I can't keep burdening Lisa forever, but I do have a Happy Box and nice-bodied girls like Nan and Linda to keep me company, so I'm pretty happy in my own way. Nyahahahaha! Linda:
I'm sorry, Mike, but that's called sexual harassment these days. Mike:
This is a hard world we live in now. How disappointing.
Just what he sounds like - an older male character, usually unattractive in some way, who takes more than a passive delight in young women. Sometimes he limits himself to just talking dirty and propositioning cute girls, but sometimes he takes matters into his own hands, literally. He's not The Casanova
, nor is he necessarily trying to be — but he certainly won't complain if things work out that way for him.
The "old" part of his description is mostly relative to the girls he accosts — a creepy thirty-something teacher eying his junior high school students is no less a Dirty Old Man than a geezer in his sixties pinching the bottoms of housewives in the supermarket, though it's worth bearing out that a younger Dirty Old Man's behavior is going to be seen as a good deal less
harmless than that of his hoary-headed counterparts. Probably because a Dirty Old
Man is supposedly less likely to chase his victims, or force worse things upon them.
When played for comedy he is either a disgusting pervert who gets beaten up
by the girls he assaults, or a delightful rogue
whom the girls tolerate. When played seriously, he's usually some variety of sexual predator or mistaken as such, and finds it hard to prove his innocence.
The character's personality will usually be at least a little sympathetic, with him as either an amusing clown character or a Mr. Vice Guy
. Only in the most serious stories will he be exposed for what he really is, or is supposed to be: a pathetic little man picking on smaller, weaker targets to make himself feel powerful
(which is often Truth in Television
). And of course, if he crosses the line into rape or something worse, all bets are off
In Britain, these characters are typically seen wearing brown mackintosh coats, which allow concealment of a certain activity, leading to them being referred to as "the dirty mac brigade." In the U.S., it has long been popular to depict this fellow traipsing around in a Conspicuous Trenchcoat
(often with the innuendo that he's wearing nothing but the coat
For an anime
variant which is somewhat less repulsive, see Lovable Sex Maniac
. Played sympathetically, this character is likely to fall under Chivalrous Pervert
Dirty Old Women
are not usually so frowned upon
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Go Nagai. Not just the characters he created, but the man himself.
- A good bunch of their characters also fit into the category: Count Brocken (If you attack him with a woman in Super Robot Wars Z2: Saisei-Hen, he'll make a comment about opening their (the mecha's) cockpits to see the beauties inside, and suddenly, a lot of ZEXIS girls will start calling him names), Dr. Kabuto (his Shin Mazinger Zero incarnation) and Professors Morimori, Sewashi and Nossori (in Mazinkaiser) from Mazinger Z, Danbei from Cutey Honey...
- Rei's grandfather in the original uncensored Sailor Moon anime. (In the manga, he wasn't.)
- Happousai in Ranma ˝, Panty Thief and groping, voyeuristic, sexual harasser, is the paradigm of dirty old men in anime. His perversion also gives him his power. He was so perverted that he actually chased away a ghost because he wouldn't stop harassing her.
- Kimura-sensei in Azumanga Daioh, who freely admits that the main reason he became a teacher is "Because I like high school girls, that's why!" Even though he already has a ridiculously cute waifu and daughter.
- Master Roshi/Kamesennin in Dragon Ball. Dr. Briefs is hinted to be one as his daughter comes across his hidden Porn Stash. Old Kaioshin is another, to the extent that Goku ropes him in by promising to let him fondle Bulma.
- Jiraiya in Naruto.
- What, and the Third Hokage isn't? Even Jiraiya is peeved when he finds out.
" Sarutobi-sensei, you're a perv!"
- Orochimaru also counts, seeing of how he seems to like to stroke children's faces, his obsession with Uchiha's Sharingon like Itachi or Sasuke, or even calling the latter 'beautiful' who is 16 years old for Pete's sake!
- Shunsui in Bleach. He is a decent sort, but to add to squick there is a massive age difference between him and Nanao, for whom he is frequently this trope. It would arguably be squicky even if they were the ages they appear.
- Tenchi's father Noboyuki is a walking example of this trope, even hitting on Ryoko while under the impression that she's Tenchi's fiancée. In the OVAs, Tenchi's grandfather Katshuhito has elements of this as well. Although the two are distantly related, one can't exactly say it runs in the family (Tenchi missed out on it altogether).
