and property damage.
- Invoked in one chapter My Monster Secret. The Gods of Fortune wanted to help Mikan achieves happiness, by causing her a Suggestive Collision and making her face land on Shiho's crotch. After noting their mistake, they did the same thing, but with the main character Asahi instead. Except Asahi is on the receiving end of the Suggestive Collision, as in, Mikan's face is on his crotch. Understandably, she is completely pissed off.
- In the Zabuza arc of Naruto Sakura is traveling with the bridge builder and a thief is nearby picking people's pockets, he tries to snatch Sakura's bag but ends up grabbing her butt by mistake, she then proceeds to kick his ass.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Played for Drama in Episode 5. Shinji visits Rei's apartment to give her new ID card, but when he finds the apartment seemingly empty, he has a look around and becomes intrigued by a pair of broken glasses lying on her dresser (unbeknownst to him it is Gendo's old glasses, which has great sentimental value to Rei) and picks them up. Rei then emerges from the bathroom, having showered and is still naked. Rei notices Shinji holding the glasses, and due to having No Social Skills, she beelines straight for him to get the glasses back, careless of her nakedness. Shinji panics and gets the strap of his backpack caught on the dresser as struggles with her, causing him to lose balance and fall over while pushing Rei to the floor along with him, landing square on top of her. Shinji freezes completely up for a really uncomfortable long time, until Rei coldly asks him to move away, and he notices he accidentally is groping her and he quickly jumps back on his feet. The moment is not played for comedy at all, instead opting to be as painstakingly awkward and unsettling as possible. Even more notable, Rei, again due to having absolutely No Social Skills, never goes into any kind of Pervert Revenge Mode and doesn't even understand what Shinji is trying to profusely apologize for afterwards.
- Episode 8 has Shinji waiting as Asuka is changing clothes downstairs. Impatiently he peeks at her to see if she is done and he sees her partially naked. Cue Asuka donning a Luminescent Blush as she grumbles about pervert boys.
- Earlier in the episode, he shared this with Touji and Kensuke. Touji's cap was blown in the wind and landed next to Asuka, who stepped on it. The three went to retrieve it, a dramatic wind flew, and since Asuka was wearing a sundress they caught a view of her panties. The next moment (and one cut to the episode's title later), Asuka has bitchslapped the three of them.
- The same episode also has the whole group trying to fit in a cramped elevator, with hilarious consequences such as Shinji's face being pressed into Misato's bossom.
- In episode 10 Asuka leans over Shinji as she is helping him with his homework. She is wearing a swimsuit and Shinji accidentally gets a very good glace at her cleavage. Subverted since she was hitting on him (given her next words) in a very clumsy way.
- In the infamous hospital scene in End of Evangelion, Shinji finally snaps out of this unfortunate role, by becoming an actual pervert. He shook Asuka, pleading her waking up, and then he accidentally unbuttoned her gown, baring her breasts. That was unintentional, unfortunately his next action was not.
- Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 ups the ante several degrees. Remember the toothpick scene from 1.0 and the TV series? This time Asuka is on the receiving end (with Scenery Censor assistance) and Shinji happens to turn around. It takes her a few seconds to realize why he is blushing.
- In the Girlfriend of Steel videogame -several years older than Rebuild- there was a very similar scene. During an enemy attack that took place when Asuka was taking a shower, she ran towards the balcony without bothering with a towel, and also not realizing that Shinji was home. When she does notice Shinji staring at her, she hastily covers her breasts, but Shinji decides to snark that she's leaving her bottom exposed, leading her to kick him in the face.
- Nonomiya Nono from Nononono seizes on the assumption that she's a pervert/transvestite rather than be found out as a girl when the local tsundere finds her changing and sees her panties.
- Several instances in Ouran High School Host Club, one being when Haruhi walks in on Tamaki in his underwear. Awkward.
- Penguin Revolution
- Ryo keeps accidentally catching Yukari bathing or changing clothes, and usually gets things thrown at his head when he does.
- Ayaori also tends to wander into the bathroom while Yukari is bathing, but since he's Blind Without 'Em, it takes him six manga volumes to even notice that she's not a boy. By the time he does, Yukari is so used to having him wander blindly in and out that she doesn't really react, not realizing that this time he has his contacts in.
- Popcorn Avatar: Kurando. The other guys in his class all think that he's in a master-slave relationship with Lisa (which is sorta true, but not the way they think) and the girls were all traumatized by his antics when he mentally regressed.
- Pumpkin Scissors: "Lieutenant, I need your breasts immediately!" Alice slapped his face and then noticed the crying baby he was holding.
- Ranma ½
- Ranma falls victim to this many times, especially when Happōsai is nearby. It appears that people often suspect further lecherous acts from him based on previous non-existent lechery. Akane is near-always the misinterpreter, which shouldn't be surprising given her character. He gets ratted on when Shampoo is near (does the girl exhale stupidity gas? Whenever she's around, everyone else cannot think of the obvious and jumps to dumb conclusion), and when he barges in on Akane's room, as well as the Happy scenes.
- Seems more prevalent for only Akane to misunderstand or for her to instigate the misunderstanding in the anime. In the manga, it's other people just as often, especially in the Hinako introduction arc.
Girl #1: Don't just stand there, Akane.
Akane: What do you mean?
Girl #2: Ranma is making the moves on another woman again.
- In Rave Master, Haru first meets Elie when he accidentally looks up her skirt while he's crawling under a table. Later, he tries to tell Elie about how he saw a mermaid and realizes too late that she was bathing. Later, he visits her room when she was bedridden with a fever and finds her changing.
- Louie in Rune Soldier Louie suffers from this a lot. There are at least three examples in the first episode alone.
- Masataka of Sakura Gari meets Katsuragi... when he walks in on him giving Souma head.
- Happens during the Hot Springs Episode of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, when Maria climbs on top of the divider between Nozomu and his female students and accidentally knocks it down. Said female students are surprisingly nonchalant about it, albeit mildly annoyed, while Nozomu is mortified enough to cover himself and let out a girlish shriek.
