You want to get off me, or are you just getting comfortable?
When a man and a woman fall in close proximity and wind up in a sexually suggestive position. The guy finds himself in Marshmallow Hell
, or the girl lands sitting on his face. It could even result in an Accidental Kiss
. The lighter versions will just end with the guy copping a feel
Needless to say, this trope is particularly
likely to affect the Accidental Pervert
Regardless of the circumstances, nine and a half times out of ten the girl will act like it was deliberate — usually that means screaming "Pervert!" and slapping him.
On the other hand, she might tease him for it
, welcome the advance
or remark on his "boldness".
It mostly depends on what kind of girl she is.
If someone walks in on them, Not What It Looks Like
is all but inevitable.
A staple of Harem Anime
of Crash into Hello
. Thanks for the Mammary
and Funbag Airbag
are Sub Tropes
The more serious and romantic Sister Trope
is Literally Falling In Love
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In the 2003 anime version of Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward tackles the thief Psiren in an attempt to subdue her. Not only did they land in a rather suggestive position, but he accidentally groped her boob.
- In Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, when Yuuto pushes Shiina out of the way of a falling sign, they wind up in a lewd position with an Accidental Kiss on top of it — just in time for Haruka to walk through the door.
- Several times in Love Hina.
- Also happens in Mahou Sensei Negima!. Ken Akamatsu is a big fan of this trope.
- Subverted in FLCL where it looks like Naota and Ninamori are about to have a collision kiss, but instead their foreheads collide violently with each other. Then again, like just about everything in FLCL, foreheads are often used as metaphors for sexual organs.
- Code Geass: Kallen falls over Lelouch in a suggestive position, lampshading their uncertain relationship.
- In another episode, Suzaku ends up falling on top of Shirley. However, in this case it is treated as a total accident by both parties, there is no Ship Tease involved, and nobody walks in to find them in this position, so its only relevance for their respective characters is, perhaps, that it emphasises that they are simply good enough (platonic) friends for it not to be a problem.
- A few times in Vandread. Hibiki walks off, then accidentally bumps his face into Jura's breasts. Happens again in the cockpit of Vandread Jura where both pilots fall over in fatigue (Hibiki keels over first, then Jura falls over him, boobs on his head). Then Hibiki climbs up a ladder quickly and accidentally smooshes his face into Dita's behind.
- In Maison Ikkoku, Yusaku accidently kisses Kyoko when she falls from a ladder trying to replace a lightbulb.
- In Neon Genesis Evangelion, there is an incident where Shinji Ikari falls with Rei Ayanami, causing him to land on top of her, with one hand on her breast. Being an Emotionless Girl, she doesn't react in any way.
- It's played for awkwardness rather than comedy; the entire time, Rei is completely naked.
- In the aftermath of a battle, Shinji and Asuka find that their Evas have run out of power and collapsed in a very suggestive position. Asuka immediately blames Shinji and calls him a perv while accusing his Eva of molesting hers.
- Happens in Rosario To Vampire at the end of a fight between Kurumu and Mizore's Hot Moms (named Ageha and Tsurara, respectively). In an attempt to break the fight up, Tsukune is thrown at the two women — and lands in a very awkward position where his face is between Tsurara's legs and his hand is grabbing Ageha's chest.
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Haruhi has her First Kiss when slipping on a banana-peel, directly into the face of a pretty girl.
- Tamaki ends up falling on her in a very suggestive position just as her father walks in.
- Happens twice in Hanaukyō Maid Tai La Vérité episode 7. The first time was after an earthquake, Taro ends up lying face down on Mariel. The second was when the puppy Fenrir jumps on Taro and knocks him down, causing him to fall face down on top of Mariel again. They end up in an Almost Kiss.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: Happens to Joey and Mai in the episode "Lights, Camera, Duel." Played with though, in that Mai fell on top of him because he was catching her as she fell from a dangerous height—and instead of going for the pervert-slap, Mai thanks him for saving her and calls him an "action hero".
- In the episode which introduces Priscilla in GUN×SWORD, she pulls Van out of the way of a collision with a rolling object, only to end up sitting on him in a very sexual looking position.
- H2O: Footprints in the Sand has the rare facesitting variation. With two different girls, in fact.
- Sister Princess has quite a lot of moments of Wataru and a couple of his sisters falling accidentally (and otherwise on top of each other, ending up in very explicit positions.
- Rito from To Love-Ru is seemingly incapable of walking in close proximity with a girl without having this happen. One time Yui even tried to avert this as she's well aware of his tendency for this, which naturally ended in her being the cause of the inevitable collision.
- Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker features one of these collisions between Galyan and Cassandra as they flee from the Seekers while chained together. Galyan earns a smack when he jokes about it.
- Played with twice in Midori Days.
- In Märchen Awakens Romance, when Princess Snow thaws out, she falls into Ginta and they kiss. This was the First Kiss for both of them. She's also physically identical to Ginta's girlfriend because they're two halves of the same whole.
- Young Avengers - during the battle with Kang, Eli tackles Kate out of the way of an energy blast and ends up on top of her. They talk about how this makes them even for Kate saving him earlier, neither of them in any apparent hurry to get up until their teammates snap them out of it.
Films — Animated
Films — Live-Action
- In the James Bond game Nightfire, Bond and the current Bond Girl fall out of a damaged ski lift and Bond lands on top. When the girl asks why he always lands on top, Bond replies, "Lower center of gravity?"
- Grandia III has a scene like this with the two main characters.
- Skies of Arcadia: Legends: Happens during the escape from Dangral Island, when Vyse leaps from the monorail, just as it collapses from beneath him, and lands on top of Aika. They not only remain in said position, Aika's gaze is set squarely on Vyse the entire time, and she doesn't object.
- Riviera: The Promised Land, Cierra's first meeting with Ein is by landing on his face. If you choose the certain choice afterward, every other girl agree that Ein is a pervert and lose some love points.
- In Devil Survivor 2, the first time you use the Terminal, you have a minor Teleporter Accident and wind up several feet in the air. The player character lands first and falls flat, while Makoto and Otome end up sitting on his face and hips. Makoto falls into the usual Accidental Pervert reaction mode, before realizing he clearly didn't do that on purpose, while Otome just laughs it off.
- Happens offscreen in Resident Evil 6 when Jake and Sherry jump into a dumpster to hide from the Ustanak. We only see the outside of the dumpster, but from the whispered bickering we hear, Jake's hand(s) ended up somewhere, and his counter-accusation is that she's the one rubbing up on him.
- In Menage A 3, a collision among Gary, Zii and Yuki somehow ends up with Gary on his back, Zii sitting on his groin, Yuki sitting on his face, and the latter two facing each other.
- The Order of the Stick: Haley tackles Elan from above to stop him from touching a magical gate — inadvertently putting the two of them in a suggestive position.
- In Code Lyoko, a few of Ulrich and Yumi's martial art sparring ends up with them in a awkward position and blushing fiercely. Also in episode "Swarming Attack", when Yumi and Ulrich run into a building to escape a swarm of bees, Yumi falls on top of Ulrich.
- In a particularly UST-filled episode of Teen Titans, Robin and Starfire fall down into a cave where Robin lands on top. We don't get to see their reactions since there's an immediate scene change.