"You want to get off me, or are you just getting comfortable?"When a man and a woman fall in close proximity and wind up in a sexually suggestive position. The guy finds himself in Marshmallow Hell, or the girl lands sitting on his face. It could even result in an Accidental Kiss. The lighter versions will just end with the guy copping a feel. Needless to say, this trope is particularly likely to affect the Accidental Pervert. Regardless of the circumstances, nine and a half times out of ten the girl will act like it was deliberate — usually that means screaming "Pervert!" and slapping him. On the other hand, she might tease him for it, welcome the advance or remark on his "boldness". It mostly depends on what kind of girl she is. If someone walks in on them, Not What It Looks Like is all but inevitable. Often leads to a Please Get Off Me. A staple of Harem Anime. Sub-Trope of Crash-Into Hello. Thanks for the Mammary and Funbag Airbag are Sub Tropes. The more serious and romantic Sister Trope is Literally Falling In Love.
— Mara Jade, Vision of the Future
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Code Geass: Kallen falls over Lelouch in a suggestive position, lampshading their uncertain relationship.
- In another episode, Suzaku ends up falling on top of Shirley. However, in this case it is treated as a total accident by both parties, there is no Ship Tease involved, and nobody walks in to find them in this position, so its only relevance for their respective characters is, perhaps, that it emphasises that they are simply good enough (platonic) friends for it not to be a problem.
- Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker features one of these collisions between Galyan and Cassandra as they flee from the Seekers while chained together. Galyan earns a smack when he jokes about it.
- Subverted in FLCL where it looks like Naota and Ninamori are about to have a collision kiss, but instead their foreheads collide violently with each other. Then again, like just about everything in FLCL, foreheads are often used as metaphors for sexual organs.
- In the 2003 anime version of Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward tackles the thief Psiren in an attempt to subdue her. Not only did they land in a rather suggestive position, but he accidentally groped her boob.
- Full Metal Panic!.
- In "A Cat and a Kitten's Rock & Roll", Tessa falls on top of Sousuke while trying to climb into an Arm Slave. Sousuke tries to wriggle out from under her, only for Tessa to keep wriggling back on top of him, until they move off screen this way.
- Sousuke throws herself on top of a scantily dressed Kaname to shield her from automatic weapons fire. There's a Running Gag involving Sousake being mistaken for a pervert (at the time Kaname didn't know he was a Mithral operative assigned to protect her) so naturally Kaname starts hitting him in the face.
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Toward the end of Season 1, Batou and the Major are on the run and hiding out in a skyscraper. A police helicopter flies up to the window and shines its sunlight in. Batou quickly pushes the Major behind a pillar. Shortly after there's a Did They or Didn't They? scene as Batou walks off with his arm around her.
- In the episode which introduces Priscilla in GUN×SWORD, she pulls Van out of the way of a collision with a rolling object, only to end up sitting on him in a very sexual looking position.
- Gunslinger Girl. In "Il Teatrino", Triela knocks down Hilshire to shield him from the blast of a Bouncing Betty mine. As all the cyborg girls have a Precocious Crush on their handlers, there's the inevitable Luminescent Blush afterwards.
- H2O: Footprints in the Sand has the rare facesitting variation. With two different girls, in fact.
- Happens twice in Hanaukyō Maid Tai La Vérité episode 7. The first time was after an earthquake, Taro ends up lying face down on Mariel. The second was when the puppy Fenrir jumps on Taro and knocks him down, causing him to fall face down on top of Mariel again. They end up in an Almost Kiss.
- Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san. In Ushiwaka's introduction, she trips and falls on Nezu in an over-the-top manner, ending up on top of her.
- Happens in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, the first time Erio Mondial and Caro Ru Lushe meet each other. Caro doesn't even seem to notice that she fell onto Erio boobs-first, perhaps out of gratitude for him catching her at all (she just tripped down a staircase).
- In Maison Ikkoku, Yusaku accidently kisses Kyoko when she falls from a ladder trying to replace a lightbulb.