- Ah-Xuan, Liu Li and Wang He from School Shock had a situation where in the former to were lying on top of each other (with her knee in his crotch and her gun on his chest while the other was lying naked on the floor tied to the chair in a school's storage room. Then a large group of people walks in. With photographic cellphones. It becomes a scandal. And it really wasn't what it looked like.
- Sgt. Frog: Giroro sometimes takes Keroro's role of Chew Toy due to this.
- In Shakugan no Shana the protagonist Sakai Yuji invoked this trope in the beginning when he fell out of the closet when Shana was changing. And again in the next morning when he almost grabbed Shana who was sleeping with only her underwear beside him.. However, the other times he received the end of Shana's beating is when he pointed her Clothing Damage out or just being there in that unfortunate moment, in which Shana realized her exposed body and proceeds to beat him up for looking at the wrong direction. Rather than accidental, they just realize it after the battle is over.
- In SHUFFLE!, Rin ends up this way with just about every girl he can court, and inevitably with one he normally cannot (the last leads to a heated argument about who is more perverted).
- Chigusa, from Silver Diamond, is a frequent example of this trope. So much so that he gets labelled as a pervert by almost every single character that meets him. Pretty much the only one who doesn't is his most frequent victim, Rakan.
- Strangely enough, Tails becomes one of these in the Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie OVA. At one point he, Knuckles and Princess Sarah get enveloped by an out-of-control snowball. When they crash and the snow settles, Tails winds up plastered to the chest of the Princess, only to be quickly admonished by an outraged Knuckles. Somewhat ironically, Sarah, who spends most of the movie savagely attacking people she believes are trying to see her naked, does not react to Tails' accidental groping. Considering the fact that Tails is a lot more innocent than Dr. Robotnik or Metal Sonic, his case was probably more believable to Sarah.
- Soul Eater
- Death the Kid. He will never live down his introduction episode. First, he goes off on a symmetry rant and without thinking about it, grabs both partner's breasts, to get an Armor-Piercing Slap from Liz... who was not complaining about being groped. Then later the same episode, Kid is going to go save them, but they had been all tied up at the moment...and Kid was really not much help.
- Not to mention Soul. Blair really isn't helping his relationship with Maka.
- Averted with Tenchi Masaki in Tenchi Muyo! - for some inexplicable reason, the girls rarely freak out when Tenchi accidentally drops in on them in a state of undress. Of course, it's probably because he's such a Nice Guy that they give him a pass. That, and most of the time, it's usually Ryoko's fault. The worst he's gotten was being called a "naughty boy" by Sasami and even that was in jest.
- In Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Simon ends up with his face in Yoko's breasts after they and Kamina bust through to the surface world in the Lagann, following a messy landing. Yoko curiously doesn't seem to mind; in fact, she pulls Simon's face back into her breasts in a gesture of fright when she then sees two Gunmen approaching. This actually foreshadows the conflict between them as it becomes clear that Yoko sees him as a child despite his obvious romantic feelings toward her. Used to a greater extent in the high-school alternate-universe manga version of the series.
- Sorata from The Pet Girl of Sakurasou has a few moments of this towards Mashiro, who doesn't mind. He also walks in on a naked Nanami, who does mind.
- To Love-Ru has Rito as the ultimate embodiment of this trope. He is often a victim to streams of otherworldly mischief and chaos around him, such as Lala's inventions, Oshizu's psychic powers, or Celine's pollens. But even without such interferences throwing him around, Rito is already often clumsy enough around women to trip over minor obstacles or absolutely nothing, and when he does, he rarely fails to accidentally reach his hands or face into the breasts or other private parts of any girl in close proximity to him. In "Darkness", his clumsiness becomes even more frequent and violating as well as strangely inventive and surreal. He has shown to be able to accomplish difficult feats, such as reaching his hands or various objects into the clothing and undergarments of girls or partially strip off their clothing, and grab several private parts of several girls all at once, all of which purely by accident. And trying to prevent a perverted accident, will just make the accident worse.
- Several characters such as Nana even lampshade his piss poor luck when it comes to over the top ecchi scenarios. Momo calls Rito's ability a god-like skill. Even Nemesis is impressed by this (for the wrong reasons)!. Later, Doctor Mikado outright says it's his natural talent manifested because of the way Rito extremely restrained himself with the girls, causing his "libido" to accumulate and release in form of accidentally groping girls' bodies and all other perverted stuffs happened so far. She called his act a disease, namely Cataplectic Indecency Syndrome. The more he supressed, the more extreme and unbelievable his next "accidents" would be.
- During his "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight with Darkness Yami, he must literally do that on his own free will, when any other time would be the end of him.
- Currently the Pantheon God of Accidental Perverts
- Subverted in the case of Tona-Gura! male lead Yuuji Kagura. He doesn't mean to walk in on female lead Kazuki in awkward situations, but he also doesn't hesitate to exploit them.
- Kyōsuke in Ultimate!! Hentai Kamen. A few other characters, but mostly him.
- A rare example of the accidental pervert getting away with it: In Ultimate Girls Kaiju obsessed high school reporter Makoto hears someone in a room yell "monster", bursts in, takes several photos, reloads his camera, takes more photos, realizes his mistake, and politely leaves. The room was filled with girls who were changing their clothes. Several seconds go by before the first of them reacts.
- Episode 167 or Urusei Yatsura deals with a centaur like alien trying to take over the world by hypnotizing people to do his bidding the way to do it is by kissing them, after he knocks out Ataru he takes his form and infiltrates the school, everything he does makes Ataru look like he's even more of a pervert than he actually is, he sneaks up on girls in dark rooms, jumps out of their lockers, and bathroom stalls all of which results in him getting beaten up, and at one point while planning his next move he raises his arm triumphantly only to accidentally grab a girl's skirt who then accuses him of trying to peep.
- Subverted. The females in the crew, being unused to sexual interactions with men, rarely seem to mind the protagonist walking straight into their jiggling bosoms, often letting him loiter for a bit.
- The trope also played to an extreme in the episode where Hibiki's Accidental Perversion gets Bart thrown into quarantine, and leads to a strange campaign to get rid of the men — involving spacesuits worn as quarantine outfits. The girl he ended up in a compromising situation with is extremely reclusive and actually wears a full-size bear costume as her "uniform".
