Mike: I can't keep burdening Lisa forever, but I do have a Happy Box and nice-bodied girls like Nan and Linda to keep me company, so I'm pretty happy in my own way. Nyahahahaha!Just what he sounds like — an older male character, usually unattractive in some way, who takes more than a passive delight in young women. Sometimes he limits himself to just talking dirty and propositioning cute girls, but sometimes he takes matters into his own hands. Literally. He's not The Casanova, nor is he necessarily trying to be — but he certainly won't complain if things work out that way for him. The "old" part of his description is mostly relative to the girls he accosts — a creepy thirty-something teacher eyeing his junior high school students is no less a Dirty Old Man than a geezer in his sixties pinching the bottoms of housewives in the supermarket, though it's worth bearing out that a younger Dirty Old Man's behavior is going to be seen as a good deal less harmless than that of his hoary-headed counterparts. Probably because a Dirty Old Man is supposedly less likely to chase his victims, or force worse things upon them. There's also the fact that regardless of the man's age, it's almost invariably considered more acceptable for him to turn his attention on fully matured women, as opposed to girls who are still developing. Of course, since some men start looking semi-elderly as early as their late twenties, for all practical purposes this trope covers a wide latitude. When played for comedy he is either a disgusting pervert who gets beaten up by the girls he assaults, or a delightful rogue whom the girls tolerate. When played seriously, he's usually some variety of sexual predator or mistaken as such, and finds it hard to prove his innocence. The character's personality will usually be at least a little sympathetic, with him as either an amusing clown character or a Mr. Vice Guy. Of course, if he crosses the line into rape or worse, all bets are off. In Britain, these characters are typically seen wearing brown mackintosh coats, which allow concealment of a certain activity, leading to them being referred to as "the dirty mac brigade." In the U.S., it has long been popular to depict this fellow traipsing around in a Conspicuous Trenchcoat (often with the innuendo that he's wearing nothing but the coat). For an anime variant which is somewhat less old, see Lovable Sex Maniac. Played sympathetically, this character is likely to fall under Chivalrous Pervert, and this is likely to be established early on to show that while he may be looking at them longingly, he has standards and will follow them religiously. Dirty Old Women are not usually so frowned upon. If the work means to portray the older man-younger woman dynamic in a more sympathetic or even romantic light, it isn't this trope, but May–December Romance.
Linda: I'm sorry, Mike, but that's called sexual harassment these days.
Mike: This is a hard world we live in now. How disappointing.
Linda: I'm sorry, Mike, but that's called sexual harassment these days.
Mike: This is a hard world we live in now. How disappointing.
— MOTHER 3
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Sensei Touga of 12 Beast. He gets very excited upon catching the "scent of a woman," has a ninja "dummy" that would not look out of place in an H-game, and uses his grandson's PSP to play a visual novel—in which he is trying to achieve the "Harem" ending.
- A Certain Magical Index features Heaven Canceler, one of the most powerful men in Academy City, a doctor with surgical skills better than most supernatural equivalents. It seems like he originally became a doctor to pick up chicks.
Heaven Canceler: You've been hospitalized twice in the past ten days. Don't tell me you have a nurse fetish?
Touma: What are you talking about? Would I slice off my hand just for that?
Heaven Canceler: Oh. I thought I'd found a compatriot.
- Kimura-sensei in Azumanga Daioh, who freely admits that the main reason he became a teacher is "Because I like high school girls, that's why!" Even though he already has a ridiculously cute waifu and daughter.
- Bleach. Shunsui Kyoraku is a decent sort, but to add to squick there is a massive age difference between him and Nanao, for whom he is frequently this trope. It would arguably be squicky even if they were the ages they appear. Made even worse by the fact that Kyoraku is in fact her paternal uncle.
- Dr. McLaren from episode 7 of the Bubblegum Crisis OVA comes to Japan partly to work on a new Boomer design and partly to meet "geisha girls" and hookers. This became a big part of a plot to kidnap him.
- Dragon Ball:
- Master Roshi provides the page image, having made perving on women his favorite pastime. He has a steady supply of girly mags, is easily distracted by any female that catches his eye, and will cop a feel at every given opportunity. Roshi always ends up paying for it, but he'll just do it again anyway.
- Fittingly for the number one disciple of Master Roshi, Grandpa Gohan is content with staying in the afterlife because of all the hot women there.
- Dr. Briefs is hinted to be one as his daughter comes across his hidden Porn Stash.
- Old Kaioshin is another. Goku talked him into helping the heroes out by promising to let him kiss Bulma. Except Vegeta made it clear that Bulma was off-limits.
- Makarov from Fairy Tail takes full advantage of the Power Perversion Potential that comes with having extendable arms.
- Headmaster Osmond from The Familiar of Zero, who enjoys using his mouse Familiar to look up his secretary's skirt...and then commenting on her choice of panties...On the pain of getting his ass kicked by her. He also uses a flying, magic-controlled hand to grope her... and get's this hand back in the face by her.
- Iron Klaus's boss in From Eroica with Love is way too interested in Klaus's subordinate G
- Subverted in Fullmetal Alchemist. Hohenheim is called this by the other characters after he says he'd rather group up with Lan Fan alone to monopolize her attention. In actuality, he intends to let her leave to go find her Love Interest while he fights the Big Bad alone.
- In Gate, Kato is a wise and respected wizard and teacher, but he also ogles the girls in his language class and tells his magic student Lelei that he's not interested in her because she's a child and he would prefer her grown up, curvaceous sister.
- In Happy Yarou Wedding, Yuuhi suspects Todou is going to rape him when he first brings him to his house. His prediction turns out to be completely wrong but Yuuhi still considers him a Dirty Old Man anyways, if more affectionately.
- Master of Chinese Kenpo, Ma Kensei from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, is a shameless pervert. Among other things, he was introduced trying to secretly take dirty pictures of Shigure and deftly dodging the shuriken she threw in response.
- Claw from Kimba the White Lion. The first time he meet Kitty, a child, Claw asked her to be his "queen" when she becomes a little older.
- In Kotoura-san, Haruka's grandfather seems to be much of a pervert as Manabe is, as evidenced by him making her sit on his lap, then bragging about it later to her friends.
- Daisensei (a.k.a. Guru Lou) in Kyatto Ninden Teyandee (AKA Samurai Pizza Cats). His lecherous attitude was toned down in the SPC version.
- In Lilim Kiss has a high school boy being found by his mother with the titular Lilim (really a succubus) covered only by a towel. When she sits them down with her husband, the man's first scenes have him staring right at Lilim's chest. His wife and son are not amused.
- Soujirou Izumi from Lucky Star. When asked if he was a Lolicon, he protests the label, saying, "I like normal girls as well, so I am also a Lolicon".
- Mahou Sensei Negima!:
- Albert Chamomile who, being a short-lived ermine, is an old man despite being younger than the ten-year-old main character, let alone the 14-year-old girls who make up most of the rest of the cast. Also, is a dirty old man despite being an ermine. Both he and author's notes refer to him as a dirty old man several times.
- Chamo is an "ermine spirit," whatever that means, so its quite possible that he's going to live much longer than normally expected.