- Headmaster Osmond from Zero no Tsukaima, who enjoys using his mouse Familiar to look up his secretary's skirt...and then commenting on her choice of panties...On the pain of getting his ass kicked by her. He also uses a flying, magic-controlled hand to grope her... and get's this hand back in the face by her.
- Goei Harukawa is creepy enough in Moonlight Lady. The fact that he gratuitously spanks Suzuna after finding her in bed with a maid, scouts the villages for women for Kouichi, watches Kouichi enjoy those women, or even watch his own niece get gangbanged makes him a dirty old man if there ever was one.
- Soujirou Izumi from Lucky Star. When asked if he was a Lolicon, he protests the label, saying, "I like normal girls as well, so I am also a Lolicon".
- Albert Chamomile of Mahou Sensei Negima!, who, being a short-lived ermine, is an old man despite being younger than the ten-year-old main character, let alone the 14-year-old girls who make up most of the rest of the cast. Also, is a dirty old man despite being an ermine. Both he and author's notes refer to him as a dirty old man several times.
- Chamo is an "ermine spirit," whatever that means, so its quite possible that he's going to live much longer than normally expected.
- Jack Rakan also seems to fall into this on occasion. He greeted Asuna by poking her chest, and a manga chapter has him literally stealing the panties off one of his opponents.
- Another manga chapter takes this to new heights, with Chamo and Rakan actually defeating their hidden opponents by following the scent the above-mentioned pair of panties, and then defeating said opponents by repeatedly flipping up their skirts up until they conceded defeat. It later turns out that Jack actually has specific techniques for stealing panties and then blowing the skirts up, which he does to four enemies at once. These are the only techniques that he doesn't just make up on the spot. There's a good reason that he's in picture at Panty Thief.
- Professor Cat in Princess Tutu is a more chaste version of this trope. He doesn't appear to have any intentions of doing anything sexual to his students...but he threatens to force them to marry him if they slack off in their practice. He seems particularly intent on the main heroine, who is somewhere in the 12-14 range.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has two: Lord Genome who "created little dolls" to "play with" as a hobby, including his, ahem, daughter Nia. then seals them up in coffins and leaves them to die in a landfill when he gets bored. And then there is his armadillo sidekick Guane who quite literally goes Pedobear on Nia (poor girl!) at one point, feeling her up and basically propositioning her for sex in exchange for her life. Three if you count the Anti-Spiral King who tried to rape Nia at one point. It sucks to be a cute prepubescent girl in a world where apparently everyone got really skeevy because of the apocalypse...
- Generally averted in One Piece, in that most of the old men the crew meets are not dirty at all and generally deserving of respect. Later subverted in the form of Brook, a post-mortem dirty old man at (technically) age 88.
- Daisensei (a.k.a. Guru Lou) in Kyatto Ninden Teyandee (AKA Samurai Pizza Cats). His lecherous attitude was toned down in the SPC version.
- Master of Chinese Kenpo, Ma Kensei from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, is a shameless pervert. Among other things, he was introduced trying to secretly take dirty pictures of Shigure and deftly dodging the shuriken she threw in response.
- The Elder from Chrono Crusade.
- Ninin Ga Shinobuden gives us Onsokumaru, a Dirty Old Floating Yellow Ball thing.
- Somewhat subverted, as while Onsokumaru is incredibly perverted, he's actually only three years old.
- Ol' Sugoroku Mutou in Yu-Gi-Oh! At least, in the original version, anyway.
- Two or three bits of his lechery managed to go past the dub radar, though. Particularly his fascination with Vivian Wong.
- It was edited out in the dub, but this was also the case with Shuzo Otaki, one of the Big 5 (named Crump in the dub) and with him, it was obvious. He was clearly a pervert, so much that his intended target of Grand Theft Me was Anzu for this very demented reason. (He made some rather sexist comments towards Anzu and Dark Magician Girl too; DMG's reaction in the original version was very unsubtle.)
- Grandpa Rome of Axis Powers Hetalia talks a bit like this in this strip.
- Amesho in Free Collars Kingdom. But don't call him "old".
- This guy (he comes in about 4 minutes in) from the "Beauty and the Beach" episode of Pokémon. Look how he leers at Misty.