- Spoofed in Wedding Peach Abridged. In the original series, this trope is played straight and Yosuke is sometimes inadvertently put into compromising positions. In The Abridged Series, these scenes are edited so that he is portrayed as a Lovable Sex Maniac.
- In Your Lie in April, the wind made Kousei's innocent picture of Kaori with a group of children to turn into a peek of her panties.
- Advice and Trust: In chapter 6 Rei tells Asuka how Shinji accidentally saw her when she was walking out of the shower naked, fell on top of her and touched her breast... Asuka was NOT happy about it, but since it was an accident, she let it go.
- In Co Op Mode, in the middle of massaging Taylor, James accidentally touches Taylor's bottom, but surprisingly, Pervert Revenge Mode is averted - and without needing even explanation on James' part, as Taylor correctly concludes that it was all just an accident. Whether this is out of the fact that Taylor has low self-esteem or that she just trusts James, or even both, is not totally clear.
- Evangelion 303: In chapter 4 Shinji goes in the bathroom and walks on Asuka right when she is leaving the shower. Much screaming, shouting and yelling followed.
- HERZ: In chapter 4 Shinji enters the men’s locker room, hears someone showering in one of the stalls. He thinks it must be Asuka so that he strips his outfit and walks in the shower stall… and on Kurumi. Subverted because it was a trap.
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton: Asuka saw Shinji half-naked when her X-ray vision activated accidentally while he was changing clothes. Cue she blushing brightly and looking away.
- Tale of Solaron : The titular Snake Person Solaron is this all the time. He continuously spouts innuendo and seductive subtext whenever he tries to come across as charming. And he has no idea he's doing it.
- Tamers Forever Series
- There's Running Gag of Takato accidentally groping Rika on multiple occasions.
- This is later mirrored by D.C and Eclipse.
- Ami from Dungeon Keeper Ami terrifies everyone, partially because of her fearsome reputation (up to this point, she's beaten a Horned Reaper, what is possibly the oldest dragon in the world and the Avatar, all in single combat). But the only thing that everyone seems to recall is her reputation for being the biggest, most depraved rapist ever.
- In the Yaoi Fangirl's corner of the Tsubasa -RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- fandom, it's become something of a running gag to have Syaoran walk in on Kurogane and Fai while they're in the midst of sex. Most of this is pure Rule of Funny, since Syaoran is so straight-laced and noble (at least when it comes to sex and Sakura) most of the time. Another twist the fandom uses sometimes is to have Sakura catch them and either not know what's going on or like it.
- Ben has one instance where he accidentally grabs Ren's breast after crashing into her in the Ben 10 Fan Fic Hero High, however due to her not being familiar with earthling sexuality, she doesn't even notice.
- In A Pony Out of Place, Twilight gives Flare Blitz a massage, taking instruction from a book that she doesn't realize is intended for couples. Hilarity Ensues.
- An incident along these lines is detailed in Love Hina: Like It Could Have Been: An elderly gentleman was jostled on the bus. Unfortunately for everyone involved, as he tried to regain his balance, he grasped Naru's shoulder. She nearly broke his jaw.
- A very, ah, steamy incident in "the Black Latios." Pikachu gives Ash "The Talk", who, the innocent boy he is, runs out of his room screaming. Unluckily for him and his good friend Latias, she is just got out of the shower, is in her human form, and is only is in a towel. One thing after another, and both their faces are as red a Latias's feathers and a cherry.
- The Stalking Zuko Series, Suki accidentally walks into the bathroom while Zuko is bathing. Katara wishes she was one but it is either obviously deliberate or fail to materialize
- Hyrule Warriors Heroes Through Time: At the end of chapter 3, Wizzro, while going to give Cia his mission report, ends up walking in on her taking a bath. While Wizzro initially flips out and apologizes, Cia calmly brushes it off, deadpanning, "I highly doubt seeing me in a bathtub will scar you for life."
- Thousand Shinji: When Shinji and Asuka set to fighting Gaghiel, Asuka unthinkingly sat in Shinji's lap, and Shinji's body reacted accordingly.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genocide: When Asuka shoves Shinji playfully -wearing nothing but a towel-, he stumbles, accidentally grabs part of her towel, and rips it off, exposing her body and getting her a bit angry.
- Once More with Feeling: In episode 9, Misato, Kaji, Shinji, Asuka, Touji and Kensuke were all cramped together in an narrow elevator. This led to Kaji and Touji's accidentally putting their hands where they didn't belong.
"I should have anticipated this" Misato growled, closing her eyes for a second, then snapping them wide open again.
"HEY! DON'T TOUCH ME!" Misato shouted as Asuka also let loose a shout of protest and horror.
"I CAN'T HELP IT!" Kaji and Toji protested right back.
- When Paul, the main character of the Self-Insert Fic With This Ring and possessor of the Orange Lantern Ring was possessed and looking for the League of Shadows, his eyes being everywhere accidentally caught Beatriz da Costa in the shower. He didn't originally remember, but Ophidian did and "helpfully" reminded him.
- Hinata gets this in Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox during her second meeting with Yugito; she shows up at the government agent's hotel suite, goes outside to the terrace in searching for Yugito, and then sees the older woman bathing in an artificial waterfall...and aside from the initial surprise of such a sight, Hinata then spends the next minute or two checking out Yugito's assets and comparing them to her own. Much later, though, it's revealed that Yugito, being a Shameless Fanservice Girl, deliberately set this up to try and shock Hinata's sense of genteelness (helped by the fact that, prior to Hinata coming up to the suite, the front desk had called Yugito to let her know she'd be having a visitor).
- Shattered Reflection: This ends up happening to Chrom, much like in the original game. Unlike the original game, Rose takes full advantage of it to get some petty revenge.
Films — Live-Action
- Mallrats has Silent Bob turning into one of these: each time a Zany Scheme backfires, he ends up in a women's dressing room, where he sees a girl in the process of trying on clothes. And it's always the same girl. The girl in question, Gwen, is later seen changing in semi-public while talking to Brodie and TS, claiming that it saves him the effort.