- Jack Rakan also seems to fall into this on occasion. He greeted Asuna by poking her chest, and (on several occasions) won fights by stealing the panties off his opponents.
- Albert Chamomile who, being a short-lived ermine, is an old man despite being younger than the ten-year-old main character, let alone the 14-year-old girls who make up most of the rest of the cast. Also, is a dirty old man despite being an ermine. Both he and author's notes refer to him as a dirty old man several times.
- Maken-ki!: Unlike most examples, Ouken Yamato isn't content to just look, or cop a feel. He has his own harem of concubines ranging from their late teens - early 20's and he's shagging ALL of 'em. The old guy even perved on Minori, who's his mortal enemy, once he had her beat.
Ouken: (evil grin) "GWA HAHA!! You know, you're actually quite cute, when you lay still like that. All you need to do now, is wiggle your butt at me and you might actually turn me on."Minori: (gritting teeth) "GNH! You stupid, perverted old man!"
- Goei Harukawa is creepy enough in Moonlight Lady. The fact that he gratuitously spanks Suzuna after finding her in bed with a maid, scouts the villages for women for Kouichi, watches Kouichi enjoy those women, or even watch his own niece get gangbanged makes him a dirty old man if there ever was one.
"Sarutobi-sensei, you're a perv!"
- The Third Hokage. Even Jiraiya is peeved when he finds out.
- Orochimaru also counts, seeing of how he seems to like to stroke children's faces, his obsession with Uchiha's Sharingon like Itachi or Sasuke, or even calling the latter 'beautiful' who is 16 years old for Pete's sake!
- Jiraiya often spies on women bathing, even if they are teens.
- Generally averted in One Piece, in that most of the old men the crew meets are not dirty at all and generally deserving of respect. Later subverted in the form of Brook, a post-mortem dirty old man at (technically) age 88.
- Pokémon: Some guy from the "Beauty and the Beach" episode.
- Alder, Champion of the Unova League in Best Wishes, is currently looking like an older version of Brock, flirting with both Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. They all ignore that and focus on the fact that the Champion is right in front of them. Only Iris and Trip are disturbed by his behavior.
- Professor Cat in Princess Tutu is a more chaste version of this trope. He doesn't appear to have any intentions of doing anything sexual to his students...but he threatens to force them to marry him if they slack off in their practice. He seems particularly intent on the main heroine, who is somewhere in the 12-14 range.
- Prison School has the Chairman, who despite his stoic demeanor has a serious ass fetish that he hides very poorly, often to the frustration of his daughter Mari. When forced to bury his Porn Stash in cement, he quietly sheds a tear for his collection of Brazilian babes.
- Happosai in Ranma ˝, Panty Thief and groping, voyeuristic, sexual harasser, is the paradigm of dirty old men in anime. His perversion also gives him his power. He was so perverted that he actually chased away a ghost because he wouldn't stop harassing her.
- Touhou Fuhai from Rosario + Vampire, combined with being an otaku, and he is obsessed with 2D girls, because they last forever and would never betray him. That doesn't stop him from making Moka cosplay as Lum.
- Tenchi's father Noboyuki is a walking example of this trope, even hitting on Ryoko while under the impression that she's Tenchi's fiancée. In the OVAs, Tenchi's grandfather Katshuhito has elements of this as well. Although the two are distantly related, one can't exactly say it runs in the family (Tenchi missed out on it altogether).
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has two: Lord Genome who "created little dolls" to "play with" as a hobby, including his, ahem, daughter Nia. then seals them up in coffins and leaves them to die in a landfill when he gets bored. And then there is his armadillo sidekick Guane who goes Pedobear on Nia (poor girl!) at one point, feeling her up and propositioning her for sex in exchange for her life. Three if you count the Anti-Spiral King who tried to rape Nia at one point. It sucks to be a cute prepubescent girl in a world where apparently everyone got really skeevy because of the apocalypse...
- The Principal in To Love-Ru is one of the most Most Triumphant Example. Despite being the highest authority in the school, he is well know by the students for being a big pervert. There are even signs in the school warning about him (done by the student council). He even allowed Lala, her sisters and other aliens studying in the school just for increase the amount of cute girls in the school.
- Variable Geo: The unnamed Old Master is a lecher and wasn't ashamed to admit it, while watching Jun strip, after her loss to Yuka. When Yuka tries to deck him for it, he casually dodges her punch and responds by nuzzling her chest. Then walks away laughing that she wasn't "half-bad". Whether he was referring to the punch, or her breasts is left unclear.
- Olin from the Violinist of Hameln, in an odd twist, he's dirty around young men and hits on Hamel and Clari multiple times.
- Ol' Sugoroku Mutou is one; at least, in the original version, anyway. Two or three bits of his lechery managed to get past the dub radar, though. Particularly his fascination with Vivian Wong.
- It was edited out in the dub, but this was also the case with Shuzo Otaki, one of the Big 5 (named Crump in the dub) and with him, it was obvious. He was clearly a pervert, so much that his intended target of Grand Theft Me was Anzu for this very demented reason. (He made some rather sexist comments towards Anzu and Dark Magician Girl too; DMG's reaction in the original version was very unsubtle.)
- Daimen (Hobson in American version) might have been one. In the manga (only) he tried to make Yugi and his friends scream during the second part of the Death-T arc (to trigger a trap that would electrocute them if they did), using a device with mechanized hands, which, among other things, fondled Tea's breasts. (He didn't get away with this; the two-year old Honda was babysitting actually defecated in his lap, causing him to scream and fall victim to his own device.)
- Ashure Lagfedor from Pochi Kuro. His first impression of being a handsome Vampire-esque demon was ultimately shattered when he turned out to be a frail old man, and a perverted one at that.Whether pulling up Pochi's skirt to admire her cute butt or fondling her breasts calling it "Charging", the main charcter Kuro makes no qualms in roasting and eating the old man for his lecherous actions.
- As many Batman fans could tell you, The Penguin can drift into this territory in his various incarnations.
- Burgess Meredith's depiction on the 1960s TV show was first out of the gate. In his 1994 autobiography, Adam West (who played Batman) noted that, even when the cameras weren't on, Meredith stayed in character and "cackled and muttered to himself... seemed to be searching for a behind to pinch." He also once told West: "What could be better than to have women smile at you and little kids shy away from you? It's the best of both worlds." (Yes, he really did say "both worlds.")
- Danny DeVito's portrayal of the Penguin in Batman Returns takes this Up to Eleven. He fondles a girl's breasts as he's pinning a button to her coat, rudely stares at a voluptuous woman's posterior for an excessive amount of time, sniffs Catwoman's spiked heel, and agrees to run for mayor only after learning that being mayor in Gotham City entitles one to "unlimited poontang."
- Even the original comic-book Penguin has gotten into the act a bit. In the 1990s, he stopped wearing his top hat (at least for a time) and made the transition to a Villain with Good Publicity, opening an Arctic-themed nightclub/casino called the Iceberg Lounge. Within this club he was regularly seen in the company of one young woman or another, each one just as dispensable as the next, who never did much of anything or even spoke, but were just there to make the Penguin look good; one comic cover had the Penguin posed like a Bond villain, surrounded by numerous of these scantily-clad females, all of them of different races. This carried over to the animated series, where the Penguin actually staffed his club exclusively with women and dressed them in a manner reminiscent of the Playboy Bunnies.