- Alder, Champion of the Unova League in Best Wishes, is currently looking like an older version of Brock, flirting with both Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. They all ignore that and focus on the fact that the Champion is right in front of them. Only Iris and Trip are disturbed by his behavior.
- Dr. McLaren from episode 7 of the Bubblegum Crisis OVA comes to Japan partly to work on a new Boomer design and partly to meet "geisha girls" and hookers. This became a big part of a plot to kidnap him.
- Olin from the Violinist of Hameln manga, to a truly incredible degree.
- Depraved Homosexual Earl Trancy from Black Butler II.
- In ...Virgin Love, Director Yonehara, a business partner, sexually harasses Kaoru at work.
- Makarov from Fairy Tail takes full advantage of the Power Perversion Potential that comes with having extendable arms. Also Wakaba.
- Claw from Kimba the White Lion. The first time he meet Kitty, a child, Claw asked her to be his "queen" when she becomes a little older.
- In Happy Yarou Wedding, Yuuhi suspects Todou is going to rape him when he first brings him to his house. His prediction turns out to be completely wrong but Yuuhi still considers him a Dirty Old Man anyways, if more affectionately.
- Touhou Fuhai from Rosario + Vampire, combined with being an otaku, and he is obsessed with 2D girls, because they last forever and would never betray him. That doesn't stop him from making Moka cosplay as Lum.
- A Certain Magical Index features Heaven Canceler, one of the most powerful men in Academy City, a doctor with surgical skills better than most supernatural equivalents. It seems like he originally became a doctor to pick up chicks.
Heaven Canceler: You've been hospitalized twice in the past ten days. Don't tell me you have a nurse fetish?
Touma: What are you talking about? Would I slice off my hand just for that?
Heaven Canceler: Oh. I thought I'd found a compatriot.
- In Kotoura-san, Haruka's grandfather seems to be much of a pervert as Manabe is, as evidenced by him making her sit on his lap, then bragging about it later to her friends.
- Iron Klaus's boss in From Eroica with Love is way too interested in Klaus's subordinate G
- Sensei Touga of 12 Beast. He gets very excited upon catching the "scent of a woman," has a ninja "dummy" that would not look out of place in an H-game, and uses his grandson's PSP to play a visual novel—in which he is trying to achieve the "Harem" ending.
- Subverted in Fullmetal Alchemist. Hohenheim is called this by the other characters after he says he'd rather group up with Lan Fan alone to monopolize her attention. In actuality, he intends to let her leave to go find her Love Interest while he fights the Big Bad alone.
- Belgian comic Violine, about a 10 year old girl who can read people's minds by staring into their eyes, has an encounter with one of these that appears to be played partially straight and partially for dark humor. Violine escapes from her school where she was accused of being a witch, and finds a random man driving by who offers her a ride. The man takes her away from the direction she told him she lived, however, and she gets suspicious. Staring into his eyes to read his mind, Violine sees an image of herself bound and gagged and looking up with pleading eyes while lying on a pillow. Angered and scared, she attempts to escape and crash his car.
- The Brazilian comic Holy Avenger has Talude, Maximum Master of magic. While demonstrating the art of (weak) enchantments, he makes a boy sit. When he goes to show the limitations he tries to makes a girl take her clothes.
- Ultimate Wolverine and Professor Xavier both fancy Jean, who in this universe is about eighteen or so. Urgh.
- It gets worse: in the main 616 continuity, it was revealed in about the 3rd or 4th issue (from the 60's) that Xavier was in love with Jean (it gets worse as a retcon revealed he had helped her with her powers since she was 12), although it was actually something of a throwaway joke about ALL the X-Men being in love with her. That particular plot point was dropped and forgotten about until the Onslaught saga when Jean was taken on a trip through Xavier's mind where she was exposed to that particular memory, freaking her out to no end.
- Wolverine also has a tendency to have semi-flirtatious relationships with girls a lot younger than even his apparent, never mind actual, age. Shadowcat, Jubilee, Rogue.
- Deathstroke the Terminator from Teen Titans. Especially during The Judas Contract arc.
- As many Batman fans could tell you, The Penguin can drift into this territory in his various incarnations.
- Burgess Meredith's depiction on the 1960s TV show was first out of the gate. In his 1994 autobiography, Adam West (who played Batman) noted that, even when the cameras weren't on, Meredith stayed in character and "cackled and muttered to himself... seemed to be searching for a behind to pinch." He also once told West: "What could be better than to have women smile at you and little kids shy away from you? It's the best of both worlds." (Yes, he really did say "both worlds.")
