Series / Bruiser
A short-lived British sketch comedy starring David Mitchell
, Robert Webb
, Martin Freeman
and Charlotte Hudson.
Bruiser contains examples of the following:
- British Brevity
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences - Two main examples:
- The cops portrayed by Mitchell and Webb - Webb often blanks and relies on Mitchell to finish his sentences, whether they be common sayings or descriptions of what is happening onscreen.
- The two women talking in a pub played by Colman and Hudson. Discussing their sex lives, the two frequently finish each others' sentences...until Colman inevitably goes just a bit too far.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop - Attempted by two cops played by David Mitchell (the bad cop, whose act consists mostly of randomly shouting profanities) and Robert Webb (the good cop) in interrogating a subject as part of a documentary series.
- I Resemble That Remark! - The "victim" in the touchy sketches.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist - Parodied in a sketch in Episode 6. The band members of "Pussy on a Stick" all get applause, except for Holness (the bassist). After the performance, they all get women's underwear thrown at them...Holness gets an egg.
- Police Brutality - David Mitchell's cop character is prone to this.