- Deathstroke the Terminator from Teen Titans. Especially during The Judas Contract arc.
- The Brazilian comic Holy Avenger has Talude, Maximum Master of magic. While demonstrating the art of (weak) enchantments, he tries to make a girl take off her clothes.
- Urbanus: Jef Patat is a filthy, obese middle-aged scoundrel who lives under a bridge and has a huge collection of dirty magazines and porn videos.
- Belgian comic Violine, about a 10 year old girl who can read people's minds by staring into their eyes, has an encounter with one of these that appears to be played partially straight and partially for dark humor. Violine escapes from her school where she was accused of being a witch, and finds a random man driving by who offers her a ride. The man takes her away from the direction she told him she lived, however, and she gets suspicious. Staring into his eyes to read his mind, Violine sees an image of herself bound and gagged and looking up with pleading eyes while lying on a pillow. Angered and scared, she attempts to escape and crash his car.
- Ultimate Wolverine and Professor Xavier both fancy Jean, who in this universe is about eighteen or so. Urgh.
- It gets worse: in the main 616 continuity, it was revealed in about the 3rd or 4th issue (from the 60's) that Xavier was in love with Jean (it gets worse as a retcon revealed he had helped her with her powers since she was 12), although it was actually something of a throwaway joke about ALL the X-Men being in love with her. That particular plot point was dropped and forgotten about until the Onslaught saga when Jean was taken on a trip through Xavier's mind where she was exposed to that particular memory, freaking her out to no end.
- Wolverine also has a tendency to have semi-flirtatious relationships with girls a lot younger than even his apparent, never mind actual, age. Shadowcat, Jubilee, Rogue.
- In the older Beetle Bailey strips, General Halftrack came across as one, often making suggestive comments about (and occasionally towards) Ms. Buxley. In more modern strips, where this sort of thing was not publically tolerated, he started taking sensitivity classes and eventually stopped.
- Nagato from An Akatsuki's Life. Well, he's not really an old man, but he sure looks like one.
- Gandalf has become one in Bag Enders.
- Professor Moriarty, of all people, in the twelfth episode of Children of Time. He has shown a measure of respect for eighteen-year-old Beth Lestrade, but, in a disturbing bargain for the lives of the heroes, he allows her to become his Sex Slave in all but name. When said heroes arrive to rescue Beth, Moriarty is fondling and petting her, presumably to hurt Holmes, but still...
- In the next season, his clone turns out to be something of a Stalker with a Crush towards the now-mid-20s Beth.
- In Code: Half Demon turns out, Odd, who thought it was a horror movie, accidently watched a movie about one and ended up disgusting Ulrich, but it was only mentioned.
- Phil, the Capricorn Pirates' gunner, in One Piece: Parallel Works.
- Jiraiya turns out to be Not So Shameless when it comes to Aiko in Vapors. He is physically uncomfortable with see her naked or immodestly dressed, practically flinching away from her bare chest when he needs to examine a seal there.
- In Chlorine Grown Roses, Azusa's maids are forced to wear skimpy French maid outfits around her mansion because "papa liked that kind of stuff o.o".
- This does get deconstructed in No Chance For Fate. In canon, Happosai was played almost entirely for comedy. Taking away all the comedy reveals what kind of person would develop such a mindset - a very nasty one.
- Ranma Saotome, Chi Master has a darker example in Qiáng Wang. He's known to "help himself" to other people's bodies, male or female, whether they consent or not. It's mentioned that even Happosai found his "predilections" disgusting.
Films — Animation
- Jafar in Aladdin comes across as this when he wants Genie to make Jasmine fall in love with him, and when he thinks that's happened, he calls her "pussycat". Um, gross.
- Phil from Hercules likes to spy on nymphs. They... don't appreciate the attention.
- Judge Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is another villainous Dirty Old Man with a serious lust for the romantic lead, Esmeralda, who he tries to have burned at the stake when she rejects his advances. (And, being the hypocritical coward that he is, Frollo insists that his perversion is all Esmeralda's fault.)
- In Toy Story 2, Stinky Pete is seen flirting with some Barbies during the end-credits Hilarious Outtakes.
Films — Live Action
- Reverse Lampshaded in A Hard Day's Night, where the first comment about Paul's grandfather was "Very Clean Old Man". It was a Running Gag through the film that everyone kept commenting how Clean he was. This doubles as Actor Allusion as he was played by the same actor who portrayed Steptoe (see below).
- Bad Grandpa Irving Zisman is a dirty old bastard. His first action after his wife dies is to head for the nearest Oriental Massage parlor.
- Beetlejuice exhibits every quality required, being a disgusting pervert of a dead guy, with truly appalling hygiene, who is several hundred years old. Among other things, he grabs a woman's boobs and nearly succeeds in marrying a teenage girl - against her will.
- Another Tim Burton film, Batman gives us gangster Carl Grissom, who looks like he's in his seventies - and is in a relationship with Alicia Hunt, who cannot be any older than 30 or so. It's never made clear whether Carl and Alicia are...uh, "active", but it's not likely given that Jack Napier calls him "a tired old man."
- Merrick Jamison-Smythe of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer film is several centuries old and is called a "skanky old man" by no less a personage than Buffy herself. He isn't, but out of context it would certainly look that way. He shadows teenage girls throughout a mall (he's trying to determine which one is the Slayer), he creepily knows about a mole Buffy had removed some years before, he walks into the locker room while Buffy is about to change...and, in a scene that would definitely raise suspicions if it happened in real life, he enters the school gymnasium during a basketball game and sits down by himself, in a Conspicuous Trenchcoat, to watch dozens of scantily-clad basketball players and cheerleaders (though this turns out to be justified, as vampires have infiltrated the game).
- The Crank series has Doc Miles and Poon Dong (who is 100).
- Patches O'Houlihan from Dodgeball
Patches: I got a couple'a hookers in my room, queerbag.
- Grumpy Old Men. Grandpa Gustafson had more Unusual Euphemisms for sex than your average Fark.com thread. In other words, when it comes to women and for an old man, he has an abnormally perverted obsession with sex, even revealed clearly just by his kinky remarks.
- The outtakes during the credits roll highlights this, with his using fictional Hawaiian islands as a means of seduction (e.g. "Imakindakinky").
- Grandpa Hoover in Little Miss Sunshine is the quintessential Dirty Old Man.
Grandpa: Are you gettin' any?
Grandpa: You can tell me, Dwayne. Are you gettin' any?
Richard: Come on, please.
Grandpa: (Dwayne shakes his head) No? Jesus. You're what? Fifteen? My God, man!
Grandpa: You should be gettin' that young stuff.
Grandpa: That young stuff is the best stuff in the whole world.
Richard: Hey! Hey! Dad! That's enough! Stop it!
Grandpa: Will you kindly not interrupt me, Richard! See, right now you're jailbait, they're jailbait. It's perfect. I mean, you hit 18, man! You're talkin' about three to five.
- In the Tyler Perry movie Madea Goes To Jail, Madea's brother Joe invites a whole crowd of people over, many of which are dirty old people that harass her daughter Cora.