- Maken-ki!: In the first episode, Takeru notices Himegami hanging upside-down from a tree branch at school, giving him a full view of her panties. Which startled her, causing her to fall directly on top of him, in a lip lock. The anime shows it from top-down perspective, but the manga uses an upskirt angle at ground level — showing his erection was pressed against her camel toe.
- In MÄR, when Princess Snow thaws out, she falls into Ginta and they kiss. This was the First Kiss for both of them. She's also physically identical to Ginta's girlfriend because they're two halves of the same whole.
- Played with twice in Midori Days.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: In the aftermath of a battle, Shinji and Asuka find that their Evas have run out of power and collapsed in a very suggestive position. Asuka immediately blames Shinji and calls him a perv while accusing his Eva of molesting hers.
- In Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, when Yuuto pushes Shiina out of the way of a falling sign, they wind up in a lewd position with an Accidental Kiss on top of it — just in time for Haruka to walk through the door.
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Haruhi has her First Kiss when slipping on a banana-peel, directly into the face of a pretty girl.
- Tamaki ends up falling on her in a very suggestive position just as her father walks in.
- In Rail Wars!,
- Haruka falls off a ladder onto Naoto and, somehow, Naoto ends up on top of her with a hand on her breast.
- In episode 4, Naoto in an attempt to catch Noa's manager winds up briefly sandwiched between Noa and her assistants breasts before falling.
- Happens again to Naoto in episodes 8 and 9 while riding on the little train car with Shou, Haruka, and Aoi.
- Practically every time Aoi collapses onto Naoto, it's done in a very suggestive manner, even though the context of the situation is entirely different, such as her being badly injured and falling on him.
- Happens in Rosario + Vampire at the end of a fight between Kurumu and Mizore's moms (named Ageha and Tsurara, respectively). In an attempt to break the fight up, Tsukune is thrown at the two women — and lands in a very awkward position where his face is between Tsurara's legs and his hand is grabbing Ageha's chest.
- Sands of Destruction has a couple, both afflicting poor Kyrie:
- In Seitokai Yakuindomo happened between Suzu Hagimura and Takatoshi Tsuda. The aftermath of it is one Tsundere Suzu. Mrs. Hagimura seems pleased that something else might've happened though. Suzu also causes a variant when she suddenly runs into and hugs Takatoshi in relief,note which didn't help given how her head is at crotch height.
- Sister Princess has quite a lot of moments of Wataru and a couple of his sisters falling accidentally (and otherwise on top of each other, ending up in very explicit positions.
- In Strawberry 100% happen often to the male protagonist, Junpei, with every girl. The best example is the first meet with Kozue. She not only falls on top of Junpei but she gives him quite an eyeful (of her panties) in the process before screaming and running away.
- In episode 8 of Sword Art Online, Asuna accidentally lands on top of Kirito with her breasts in his face after teleporting into the zone he is in. Things quickly take a turn for the worst when the situation results in a Thanks for the Mammary moment, resulting in Kirito taking a massive hit from her as a result.
- Rito from To Love-Ru is seemingly incapable of walking in close proximity with a girl without having this happen. One time Yui even tried to avert this because she's well aware of his tendency for this, which naturally ended in her being the cause of the inevitable collision.
Yami: "How did we get into this position from the way we bumped into each other? It seems the laws of physics don't apply to you anymore."
- By Darkness, whenever Rito is onscreen, he can barely go for more than a couple of pages without tripping and literally landing face first in someone's crotch. One incident involving a rogue vacuum cleaner ends up actually burying him under a pile of naked girls.
- Inverted in a leter episode, when Rito's face ends up in Tearju's crotch. She bumps into Rito in the hallway at school and somehow ends up sitting on his face with her panties pulled to the side. Rito ends ends up getting a faceful and a mouthful when Tearju inadvertently gets off from it.
