"How do you accidentally kiss someone? Did she slip on a rug, and your lips broke her fall?"Nothing can be simultaneously more embarrassing and more exciting than the Accidental Kiss. Only works if a First Kiss or Sacred First Kiss. Tends to occur in three forms:
— Topanga Lawrence, Boy Meets World
- In a fit of celebration, someone high on excitement unleashes their passion by grabbing and kissing the nearest set of lips before they realize what they're doing. Unplanned Smooch of Victory.
- After a Crash-Into Hello or something resembling, the colliders' lips always have a strange tendency to connect. Rarely, if ever, are the painful implications of teeth colliding against teeth at high speeds addressed.
- Then there are the foreigners (including aliens) who kiss someone without realizing what it means in the other participant's culture/planet.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Johnny and Yosaku share an explicitly implied off-panel Accidental Kiss in One Piece episode 23 while climbing around on Luffy's ship, to the disgust of both.
- Sunako and Kyohei kiss accidentally by flying towards each other during a heated ping pong game in The Wallflower and connecting in the middle. This is so traumatic for Sunako that she suffers Easy Amnesia as a result.
- Ichigo, in the first chapter of Tokyo Mew Mew, slips and falls on Aoyama and worries that it might have been a waste of a Sacred First Kiss. She doesn't seem to remember it the next time a perverted enemy kisses her in the middle of the street, though.
- In the manga based on the Galaxy Angel gameverse, Ranpha falls on Tact and accidentally kisses him; Milfeulle, of course, witnesses the whole thing and is too shaken up to fight the next battle.
- In an early episode of Naruto, Naruto accidentally kisses Sasuke. The actual kiss was cut from the initial Toonami broadcast version for obvious reasons (the Adult Swim broadcast kept it, as it was the uncut version). Oddly, it did show up later as part of the screen shots shown after his apparent demise during the Wave Country Arc.
- It also reappeared in screenshots during the show's fifth opening which ran for 24 episodes.
- They also accidentally kiss a second time in Naruto Shippuden 194 before falling into a waterfall. Cue heart-shaped splash.
- In Naruto Shippuden 191 Kakashi is a victim of this with Hanare.
- And in "Konoha Gakuen Den" Sasuke and Naruto have another Accidental Kiss.
- In Dragon Half, Mink gets an accidental kiss from Idol Singer and Dragon Slayer, Dick Saucer (make of his name what you will) when she is thrown through a wall by a golem.
- This is how Steel Angel Kurumi is brought to life, when an explosion-induced earthquake drops her onto the lips of the male protagonist.
- And it is also how her second appearance is activated, rounding everything with a nice topping of Les Yay, when the female protagonist of the second season drops onto her lips.
- The Mahou Sensei Negima! manga has a beautiful example of type two, when Yue trips Nodoka straight onto Negi's lips. (They'd been set up for the magical kiss-induced power-up, of course).
- In episode five of FLCL, Naota accidentally kisses Haruko when a horn grows out of the back of his head, pushing his lips to hers.
- One early chapter of the Ouran High School Host Club manga sets this up between Haruhi and Miyako at the Christmas Ball. Miyako, having won the club's gambling event, is to be awarded a kiss by Tamaki, but in a surprise Twist Ending, Kyouya announces that the honor would go to Haruhi instead. She goes to kiss Miyako on the cheek, but Tamaki rushes in, slips on a Banana Peel, and pushes Haruhi onto the other girl's lips. The club's female clientele goes crazy, and Kyouya sits back to himself thinking, "Nice..."
- The same scenario plays out at the end of episode two of the anime, after Haruhi helps one of Kanako's male suitors to admit that he loves her. He lets her go ahead with it, thinking it'll be a simple peck on the cheek, symbolizing the end of her hopping from favorite host to favorite host. Nope.
- At the end of chapter 72, we finally get one of these between Haruhi and Tamaki.
- The chapter after that lampshades the unlikelihood of accidental kisses occurring like crazy, with pointed references to shoujo manga.
- Happens with Sakurako and Amika in This Ugly Yet Beautiful World when Kimi bumps into them as they're trying to get Mari to go after Takeru.
- A mishap with a playground slide in Penguin Revolution causes Yukari to collide with Ryo and results in an accidental Sacred First Kiss.
- In one episode of Digimon Tamers, Rika kicks Kazu to wake him up. Kenta falls onto Kazu, accidentally kissing him the process. This scene was cut from the dub.
- In Lovely Complex, Koizumi gets her Sacred First Kiss when Otani passes out from his fever, falling forward on her lips in the process.
- In Ranma ½, Ranma is in the trance of the Cat-Fist, which makes him think he's a cat. After landing on Akane's lap, he purrs at her and affectionately rubs his nose against hers —resulting in an Accidental Kiss when their lips match up. He remembers nothing of it afterwards (nor of any other time he becomes a cat) but Akane is frozen with surprise and embarrassment (and is outraged Ranma doesn't remember.)
- In the "alternate retelling" Dragon Ball movie Path To Power, Bulma and Yamcha fall on top of each other and score an accidental kiss.
- In episode 21 of Moonphase Hazuki and Hikaru have an accidental kiss when Hikaru is thrown into Hazuki.