- In How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, the title character at one point winds up flying face-first into the bosom of his childhood crush. Without removing his head from her chest, he quickly greets her with the words, "Hello, Martha."
- Danny Noonan ends up as this in Caddyshack after walking in on his younger sister getting out of the shower.
- Does Jackie Chan do the famed: "Double Hand Accidental Breast Grab" maneuver once per movie, or does it just seem like it?
- The Naked Gun
- Drebin escapes a burning room through the window, climbing along a row of anatomically-correct male and female statues. Between two statues is an open window, and a woman in her underwear just happens to be standing there. Drebin accidentally... well, guess. He then falls off the building, just saving himself by grabbing a statue's stone Gag Penis. In trying to save himself he manages to break the penis off the statue and fall into the woman's room through the window, brandishing it at her.
- In the sequel, Naked Gun 33 & 1/3, Drebin is at the store squeezing grapefruits to test for ripeness while looking the other way. A woman in a low cut dress walks by, and Drebin mistakes her breast for a grapefruit and squeezes it. He gets slapped. In a clever Call Back, it's actually the same woman.
- Columbia is supposed to come across this way in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Variation occurs in The Proposal. Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock accidentally wind up naked and on top of each other. She was making a nude run for the wardrobe and he was... good at timing (who takes off their clothes, while listening to music, while standing up OUTSIDE?). They're both not looking and walk into each other at a fast pace with the response "Oh my god, why are you naked?" "Why are you wet?!"
- In Billy Madison, Billy purposefully initiates such an experience with his teacher Veronica, blaming the accident on a bumpy bus ride. Of course, he's just being a regular pervert.
- "Now I know why they call you Dirty Harry."
- In the 2009 Star Trek movie, Kirk gets knocked onto Uhura during a fight, and accidentally puts his hands on her breasts to steady himself. He smirks; she pushes him off.
- The Korean romantic comedy, Too Beautiful To Life, had a memorable scene that also served to move the entire plot into motion. Yeong-ju, a deceptive fraud who managed to get parole, is sleeping on her train trip back to her sister's wedding. Across from her is Hui-cheol, an innocent village pharmacist preparing to propose to his girlfriend with his deceased mother's ring. A bout of turbulence releases the ring he was holding from his grasp and lands underneath Yeong-ju's feet. Trying to unsuccessfully get the ring under her seat, more turbulence wakes up Yeong-ju in time to notice Hui-cheol rummaging under her skirt. Cue the screaming and angry hitting.
- In Run Fat Boy Run, when he first starts working out, Dennis gets a nasty, itchy rash on his crotch that he absolutely has to scratch... as he is at work as a security guard in a lingerie shop. One can guess what this looks like.
- In Fierce Creatures Rollo Lee is constantly being caught by Willa in embarrassing and seemingly lurid situations (such as being caught in a shower with half-dressed and nubile young lady zookeepers, a sheep wandering out of his bedroom, etc). They all have perfectly innocent but very convoluted and unlikely explanations.
Zoo Patron: I can see why they keep him in a cage.
- There's Something About Mary: While Ted is in the bathroom waiting for Mary to finish dressing up, he stares at a bird through a window. The bird then flies away, which reveals the half naked Mary through a window on the other side...
- The Parole Officer has socially-inept Simon Garden accidentally seeing his proto-girlfriend naked after her pet cat shoves the bedroom mirror to the correct position.
- In Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Elizabeth Swann's corset is laced so tightly that she cannot breathe. As a result, she passes out and falls into the sea. Jack dives in to rescue her, and slices the corset open so she can breathe — an action which is misinterpreted by those around him as Jack having perverse intentions toward the unconscious Elizabeth.
- Andrew in The Gods Must Be Crazy repeatedly tries to save Kate from animals that attack her, but the animals run off before she notices them and all she sees is Andrew grabbing her while she's undressing.
- In Superbad, Evan accidentally punches his crush's breast when someone in the hall bumps into his arm.
- Happens too many times to count in Carry On series of movies, often occurring multiple times in a single film. A particular elaborate example happens to Dr Kilmore (Jim Dale) in Carry On Doctor, leading to his dismissal from the hospital.
- In Horrible Bosses, Dale is labeled a sex offender because, late one night, drunk, he unwisely chose a playground close to a bar in which to stop and urinate.
- The Pink Panther Strikes Again opens with Dreyfuss on the grounds of a mental hospital, cured and anticipating his release - then he's clocked in the head with a croquet ball and propelled into a lake - he staggers out and passes out on the grass. Clouseau (who of course launched the ball) rushes to administer resuscitation. He straddles Dreyfuss and thrusts repeatedly with his hands as he cries "OUT with the bad air, IN with the good! OUT...IN..." A passing patient witnessing this looking thrilled; her appalled guardian swats Clouseau crying "Pervert!"
- In The Amazing Spider-Man, Peter accidentally rips off a woman's blouse with his newly acquired and not yet understood clinging and superstrength.
- In Lockout, Snow and Emilie fall out of an air vent onto the floor below, her landing on top of him with her head about even with his crotch. She looks up, he looks over at her, and says, "Oh, that isn't necessary, a simple thank you will do."
- Not really accidental, but in The Cannonball Run, J.J. takes revenge on Blake and Fenderbaum by telling a cop that they are a pair of flashers dressed as priest, because they think it's kinkier dressed as priests. This leads to Blake and Fenderbaum getting arrested.
- Dr. Strangelove - Col. "Bat" Guano, heading an Army division that fought its way into an Air Force base, takes British military attaché Captain Mandrake to be "some kind of deviated pervert" who killed the commanding general for "finding out about his perversion and organizing a mutiny of perverts" - most likely on the evidence of his odd accent and uniform.
- Pretty Cool Too: Walter didn't mean to take a photo of Brittany's cleavage. Honest.
- In the film version of Get Smart, Max is thrown across a roof during a fight, landing on top of Agent 99 with his hands on her chest.
Agent 99: Max...
Max: [rolling off of her] Yep, still fighting!