- A few times in Vandread. Hibiki walks off, then accidentally bumps his face into Jura's breasts. Happens again in the cockpit of Vandread Jura where both pilots fall over in fatigue (Hibiki keels over first, then Jura falls over him, boobs on his head). The first time Hibiki and Meia combine their rides into Vandread Meia, Hibiki leans backwards, accidentally pressing back on Meia's chest. Then Hibiki climbs up a ladder quickly and accidentally smooshes his face into Dita's behind in Season Two. Towards the end of Season One, this unfortunate tendency of Hibiki to collide with the female pirates sparks off a massive protest after he accidentally stumbles through a door into one of the girl's quarters and faceplants into her behind; they eventually get over it before the Harvest fleet could destroy them.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: Happens to Joey and Mai in the episode "Lights, Camera, Duel." Played with though, in that Mai fell on top of him because he was catching her as she fell from a dangerous height—and instead of going for the pervert-slap, Mai thanks him for saving her and calls him an "action hero".
- Spy Boy has some fun with this. One instance had Bombshell falling with her breasts landing square on Butch's face. She lifted herself off him without a word (though looking mildly annoyed) while he lay there smiling goofily.
- In the comic version of Winx Club it is revelead that this was how Timmy met Tecna. During the first ball, Timmy was searching the ground trying to find one of his electronics, and since he wasn't watching where he was going, his face smooshes into Tecna's butt.
- Young Avengers - during the battle with Kang, Eli tackles Kate out of the way of an energy blast and ends up on top of her. They talk about how this makes them even for Kate saving him earlier, neither of them in any apparent hurry to get up until their teammates snap them out of it.
- Advice And Trust: In chapter 4 Rei makes an indiscreet, offhand comment about Shinji touching her in a weird place, prompting Asuka to ask what happened. Rei explained that Shinji went to her apartment and accidentally fell on top of her, touching her right breast. Asuka was not happy about it, but she let it go because it was an accident.
- In The Death God Alliance Sadie falls on Nico causing a deconstruction of this trope when Nico gets a bad concussion.
- The One I Love Is: Shinji colliding with other woman and falling on top of her happens so many times it is a Running Gag. Shinji had fallen on top of Rei before the beginning of the story, he fell on top of Asuka when she was asleep and lying on her bed and he tripped and fell over Misato when he was helping her to go to her bedroom. All accidents are highly embarassing to him.
- In the 12th chapter of The Ultimate Evil, Valerie Payne lands face down over a sleeping Shendu (who's occupying Valmont's body at the time). As soon as he wakes up and the situation dawns on him, he expresses his pleasantness over this surprise. Fortunately it doesn't get further after Valerie gets herself away from him because Shendu has a mission to accomplish at the time.
- In Wonderful, when two villains were running away from a squad of tanks, Chariot crashed into Taylor and the three of them went tumbling across the ground.
Films — Animated
Films — Live-Action
- Carry On Doctor. Matron and Kilmore land like this after eavesdropping on a conversation and tipping over once the door they were leaning on is opened.
- Edge of Tomorrow. William Cage and Rita Vrataski roll off a Car Cushion to escape falling debris, Rita ending on top of William. She kisses him shortly after, the only sign of affection towards him she's allowed herself to show throughout the movie.
- The lead in Eight Days a Week does this intentionally. He's spending the summer camped out on his true love's front lawn in an effort to win her over. She enlists his help in climbing down from her window to sneak out of the house to be with her actual boyfriend. He helps, but also takes the opportunity to invoke this trope, falling down with her on top of him in a different position each time.
- This happens in Enchanted when Giselle falls out of the bathroom onto Robert.
- Happens in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra when Ripcord catches Scarlett when a pulse blast destroys her bike.
- In Lockout Snow and Emilie fall from a ceiling vent and she ends up face-down in his face-up crotch. He looks down at her and remarks "oh it's okay, you don't have to do that, a simple thank you is enough" at which point she leaps off him and calls him an asshole.
- In The Naked Gun, Lt. Drebin jumps over the queen to save her from what he thinks is imminent danger. Of course, that's not what it looks like in the front page picture.
- In the classic adventure flick Romancing the Stone, Jack and Joan tumble down a muddy incline together, landing in a shallow pool — with his head between her legs.