- Danny DeVito's portrayal of the Penguin in Batman Returns takes this Up to Eleven. He fondles a girl's breasts as he's pinning a button to her coat, rudely stares at a voluptuous woman's posterior for an excessive amount of time, sniffs Catwoman's spiked heel, and agrees to run for mayor only after learning that being mayor in Gotham City entitles one to "unlimited poontang."
- Even the original comic-book Penguin has gotten into the act a bit. In the 1990s, he stopped wearing his top hat (at least for a time) and made the transition to a Villain with Good Publicity, opening an Arctic-themed nightclub/casino called the Iceberg Lounge. Within this club he was regularly seen in the company of one young woman or another, each one just as dispensable as the next, who never did much of anything or even spoke, but were just there to make the Penguin look good; one comic cover had the Penguin posed like a Bond villain, surrounded by numerous of these scantily-clad females, all of them of different races. This carried over to the animated series, where the Penguin actually staffed his club exclusively with women and dressed them in a manner reminiscent of the Playboy Bunnies.
- Nagato from An Akatsukis Life. Well, he's not really an old man, but he sure looks like one.
- Gandalf has become one in Bag Enders.
- Phil, the Capricorn Pirates' gunner, in One Piece: Parallel Works.
- Professor Moriarty, of all people, in the twelfth episode of Children of Time. He has shown a measure of respect for eighteen-year-old Beth Lestrade, but, in a disturbing bargain for the lives of the heroes, he allows her to become his Sex Slave in all but name. When said heroes arrive to rescue Beth, Moriarty is fondling and petting her, presumably to hurt Holmes, but still...
- In the next season, his clone turns out to be something of a Stalker with a Crush towards the now-mid-20s Beth.
- In Code: Half Demon turns out, Odd, who thought it was a horror movie, accidently watched a movie about one and ended up disgusting Ulrich, but it was only mentioned.
Films — Animation
Films — Live Action
- Literally said about Mean Mr Mustard in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. As the Fembots sing his song Mustard first says accusingly "A DIRTY OLD MAN?" then proudly "Yesssss! A Dirrrty Old Mannnnnn!"
- Beetlejuice exhibits pretty much every quality required, being a disgusting pervert of a dead guy, with truly appalling hygiene, who is several hundred years old. Among other things, he grabs a woman's boobs and nearly succeeds in marrying a teenage girl - against her will.
- Patches O'Houlihan from Dodgeball
Patches: I got a couple'a hookers in my room, queerbag.
- Judge Turpin of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is an evil example of a Dirty Old Man played very seriously. Not only does he rape the title character's wife at a masked ball after having her husband "transported for life", but he also has a creepy Wife Husbandry plan for Sweeney's daughter Johanna, which doesn't work because Johanna hates him and has eyes for young sailor Anthony Hope.
- Uncle Willy in The Philadelphia Story, who pinches all the young ladies (including his niece).
- Reverse Lampshaded in A Hard Day's Night, where the first comment about Paul's grandfather was "Very Clean Old Man". It was a Running Gag through the film that everyone kept commenting how Clean he was. This doubles as Actor Allusion as he was played by the same actor who portrayed Steptoe (see below).
- Grandpa Hoover in Little Miss Sunshine is the quintessential Dirty Old Man.
Grandpa: Are you gettin' any?
Grandpa: You can tell me, Dwayne. Are you gettin' any?
Richard: Come on, please.
Grandpa: (Dwayne shakes his head) No? Jesus. You're what? Fifteen? My God, man!
Grandpa: You should be gettin' that young stuff.
Grandpa: That young stuff is the best stuff in the whole world.
Richard: Hey! Hey! Dad! That's enough! Stop it!
Grandpa: Will you kindly not interrupt me, Richard! See, right now you're jailbait, they're jailbait. It's perfect. I mean, you hit 18, man! You're talkin' about three to five.
- In the Tyler Perry movie Madea Goes To Jail, Madea's brother Joe invites a whole crowd of people over, many of which are dirty old people that harass her daughter Cora.
- Bad Grandpa Irving Zisman is a dirty old bastard. His first action after his wife dies is to head for the nearest Oriental Massage parlor.
- Jabba the Hutt, if interspecies "romances" count. He's about 700 years old when we see him in Return of the Jedi, and he loves molesting young females of smaller and supposedly weaker species.
