I can't keep burdening Lisa forever, but I do have a Happy Box and nice-bodied girls like Nan and Linda to keep me company, so I'm pretty happy in my own way. Nyahahahaha! Linda:
I'm sorry, Mike, but that's called sexual harassment these days. Mike:
This is a hard world we live in now. How disappointing.
Just what he sounds like - an older male character, usually unattractive in some way, who takes more than a passive delight in young women. Sometimes he limits himself to just talking dirty and propositioning cute girls, but sometimes he takes matters into his own hands, literally. He's not The Casanova
, nor is he necessarily trying to be — but he certainly won't complain if things work out that way for him.
The "old" part of his description is mostly relative to the girls he accosts — a creepy thirty-something teacher eying his junior high school students is no less a Dirty Old Man than a geezer in his sixties pinching the bottoms of housewives in the supermarket (indeed, it's much worse to drool over underage girls you have power over), though it's worth bearing out that a younger Dirty Old Man's behavior is going to be seen as a good deal less
harmless than that of his hoary-headed counterparts. Probably because a Dirty Old
Man is supposedly less likely to chase his victims, or force worse things upon them.
When played for comedy he is either a disgusting pervert who gets beaten up by the girls he assaults, or a delightful rogue
whom the girls tolerate. When played seriously, he's usually some variety of sexual predator.
In Britain, these characters are typically seen wearing brown mackintosh coats, which allow concealment of a certain activity, leading to them being referred to as "the dirty mac brigade." In the U.S., it has long been popular to depict this fellow traipsing around in a Conspicuous Trenchcoat
(often with the innuendo that he's wearing nothing but the coat
For an anime
variant which is somewhat less repulsive, see Lovable Sex Maniac
. Played sympathetically, this character is likely to fall under Chivalrous Pervert
Dirty Old Women
are not usually so frowned upon
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Go Nagai. Not just the characters he created, but the man himself.
- A good bunch of their characters also fit into the category: Count Brocken (If you attack him with a woman in Super Robot Wars Z2: Saisei-Hen, he'll make a comment about opening their (the mecha's) cockpits to see the beauties inside, and suddenly, a lot of ZEXIS girls will start calling him names), Dr. Kabuto (his Shin Mazinger Zero incarnation) and Professors Morimori, Sewashi and Nossori (in Mazinkaiser) from Mazinger Z, Danbei from Cutey Honey...
- Rei's grandfather in the original uncensored Sailor Moon anime. (In the manga, he wasn't.)
- Happousai in Ranma ½, Panty Thief and groping, voyeuristic, sexual harasser, is the paradigm of dirty old men in anime. His perversion also gives him his power. He was so perverted that he actually chased away a ghost because he wouldn't stop harassing her.
- Kimura-sensei in Azumanga Daioh, who freely admits that the main reason he became a teacher is "Because I like high school girls, that's why!"
- Master Roshi/Kamesennin in Dragon Ball. Dr. Briefs is hinted to be one as his daughter comes across his hidden Porn Stash. Old Kaioshin is another, to the extent that Goku ropes him in by promising to let him fondle Bulma.
- Jiraiya in Naruto.
- What, and the Third Hokage isn't? Even Jiraiya is peeved when he finds out.
" Sarutobi-sensei, you're a perv!"
- Orochimaru also counts, seeing of how he seems to like to stroke children's faces, his obsession with Uchiha's Sharingon like Itachi or Sasuke, or even calling the latter 'beautiful' who is 16 years old for Pete's sake!
- Shunsui in Bleach. He is a decent sort, but to add to squick there is a massive age difference between him and Nanao, for whom he is frequently this trope. It would arguably be squicky even if they were the ages they appear.
- Tenchi's father Noboyuki is a walking example of this trope, even hitting on Ryoko while under the impression that she's Tenchi's fiancée. In the OVAs, Tenchi's grandfather Katshuhito has elements of this as well. Although the two are distantly related, one can't exactly say it runs in the family (Tenchi missed out on it altogether).
- Headmaster Osmond from Zero no Tsukaima, who enjoys using his mouse Familiar to look up his secretary's skirt...and then commenting on her choice of panties...On the pain of getting his ass kicked by her.
- He also uses a flying, magic-controlled hand to grope her...and get's this hand back in the face by her.
- Goei Harukawa is creepy enough in Moonlight Lady. The fact that he gratuitously spanks Suzuna after finding her in bed with a maid, scouts the villages for women for Kouichi, watches Kouichi enjoy those women, or even watch his own niece get gangbanged makes him a dirty old man if there ever was one.
- Soujirou Izumi from Lucky Star. When asked if he was a Lolicon, he protests the label, saying, "I like normal girls as well, so I am also a Lolicon".
- Albert Chamomile of Mahou Sensei Negima!, who, being a short-lived ermine, is an old man despite being younger than the ten-year-old main character, let alone the 14-year-old girls who make up most of the rest of the cast. Also, is a dirty old man despite being an ermine. Both he and author's notes refer to him as a dirty old man several times.
- Chamo is an "ermine spirit," whatever that means, so its quite possible that he's going to live much longer than normally expected.
- Jack Rakan also seems to fall into this on occasion. He greeted Asuna by poking her chest, and a manga chapter has him literally stealing the panties off one of his opponents.