- In Mortdecai, when Johanna visits Sir Graham in her search for the painting, he keeps inviting her to come with him to the restroom to see "it". Subverted, as he was trying to show her where he kept the real painting.
- Jason's former neighbor in Mystery Team.
- Said about Mean Mr Mustard in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. As the Fembots sing his song Mustard first says accusingly "A DIRTY OLD MAN?" then proudly "Yesssss! A Dirrrty Old Mannnnnn!"
- Prime Cut: Devlin comes across as this when he buys teen hooker Poppy sexy dresses but no underwear.
- Jerry in Space Cowboys is an unrepentant—and for his age, pretty successful—womanizer.
- From Star Wars, Jabba the Hutt if interspecies "romances" count. He's about 700 years old (roughly middle-aged by Hutt standards) when we see him in Return of the Jedi, and he loves molesting young females of smaller and supposedly weaker species - including Princess Leia, who is still in her early twenties at the time.
- Judge Turpin of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is an evil example of a Dirty Old Man played very seriously. Not only does he rape the title character's wife at a masked ball after having her husband "transported for life", but he also has a creepy Wife Husbandry plan for Sweeney's daughter Johanna, which doesn't work because Johanna hates him and has eyes for young sailor Anthony Hope.
- This trope is flirted with in The Next Karate Kid. Old Mr. Miyagi has taken on a young female pupil to replace Daniel LaRusso from the previous films, and in one scene he is shown entering a women's clothing store to buy a prom dress for her. Miyagi is obviously playing the role of grandfather; but since he and the girl are obviously not of the same blood, a TV viewer flipping through that scene might get the wrong idea.
- Uncle Willy in The Philadelphia Story, who pinches all the young ladies (including his niece).
- Park Chung-hee in The President's Last Bang, as describe in detail when a madam recounts how Park fondled the nude body of one of her prostitutes. Plus there are all the bikini-clad girls cavorting in Park's swimming pool, and the two sexy babes brought to his party by flunkies. Park is the president of South Korea.
- The creepy old guy in the car at the conclusion of Teeth.
- In Chinese film Wild Rose, the fishmonger lusts after Xiao Feng, who is at least 40 years younger than he is. Xiao's father gets very angry when the fishmonger tries to basically buy her in an Arranged Marriage.
- Immortan Joe in Mad Max: Fury Road is at least in his 60s, if not older. All of his "Wives" are in their 20s or teens.
- An elderly man in Florida had owned a large farm for years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some orange and peach trees. The pond was ideal for swimming , although he rarely did that anymore. One evening he decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket with which to bring back some fruit. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!" The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or to make you get out of the pond naked..." holding the bucket up he said, "...I'm here to feed the alligator."
- An old man enters the confessional. "Father, I have sinned... For my sixty-second birthday, I went to a bar where I picked up two young women, and had sex with both of them three times over the next day." "I see. How long has it been since you confessed yourself?" "This is my first time, I've been an atheist all my life." "What? But... Why are you telling me this?" "Are you kidding? I'm telling everybody!!!"
- An old man is telling this: "An attractive young woman asked me once what do i prefer, breasts or legs. I told her what i really liked was a well shaved snatch. Apparently, i am no longer welcome in any KFC establishment from then on."
- General Thiébault devotes about five pages of his Mémoires to an old knight of Saint-Louis who pinched the ladies' bottoms in the Tuileries garden. Even when they were obviously not alone.
- In American Gods Mr. Wednesday looks old, has looked old for at least thirty years, and regularly beds women who are barely legal.
- In Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys, the eponymous Trickster God Anansi is not only this, but uses his last strength to expose a young woman's breasts.
- I-Gos from ChessmenOfMars is a creepy old taxidermist who likes to reminisce about his past as a ladies man and tries to hit on Princess Tara. However, he later turns out to have an honorable side, when he aids Gahan in his efforts to rescue Tara because he doesn't like the cowardly manner in which the Jeddak is trying to woo her.
- Wizards on the Discworld are supposed to be celibate, but this doesn't stop much of the faculty of Unseen University from ogling beautiful young women when they think they can get away with it (for example, when peeking on the activities of Bibulous, God of Wine, in Hogfather, they suddenly get a whole lot more interested when they learn he's surrounded by naked maidens).
- Windle Poons — as seen in Moving Pictures — was one of the worst of the lot, despite being about a hundred and thirty and wheelchair-bound.
- Professor Flead from Making Money is a ghost who ends up helping only because he was promised that he would be taken to a place where women "show off their... ankles?"
- Another Discworld example is Cohen the Barbarian and his Silver Horde. They're too old to go around ravishing maidens, though, so they have to make do with leering at them instead. Like most other things, the Silver Horde (and Cohen in particular) is very good at this as a result of their years of experience. One character asks if they are the ones who go around raping young women, and another replies thoughtfully "No. Ravishing, perhaps. I don't think there have been any actual complaints."
- The main character of El espejo de Lida sal by Miguel Ángel Asturias asks for romantic advice to a blind old man that fits squarely on this trope, being that he gropes her a couple of times.
- Mr Whittier from Haunted 2005 appears to be one of these except he's actually thirteen.
- Charles from Jade Green is the ultimate example of this trope, lusting for Judith even though she is fifteen years old (and his cousin) and he happens to be forty years old. After the title character rejects him, he proceeds to murder her and chop off her hand, and when Judith does the same, he proceeds to try to murder her as well, though not before raping her.
- Jakub Wędrowycz not only really likes girls (as long as he can get his hands on some Viagra), but also has the appropriate equipment. Probably one of the many reasons why, when he goes to confession (every few years), the priests usually react with panic or fainting.
- Humbert Humbert, the Villain Protagonist of Lolita.
- Charles Bukowski wrote a collection of short stories and essays called Notes of a Dirty Old Man.
- Simona Ahrnstedt gives us two possible examples in Överenskommelser.
- It is clear that Count Rosenschiöld only wishes to marry the female protagonist Beatrice, who happens to be like forty years younger than him, because he wants a teenage virgin. And it also turns out that he's a serial abuser of women and a cruel rapist.
- And we also have Beatrice confirming that there was quite some age difference between her parents, which could make her father come across as a milder case of this. But even though Beatrice states that her mother was only seventeen years old at their marriage, we have no idea how old her father was at the time. We're most likely talking about a May-September Romance rather than a May-December Romance though.
- Reginald Bretnor: Professor Shimmelhorn is said to be quite the charmer of women young and old, and in a more vital sense his hyped-up sex drive seems to inspire his creative streak. Even more important to his fate is his dragonish wife, a tough if Clean Old Woman who tries to keep him on track, and usually balances out his wild karma.
- Isaac Asimov wrote a satirical "self-help" book called The Sensuous Dirty Old Man.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- It's debatable how much Count Olaf is focused on this, but in his ploy to marry Violet to get at her fortune, he certainly points out her looks more than once (and plans to be kind and let her live). His later girlfriend, Esme Squalor, is young enough to have once been his student. Who knows about Kit, though.
- Also, The Bald Man. In the first book there is a scene where he approaches Violet, takes her face in his rough hands, and calls her a 'pretty one'.