- This trope is flirted with in The Next Karate Kid. Old Mr. Miyagi has taken on a young female pupil to replace Daniel LaRusso from the previous films, and in one scene he is shown entering a women's clothing store to buy a prom dress for her. Miyagi is obviously playing the role of grandfather; but since he and the girl are obviously not of the same blood, a TV viewer flipping through that scene might get the wrong idea.
- An elderly man in Florida had owned a large farm for years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some orange and peach trees. The pond was ideal for swimming , although he rarely did that anymore. One evening he decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket with which to bring back some fruit. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!" The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or to make you get out of the pond naked..." holding the bucket up he said, "...I'm here to feed the alligator."
- An old man enters the confessional. "Father, I have sinned... For my sixty-second birthday, I went to a bar where I picked up two young women, and had sex with both of them three times over the next day." "I see. How long has it been since you confessed yourself?" "This is my first time, I've been an atheist all my life." "What? But... Why are you telling me this?" "Are you kidding? I'm telling everybody!!!"
Live Action TV
- Benjamin Franklin in John Adams, wherein the relatively prudish Adams is horrified by Franklin's behavior (particularly in Paris) and gets the shock of his life when he sees Franklin in a bathtub playing chess with Madame Helvétius. On the other hand, the audience is laughing.
- George Bluth, Sr. from Arrested Development. He once asked a group of dolls which of them wanted to take their shirt off. Granted, he was a little stir crazy at the time...
- Agravaine, who is fascinated with both Morgana and Guinevere in the creepiest way possible. He's already picked up a Fan Nickname: "Uncle Creeper."
- Also joked about in season 1 in reference to Gaius. When it appears that Merlin is dying, Gaius hugs a crying Gwen to comfort her. Merlin picks that moment to wake up and say "That's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're old enough to be her grandfather."
- Jackson Gibbs, father of Leeroy Jethro Gibbs in NCIS hits on both Ziva and Abby in the first episode he's in, to their mild amusement and Gibbs's silent embarrassment.
- In Smallville, Lionel Luthor shows signs of this when he is not busy over some Evil Plan. He doesn't bother to hide it when he is in Clark's body.
- Max Weinberg (also the drummer of the E Street Band) is portrayed as this on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, as well as on the latter's run on The Tonight Show.
- Patrick Stewart is portrayed this way in Extras.
Patrick Stewart: So in my film, I play a man who controls the world with his mind.
Andy Millman: Right. Oh, that's interesting.
Patrick Stewart: Yeah. For instance, I'm walking along, and I see this beautiful girl, and I think I'd like to see her naked, and so all her clothes fall off.
Andy Millman: All her - clothes fall off?
Patrick Stewart: Yes, and she's scrabbling around to get them back on again, but even before she can get her knickers on, I've seen everything. Yeah. I've seen it all.
- King Henry II of France in Reign, who not only has a mistress but in the first episode hits on, successfully, one of his future daughter-in-laws' handmaidens.
- The Beatles's Mean Mister Mustard, who yells obscene things at the Queen and is described in the lyrics as "a dirty old man".
- The Jethro Tull song Aqualung portrays two sides of one of these characters.
- And Pearl Jam's "tribute" to that song, Even Flow.
- KISS' Christine Sixteen.
- An even better (worse?) example is "Goin' Blind", where there's a 77-year age difference between an old man and his girlfriend.
- Serge Gainsbourg. See his song "Lemon Incest" or the album Histoire de Melody Nelson. Or his alter-ego, Gainsbarre.
- Queen: "Great King Rat was a dirty old man and a dirty old man was he."
- D.I.N.O.$.A.U.R. by Ke$ha. "You're just an old man, hittin' on me. What? You need a CAT scan!"
- Pussy Walk by Iggy Pop.
- This is one possible interpretation of The Stranglers' Peaches.
- The Veronicas have a song called Lolita about this power play.
- Seemingly, Mr Moore from Royal Republic's 'Underwear'. "I can see your underwear/from down here!"
- Oingo Boingo's "Nothing to Fear": "Won't you let me buy you candy? / Or perhaps a chocolate shake? / Or perhaps some nice cocaine?"