- Another manga chapter takes this to new heights, with Chamo and Rakan actually defeating their hidden opponents by following the scent the above-mentioned pair of panties, and then defeating said opponents by repeatedly flipping up their skirts up until they conceded defeat. It later turns out that Jack actually has specific techniques for stealing panties and then blowing the skirts up, which he does to four enemies at once. These are the only techniques that he doesn't just make up on the spot. There's a good reason that he's in picture at Panty Thief.
- Professor Cat in Princess Tutu is a more chaste version of this trope. He doesn't appear to have any intentions of doing anything sexual to his students...but he threatens to force them to marry him if they slack off in their practice. He seems particularly intent on the main heroine, who is somewhere in the 12-14 range.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has two: Lord Genome who "created little dolls" to "play with" as a hobby, including his, ahem, daughter Nia. then seals them up in coffins and leaves them to die in a landfill when he gets bored. And then there is his armadillo sidekick Guane who quite literally goes Pedobear on Nia (poor girl!) at one point, feeling her up and basically propositioning her for sex in exchange for her life. Three if you count the Anti-Spiral King who tried to rape Nia at one point. It sucks to be a cute prepubescent girl in a world where apparently everyone got really skeevy because of the apocalypse...
- Generally averted in One Piece, in that most of the old men the crew meets are not dirty at all and generally deserving of respect. Later subverted in the form of Brook, a post-mortem dirty old man at (technically) age 88.
- Daisensei (a.k.a. Guru Lou) in Kyatto Ninden Teyandee (AKA Samurai Pizza Cats). His lecherous attitude was toned down in the SPC version.
- Master of Chinese Kenpo, Ma Kensei from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, is a shameless pervert. Among other things, he was introduced trying to secretly take dirty pictures of Shigure and deftly dodging the shuriken she threw in response.
- The Elder from Chrono Crusade.
- Ninin Ga Shinobuden gives us Onsokumaru, a Dirty Old Floating Yellow Ball thing.
- Somewhat subverted, as while Onsokumaru is incredibly perverted, he's actually only three years old.
- Ol' Sugoroku Mutou in Yu-Gi-Oh! At least, in the original version, anyway.
- Two or three bits of his lechery managed to go past the dub radar, though. Particularly his fascination with Vivian Wong.
- It was edited out in the dub, but this was also the case with Shuzo Otaki, one of the Big 5 (named Crump in the dub) and with him, it was obvious. He was clearly a pervert, so much that his intended target of Grand Theft Me was Anzu for this very demented reason. (He made some rather sexist comments towards Anzu and Dark Magician Girl too; DMG's reaction in the original version was very unsubtle.)
- Grandpa Rome of Axis Powers Hetalia talks a bit like this in this strip.
- Amesho in Free Collars Kingdom. But don't call him "old".
- This guy (he comes in about 4 minutes in) from the "Beauty and the Beach" episode of Pokémon. Look how he leers at Misty.
- Alder, Champion of the Unova League in Best Wishes, is currently looking like an older version of Brock, flirting with both Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. They all ignore that and focus on the fact that the Champion is right in front of them. Only Iris and Trip are disturbed by his behavior.
- Dr. McLaren from episode 7 of the Bubblegum Crisis OVA comes to Japan partly to work on a new Boomer design and partly to meet "geisha girls" and hookers. This became a big part of a plot to kidnap him.
- Olin from the Violinist of Hameln manga, to a truly incredible degree.
- Depraved Homosexual Earl Trancy from Black Butler II.
- In ...Virgin Love, Director Yonehara, a business partner, sexually harasses Kaoru at work.
- Makarov from Fairy Tail takes full advantage of the Power Perversion Potential that comes with having extendable arms. Also Wakaba.
- Claw from Kimba the White Lion. The first time he meet Kitty, a child, Claw asked her to be his "queen" when she becomes a little older.
- In Happy Yarou Wedding, Yuuhi suspects Todou is going to rape him when he first brings him to his house. His prediction turns out to be completely wrong but Yuuhi still considers him a Dirty Old Man anyways, if more affectionately.
- Touhou Fuhai from Rosario + Vampire, combined with being an otaku, and he is obsessed with 2D girls, because they last forever and would never betray him. That doesn't stop him from making Moka cosplay as Lum.
- A Certain Magical Index features Heaven Canceler, one of the most powerful men in Academy City, a doctor with surgical skills better than most supernatural equivalents. It seems like he originally became a doctor to pick up chicks.
Heaven Canceler: You've been hospitalized twice in the past ten days. Don't tell me you have a nurse fetish?
Touma: What are you talking about? Would I slice off my hand just for that?
Heaven Canceler: Oh. I thought I'd found a compatriot.
- In Kotoura-san, Haruka's grandfather seems to be much of a pervert as Manabe is, as evidenced by him making her sit on his lap, then bragging about it later to her friends.
- Iron Klaus's boss in From Eroica with Love is way too interested in Klaus's subordinate G
- Sensei Touga of 12 Beast. He gets very excited upon catching the "scent of a woman," has a ninja "dummy" that would not look out of place in an H-game, and uses his grandson's PSP to play a visual novel—in which he is trying to achieve the "Harem" ending.
- Subverted in Fullmetal Alchemist. Hohenheim is called this by the other characters after he says he'd rather group up with Lan Fan alone to monopolize her attention. In actuality, he intends to let her leave to go find her Love Interest while he fights the Big Bad alone.