- Another instance of the creepy attentions Violet received in the first book is when The Hook-handed Man approaches her in the tower, telling her "I'm so glad you're here. I was just thinking how much wanted to see your pretty face"
- Walder Frey in A Song of Ice and Fire. He's over ninety and on his eighth wife and has children, grandchildren and in at least one instance, great-grandchildren who are older than she is, or the last one at least of comparable age. Neither age nor marriage stops him from leering at any woman to cross his path. Made even clearer in the series:
Walder Frey (to Catelyn Stark): Fifteen years old, she is. A delicate little flower...and the honey's all mine.
- Jubal Harshaw, in Stranger in a Strange Land and other Robert A. Heinlein works, is a bit of this with Chivalrous Pervert.
- Seen in nearly every one of V. C. Andrews books.
- 1066 and All That describes Oscar Wilde as "the leader of a set of disgusting old gentlemen called 'the naughty nineties.'" For all his memorable artistic contributions, he "behaved rather beardsley."
- Cray from The Hunger Games. He takes advantage of poor, starving young women of District 12 to get them to sleep with him. Katniss says that if she didn't know how to hunt, she'd have been forced to go to Cray.
- Anna (who is fourteen years old) in "Det fjärde rummet" by Solveig Olsson-Hultgren is assaulted by a married man, who only will let her go when she threatens to tell his wife.
Live Action TV
- The song "Little Girl" from A Bit of Fry and Laurie is sung by a Dirty Old Man character.
- Steptoe and Son Albert Steptoe is one of the Ur Examples, and probably a candidate for Trope Namer into the bargain.
- Young Mr. Grace from Are You Being Served?, despite being practically unable to move unassisted, was a Dirty Old Man to the core. He once fired a secretary because his heart rate alarm didn't go off when she bent over in front of him.
- George Bluth, Sr. from Arrested Development. He once asked a group of dolls which of them wanted to take their shirt off. Granted, he was a little stir crazy at the time...
- Benny Hill often played his characters in The Benny Hill Show this way, though reportedly he saw it more as childish playfulness than randy cheekery.
- Pierce from Community has no limits as far as this trope is concerned.
- Kenneth in Season 2 of Devious Maids. His maid and caretaker calls him this, as well as comments on his "naughty fingers" and tells him he has "a dirty mouth for a man who doesn't talk".
- In Extras, Patrick Stewart is portrayed this way.
Patrick Stewart: So in my film, I play a man who controls the world with his mind.
Andy Millman: Right. Oh, that's interesting.
Patrick Stewart: Yeah. For instance, I'm walking along, and I see this beautiful girl, and I think I'd like to see her naked, and so all her clothes fall off.
Andy Millman: All her - clothes fall off?
Patrick Stewart: Yes, and she's scrabbling around to get them back on again, but even before she can get her knickers on, I've seen everything. Yeah. I've seen it all.
- Father Jack in Father Ted. Being a Catholic priest hasn't stopped him from maintaining a healthy love of the ladies. Although not as frequent as his shouting "Feck", "Drink" or "Arse", he quite often shouts "Girls", and he has been shown variously reading dirty magazines with such delight that he fails to notice his hair is on fire, judging a wet t-shirt contest (where his job seems to consist of staring and growling "more water") and, in a flashback, convincing a class of teenaged girls in a nunnery to take their tennis lessons topless...This is just the tip of the iceberg, too.
- Fringe's William Bell turns out to be one. In the body of a thirty-year old woman, Olivia. He likes to hit on Astrid...
- Roman Emperor Tiberius (a.k.a. The Old He-Goat) is portrayed as a truly filthy old bastard in I, Claudius. This characterization was inherited from Tacitus and Suetonius, the two major Roman sources for the period.
- Benjamin Franklin in John Adams, wherein the relatively prudish Adams is horrified by Franklin's behavior (particularly in Paris) and gets the shock of his life when he sees Franklin in a bathtub playing chess with Madame Helvétius. On the other hand, the audience is laughing.
- Max Weinberg (also the drummer of the E Street Band) is portrayed as this on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, as well as on the latter's run on The Tonight Show.
- Pop from The League of Gentlemen is not only perverted but also extremely violent when provoked which means he can force himself upon his son's girlfriend right in front of him and get away with it.
- Stanley H. Tweedle, captain of the Lexx, constantly trying to get any, so much it became a plot device in the series.
- Mad Men:
- Roger Sterling. He gets away with it to a certain degree (he's rich and not that hard on the eyes, and it's 1960).
- Bert Cooper gives every indication that he would have qualified (he keeps a print of The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife in his office, for crying out loud!) if it were not for the interference of a Dr. Lyle Evans, whom it appears gave Cooper an unnecessary orchiectomy back in the 1940s, and whom Sterling believes Cooper had killed for his trouble.
- Merlin (2008):
- Agravaine, who is fascinated with both Morgana and Guinevere in the creepiest way possible. He's already picked up a Fan Nickname: "Uncle Creeper."
- Also joked about in season 1 in reference to Gaius. When it appears that Merlin is dying, Gaius hugs a crying Gwen to comfort her. Merlin picks that moment to wake up and say "That's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're old enough to be her grandfather."
- For the dirty mac brigade version, there's a fair number of Monty Python's Flying Circus appearances by a man in...well...a dirty mac.
- Jackson Gibbs, father of Leeroy Jethro Gibbs in NCIS hits on both Ziva and Abby in the first episode he's in, to their mild amusement and Gibbs's silent embarrassment.
- Ernie Rayner in the Only Fools and Horses Prequel Rock And Chips.
- Van Kooten En De Bie: De Vieze Man, a character played by Van Kooten, who wears a shabby coat and constantly gets aroused whenever he talks about filthy stuff like dog turds.
- Sanford and Son: Fred. Sanford and Son is the Transatlantic Equivalent of Steptoe and Son, and as such Fred possesses many of his counterpart's traits.
Lamont: You're a dirty old man!
Fred: That's right! And I'm gonna be one 'til I'm a dead old man!
- Bob Kelso of Scrubs could also qualify for this trope. Though a little surprise comes in "My Tuscaloosa Heart," wherein viewers find out Kelso loves his wife very much.
- In Smallville, Lionel Luthor shows signs of this when he is not busy over some Evil Plan. He doesn't bother to hide it when he is in Clark's body.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine:
- Curzon Dax (predecessor of Jadzia Dax) was like this. Many stories involving him and his friend Captain Sisko tend to involve copious amounts of intoxicants and barely-dressed females of various intelligent species. He was also Trill Ambassador to the Federation.
- Grand Nagus Zek, ruler of the Ferengi. His first act upon arriving at DS9 is to sample five sexual holosuite programs in succession, despite Quark's concerns that the programs in question may be "a touch energetic for his advanced years".
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody has Leo, a rich, lecherous, certifiably-insane old-timer, played by Rip Taylor, who took lessons at Esteban's dance school, and was constantly hitting on Carey, and Shannon, his private nurse.
- In the Married... with Children episode "Her Cups Runneth Over", a manager at the lingerie store seems like a typical friendly old man - who just happens to wear women's underwear and no pants.
- Three's Company: Ralph Furley, the landlord, was portrayed as this.