- The Beach Boys quite a bit in the late Seventies. "Roller Skating Child," "Lazy Lizzy," and God forbid, the original, unreleased version of "Hey Little Tomboy." *shudders*
- The Fugs' "Dirty Old Man" is a surprisingly lecherous one considering the song was released in 1966.
Mythology and Religion
- Merlin. Makes sense since his father was apparently an incubus. His lust for young maidens even leads to his downfall thanks to Nimue.
- Ric Flair has lived this trope at least since 2002, when he returned to WWE (and much later moved on to TNA) after having apparently lost his final match to Sting on the very last episode of WCW Monday Nitro in March 2001. (He was well over 50 years old by that point and quickly became Triple H's lackey in Evolution, and everyone believed that he was not only well past his prime but thoroughly washed up; how wrong we all were.) Out of countless instances of his being a Dirty Old Man during these years, a few stand out.
- At TNA's Bound For Glory event in 2010, Flair and the other members of his "Fortune" stable (playfully) threatened to gang-rape backstage interviewer Christy Hemme; oddly, Hemme herself seemed to find the joke funny.
- Then there was the night on Monday Night Raw in 2004 when Flair, Stacy Keibler, and several other Superstars were competing in a game of musical chairs for the prize of Number One Contendership to the World Heavyweight Championship. (Cloudcuckoolander Eugene was Guest General Manager for the night, and the game was completely his idea, although that in itself doesn't really explain anything.) Flair managed to survive halfway through, but then when Keibler beat him to the final chair in the next round, he grabbed her, lifted her bodily out of the chair, and sat down in the chair with Keibler in his lap, child-molester style, to make the referee think he'd gotten there first. Everybody just laughed and Flair was dismissed without incident; even Keibler herself seemed flattered by the attention she was getting. (In case you're wondering, by the way, the musical-chairs winner ended up being Chris Jericho.)
- Perhaps the most notorious example is when the heel tag team Deuce & Domino were looking for Domino's sister, Cherry. They finally saw her emerge from a closet in the hallway...and then, seconds later, Flair emerged from the closet as well! Yes: assuming Cherry really was as young as she looked (about 16 or 17, one would guess), Ric Flair committed offstage statutory rape just for the fun of it.
- Vince McMahon, who would often boast of his sexual prowess and had several on-screen affairs with girls a fraction of his age like Trish Stratus and Candice Michelle.
- When Ken Shamrock was 35, he was booked with 19-year old Alicia Webb who played his little sister, Ryan. They eventually became involved offscreen, and Ken's marriage broke up as a result.
- Amazingly, one NPC manages it: Innocent-MAN's name saves him from being terminated as a traitor (due to a bug in the justice software), his mutant power of regeneration saves him from being killed accidentally, then the "dirty" part finally kicks in after The Computer crashes and lots of clones stop getting dosed with hormone suppressants.
- High Programmers have the clearance to learn about the significance of sex, the authority to go off hormones and build their own harems, and the power and security to age enough to count as "old." As such, you'll probably run into quite a few of these guys if you ever have to deal with anyone at Ultraviolet clearance.
- When Paizo Publishing ran a caption competition for this piece of artwork◊ for Pathfinder, a number of entries made Ezren (the old wizard reclining in the background) to be the real perv through the use of scrying spells, despite the more obvious target of Valeros (the fighter guy in the pool).
- Codifier Togan from Soda Pop Miniatures's Relic Knights series is their iconic dirty old man. He's banned from ships, stations, and several planets. His miniature depicts him reaching out to pinch his Doctrine scribe Cecillia's backside, and the concept art goes a step farther (he's actually pinching her there).
- Father Salade in La Pucelle Tactics. Shortly into the game, it's found out that he suggested the two female leads' costumes, including a "micro-mini under your robe" for Alouette. He's found out when the two girls compare notes.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations has Victor Kudo. He has a thing for maid outfits.
- Victor "Sully" Sullivan from Uncharted is this. His behavior is frequently lampshaded.
- Doctor Wilbur Feels in Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest.
- I'll not be examined by Dr. Feels, thanks. Ew.
- Vaati from The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. He is a hundred year old eyeball monster, yet the manual says his only motive is kidnapping any young girl that takes his fancy.
- Let's hope that he didn't pick that up from his teacher, because this would bring some unfortunate implications regarding the latter's relationship to a certain little boy...
- Kapp'n, the boat rower/driver from the Animal Crossing games, has a tendency to flirt with female characters, especially in his City Folk incarnation as a bus driver. He genuinely complements them frequently, however, so he comes off as more charming than creepy. Usually.