- In The Proposal, Margaret makes a nude run for the wardrobe from the shower. Andrew is also naked, getting ready to take a shower of his own. Neither is looking and they walk into each other at a fast pace. He ends up on top for her:
Margaret: Oh my God! Why are you naked?
Andrew: Why are you wet?
- In Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Mikaela lands face-down in Leo's crotch after a space bridge mishap. Subverted in that Leo notes he'd normally enjoy having a hot woman's face in his lap, but in this case he's worried she crushed something on impact.
- Van Helsing has Hugh Jackman attempting to save Kate Beckinsale from a flying vampire that is carrying her off, which results in her landing on him with her legs around his neck.
- Made even funnier in the Hilarious Outtakes with two takes of Hugh Jackman lampshading it: first, he whispers for an offscreen person to get him a cigarette; second, with a gleeful giggle straight into the camera.
- Doctor Who: This happens to the Eleventh Doctor and River Song in "The Time of Angels".
- Also happens with the Doctor and Clara in "The Snowmen". Clara gets the bustle of her Pimped-Out Dress caught climbing out the window while escaping from the Monster of the Week, gets yanked out by the Doctor and ends up falling on top of him. His immediate suggestion that she Take Off Your Clothes in no way helps lower the UST.
- Also happens in a Torchwood flashback, between Jack and Ianto.
- Stargate SG-1
- In season 6 episode "Smoke & Mirrors", after they barely escape from a bomb, Agent Barret fall atop Major Carter in an awkward position. To protect her, or so he says.
- Also happens in season 10 episode "Uninvited", where Teal'c falls atop Vala to protect her from a grenade he threw at a monster. Vala jokes that she's flattered but they don't have the time.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Buffy falls on top of Spike at the end of his "Rest in Peace" song in the Musical Episode; given Buffy's reluctance to acknowledge the UST between them, she responds by fleeing. In the next episode Buffy states that she'll never touch Spike again, only to immediately throw herself on top of him to save Spike from a hurled wooden stake.
- In Season 7 Buffy is using Spike for a demonstration on how to fight a vampire and she ends up on top of him again. Noting the obvious UST between these supposed Just Friends, the Potentials ask if they're supposed to be making out with the vampires they fight.
- At the start of Season 3, Xander and Cordelia are eager to see each other again, but quickly revert to their usual squabbling. That night a vampire leaps onto Xander, knocking him to the ground. Upon seeing Xander in distress, Cordelia's scorn immediately turns to concern, and she dogpiles on the vampire from behind, so the vamp is sandwiched between Xander on the bottom and Cordelia on the top. With Cordelia's weight on top of him, the vampire can't hold back Xander's stake any longer, and he explodes into ashes. Cordelia falls down on top of Xander. The two of them look at each other for an instant, then grab each other and start kissing passionately with appropriate cheesy music.
- Angel: Also happens between Angel and Buffy in "I Will Remember You", and lampshaded by her later.
Buffy: The next thing I knew we're being attacked by this mutant ninja demon thing, and then we're on the floor on top of each other, and it's just really confusing being around you.
- Mocked in an early episode of Scrubs when JD is running down the hallway to answer a page and runs into Laverne, which results in this:
Laverne: (lying motionless underneath him) Are you planning on making this worth my while?JD: (removes his head from her bosom and scurries off)
- Happens often enough early in Farscape with John and Aeryn that they remark on it in the DVD commentary. In "The Flax", John lands on top of Aeryn after the ship has a collision, prompting her to say "Comfortable? Can I get you a pillow?"
- Averted on Firefly when Kaylee pushes Wash out of the way of gunfire and lands on top of him. He's married, she's interested in someone else, and there is no full body shot emphasizing the fact that she's lying on top of him - merely shocked facial expressions which are pretty clearly about the gunfire, not their position.
- Gwen and Arthur end up this way at the start of season two of Merlin.
- A lot later in the show, Percival finds himself on top of Gwaine.
- Star Trek: Enterprise invokes the Marshmallow Hell variant with Capt. Archer and T'Pol in "Shadows of P'Jem". Many Trekkies loudly condemned the scene, while the rest silently wished they were Scott Bakula. (While others got the joke that the scene was in part a lampshading of the infamous industrial-strength brassieres many female cast members on Trek had to wear under their costumes.)