- Admiral Al Calavicci in Quantum Leap, contrasting the younger Chaste Hero, Samuel Beckett. Al brags about his past love life, ogles all of the young women Sam encounters (often advising him to have sex with them, too), and makes very suggestive comments designed to fly over the heads of younger viewers. When Sam finds out that dead bodies creep out Al, he quips, "Finally, something sexual you're not into." When the two switch places in one episode, Sam becomes the dirty pervert suggesting sex and getting distracted by attractive women.
- King Henry II of France in Reign, who not only has a mistress but in the first episode hits on, successfully, one of his future daughter-in-laws' handmaidens.
- Artie Johnson's "Tyrone F. Horneigh" (pronounced "horn-eye" just for Getting Crap Past the Radar) from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In is probably the archetypal example of the comedy version.
- Vincent Margera a.k.a. Don Vito from Viva La Bam: Here are a couple things to describe Vito, He blabblers and freaks out uncontrollably, his favorite food is veal scallopini from Antonio's, he definitely loves the ladies to an extreme, He's Phil Margera's older brother, but sadly he hates Russia.
- The Beatles's Mean Mister Mustard from Abbey Road, who yells obscene things at the Queen and is described in the lyrics as "a dirty old man".
- The Jethro Tull song Aqualung portrays two sides of one of these characters.
- And Pearl Jam's "tribute" to that song, Even Flow.
- Love/Hate's Rock Queen. The girl is thirteen.
- KISS' Christine Sixteen.
- An even better (worse?) example is "Goin' Blind", where there's a 77-year age difference between an old man and his girlfriend.
- Serge Gainsbourg. See his song "Lemon Incest" or the album Histoire de Melody Nelson. Or his alter-ego, Gainsbarre.
- Queen: "Great King Rat was a dirty old man and a dirty old man was he."
- D.I.N.O.$.A.U.R. by Ke$ha. "You're just an old man, hittin' on me. What? You need a CAT scan!"
- Pussy Walk by Iggy Pop.
- This is one possible interpretation of The Stranglers' Peaches.
- The Veronicas have a song called Lolita about this power play.
- Seemingly, Mr Moore from Royal Republic's 'Underwear'. "I can see your underwear/from down here!"
- Oingo Boingo's "Nothing to Fear": "Won't you let me buy you candy? / Or perhaps a chocolate shake? / Or perhaps some nice cocaine?"
- The Beach Boys quite a bit in the late Seventies. "Roller Skating Child," "Lazy Lizzy," and God forbid, the original, unreleased version of "Hey Little Tomboy." *shudders*
- The Fugs' "Dirty Old Man" is a surprisingly lecherous one considering the song was released in 1966.
- The Three Degrees had a song called Dirty Old Man.
- The Donnas' "Are You Gonna Move It For Me": "Somebody call the bouncer, get this guy off the stage/He wrote his number on his boxers, but he's three times my age." Bonus fact: it's the opening track from their album The Donnas Turn 21.
- Lemon Demon's "The Oldest Man on MySpace":
When I see a teenaged girl all made up like a whore,It takes me straight back to the Second World War,But I know she’ll never love an old fart like me,Which is why I put my age as 23.
- Lyrics to the hit single "My Sharona" by The Knack include "Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind / I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind".
Mythology and Religion
- Ric Flair has lived this trope at least since 2002, when he returned to WWE (and much later moved on to TNA) after having apparently lost his final match to Sting on the very last episode of WCW Monday Nitro in March 2001. (He was well over 50 years old by that point and quickly became Triple H's lackey in Evolution, and everyone believed that he was not only well past his prime but thoroughly washed up; how wrong we all were.) Out of countless instances of his being a Dirty Old Man during these years, a few stand out.
- At TNA's Bound for Glory event in 2010, Flair and the other members of his "Fortune" stable (playfully) threatened to gang-rape backstage interviewer Christy Hemme; oddly, Hemme herself seemed to find the joke funny.
- Then there was the night on Monday Night Raw in 2004 when Flair, Stacy Keibler, and several other Superstars were competing in a game of musical chairs for the prize of Number One Contendership to the World Heavyweight Championship. (Cloudcuckoolander Eugene was Guest General Manager for the night, and the game was completely his idea, although that in itself doesn't really explain anything.) Flair managed to survive halfway through, but then when Keibler beat him to the final chair in the next round, he grabbed her, lifted her bodily out of the chair, and sat down in the chair with Keibler in his lap, child-molester style, to make the referee think he'd gotten there first. Everybody just laughed and Flair was dismissed without incident; even Keibler herself seemed flattered by the attention she was getting. (In case you're wondering, by the way, the musical-chairs winner ended up being Chris Jericho.)
- Perhaps the most notorious example is when the heel tag team Deuce & Domino were looking for Domino's sister, Cherry. They finally saw her emerge from a closet in the hallway...and then, seconds later, Flair emerged from the closet as well! Yes: assuming Cherry really was as young as she looked (about 16 or 17, one would guess), Ric Flair committed offstage statutory rape just for the fun of it.
- Vince McMahon, who would often boast of his sexual prowess and had several on-screen affairs with girls a fraction of his age like Trish Stratus and Candice Michelle.
- When Ken Shamrock was 35, he was booked with 19-year old Alicia Webb who played his little sister, Ryan. They eventually became involved offscreen, and Ken's marriage broke up as a result.
- Jerry Lawler has always been pretty open about his interest in younger women and used to spend most of the women's matches practically drooling over them. He was especially perverted as a heel commentator during the Attitude Era. Even post-Attitude Era, he once claimed to be the father of Kelly Kelly's unborn child (this was all a ruse cooked up to fool Jerry Springer), only to be reminded that Kelly was "too old" for his tastes. Kelly was 24 at the time, and could pass for much younger.
- Japanese wrestlers Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Satoru Sayama and Don Arakawa used to sneak a peek in the woman bath of the inns they lived in when they were on tour.
- Sir Gregory in The Men from the Ministry is an old Permanent Under-Secretary who's after the young women of the Ministry, especially Ms. Daphney Bentwater from the typing pool.
- Amazingly, one NPC manages it: Innocent-MAN's name saves him from being terminated as a traitor (due to a bug in the justice software), his mutant power of regeneration saves him from being killed accidentally, then the "dirty" part finally kicks in after The Computer crashes and lots of clones stop getting dosed with hormone suppressants.
- High Programmers have the clearance to learn about the significance of sex, the authority to go off hormones and build their own harems, and the power and security to age enough to count as "old." As such, you'll probably run into quite a few of these guys if you ever have to deal with anyone at Ultraviolet clearance.
- When Paizo Publishing ran a caption competition for this piece of artwork◊ for Pathfinder, a number of entries made Ezren (the old wizard reclining in the background) to be the real perv through the use of scrying spells, despite the more obvious target of Valeros (the fighter guy in the pool).
- Codifier Togan from Soda Pop Miniatures's Relic Knights series is their iconic dirty old man. He's banned from ships, stations, and several planets. His miniature depicts him reaching out to pinch his Doctrine scribe Cecillia's backside, and the concept art goes a step farther (he's actually pinching her there).
- Kapp'n, the boat rower/driver from the Animal Crossing games, has a tendency to flirt with female characters, especially in his City Folk incarnation as a bus driver. He genuinely complements them frequently, however, so he comes off as more charming than creepy. Usually.