- Raven from Tales of Vesperia is a younger one, being 35, and is of the Loveable Rogue sort, tolerated by everyone in the group except for Rita, who smacks him or blasts him with magic almost any time he says or does something pervy. The only girl in the group he targets, however, is Judith, who seems to enjoy teasing him. He's even referred to as the trope title on multiple occasions.
- In Pokémon Red and Blue and their remakes, there's this old dude peering into the windows of the Celadon Gym. Game Freak got a little too carried away with the sexual references.
Old Man: Heheh....This GYM is great! It's full of women!
- He had the above line in both the original Pokémon Red and Blue, the remakes FireRed and LeafGreen, and the original Pokémon Gold and Silver, but apparently someone complained as the line was removed in the remakes HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Old Man: Heheh... This Gym is great! It's full of strong Trainers!
- One video from the Secret Theater in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater portrays The End as such.
- Most of the older men in Metal Gear Solid can come off as Dirty Old Men... mostly because Hideo Kojima is a dirty middle-aged man.
- Volgin from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater was possibly portrayed as such in addition to Depraved Bisexual, as Volgin, according to character sheets, was in his fifties at the time of the game, and one of his lovers, Raikov, was either in his twenties or in his very late teenaged years. EVA/Tatyana was also around her late twenties.
- Yo-Jin-Bo has your old attendant, Yahei, who is revealed in Mon-Mon's Good ending to enjoy spying on Hatsuhime in the bath. Of course, in that game, All Men Are Perverts...
- Lucaim Nav◊ of Phantasy Star Universe definitely qualifies as this. He's a 200 year old CAST (robot) who is always trying to cop a feel of some helpless young woman's behind. This is made funnier in the final story mission by the fact your entire party has just infiltrated the giant HIVE planet Rykros housing the final confinement system and getting into a deep discussion about the true nature of the SEED, the planet itself, and the evil entity known as Dark Falz. Cut to a scene of Nav trying to grab President Laia's ass to "lighten up the mood" right after the end of the discussion.
- Final Fantasy VI: Edgar Roni Figaro. Technically, he wasn't old (he was 27 during the events of the game), but he was implied to have an attraction to Relm Arowny at one point (specifically, before leaving the town to track down Kefka and Gestahl for their betrayal, he mentions that Relm has another eight years to go and that he hopes that she's still around by then), who at that time was 10 years old and most likely young enough to be his daughter.
- Johnny from Guilty Gear, who while not exactly old, keeps only young (and often underage) women around as his crew (except maybe the fat cook). He also hits on Bridget, who is definitely not legal (or female, but that's another story). Baiken even calls Johnny a dirty old man in her pre-fight introduction.
- This is how the Tinkerer is portrayed in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. The price he demands to build a symbiote-killing sonic bomb includes large sums of money and "this girl from my favourite tool catalogue".
- Very much NOT Played for Laughs in Fire Emblem 3, where Lang and his troops pretty much take all the young and pretty girls from Grust away and it's all but stated that they'll be either raped and killed, or made sex slaves.
Villager: This country no longer has any young girls. The imperial soldiers took them all away. Especially beautiful girls, who were all taken by General Lang. What kind of world has this become?
Maillesia (to Marth): "I have already become of age... But, my grandmother lied for me so the soldiers wouldn’t take me away. Well, I know if I stay here I will eventually be discovered and captured by the imperial soldiers. Lang’s soldiers are like beasts!"
- Uncle Gamlen from Dragon Age II fits this trope to a tee. He frequents the city's brothel on a regular basis and, if Hawke is female and romances Isabela, he eagerly inquires what the sex is like.
- Orsino has shades of this in a conversation about blood mages with Snarky!Hawke.
Hawke: So I shouldn't slit my wrists and dance naked under the moonlight just to fit in?
Orsino: Well, if that's what's going to happen, perhaps I should come with you after all.
- As quoted above MOTHER 3 has Mike, an elderly resident of Tazmily Village. It's more or less an offhand comment in that particular instance, and doesn't come up again.
- Augus from Asura's Wrath, who states he has had Carnal Knowledge of the fairest maidens in heaven. Overlaps this with Cool Old Guy, Old Master, and Eccentric Mentor.
- In Sexy Parodius, an aged Takosuke has become a dirty old octopus.