- Star Trek: Voyager
- Tom Paris has a Love Epiphany regarding Kes when she's thrown into his arms during a shuttle training exercise.
- Harry Kim is assigned to work in a cramped Jeffries tube with their latest crewmember, the Future Spandex-wearing Seven of Nine. At one point Harry yanks Seven away from an exposed conduit, then realises he's got his hands all over the Ms. Fanservice of the Delta Quadrant. When he tries to ask her out on a date however, Seven shuts him down quickly by asking Do You Want to Copulate?.
- Get Smart. Maxwell Smart is doing an Emergency Impersonation of the King of Coronia. On being introduced to 'his' betrothed the Princess Marta, he trips and falls down the throne steps on top of her. He then shamelessly uses the opportunity to kiss the princess, who is not exactly bothered by all this.
- In the James Bond game Nightfire, Bond and the current Bond Girl fall out of a damaged ski lift and Bond lands on top. When the girl asks why he always lands on top, Bond replies, "Lower center of gravity?"
- Skies of Arcadia: Legends: Seen during the escape from Dangral Island, when Vyse leaps from the monorail, just as it collapses from beneath him, and lands on top of Aika. They not only remain in said position, Aika's gaze is set squarely on Vyse the entire time, and she doesn't object.
- Riviera: The Promised Land, Cierra's first meeting with Ein is by landing on his face. If you choose a certain choice afterward, every other girl agrees that Ein is a pervert and lose some love points.
- In Devil Survivor 2, the first time you use the Terminal, you have a minor Teleporter Accident and wind up several feet in the air. The player character lands first and falls flat, while Makoto and Otome end up sitting on his face and hips. Makoto falls into the usual Accidental Pervert reaction mode, before realizing he clearly didn't do that on purpose, while Otome just laughs it off.
- Happens offscreen in Resident Evil 6 when Jake and Sherry jump into a dumpster to hide from the Ustanak. We only see the outside of the dumpster, but from the whispered bickering we hear, Jake's hand(s) ended up somewhere, and his counter-accusation is that she's the one rubbing up on him.
- Happens twice in Little Busters!, both involving Thanks for the Mammary. The first time is in Mio's route when she tries to run away in shock at stumbling upon what seems to be a yaoi scene she was 'invited to join', with Riki accidentally knocking her over in his haste to catch up and accidentally falling on her chest. The second time involves Haruka and is much smaller, with no CG, and just involves Riki slipping on a magazine in her room and falling onto her. Haruka is much more receptive than Mio, though to be fair they were already dating by that point.
- My Girlfriend Is the President: One of Yukino's first CGs has Junichirou and her falling over in such a way that Junichirou's face is right by her crotch.
- Happens for no particularly good reason between Jin and Asuka in the latter's ending for the fifth Tekken game. Even more odd because the two characters are cousins (though they probably do not know it).
- In Ménage à 3, a collision among Gary, Zii and Yuki somehow ends up with Gary on his back, Zii sitting on his groin, Yuki sitting on his face, and the latter two facing each other.
- The Order of the Stick: Haley tackles Elan from above to stop him from touching a magical gate — inadvertently putting the two of them in a suggestive position.
- Dumbing of Age - Ethan pushes Danny out of the way of a roller-blading Carla, and ends up on top of him. Danny has a sudden realization as a result.
- In Code Lyoko, a few of Ulrich and Yumi's martial art sparring ends up with them in a awkward position and blushing fiercely. Also in episode "Swarming Attack", when Yumi and Ulrich run into a building to escape a swarm of bees, Yumi falls on top of Ulrich.
- In a particularly UST-filled episode of Teen Titans, Robin and Starfire fall down into a cave where Robin lands on top. We don't get to see their reactions since there's an immediate scene change.
- In Steven Universe, Peridot falls onto Amethyst that way. While the latter is too dumbfounded to properly react, the former is very flustered.