- Bloodborne has Gehrman, the Eccentric Mentor of the hunters. He has a book called "How to pick up Fair Maidens" in his workshop, and the way how he told you to "use the doll" falls into this trope. If you explored the Astral Clocktower, you can find Gehrman's very first victim of his curious mania: Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.
- Breath of Fire III has the Dragon Elder, who, to continue his exposition, asks for a cute girl. The way to progress is to bring Nina, but Hilarity Ensues should the player bring Momo (and Rei for a Funny Background Event) instead.
- Uncle Gamlen from Dragon Age II fits this trope to a tee. He frequents the city's brothel on a regular basis and, if Hawke is female and romances Isabela, he eagerly inquires what the sex is like.
Hawke: So I shouldn't slit my wrists and dance naked under the moonlight just to fit in?
- Orsino has shades of this in a conversation about blood mages with Snarky!Hawke.
Orsino: Well, if that's what's going to happen, perhaps I should come with you after all.
- In Fatal Fury 2 one of Mai Shiranui's mentors (the other being her grandfather) is Jubei Yamada (a playable character from the first game) who was definitely one of these; the fact that Mai herself is so, uh, well-endowed didn't help matters.
- Final Fantasy VI:
- Edgar Roni Figaro. Technically, he wasn't old (he was 27 during the events of the game), but he was implied to have an attraction to Relm Arowny at one point (specifically, before leaving the town to track down Kefka and Gestahl for their betrayal, he mentions that Relm has another eight years to go and that he hopes that she's still around by then), who at that time was 10 years old and most likely young enough to be his daughter.
- Ultros. He attempts to grope Terra and flirts with Relm, to the point where she's able to save the party from him by charming him into letting her paint his portrait.
- NOT Played for Laughs in Fire Emblem 3, where Lang and his troops take all the young and pretty girls from Grust away and it's all but stated that they'll be either raped and killed, or made sex slaves.
Villager: This country no longer has any young girls. The imperial soldiers took them all away. Especially beautiful girls, who were all taken by General Lang. What kind of world has this become?
Maillesia (to Marth): "I have already become of age... But, my grandmother lied for me so the soldiers wouldn’t take me away. Well, I know if I stay here I will eventually be discovered and captured by the imperial soldiers. Lang’s soldiers are like beasts!"
- Johnny from Guilty Gear, who while not exactly old, keeps only young (and often underage) women around as his crew (except maybe the fat cook). He also hits on Bridget, who is definitely not legal (or female, but that's another story). Baiken even calls Johnny a dirty old man in her pre-fight introduction.
- Father Salade in La Pucelle Tactics. Shortly into the game, it's found out that he suggested the two female leads' costumes, including a "micro-mini under your robe" for Alouette. He's found out when the two girls compare notes.
- Doctor Wilbur Feels in Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest.
- I'll not be examined by Dr. Feels, thanks. Ew.
- In L.A. Noire, a case where you play as secondary character Jack Kelso has you walk in on a person of interest, Curtis Benson (who is 52 years old) engaged in sexual activity with a young woman who reveals to Jack that she's 12 years old. Jack is appalled, though Curtis is not ashamed of his actions.
- Vaati from The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. He is a hundred year old eyeball monster, yet the manual says his only motive is kidnapping any young girl that takes his fancy.
- One video from the Secret Theater in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater portrays The End as such.
- Lollipop Chainsaw: Junji Morikawa's hobbies are listed as: karate, Kama Sutra, collecting womens' underwear.
- Most of the older men in Metal Gear Solid can come off as Dirty Old Men... mostly because Hideo Kojima is a dirty middle-aged man.
- Volgin from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater was possibly portrayed as such in addition to Depraved Bisexual, as Volgin, according to character sheets, was in his fifties at the time of the game, and one of his lovers, Raikov, was either in his twenties or in his very late teenaged years. EVA/Tatyana was also around her late twenties.
- Professor Theo from Mischief Makers, who often attempts to grope Marina after he's been rescued. He also seems pleasantly surprised when Marina turns human in the secret ending.
- MOTHER 3 has Mike, an elderly resident of Tazmily Village. It's more or less an offhand comment in that particular instance, and doesn't come up again.
- Lucaim Nav◊ of Phantasy Star Universe definitely qualifies as this. He's a 200 year old CAST (robot) who is always trying to cop a feel of some helpless young woman's behind. This is made funnier in the final story mission by the fact your party has just infiltrated the giant HIVE planet Rykros housing the final confinement system and getting into a deep discussion about the true nature of the SEED, the planet itself, and the evil entity known as Dark Falz. Cut to a scene of Nav trying to grab President Laia's ass to "lighten up the mood" right after the end of the discussion.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations has Victor Kudo. He has a thing for maid outfits.
- Justice For All has Dr. Hickfield, who likes "examining" pretty girls and claims his speciality to be in "young, silky-smooth hottie patients".
- In Pokémon Red and Blue and their remakes, there's this old dude peering into the windows of the Celadon Gym. Game Freak got a little too carried away with the sexual references.
Old Man: Heheh....This GYM is great! It's full of women!
Old Man: Heheh... This Gym is great! It's full of strong Trainers!
- He had the above line in both the original Pokémon Red and Blue, the remakes FireRed and LeafGreen, and the original Pokémon Gold and Silver, but apparently someone complained as the line was removed in the remakes HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- The Melee Island storekeeper from The Secret of Monkey Island is revealed to be one when Guybrush eavesdrops on his conversation with Carla the Sword Master.
- In Sexy Parodius, an aged Takosuke has become a dirty old octopus.
- This is how the Tinkerer is portrayed in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. The price he demands to build a symbiote-killing sonic bomb includes large sums of money and "this girl from my favourite tool catalogue".
- Clemente in Tales of Destiny towards Philia. He picks her to be his master specifically because she's a beautiful young lady, and tries to get her to make sexy poses when casting magic.
- Raven from Tales of Vesperia is a younger one, being 35, and is of the Loveable Rogue sort, tolerated by everyone in the group except for Rita, who smacks him or blasts him with magic almost any time he says or does something pervy. He's even referred to as the trope title on multiple occasions.
- Victor "Sully" Sullivan from Uncharted is this. His behavior is frequently lampshaded.
- Yo-Jin-Bo has your old attendant, Yahei, who is revealed in Mon-Mon's Good ending to enjoy spying on Hatsuhime in the bath. In that game, All Men Are Perverts...
- Augus from Asura's Wrath, who states he has had Carnal Knowledge of the fairest maidens in heaven. Overlaps this with Cool Old Guy, Old Master, and Eccentric Mentor.
- Tomb Raider: Lara Croft's butler Winston, who appears in some of the newer games, seems to fit the Trope. When Lara is at home, he follows her everywhere, even when she tries to shower. (Why she hasn't fired him by now is anyone's guess.) Want to shoot him? You can try, but he'll block it with his tray, and that won't make him get the hint. (There is one way to get him off her case, if you know the "fridge trick", but it's not easy to do.)
- In Virtue's Last Reward, Tenmyouji openly discusses "Grandpa Videos" and "Erotic Units" with Quark. Sigma also comes across as one to the other players, but he's a 22-year-old college student in the body of an old man.