- Lollipop Chainsaw: Junji Morikawa's hobbies are listed as: karate, Kama Sutra, collecting womens' underwear.
- In Virtue's Last Reward, Tenmyouji openly discusses "Grandpa Videos" and "Erotic Units" with Quark. Sigma also comes across as one to the other players, but he's a 22-year-old college student in the body of an old man.
- Breath of Fire III has the Dragon Elder, who, to continue his exposition, asks for a cute girl. The way to progress is to bring Nina, but Hilarity Ensues should the player bring Momo (and Rei for a Funny Background Event) instead.
- The Melee Island storekeeper from The Secret of Monkey Island is revealed to be one when Guybrush eavesdrops on his conversation with Carla the Sword Master.
- Pete the Puppet: Pete, despite apparently being deeply conservative and looking down on young people sleeping around all the time, certainly has his more perverted moments. It's also implied in another episode that he used to go to some sort of bizarre sex show involving children when he was younger (in his twenties or thirties).
- Yugi's grandpa, Solomon Muto from LittleKuriboh's Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series. He's rather pervy (groping Tea), and then there's his 'relationship' with the Black Luster Soldier .
GRANDPA: Please stop! I thought you were my grandson.
TEA: Is that why you were trying to grope me?
If I said "yes", would it make this situation any less awkward?
- -> GRANDPA: (While stroking poster) Oh Black Luster Soldier, no one must know of our forbidden love.
- Danya, the Big Bad of Survival of the Fittest, can smack of this at times, and very often it overlaps with Nightmare Fetishist, since usually it involves commentary about the female students in the game. Granted, one could say that he is hoping for Fanservice for the ratings, but sometimes, you have to wonder...
- SCP-106 gives off the feel of one due to his preference for attacking people in the 10-25 age bracket. Suffice to say this isn't even the creepiest thing about him.
- Wise from web-only animated series The LeBrons. "All them young girls around here showing their skin!"
- Uncle Grandfather from Perfect Hair Forever is a parody of this trope.
- Old Man Hunger from Ren and Stimpy, Old Man Hunger is a strange, skinny and naked old man with a chicken drumstick leg on his head and a bandage on his butt. He can be found showing up randomly at inopportune moments for Ren and Stimpy.
- Family Guy: Has several in its main cast:
- Popeye's dad, Poopdeck Pappy, was constantly flirting with women. In a subversion, they often flirt back.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender : Iroh is usually well-behaved, but is not above a compliment or two for a pretty woman – or a not-so-pretty woman if he thinks it will get him preferential treatment. However, when June and Zuko are paralyzed by her Shirshu and June is thrown atop him, he doesn't move, even though Zuko points out the Shirshu didn't get him. He smiles, and June gives a quick look of outrage.
- Grandpa Marsh from South Park has several Dirty Old man moments in the episode "Quintuplets 2000", when a set of little girl quintuplets and their grandmother stay at Stan's house.
- This happened accidentally on The Venture Bros. when Rusty slept with the 15 year old head of his fan club in his late 20's/early 30s (She said she was 20). YMMV depending on your views of statutory rape (yes, it's only ten years, but in the wrong direction), though he was generally called this on the message boards.
- Cotton Hill from King of the Hill would take any opportunity to grab or slap a young woman's butt, he regularly visits strip joints to gawk at and flirt with the women, and he married a woman about 30 years younger than him.
- It should be noted that the butt-slapping is just his (really rude) way of getting attention from waitresses in diners when he wants service. ("Hey, howsabout bringing us some sammiches!")
- Ice King from Adventure Time, whose goal in life is to kidnap princesses in order to choose a potential wife. And yes, this is a kid's show.
- In his defence, he became the insane princess-kidnapper due to his crown artificially aging him and driving him mad when he was in his twenties. He probably still thinks he's an attractive 20-something, and generally avoids going after underage princesses. Usually.
- In one episode where Princess Bubblegum gets de-aged (it's complicated), he appears to be pretty squicked out by it and leaves when he discovers she's now effectively 13. So he's not actually a pedophile, though he certainly prefers his princesses on the young-ish side (Bubblegum is normally around 18, at or above consent age almost everywhere).
- The fact that Grandpa Lou Pickles' personal favorite film is Lonely Space Vixens is enough evidence for him to be counted as one.
- He only dates women close to his age though.