- A Lullaby Sinister has Yunosuke Kawabata. Subverted sometimes but more often than not, Yunosuke gets into more trouble when he's actually not trying to be perverted and frequently involves Sadako Kojima. One instance takes place at the beach where Kaito Inoue declares a contest to see who could find the coolest object from the ocean floor. Upon surfacing and declaring that his sea cucumber was definitely the winner, Sadako knocks Yunosuke unconscious with a conch shell fearing he was about to flash himself.
- In the The Outlaw Chronicles, this happens in King's Man to the narrator and his principal love interest. Cue Armor-Piercing Slap. This is just the beginning of the Trauma Conga Line that he goes through during the book.
- This has happened to Harry Dresden of The Dresden Files more than once, e.g. Death Masks. However, the girl used this to pickpocket him.
- In Nerve by Dick Francis, the jockey protagonist is tied and hung up by the wrists in a barn and left there on a cold night. Later, a doctor tending to his injuries is short tempered with him, thinking he'd been in 'some sort of disgusting orgy'.
- Pan Tadeusz has the title character return home after years of absence, walk straight into his old room, and Meet Cute its current inhabitant, Zosia. In her nightie. To his credit, it's early morning and she's literally the first person he sees. And they do hook up afterwards.
- It happens to the main protagonist of Zero Sight a few times, thanks to a love interest who is a Shameless Fanservice Girl. On one occasion he wakes up naked in a warehouse bathroom and looks around to find the girl showering next to him, after having giving him a bath while he was fainted.
- In the first book of the literature/Xanth series, Bink is riding on a buxom female centaur's back. When she jumps over a crevasse he nearly falls off and accidentally grabs her breasts trying not to. Fortunately for him, she felt him slipping, and knew it was just an accident. She makes it clear that if he had done it on purpose, she would've dropped him in.
- In the Smallville episode "Escape", Clark ended up with Chloe in his arms and both of them are covered with nothing but a towel. Silver Banshee possessed her and she tried to seduce Clark, only to be transferred away to Lois, resulting in Chloe having no memory of how she got there.
- Father Ted: The Trauma Conga Line experienced by Ted and Dougal while on holiday in Hell features a series of run-ins with a couple staying at the same camping site, when the couple are in a state of undress or similarly compromising situation. It happens so frequently that the husband eventually loses it with hilarious results.
- Fawlty Towers:
- Basil Fawlty became this in one episode, "The Psychiatrist", in which his efforts to prove that one of his guests broke the rules by sneaking his girlfriend into a room lead him into one Not What It Looks Like after another.
- Then there's "The Wedding Party", in which Basil is caught once with a female guest and twice with Manuel; Manuel was drunk the first time and had accidentally knocked him over, and Basil mistakes him for a burglar the second time. Meanwhile, Basil accidentally walks in on two of the wedding guests embracing (they're related), and discovers Polly hurrying out of the lovers' room after hearing some weird noises (Polly was trying on one of the girl's dresses; the girl was giving her boyfriend a massage).
- In one episode of Las Vegas, Delinda offers to allow a blind man to feel her face so he'll know what she looks like. The blind man in question reaches out at eye level and takes hold of her breast. The man comments "Apparently you're very tall" but makes no effort to remove his hand.
- In Degrassi: The Next Generation, JT is caught by surprise by the size of Craig's penis, and is caught staring at it like it's some sort of monster. It doesn't go unnoticed by Craig.
- There's an episode of Stargate Universe where Chloe is using the Ancient equivalent of a shower when the power goes out. She calls out for Eli, he comes running... and just happens to shine his flashlight on her, getting a full frontal before realization hits and he stutters an apology while looking away. Too bad the camera's positioned behind her.
- In Mahou Sentai Magiranger, Kai is helping a Yuka Yamazaki, the girl he has a crush on, carry groceries home. Houka, his meddling big sister, turns into a table fan and blows cold wind at them so Kai can offer his coat to her. Unfortunately, she instead causess him to fall down, and her skirt to billow upwards.
Girl: Did you see?
Kai: (dreamy look on face) Yes! (beat, look of horrified realization) I... I mean no!
- Doctor Who:
- In the episode "The Beast Below" the Doctor is holding Amy out of the TARDIS by her ankle, looks up her nightdress and laughs. Cue Amy giving him a look.
- Also in "A Chistmas Carol" the Doctor acts a bit like a pedo with Kid Kazran. Old Kazran is believed to be this by Rory.
- In "Closing Time", the Doctor and Craig are checking fitting rooms for anything to do with Cybermen. One of the rooms the Doctor checks has someone changing. Both are rightfully embarrassed... Then the Doctor tells the woman she should try her dress in red.
- The Big Bang Theory:
- In one episode, Penny slips in the shower, dislocating her shoulder, and Sheldon has to help her put some clothes on. She insists he do it without looking, which leads to:
Penny: You gotta help me get my arm into the sleeve.
(He feels along her body with his hand, eyes closed, looking for her arm, and suddenly her eyebrows fly upward.)
Penny: Is that my arm?
Sheldon: It doesn't feel like an arm....
Penny: Then maybe you should let it go.
- In another, Leonard attempts to pin a corsage on Amy, despite that he has no idea where to put it.
Amy: When you're done copping a feel, the corsage goes on my wrist.
- In one episode, Penny slips in the shower, dislocating her shoulder, and Sheldon has to help her put some clothes on. She insists he do it without looking, which leads to:
- In EastEnders Billy Mitchell was hazed on the day before his wedding and found himself wearing nothing but his boxers. He tries to ask a woman for some spare clothes, but then her dog tears off his boxers and she calls the police (even though she could clearly see the dog did it).
- In the How I Met Your Mother episode "Say Cheese", a flashback involving a picture with Slash reveals that Marshall had been grabbing Barney's ass instead of Lily's all along.
- Man Stroke Woman: A man is talking to a woman at a bar and it is going very well. He asks if she would like to go to a party at his house and she says yes. He draws her directions to his home. When he lifts it up it is a picture of a penis, and she leaves disgusted. He looks extremely confused as his friend tells him that he needs to find a better way to his house.
- Red Dwarf: "Polymorph". When you're writhing on the floor, begging an android with a large tube attached to its crotch to pull off your underwear, it's kind of easy for people to get the wrong idea.