- Sensei Greg, anime martial arts teacher of El Goonish Shive, is notably not a dirty old man. He does point it out, though.
"Alas, it is my greatest shame as an anime martial arts instructor that I am neither an old man nor a pervert!"
- In Blooming Faeries the court wizard is definitely this and it shows in quite a few ways.
- In Homestuck, Jade's grandfather - who, at the time the comic takes place, is ninety-nine years old, collects photos of women from beauty parlours. This isn't as touched upon in favour of his Badass Grandpa traits, but several characters comment on it as being creepy.
- The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob! has Mr. Dirtygeezer, a little old guy in a cowboy hat who buys naughty magazines at Bob's newsstand.
- Many of the customers encountered in Mike Bookseller are this, much to the staff's displeasure.
- The Order of the Stick:
- Tarquin. He's been married nine times, every time to women who are much younger and very pretty, and that doesn't necessarily keep his attention off other women. They have very little to say in the matter; Julio has made a habit of rescuing Tarquin's lady victims whenever he can.
- Roy's deceased father Eugene. He uses his ability to watch events in the world of the living from Fluffy Cloud Heaven to spy on Haley in the shower, and hooks up with fellow oathspirits (people who died before fulfilling a blood oath and thus are barred from the actual afterlife until one of their descendants fulfills it for them), because he doesn't really have much else to do. (And because marital vows are null and void after you die).
- Eldon, better known as DOM even by his adventuring companions, from Planescape Survival Guide.
- Dr. Schlock from Sluggy Freelance.
- The Yellow Guy's dad from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared is extremely creepy and sketchy, saying nothing and only staring at the viewer with dead eyes. He's later shown viewing what appears to be a heavily-pixellated porn site.
- Wise from The LeBrons. "All them young girls around here showing their skin!"
- Pete the Puppet: Pete, despite apparently being deeply conservative and looking down on young people sleeping around all the time, certainly has his more perverted moments. It's also implied in another episode that he used to go to some sort of bizarre sex show involving children when he was younger (in his twenties or thirties).
- And then there's the kissing booth incident.
- Pokemon Pals: Apparently, the group ran into one of these offscreen. Misty says that will likely be what Brock is like when he is old.
- Danya, the Big Bad of Survival of the Fittest, can smack of this at times, and very often it overlaps with Nightmare Fetishist, since usually it involves commentary about the female students in the game. Granted, one could say that he is hoping for Fanservice for the ratings, but sometimes, you have to wonder...
- There is one mentioned in the first chapter of Twisted Cogs, but this is mostly averted since most old men act professional and deserving of respect.
- Yugi's grandpa, Solomon Muto from LittleKuriboh's Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series. He's rather pervy (groping Tea), and then there's his 'relationship' with the Black Luster Soldier .
GRANDPA: Please stop! I thought you were my grandson.
TEA: Is that why you were trying to grope me?
GRANDPA: If I said "yes", would it make this situation any less awkward?
- -> GRANDPA: (While stroking poster) Oh Black Luster Soldier, no one must know of our forbidden love.
- SCP-106 gives off the feel of one due to his preference for attacking people in the 10-25 age bracket. Suffice to say this isn't even the creepiest thing about him.
- Since near everyone in Ranma 1/2 Abridged is depraved, any character sufficiently old enough would come under this, but Soun Tendo gets special mention. He is very fond of finding himself in situations embracing the girl version of Ranma.
Soun: I feel so shoutacon right now.
- The Most Popular Girls in School has Bridget Tice's 48 year old manager at Pizza Street.
- 1894 French cartoon Autour d'une cabine features a dirty old man peeping at a young lady as she changes into a swimming suit in a beach hut.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Iroh is usually well-behaved, but is not above a compliment or two for a pretty woman – or a not-so-pretty woman if he thinks it will get him preferential treatment. However, when June and Zuko are paralyzed by her Shirshu and June is thrown atop him, he doesn't move, even though Zuko points out the Shirshu didn't get him. He smiles, and June gives a quick look of outrage. She later refers to him as Zuko's "creepy grandpa."
- Family Guy:
- Glenn Quagmire is the most prominent example of not only being a dirty old man, but being hypersexual in the process. At age 61, despite looking half as old, he frequently indulges in sexual fetishes (from frotteurism and erotic asphyxiation to zoophilia and incest and necrophilia) and strikes up conversations with women less than half his age (with many of them in high school) with the obvious goal of having sex with them. In "Peter Griffin: Husband, Father, Brother?", he finds a bound and gagged high school cheerleader in a bathroom stall, and proclaims, "Dear Diary: Jackpot!".
- Herbert, the elderly pedophile shows up from time to time just to say creepy stuff in his distinctive voice, usually to an unwary – or perhaps wary – Chris Griffin. Like the "Greased-up Deaf Guy", he was a one note gag character that was simply too offensively funny to not bring back. He'd never be funny if he wasn't so old and feeble.
- Cotton Hill from King of the Hill would take any opportunity to grab or slap a young woman's butt, he regularly visits strip joints to gawk at and flirt with the women, and he married a woman about 30 years younger than him.
- One episode of Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero opens on Penn walking down a street while on a video call with his parents. After the conversation ends they get distracted, so Penn quickly reaches out to end the call — only to be stopped by a random old man.
Old Man: Whoa, slow down, I love this channel.
- Uncle Grandfather from Perfect Hair Forever is a parody of this trope.
- Popeye's dad, Poopdeck Pappy, was constantly flirting with women. Oddly enough, they often flirt back.
- Old Man Hunger from Ren and Stimpy is a strange, skinny and naked old man with a chicken drumstick leg on his head and a bandage on his butt. He can be found showing up randomly at inopportune moments for Ren and Stimpy.
- Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty is portrayed as this. It's first seen in the pilot where Rick spends a large amount of time having sex with beautiful women in another dimension, to the point where his portal gun has no charge left. In "Lawnmower dogs" Rick is seen to have a fetish for BDSM. In "Auto Erotic Assimilation" he makes a lot of rather bizarre sexual requests to Unity, including a giraffe and stands of men who remotely resemble his father.
- Rugrats: The fact that Grandpa Lou Pickles' personal favorite film is Lonely Space Vixens is enough evidence for him to be counted as one.
- South Park:
- Grandpa Marsh from has several Dirty Old Man moments in the episode "Quintuplets 2000", when a set of little girl quintuplets and their grandmother stay at Stan's house.
- In the episode Red Hot Catholic Love all the priests are proud paedophiles, who even wear altar boys on a leash.
- This happened accidentally on The Venture Bros. when Rusty slept with the 15 year old head of his fan club in his late 20's/early 30s (she said she was 20).
- The Ice King from Adventure Time spends most of his time spying on local princesses, plotting to kidnap and marry them. Then there's his attraction to Fionna, a fictional, aged-up, genderbent version of the little boy that keeps thwarting him. Of course, he's still completely senile, so he never seems to realize that girls aren't interested, marriage has sexual connotations, or that he's even old. This is because he was driven insane as a young man and became obsessed with finding his lost fiance.
- When The Old Man Of The Mountain meets Betty Boop, he starts flirting with her, and before long begins chasing her, apparently with the intent of raping her!