- Belgian comic Violine, about a 10 year old girl who can read people's minds by staring into their eyes, has an encounter with one of these that appears to be played partially straight and partially for dark humor. Violine escapes from her school where she was accused of being a witch, and finds a random man driving by who offers her a ride. The man takes her away from the direction she told him she lived, however, and she gets suspicious. Staring into his eyes to read his mind, Violine sees an image of herself bound and gagged and looking up with pleading eyes while lying on a pillow. Angered and scared, she attempts to escape and crash his car.
- The Brazilian comic Holy Avenger has Talude, Maximum Master of magic. While demonstrating the art of (weak) enchantments, he makes a boy sit. When he goes to show the limitations he tries to makes a girl take her clothes.
- Ultimate Wolverine and Professor Xavier both fancy Jean, who in this universe is about eighteen or so. Urgh.
- It gets worse: in the main 616 continuity, it was revealed in about the 3rd or 4th issue (from the 60's) that Xavier was in love with Jean (it gets worse as a retcon revealed he had helped her with her powers since she was 12), although it was actually something of a throwaway joke about ALL the X-Men being in love with her. That particular plot point was dropped and forgotten about until the Onslaught saga when Jean was taken on a trip through Xavier's mind where she was exposed to that particular memory, freaking her out to no end.
- Wolverine also has a tendency to have semi-flirtatious relationships with girls a lot younger than even his apparent, never mind actual, age. Shadowcat, Jubilee, Rogue.
- Deathstroke the Terminator from Teen Titans. Especially during The Judas Contract arc.
- As many Batman fans could tell you, The Penguin can drift into this territory in his various incarnations.
- Burgess Meredith's depiction on the 1960s TV show was first out of the gate. In his 1994 autobiography, Adam West (who played Batman) noted that, even when the cameras weren't on, Meredith stayed in character and "cackled and muttered to himself... seemed to be searching for a behind to pinch." He also once told West: "What could be better than to have women smile at you and little kids shy away from you? It's the best of both worlds." (Yes, he really did say "both worlds.")
- Danny DeVito's portrayal of the Penguin in Batman Returns takes this Up to Eleven. He fondles a girl's breasts as he's pinning a button to her coat, rudely stares at a voluptuous woman's posterior for an excessive amount of time, sniffs Catwoman's spiked heel, and agrees to run for mayor only after learning that being mayor in Gotham City entitles one to "unlimited poontang."
- Even the original comic-book Penguin has gotten into the act a bit. In the 1990s, he stopped wearing his top hat (at least for a time) and made the transition to a Villain with Good Publicity, opening an Arctic-themed nightclub/casino called the Iceberg Lounge. Within this club he was regularly seen in the company of one young woman or another, each one just as dispensable as the next, who never did much of anything or even spoke, but were just there to make the Penguin look good. This carried over to the animated series, where the Penguin actually staffed his club exclusively with women and dressed them in a manner reminiscent of the Playboy Bunnies.
- Nagato from An Akatsukis Life. Well, he's not really an old man, but he sure looks like one.
- Gandalf has become one in Bag Enders.
- Phil, the Capricorn Pirates' gunner, in One Piece: Parallel Works.
- Professor Moriarty, of all people, in the twelfth episode of Children Of Time. He has shown a measure of respect for eighteen-year-old Beth Lestrade, but, in a disturbing bargain for the lives of the heroes, he allows her to become his Sex Slave in all but name. When said heroes arrive to rescue Beth, Moriarty is fondling and petting her, presumably to hurt Holmes, but still...
- In the next season, his clone turns out to be something of a Stalker with a Crush towards the now-mid-20s Beth.
Films — Animation
Films — Live Action
- Literally said about Mean Mr Mustard in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. As the Fembots sing his song Mustard first says accusingly "A DIRTY OLD MAN?" then proudly "Yesssss! A Dirrrty Old Mannnnnn!"
- While Michael Keaton while playing Beetlejuice certainly wasn't old, the character himself exhibits pretty much every other quality required, being a disgusting pervert of a dead guy, with truly appalling hygiene, who is several hundred years old.
- Patches O'Houlihan from Dodgeball
Patches: I got a couple'a hookers in my room, queerbag.
- A good movie example is Burgess Meredith's character from Grumpy Old Men.
- Kurt Russell's character "Stuntman Mike" in Grindhouse: Death Proof.
- Judge Turpin of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is an evil example of a Dirty Old Man played very seriously. Not only does he rape the title character's wife at a masked ball after having her husband "transported for life", but he also has a creepy Wife Husbandry plan for Sweeney's daughter Johanna, which doesn't work because Johanna hates him and has eyes for young sailor Anthony Hope.
- Uncle Willy in The Philadelphia Story, who pinches all the young ladies (including his niece).
- The Avengers (1998). Sir August's (Sean Connery) lascivious gloating over a captured Emma Peel (Uma Thurman). Dude, you're 40 years older than her.
- Connery seems to be quite good at playing this sort of character. In both Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Entrapment, he falls for a much younger woman. In Last Crusade, that woman is even younger than his son.
- Reverse Lampshaded in A Hard Days Night where the first comment about Paul's grandfather was "Very Clean Old Man". It was a Running Gag through the film that everyone kept commenting how Clean he was. This doubles as Actor Allusion as he was played by the same actor who portrayed Steptoe (see below).
- In The Spy Who Loved Me, Karl Stromberg (Curt Jurgens) takes mild advantage of a helpless Anya (Barbara Bach) while she's strapped to a couch. When the movie was released in 1977 Jurgens was 62 and Ms. Bach was 30.
- Grandpa Hoover in Little Miss Sunshine is the quintessential Dirty Old Man.
Grandpa: Are you gettin' any?