- In a silent spot on The Red Skelton Show, Red is wooing a tall woman with a large, and pushed up, bust. Her father, a short, bald man objects. At one point her father arrives and the young woman runs away. Red does not see this because he is bashfully looking the other way. He reaches over and his hand comes to rest on the guy's bald head. Red panics and pulls his hand away.
- In Supernatural, Sam's surveillance of Meg causes him to appear like a Peeping Tom when she changes in front of the window in "Shadow", which is lampshaded by Dean and a woman passing by on the street.
- In an episode of Naturally Sadie, Rain has dental work that turns his speech into an unintelligible mumble. Every time he tries to talk to a girl, his mumbling gets interpreted as something filthy. He ends up getting sent to the principal's office, where he runs into exactly the same problem.
- This trope is used to setup one of The Benny Hill Show's signature closing chase scenes. Hill's character, in a daze, comes upon the door to the Ladies' room and, his vision crossed, misreads the sign as Laddies. He thinks it's the Lads' room, goes in, and Hilarity Ensues.
- Person of Interest:
- In "Blunt", John Reese is tailing this weeks' Number to a college dormitory when two college girls returning from the showers pointedly eyeball him. The subsequent camera angle hilariously shows how creepy this middle-aged man with a trenchcoat and a camera phone looks slinking around the dorm rooms, voyeuristically peeking around corners.
- In the pilot episode when Harold Finch first tries to recruit Reese to protect the Victim of the Week, an attractive female attorney, Reese states flatly that either she's Finch's ex-wife or he's a Stalker with a Crush.
- Columbo has to collect a porn tape for evidence, and sure enough is mistaken for a fellow customer by another middle-aged man in a shabby raincoat.
- Inversion in Brusier, in a recurring series of sketches Martin Freeman plays a character terrified of appearing to be a pervert/pedophile/stalker, he always ends up in situations that are slightly suspect and after trying and failing to work out how to look innocent he throws his arms into the air and shouts "I am not a pervert!", usually to the terror of those around him.
- Star Trek: Voyager. The Emergency Medical Hologram has established comm links with various parts of Voyager in order to get information that he should (as senior medical officer) be routinely be informed of. Janeway raises a Fascinating Eyebrow and demands to know just how many conversations the Doctor has been listening in on. The Doctor indignantly replies that he's a doctor, not a voyeur.
- While Law & Order: SVU has its share of intentional perverts, every so often a suspect turns out to be one of these instead. In one episode, they show a Peeping Tom picture of a woman undressing taken by the suspect, which he "claims" was for the architecture. Once he's basically exonerated anyway, they show the whole picture. It's a panoramic shot of a bridge the woman's apartment was next to, and he has dozens more pictures of bridges and no more women. Casey declares "It looks like she just happened to be there." This got him registered as a sex offender.
- The Equalizer. Thanks to his vaguely worded We Help the Helpless add, Robert McCall is shown erasing a series of crank calls on his answering machine, including one woman who seems to be under the impression he'd like to partake in BDSM.
McCall: No thanks, I've been equalized enough already.
- In the penultimate episode of How I Met Your Mother, Robin meets Tracy, the Mother, when they accidentally crash into each other and fall onto each other. Tracy remarks, "Well, we did just kind of get to second base with each other there—and we'll always have that—but I don't know you..."
Myths & Religion
- According to one version of the story, the Blind Seer Tiresias received his powers this way. While out for a walk one day he saw Athena bathing in a lake, and she reacted by blinding him. When she realized that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and not trying to peep after all, she gave him the power of foresight as an apology.
- Surprisingly, a form of this happens in the the biblical Book of Esther. When queen Esther informs the king that Haman is plotting to kill all the Jews in the land (which includes her), the king is so enraged that he steps out into the garden to cool his head. Haman, realizing that he's utterly boned now that the King Xerxes I, ruler of the Persian Empire is angry at him, he stays behind to beg the queen to get the king to spare his life. The king returns just in time to find him falling onto the couch that the queen is reclining on and mistakenly thinks that he's trying to molest the queen while the king is still in the same house. He is...less than pleased with this and has Haman hanged on the gallows that Haman had built to kill his most hated enemy, Esther's uncle, Mordecai. As experts place the authorship of the Book of Esther somewhere in the third or fourth century BCE, it makes this, of all tropes, older than Feudalism.
- In Leifang's Dead or Alive 4 ending, she is on a train, which suddenly screeches to a halt because a deer ran onto the tracks. An elderly man is sent flying into her and accidentally grabs her boobs to keep balance. Thus, she kicks him off the train and into a river below, and is given a standing ovation by the rest of the passengers. The scene is redone in the next game, only this time Jann Lee is able to stop the man right before he can "get lucky".
- A female example from Devil Survivor 2, in which Makoto repeatedly finds herself walking in on the protagonist while he's supposedly naked, or at least mostly undressed, in the morning. You can call her a pervert for that, even when she finally knocks before entering his room. In an inversion, she's the one who gets flustered by it, while he seems to find it rather funny.
- Fire Emblem Awakening has Chrom walking in on a female Avatar naked during their B support, with predictable yet hilarious reactions. This is later gender-inverted when she does the same to him during their A support... and beats *him* up for it. The Avatar find themself as this in their C support with Gaius, as they walk into him when he's bathing. (They're more interested in Gaius's prison brand , however.) Similarly, a Female Avatar's C support with Say'ri will have her stepping in her tent when she's getting dressed and catching view of her chest binding.
- One of the early rooms in Ib has a painting covered by a curtain. Sure enough, if you remove the curtain, the painting is a nude lady, who slaps you. If Garry's in the party, she slaps him instead (Ib's only nine, after all).
- Hiro of Lunar: Eternal Blue ends up as this a lot throughout the game... and it's almost always bathing scenes.
- Mega Man Legends, where Mega Man walks in on Roll getting dressed; although Roll doesn't have a different outfit as such. You need to do this at least once, since you have to get something from Roll at that point in the plot. This is also repeated in the sequel, once you get the bathtub.