Grandpa: You can tell me, Dwayne. Are you gettin' any?
Richard: Come on, please.
Grandpa: (Dwayne shakes his head) No? Jesus. You're what? Fifteen? My God, man!
Grandpa: You should be gettin' that young stuff.
Grandpa: That young stuff is the best stuff in the whole world.
Richard: Hey! Hey! Dad! That's enough! Stop it!
Grandpa: Will you kindly not interrupt me, Richard! See, right now you're jailbait, they're jailbait. It's perfect. I mean, you hit 18, man! You're talkin' about three to five.
- In the Tyler Perry movie Madea Goes To Jail, Madea's brother Joe invites a whole crowd of people over, many of which are dirty old people that harass her daughter Cora.
- Jerry in Space Cowboys.
- Jason's former neighbor in Mystery Team.
- The creepy old guy in the car at the conclusion of Teeth.
- The Crank series has Doc Miles and Poon Dong (who is 100).
- Irving Zisman is a dirty old bastard. His first action after his wife dies is to head for the nearest Oriental Massage parlor.
- An elderly man in Florida had owned a large farm for years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some orange and peach trees. The pond was ideal for swimming , although he rarely did that anymore. One evening he decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket with which to bring back some fruit. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!" The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or to make you get out of the pond naked..." holding the bucket up he said, "...I'm here to feed the alligator."
Live Action TV
- Albert Steptoe is one of the Ur Examples, and probably a candidate for Trope Namer into the bargain.
- Benny Hill often played his characters in The Benny Hill Show this way, though reportedly he saw it more as childish playfulness than randy cheekery.
- Artie Johnson's "Tyrone F. Horneigh" (pronounced "horn-eye" just for Getting Crap Past the Radar) from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In! is probably the archetypal example of the comedy version.
- Somewhat averted by his target being no spring chicken herself (Ruth Buzzi's Gladys Ormphby).
- Young Mr. Grace from Are You Being Served?, despite being practically unable to move unassisted, was a Dirty Old Man to the core. He once fired a secretary because his heart rate alarm didn't go off when she bent over in front of him.
- Admiral Al Calavicci in Quantum Leap spends a good amount of time admiring any young woman who walks past — except since they can't see him as he's in an imaging chamber forty-odd years in the future he's probably doing what most men (and plenty of women too, probably) would be doing in the circumstances.
- Bob Kelso of Scrubs could also qualify for this trope.
- Though a little surprise comes in "My Tuscaloosa Heart," wherein viewers find out Kelso is actually a faithful husband who loves his wife very much.
- That was in the first season, though. Since then, it's been shown that he's been regularly cheating on his wife with younger women for years. I think it's safe to say that episode falls under "Characterization Marches On".
- Father Jack in Father Ted. Being a Catholic priest hasn't stopped him from maintaining a healthy love of the ladies. Although not as frequent as his shouting "Feck", "Drink" or "Arse", he quite often shouts "Girls", and he has been shown variously reading dirty magazines with such delight that he fails to notice his hair is on fire, judging a wet t-shirt contest (where his job seems to consist of staring and growling "more water") and, in a flashback, convincing a class of teenaged girls in a nunnery to take their tennis lessons topless...This is just the tip of the iceberg, too.
- How he doesn't end up being found out and thrown out of the Priesthood is beyond me!
- Because virtually every priest on Father Ted is a Dirty Old Man. Bishop Brennan, for instance, has at least one illegitimate child.
- He was found out. That's why he's on Craggy Island.
- Roger Sterling. Just...Roger Sterling. Possibly unusual in that he gets away with it to a certain degree (he's rich and not that hard on the eyes, and it's 1960).
- Bert Cooper gives every indication that he would have qualified (he keeps a print of The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife in his office, for crying out loud!) if it were not for the interference of a Dr. Lyle Evans, whom it appears gave Cooper an unnecessary orchiectomy back in the 1940s, and whom Sterling believes Cooper had killed for his trouble.
- Roman Emperor Tiberius (a.k.a. The Old He-Goat) is portrayed as a truly filthy old bastard in I, Claudius. It should be noted that this characterization was inherited from Tacitus and Suetonius, the two major Roman sources for the period.
- Tiberius also admits to being a dirty old man in the earlier series The Caesars, although this is greatly downplayed compared to I, Claudius.
- Vncent Margera a.k.a. Don Vito from Viva La Bam: Here are a couple things to describe Vito, He blabblers and freaks out uncontrollably, his favorite food is veal scallopini from Antonio's, he definitly loves the ladies to an extreme, He's Phil Margera's older brother, but sadly he hates Russia.
- For the dirty mac brigade version, we have a fair number of Monty Python's Flying Circus appearances by a man in...well...a dirty mac.
- Sanford and Son: Fred.
Lamont: You're a dirty old man!
Fred: That's right! And I'm gonna be one 'til I'm a dead old man!
- Stanley H. Tweedle, captain of the Lexx, constantly trying to get any, so much it became a plot device in the series.
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody has Leo, a rich, lecherous, certifiably-insane old-timer, played by Rip Taylor, who took lessons at Esteban's dance school, and was constantly hitting on Carey, and Shannon, his private nurse.
- Pop from The League of Gentlemen is not only perverted but also extremely violent when provoked which means he can force himself upon his son's girlfriend right in front of him and get away with it.
- The song "Little Girl" from A Bit of Fry and Laurie is sung by a Dirty Old Man character.
- Curzon Dax (predecessor of Jadzia Dax) from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was like this. Many stories involving him and his friend Captain Sisko tend to involve copious amounts of intoxicants and barely-dressed females of various intelligent species. He was also Trill Ambassador to the Federation.
- Grand Nagus Zek, ruler of the Ferengi. His first act upon arriving at DS9 is to sample five sexual holosuite programs in succession, despite Quark's concerns that the programs in question may be "a touch energetic for his advanced years".
- Fringe's William Bell turns out to be one. In the body of a thirty-year old woman, Olivia. He likes to hit on Astrid...
- Pierce from Community has no limits as far as this trope is concerned.
- Benjamin Franklin in John Adams, wherein the prudish Adams is horrified by Franklin's behavior (particularly in Paris) and gets the shock of his life when he sees Franklin in a bathtub playing chess with Madame Helvétius. On the other hand, we in the audience are laughing.
- George Bluth, Sr. from Arrested Development. He once asked a group of dolls which of them wanted to take their shirt off. Granted, he was a little stir crazy at the time...
- Statler and Waldorf drift into this territory at times.
- Agravaine from Merlin, who is fascinated with both Morgana and Guinevere in the creepiest way possible. He's already picked up a Fan Nickname: "Uncle Creeper."
- Also joked about in season 1 in reference to Gaius. When it appears that Merlin is dying, Gaius hugs a crying Gwen to comfort her. Merlin picks that moment to wake up and say "That's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're old enough to be her grandfather."
- Three's Company: Ralph Furley, the landlord, was portrayed as this.
- Jackson Gibbs, father of Leeroy Jethro Gibbs in NCIS hits on both Ziva and Abby in the first episode he's in, to their mild amusement and Gibbs's silent embarrassment.
- In Smallville, Lionel Luthor shows signs of this when he is not busy over some Evil Plan. He doesn't bother to hide it when he is in Clark's body.
- Max Weinberg (also the drummer of the E Street Band) is portrayed as this on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, as well as on the latter's run on The Tonight Show.
- Patrick Stewart is portrayed this way in Extras.
Patrick Stewart: So in my film, I play a man who controls the world with his mind.
Andy Millman: Right. Oh, that's interesting.
Patrick Stewart: Yeah. For instance, I'm walking along, and I see this beautiful girl, and I think I'd like to see her naked, and so all her clothes fall off.
Andy Millman: All her - clothes fall off?
Patrick Stewart: Yes, and she's scrabbling around to get them back on again, but even before she can get her knickers on, I've seen everything. Yeah. I've seen it all.
& King Henry II of France in ''Reign
who not only has a mistress but in the first episode hits on, successfully, one of his future daughter-in-laws handmaidens.
- The Beatles's Mean Mister Mustard, who yells obscene things at the Queen and is described in the lyrics as "a dirty old man".
- The Jethro Tull song Aqualung portrays two sides of one of these characters.
- And Pearl Jam's "tribute" to that song, Even Flow.
- KISS' Christine Sixteen.
- An even better (worse?) example is "Goin' Blind", where there's a 77-year age difference between an old man and his girlfriend.
- Serge Gainsbourg. See his song "Lemon Incest" or the album Histoire de Melody Nelson. Or his alter-ego, Gainsbarre.
- Queen: "Great King Rat was a dirty old man and a dirty old man was he."
- D.I.N.O.$.A.U.R. by Ke$ha. "You're just an old man, hittin' on me. What? You need a CAT scan!"
- Pussy Walk by Iggy Pop.
- This is one possible interpretation of The Stranglers' Peaches.
- The Veronicas have a song called Lolita about this power play.
- Seemingly, Mr Moore from Royal Republic's 'Underwear'. "I can see your underwear/from down here!"
- Oingo Boingo's "Nothing to Fear": "Won't you let me buy you candy? / Or perhaps a chocolate shake? / Or perhaps some nice cocaine?"
Mythology and Religion
- Merlin. Makes sense since his father was apparently an incubus. His lust for young maidens even leads to his downfall thanks to Nimue.
- Ric Flair has lived this trope at least since 2002, when he returned to WWE (and much later moved on to TNA) after having apparently lost his final match to Sting on the very last episode of WCW Monday Nitro in March 2001. (He was well over 50 years old by that point and quickly became Triple H's lackey in Evolution, and everyone believed that he was not only well past his prime but thoroughly washed up; how wrong we all were.) Out of countless instances of his being a Dirty Old Man during these years, a few stand out.
- At TNA's Bound For Glory event in 2010, Flair and the other members of his "Fortune" stable (playfully) threatened to gang-rape backstage interviewer Christy Hemme; oddly, Hemme herself seemed to find the joke funny.
- Then there was the night on Monday Night Raw in 2004 when Flair, Stacy Keibler, and several other Superstars were competing in a game of musical chairs for the prize of Number One Contendership to the World Heavyweight Championship. (Cloudcuckoolander Eugene was Guest General Manager for the night, and the game was completely his idea, although that in itself doesn't really explain anything.) Flair managed to survive halfway through, but then when Keibler beat him to the final chair in the next round, he grabbed her, lifted her bodily out of the chair, and sat down in the chair with Keibler in his lap, child-molester style, to make the referee think he'd gotten there first. Everybody just laughed and Flair was dismissed without incident; even Keibler herself seemed flattered by the attention she was getting. (In case you're wondering, by the way, the musical-chairs winner ended up being Chris Jericho.)