- Happened twice in Persona 3:
- During the Full Moon Operation in July, the Protagonist and Yukari are caught in a Shadow's spell and Yukari is forced to take a shower. When she snaps out of it, she is only wearing a towel and slaps the Protagonist before returning to the bathroom to change her clothes.
- During the school trip to Kyoto, the boys are still in the hot spring after it changes over from men-only to women-only. If they are caught, Mitsuru will not take any excuses and had them executed.
- The boys in Persona 4 too suffer the same situation during their own trip to the hot spring. This time however, its the girls who forgot to leave and Yukiko only remembers after they kicked the boys out.
- Puyo Puyo, Schezo has just about the worst case of poor word choice ever. His utterances more than likely comes off as sexual, making him come off as a pervert. Naturally, Schezo is dismayed by this.
Schezo: I want you to give me all of you!
Arle: You know, it makes you sound like a pervert when you put it that way.
- At one point in Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc, Rayman's transport fails on him, causing him to fall into a swamp witch's outhouse... while she's using it. She runs out screaming about perverts while Rayman desperately tries to defend himself. When you see her later she tries to kill you, leading to a mini-boss.
- Resident Evil:
- In Resident Evil 4, if you're in any position to see up Ashley's skirt, accidental or not, she calls you a pervert. Numerous times Leon has been knocked flat on his back by an enemy, his head under her skirt, and she feels it's more important that he saw her underwear rather than the fact that something is trying to kill them at that instant.
- The remake of Resident Evil has several shots where, if Jill is equipped with her civilian outfit from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, the camera points upskirt. Especially the "Jill Sandwich" cutscene.
- In Resonance of Fate, Leanne is taking a bath while Zephyr and Vashyron kick back and watch a little TV. When the power goes out unexpectedly, she screams, and Zephyr bursts in thinking she's been attacked. She slaps him, of course (though she apologizes for it afterwords; it was probably a knee-jerk reaction). He swears he didn't see anything, but he later claims to be "good in the dark."
- In Skies of Arcadia, Vyse falls victim to this. Really, Aika, while we get you would want to cover up a hole in the wall of your house, what can you expect when you hang a brightly coloured hankerchief on the outside?
- A Running Gag in Star Ocean: The Last Hope has Edge accidentally walking in on Reimi when she's in the shower or otherwise "Less then presentable". She, of course, never takes it well, leading to much hilarity. Edge eventually gets tired of this and calls her out it though.
- In Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2, the protagonist accidentally stumbles upon the ninja siblings, Kuuya and Kohina, taking a bath at the Oni Hot Springs:
Aera: I'm not a voyeur! You're exhibitionists!
Kuuya: You idiot! Who bathes in a hot spring with his clothes on!?
Kohina: If you're a Peeping Tom, you should admit it. Be proud of who you are!
- Tales of Symphonia
- During a hot spring cutscene, Zelos attempts to take a peek at the females in the party while they are bathing. Lloyd, being far less of a pervert than Zelos, catches him in the act and loudly tells him to stop. This, of course, causes the girls to march out and "catch" Lloyd in the act, while Zelos escapes.
- Subverted in the OAV when Lloyd trips and falls on top of Collete. Both of them are too innocent to see it as anything other than funny.
- Played straight in an optional scene in the sequel, where Lloyd becomes the accidental pervert again, in an almost identical situation to the first game. It's inverted in a different version of that scene, where Emil decides to go into the hot springs alone, and it's Marta, his main love interest, who peeps in on him and then joins him. He chivalrously tries to resist her advances, but ends up catching the attention of the rest of the party, who naturally dub him a pervert. Both Emil and Marta try to explain, but everyone thinks Marta is just trying to cover for Emil. Of course, only Lloyd truly believes him.
- Carried over to Tales of the World, where the girls overhear Chester telling Lloyd about his secret spot with "the best view." Though Lloyd was never given the chance to show if he had any interest in it, he is automatically labeled as a pervert by the girls. The skit ends with him shouting "I was framed!"
- Jin Kazama of Tekken fame became an accidental pervert in one of Tekken 5's many endings. After being rescued by Asuka Kazama from his monstrous great grandfather Jinpachi Mishima and regaining his humanity through some kind of healing touch unintentionally administered by Asuka, he awakens suddenly and thrusts himself forward to get to his feet, but accidentally bumps into Asuka while she was trying to wake him. Naturally she falls on her back and he lands facefirst between her (somewhat ample for a 17 year old...) bosom with an obligatory "boing" sound effect. Much time passes before he stands up, at which point the hot-headed Asuka becomes outraged and punches him into a rock before storming off. Depending on the viewer, this exchange can be made disturbing when you consider the two are actually cousins, though Asuka doesn't learn about it until Tekken 6.
- For completely legitimate and case-related reasons Apollo Justice winds up in possession of two sets of panties, one belonging to a fifteen-year-old girl and the other to a mob boss' wife. The judge is rather disturbed by this.
- In Ace Attorney Investigations, case 5, poor Edgeworth ends up with Wendy Oldbag's undershirt as evidence. Franziska takes this the wrong way and promptly whips him.
- Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! has Yamato seeing Chris naked enough times for them to reconsider if there's even a point to make peace, as it would just happen again and ruin said peace.
- As a minor plot point for Kanna's route in Yu No Takuya walks in on her just as she finishes showering. While he's embarrassed, the point of the scene is her complete indifference. She simply doesn't care about being seen naked.
- In Tick Tack, Rin manages to walk in on Sage changing once and Ai in the bath not once, not twice, but three times. The first time is laughed off. The second time is narrowly forgiven. The third time is only if you've pursued Ai, at which point fun times pursue for Rin.
- In Grisaia no Rakuen during the epilogue Yuuji walks in on Yumiko during the bath. While initially irritated, she has to bundle him away before someone else walks in on the two of them naked. A much different type of scene soon unfolds, which sets the general tone for the rest of the afterstory.
- Dr. Minivan from Unwinder's Tall Comics comes off as one after he picks a body wash product with a really embarrassing caption.
- El Goonish Shive: Newspaper arc Non-Gratuitous Nudity began with Sarah "caught" by her friend.