- Perhaps the most notorious example is when the heel tag team Deuce & Domino were looking for Domino's sister, Cherry. They finally saw her emerge from a closet in the hallway...and then, seconds later, Flair emerged from the closet as well! Yes: assuming Cherry really was as young as she looked (about 16 or 17, one would guess), Ric Flair committed offstage statutory rape just for the fun of it.
- Vince McMahon, who would often boast of his sexual prowess and had several on-screen affairs with girls a fraction of his age like Trish Stratus and Candice Michelle.
- When Ken Shamrock was 35, he was booked with 19-year old Alicia Webb who played his little sister, Ryan. They eventually became involved offscreen, and Ken's marriage broke up as a result.
- Amazingly, one Paranoia NPC manages it: Innocent-MAN's name saves him from being terminated as a traitor (due to a bug in the justice software), his mutant power of regeneration saves him from being killed accidentally, then the "dirty" part finally kicks in after The Computer crashes and lots of clones stop getting dosed with hormone suppressants.
- High Programmers have the clearance to learn about the significance of sex, the authority to go off hormones and build their own harems, and the power and security to age enough to count as "old." As such, you'll probably run into quite a few of these guys if you ever have to deal with anyone at Ultraviolet clearance.
- When Paizo Publishing ran a caption competition for this piece of artwork◊ for Pathfinder, a number of entries made Ezren (the old wizard reclining in the background) to be the real perv through the use of scrying spells, despite the more obvious target of Valeros (the fighter guy in the pool).
- Codifier Togan from Soda Pop Miniatures's Relic Knights series is their iconic dirty old man. He's banned from ships, stations, and several planets. His miniature depicts him reaching out to pinch his Doctrine scribe Cecillia's backside, and the concept art goes a step farther (he's actually pinching her there).
- Father Salade in La Pucelle Tactics. Shortly into the game, it's found out that he suggested the two female leads' costumes, including a "micro-mini under your robe" for Alouette. He's found out when the two girls compare notes.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations has Victor Kudo. He has a thing for maid outfits.
- Victor "Sully" Sullivan from Uncharted is this. His behavior is frequently lampshaded.
- Doctor Wilbur Feels in Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest.
- I'll not be examined by Dr. Feels, thanks. Ew.
- Vaati from The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. He is a hundred year old eyeball monster, yet the manual says his only motive is kidnapping any young girl that takes his fancy.
- Let's hope that he didn't pick that up from his teacher, because this would bring some unfortunate implications regarding the latter's relationship to a certain little boy...
- Kapp'n, the boat rower/driver from the Animal Crossing games, has a tendency to flirt with female characters, especially in his City Folk incarnation as a bus driver. He genuinely complements them frequently, however, so he comes off as more charming than creepy. Usually.
- Raven from Tales of Vesperia is a younger one, being 35, and is of the Loveable Rogue sort, tolerated by everyone in the group except for Rita, who smacks him or blasts him with magic almost any time he says or does something pervy. The only girl in the group he targets, however, is Judith, who seems to enjoy teasing him. He's even referred to as the trope title on multiple occasions.
- In Pokemon Red And Blue and their remakes, there's this old dude peering into the windows of the Celadon Gym. Game Freak got a little too carried away with the sexual references.
Old Man: Heheh....This GYM is great! It's full of women!
- He had the above line in both the original Pokemon Red And Blue, the remakes FireRed and LeafGreen, and the original Pokemon Gold And Silver, but apparently someone complained as the line was removed in the remakes HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Old Man: Heheh... This Gym is great! It's full of strong Trainers!
- One video from the Secret Theater in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater portrays The End as such.
- Most of the older men in Metal Gear Solid can come off as Dirty Old Men... mostly because Hideo Kojima is a dirty middle-aged man.
- Volgin from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater was possibly portrayed as such in addition to Depraved Bisexual, as Volgin, according to character sheets, was in his fifties at the time of the game, and one of his lovers, Raikov, was either in his twenties or in his very late teenaged years. EVA/Tatyana was also around her late twenties.
- Yo-Jin-Bo has your old attendant, Yahei, who is revealed in Mon-Mon's Good ending to enjoy spying on Hatsuhime in the bath. Of course, in that game, All Men Are Perverts...
- Lucaim Nav◊ of Phantasy Star Universe definitely qualifies as this. He's a 200 year old CAST (robot) who is always trying to cop a feel of some helpless young woman's behind. This is made funnier in the final story mission by the fact your entire party has just infiltrated the giant HIVE planet Rykros housing the final confinement system and getting into a deep discussion about the true nature of the SEED, the planet itself, and the evil entity known as Dark Falz. Cut to a scene of Nav trying to grab President Laia's ass to "lighten up the mood" right after the end of the discussion.
- Final Fantasy VI: Edgar Roni Figaro. Technically, he wasn't old (he was 27 during the events of the game), but he was implied to have an attraction to Relm Arowny at one point (specifically, before leaving the town to track down Kefka and Gestahl for their betrayal, he mentions that Relm has another eight years to go and that he hopes that she's still around by then), who at that time was 10 years old and most likely young enough to be his daughter.
- Johnny from Guilty Gear, who while not exactly old, keeps only young (and often underage) women around as his crew (except maybe the fat cook). He also hits on Bridget, who is definitely not legal (or female, but that's another story). Baiken even calls Johnny a dirty old man in her pre-fight introduction.
- This is how the Tinkerer is portrayed in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. The price he demands to build a symbiote-killing sonic bomb includes large sums of money and "this girl from my favourite tool catalogue".
- Very much NOT Played for Laughs in Fire Emblem 3, where Lang and his troops pretty much take all the young and pretty girls from Grust away and it's all but stated that they'll be either raped and killed, or made sex slaves.
Villager: This country no longer has any young girls. The imperial soldiers took them all away. Especially beautiful girls, who were all taken by General Lang. What kind of world has this become?
Maillesia (to Marth): "I have already become of age... But, my grandmother lied for me so the soldiers wouldn’t take me away. Well, I know if I stay here I will eventually be discovered and captured by the imperial soldiers. Lang’s soldiers are like beasts!"
- Uncle Gamlen from Dragon Age II fits this trope to a tee. He frequents the city's brothel on a regular basis and, if Hawke is female and romances Isabela, he eagerly inquires what the sex is like.
- Orsino has shades of this in a conversation about blood mages with Snarky!Hawke.
Hawke: So I shouldn't slit my wrists and dance naked under the moonlight just to fit in?
Orsino: Well, if that's what's going to happen, perhaps I should come with you after all.
- As quoted above MOTHER 3 has Mike, an elderly resident of Tazmily Village. It's more or less an offhand comment in that particular instance, and doesn't come up again.
- Augus from Asura's Wrath, who states he has had Carnal Knowledge of the fairest maidens in heaven. Overlaps this with Cool Old Guy, Old Master, and Eccentric Mentor.
- In Sexy Parodius, an aged Takosuke has become a dirty old octopus.
- Lollipop Chainsaw: Junji Morikawa's hobbies are listed as: karate, Kama Sutra, collecting womens' underwear.
- In Virtue's Last Reward, Tenmyouji openly discusses "Grandpa Videos" and "Erotic Units" with Quark. Sigma also comes across as one to the other players, but he's a 22-year-old college student in the body of an old man.
- Pete the Puppet: Pete, despite apparently being deeply conservative and looking down on young people sleeping around all the time, certainly has his more perverted moments. It's also implied in another episode that he used to go to some sort of bizarre sex show involving children when he was younger (in his twenties or thirties).
- Yugi's grandpa, Solomon Muto from LittleKuriboh's Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series. He's rather pervy (groping Tea), and then there's his 'relationship' with the Black Luster Soldier .
GRANDPA: Please stop! I thought you were my grandson.
TEA: Is that why you were trying to grope me?
If I said "yes", would it make this situation any less awkward?
- -> GRANDPA: (While stroking poster) Oh Black Luster Soldier, no one must know of our forbidden love.
- Wise from web-only animated series The LeBrons. "All them young girls around here showing their skin!"
- Uncle Grandfather from Perfect Hair Forever is a parody of this trope.
- Old Man Hunger from Ren and Stimpy, Old Man Hunger is a strange, skinny and naked old man with a chicken drumstick leg on his head and a bandage on his butt. He can be found showing up randomly at inopportune moments for Ren and Stimpy.
- Family Guy: Has several in its main cast:
- Popeye's dad, Poopdeck Pappy, was constantly flirting with women. In a subversion, they often flirt back.
- Avatar The Last Airbender: Iroh is usually well-behaved, but is not above a compliment or two for a pretty woman – or a not-so-pretty woman if he thinks it will get him preferential treatment. However, when June and Zuko are paralyzed by her Shirshu and June is thrown atop him, he doesn't move, even though Zuko points out the Shirshu didn't get him. He smiles, and June rolls her eyes.
- Grandpa Marsh from South Park has several Dirty Old man moments in the episode "Quintuplets 2000", when a set of little girl quintuplets and their grandmother stay at Stan's house.
- This happened accidentally on The Venture Bros. when Rusty slept with the 15 year old head of his fan club in his late 20's/early 30s (She said she was 20). YMMV depending on your views of statutory rape (yes, it's only ten years, but in the wrong direction), though he was generally called this on the message boards.
- Cotton Hill from King of the Hill would take any opportunity to grab or slap a young woman's butt, he regularly visits strip joints to gawk at and flirt with the women, and he married a woman about 30 years younger than him.
- It should be noted that the butt-slapping is just his (really rude) way of getting attention from waitresses in diners when he wants service. ("Hey, howsabout bringing us some sammiches!")
- Ice King from Adventure Time, whose goal in life is to kidnap princesses in order to choose a potential wife. And yes, this is a kid's show.
- In his defence, he became the insane princess-kidnapper due to his crown artificially aging him and driving him mad when he was in his twenties. He probably still thinks he's an attractive 20-something, and generally avoids going after underage princesses. Usually.
- In one episode where Princess Bubblegum gets de-aged (it's complicated), he appears to be pretty squicked out by it and leaves when he discovers she's now effectively 13. So he's not actually a pedophile, though he certainly prefers his princesses on the young-ish side (Bubblegum is normally around 18, at or above consent age almost everywhere).
- The fact that Grandpa Lou Pickles' personal favorite film is Lonely Space Vixens is enough evidence for him to be counted as one.
- Studies show that many middle-aged men do find themselves attracted to young, teenaged girls.
- A letter to Dear Abby showed what a problem this can be. An 18 year old girl who had recently begun work in an upscale restaurant complained that she and the other waitresses were frequently harassed by the patrons, to the point where one young woman had to file a police report because a 62-year old man kept coming by and waiting for her to get off work, even though she'd already turned his invitation to go out.
- Benjamin Franklin, both in Real Life and in almost all of his appearances in media, whether historical fiction or just fiction.