- In the Sci-fi arc of Dubious Company, Sal becomes an accidental voyeur after she becomes the crew's spaceship which gives her a direct feed of EVERYTHING that happens on the ship. It doesn't stop her from teasing Leeroy though.
- In Girls Next Door, Sarah faces Male Frontal Nudity not once, not twice, but three times.
- Coupled with Values Dissonance in this strip of Scandinavia and the World.
- In unTouchable, Sia runs after her new neighbor Jiho, trips, and ends up with her hand on his crotch.
- Inverted in Tales of MU: when Mackenzie walks in on Amaranth the nymph trying on a bathrobe in the privacy of her own room, it's treated like walking in on someone naked.
- Michael Garcia in The Impossible Man can never get a break with his female employees... except for one subversion in the entire story.
- This poor guy from Not Always Right, who just keeps digging himself deeper...
- In My Jungle Book Your Year Furi knocks into Demonica and accidentally grabs her breasts in episode 2.
- Adventure Time:
- An extreme example from the episode "Blood Under the Skin": In a trial for a quest to gain armor, Finn goes through a swamp with curtains that are all full of people taking showers. Finn was mentally scarred by the sight of old people private parts, and a mother bathing her child called Finn a pervert.
- Finn falls victim to this once more in "Marceline's Closet" when he enters Marceline's bathroom just after she removed her clothes to take a bath.
- He also has one at the start of "Incendium".
- In The Cleveland Show, a major running gag is Cleveland being Mistaken for Gay or Mistaken for Pedophile. Usually it's his lack of social skills or just plain stupidity that causes these unfortunate situations to occur.
- In the Courage the Cowardly Dog episode "Remembrance of Courage Past", baby Courage accidentally opens the door to a woman showering. When he closes it and gets ready to keep moving, he stops for a moment and looks inside again.
- In the Garfield and Friends episode "Much Ado About Lanolin", when Lanolin falls down the stairs and shows her underwear, Orson smiles.
- Mickey Mouse, of all people, falls into this trope in the MouseWorks short "Future Mania", which originally aired as part of the House of Mouse episode "House of Genius". When Ludwig Von Drake uses Mickey to test his future viewer, Mickey attempts to call Minnie on a viewing monitor, but ends up seeing her in a towel. When he tries to get Minnie to settle down, he only ends up digging himself deeper. Not helped at all when Ludwig apparently thought that now was a good time to show Mickey the existence of mousedroids.
- In Justice League, The Flash once accidentally ended up with his hands on Hawkgirl's chest.
- King of the Hill
- The episode "Naked Ambition" centers around this. Bobby accidentally sees his cousin Luanne naked during a camping trip (Luanne was in the shower and Bobby walked in on her, thinking the shower was vacant), and when he tells his friend Joseph, Joseph becomes obsessed with getting a look. His attempt to peep causes Bobby's girlfriend Connie to accidentally think they're peeping on her. At the end of the episode, Connie's father also accidentally sees Luanne and when she screams about it, Joseph (who's passing by on his bike) says "Aw man!"
- Also happens on the episode "Hank's Dirty Laundry." Hank (who has been accused of renting a porno movie at a video store and not returning it) is given a collection of porno movies by an anonymous source and watches them so he can find clues that will clear his name by proving that the porno he allegedly rented doesn't exist. With the way Hank is hunched over as he watches the film makes Peggy think he's masturbating to it, causing her to freak out and tell Bobby to get out of the house (the original scene was supposed to have the masturbation illusion more explicit by having Hank's pen dry up and Hank shaking the pen, but FOX censors wouldn't allow it. It does appear as an alternate scene on the second season DVD set).
- In the Popeye short "A Dream Walking" a sleepwalking Olive walks into a construction site, prompting Popeye and Bluto to keep her safe until she gets home. Eventually Olive makes her way back to her room, but when she sees Popeye looking at her in the window she thinks he's being a Peeping Tom and starts throwing stuff at him.
- Western Animation can do this Fanservice-free: Rocko's Modern Life has a Running Gag of Rocko or another character accidentally violating the gigantic Hippo Lady's personal space. "How DARRRE YOOOU."
- It was the plot impetus for The Simpsons episode, "Homer Badman." As Homer is driving a babysitter home (who immediately wanted to be dropped off after Homer asked the babysitter to take the wheel so he can scratch himself in two places at once), Homer finds a rare gummi candy (which he stole earlier in the episode during the candy convention) stuck to the seat of the babysitter's pants and peels it off her. What the babysitter sees is Homer drooling as his hand reaches out and grabs her ass. She freaks out and runs...and the next day, rallies a protest group against him, which leads to a media circus over Homer being a pervert who likes to molest college coeds. And then, the tabloid TV show who interviewed Homer blatantly edited his interview to support these claims.
- In the Steven Universe episode "So Many Birthdays", a magically aged-up Steven asks Sadie and Lars to help him into his birthday suit, unaware of the implications and intending to refer to a cape and crown his dad got for him to wear on his birthday. Cut to the next scene, Sadie chasing Steven out of the doughnut shop with a chair.
- In the Stickin' Around episode "Hit the Showers", the boys and girls run out of the showers and freak out when they see each other.
- The paparazzi pictures of Hilary Duff accepting her marriage proposal from boyfriend/hockey player Mike Comrie were taken from an odd angle, as they were at an open window several floors above ground level. Hilarity Ensued. See for yourself.
- This happens often enough in stores that companies have studied how to prevent it from happening. Customers who do this tend to leave the store quickly without buying anything. relevant quote
- Jeremy Paxman of all people became this in an interview while explaining how hard it can be to interview Boris Johnson. Explaining how Johnson tended to pat him on the arm repeatedly in interviews, he proceeded to miss the hostess' upper arm and immediately apologize.
- If you've ever played a game of "Marco Polo" with a group of friends, odds are this will happen at some point. Ditto Twister, hence its popularity for Ship Tease in various media.
- Truth in Television if this thread is anything to go by.
- Surprisingly happened to a pair of Danish handball-players when one of them fell down in the middle of a game. Unlike most examples in fiction, the two got up, laughed it off, and kept playing.