- Most historians nowadays believe this to be an exaggeration, admitting that Franklin was known to be flirtatious with younger women, but that's as far as it got.
- Hugh Hefner.
- Hefner's contemporary Ron Harris, who is known for his erotic pictorials and videos, which include those of young girls (aged 18-24 only) masturbating and having orgasms. According to The Other Wiki, Playboy magazine calls him "the granddaddy of softcore". Elevated to squick when Harris offered the eggs of eight models for auction over the internet, so those who could afford it would have more attractive offspring.
- Roger Ebert seems like this in a number of his reviews. An example would be Zack and Miri.
- "Poppa", the old guy in this Gaijin Smash post.
- The Sex Pistols infamous live TV encounter with interviewer Bill Grundy. (In 1976 this was an unprecedented outburst for television).
What about you girls behind? Are you worried or are you just enjoying yourself? Glen Matlock:
He's like your dad innee this geezer? Or your granddad... Siouxsie Sioux:
Enjoying myself... Grundy:
Are you? Sioux:
That's what I thought you were doing. Sioux:
I always wanted to meet you... Grundy:
Did you really? We'll meet afterwards, shall we? Jones:
You dirty sod. You dirty old man. Grundy:
Keep going chief, keep going. Go on, you've got another 5 seconds, say something outrageous. Jones:
You dirty bastard. Grundy:
Go on, again! Jones:
You dirty fucker
What a clever boy. Jones:
What a fucking rotter.
- According to Suetonius and Tacitus, Emperor Tiberius of Rome. And yes, that's why he was written and acted that way in I, Claudius. Whether he was that dirty or not is still a matter of discussion among Roman historians.
- Graves couldn't portray Tiberius as anywhere near as filthy as the historians did. If he had, his novel could not have been published in his time period. The histories could be published because they were supposedly factual and carried the stamp of antiquity. (The big thing that couldn't be mentioned? Oral rape of infants. Even in Ancient Rome, where raping a twelve-year-old slave of either sex was 100% A-OK for a freeborn male, that was beyond the pale even for the emperor)
- Darker (and more recent) examples include Josef Fritzl, and Brian David Mitchell.
- Piers Anthony is a rare self-proclaimed Dirty Old Man.
- This performance counts at least as creepy, and the author suspiciously resembles http://services.sled.sc.gov/sor/view.aspx?SRS=16493 ...this doesn't make the video any less funny, though.
- Mikey Robbins, despite being middle aged, is a cheerful Dirty Old Man.
- Many aging rockers resemble this as they reach middle age and beyond. Gene Simmons, approaching age 60, comes to mind.
- Roman Polanski. He was arrested for sexually assaulting a 13-year old girl, Samantha Geimer, at actor Jack Nicholson's home. He allegedly performed oral sex and sodomy upon her. He originally plead not guilty to all charges, but accepted a plea bargain by pleading guilty to unlawful intercourse with a minor. However, instead of appearing for his sentencing hearing, he left the country.note
- Frank Miller admits to this in the script of All-Star Batman and Robin.
- Earl Paulk, the late founding pastor of Chapel Hill Harvester Church, would spend the last 15 years of his life embroiled with the exposure of several sex scandals (including claims by his daughter and granddaughter), topped by the revelation that successor Donnie Earl Paulk was not his nephew as previously thought, but his son via Earl's affair with his brother's wife. Massive Squick.
- Bob Barker. Since 1996, six female workers have filed sexual-harassment lawsuits against him, usually along the lines of his threatening to fire female staffers/models if they refused to do the nasty with him. Of those six, five were settled out of court. Beloved clumsy girl Holly Hallstrom was apparently ordered by Barker to badmouth one of the girls suing him on talk shows; instead, she testified against him and was promptly fired "for being too fat". Barker may have 50 straight years of five-a-week television to his name, but he's a Jerkass.
- Mr. Yan. He's the owner of Bodyline, a knock-off Elegant Gothic Lolita brand. He had a model contest, but it was just an attempt to find attractive young women. He proposed marriage to some poor girl.
- A letter to "Dear Abby" described the lecherous actions of an elderly man known as "Uncle Harry". The man professed himself to be one of the "finest Christians in the area", but would insist on hugging every woman he met, and promptly used those hugs as a chance to paw and grope the woman in question. Feedback from people of both genders indicated that Uncle Harry was not an aberration and that behavior like his was a very common problem – one woman complained of three such men in her church, while another lamented being married to one. Interestingly, it was the women who usually suggested merely saying "NO" to Uncle Harry's advances, while the men almost unanimously advised giving him a "swift with all your might knee to the crotch."
- A much stronger claim can be made for ex Roxy Music lead singer Bryan Ferry being a "dirty old man" for being involved with his backup dancer Katie Turner, who is thirty-five years younger than Ferry. She is actually younger than Ferry's son!
- Sexually deviant behavior is often a result of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia, making this a very sad and unfortunate case of Truth in Television.
- Woody Allen (see Wife Husbandry and Kavorka Man)
- Silvio Berlusconi, former Italian Prime Minister
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn, ex-head of the IMF. It's the reason he's no longer head of the IMF.
- Serge Gainsbourg
- Ron Jeremy, though that's to be expected given his line of work
- Charlie Sheen. He's not exactly elderly yet, but he seems to be well on his way to becoming this.
- Jerry Sandusky, former assistant football coach at Penn State and currently rotting in a jail cell
- Flavor Flav, oh so very much