- Kimagure Orange Road: In chapter 3 of the manga, Kyousuke accidentally kisses his male friend Komatsu while daydreaming about Madoka, the girl he likes. Neither boy is pleased. A few seconds later, while running to a water fountain to rinse out his mouth, Kyousuke bumps into Hikaru, a girl who's been admiring him from afar, resulting in a second accidental kiss when he falls on top of her.
- In Samurai Pizza Cats, Speedy Cerviche accidentally falls on Seymour Big Cheese, and they meet at the lips. According to the Gag Dub, this was Speedy's first kiss.
- Pastel: Mugi has to draw a penalty dare from a box while playing a beach-ball game with the three main girls of the series. He draws "kiss the person to your left on the lips." He closes his eyes and psychs himself up to kiss Manami, but his horndog male friend, the Chivalrous Pervert Kazuki, chooses that moment to enter the scene in precisely that place. Mugi is mortified about Kazuki stealing his first kiss, and Kazuki tells Mugi it "serves him right" for playing a kissing game without letting Kazuki in on the fun.
- In Rakugo Tennyo Oyui, after Miyabi and Yui celebrate their recent victory, Miyabi trips and ends up with her lips on Yui's. It was the First Kiss for both of them, and neither of them are happy about it.
- In MÄR, Ginta and Snow get their first kiss mixed with Crash-Into Hello when Ginta throws a fire ARM to melt the ice she's encased herself in. Her fall is broken by his lips, and they both run to others in the group to confirm that they did actually kiss. Ginta later gets told off by her guardian for 'stealing' the Princess's lips.
- Later , even after she successfully averts kissing his lips a second time (anime dream episode only), when she gets freed from the trap she's in, the above sequence is followed again, although this time it's less of an issue, since it's no longer their first time, and they're reasonably past the stage of 'I don't even know/like him/her'.
- Although the First Kiss implication is left questionable, Asu no Yoichi has a similar setup as the MÄR scene above, with Yoichi falling three stories and being 'caught' by Ibuki's lips. The fact that the gift he was jumping after coming between their lips seems to be ignored in the wake of the actual kiss.
- Hanaukyō Maid Tai La Verite episode 12. After Ryuuka makes another proposal of marriage to Taro, she trips and falls on top of him, kissing him in the process.
- Happens at least Once per Episode in the three part OVA Amuri in Star Ocean. In Episode 1 this is how Amuri first meets both Perrier and Suzu. In Episode 2 it happens between Amuri and a faceless robot doll (with no lips). In Episode 3 it happens with Suzu and Perrier.
- Happens between Yuuto and Himari on Omamori Himari. Interestingly, Yuuto was already about to willing kiss Himari on the cheek (At her request), but at the last moment Himari panicked and tried to retract her request, and turned to Yuuto (Who had his eyes closed) just as his lips were close enough.
- Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter the anime series accidentally lands a kiss on Pai-Chan in the first episode when the Koenkan are interupting a chinese dumpling Eating Contest as he's flying across a restuarant trying to eat one of the dumplings (long story). Pai has never had a First Kiss and she's a type A Tsundere, so the result is predictable.
- Occurs between Mayu and Reika in the last episode of Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun.
- To Love-Ru: Rito and Ren collided mouth-first while both were trying to kiss Lala. Oblivious to the implications (and the way the boys were gagging), Lala expressed pleasure that they'd become such good friends so quickly. This "kiss" also later resulted in Run's "sister" Run having a major crush on Rito.
- It's not entirely clear, but this may have occurred in Sonic X when Tails "heroically" (cough) pushes Cosmo out of the way of a falling disco ball. He ended up on top of her. A kiss was quite apparently a possibility, blocked from that angle.
- This happens in Zettai Karen Children when Chisato accidentally falls down the stairs and crashes onto Masaro. Of course, since they are too shy to admit publicly that they are anything more than Just Friends, they strongly deny that this should be counted as their First Kiss.
- A completely innocent and adorable kiss occurs in one of the omakes in the second volume of Karneval. Nai looks through one of the maintenance tunnels used by the sheep just as one is coming out. The result is that the two bump lips, complete with a "Chu!" SFX and the words "First Kiss?" in the background.
- In Dog Days, a minor cat goddess often uses her People Puppets ability to make people crash into each other to knock them out. When she tries it on Cinque and Eclair, the two accidentally lock lips.
- In Murasakiiro No Qualia, Hatou and Yukari's first meeting falls into type 2 of this, which lead many readers to believe it was a light shoujo-ai when it ended up turning into a much serious series.
- In episode 1 of Lady Jewelpet Momona trips on Ruby's magical floating ball and lands on Cayenne, kissing him. Much embarrassment and angst ensues, as that was a Sacred First Kiss for Momona, and she's not even sure it really happened (conveniently, the scene only shows the characters' eyes with the kiss taking place just off-screen).
- Bart Allen (Impulse) had one of these with his friend Carol. After consistently screwing up while trying to learn baseball, he succeeds in winning the game and Carol smooched him without planning to in front of everyone. After a moment of shock, the two realize what they've done and start laughing hysterically, much to the bemusement of the crowd.
- Tim Drake (Robin) was so grateful to be saved from a near-death experience by Stephanie Brown that in a moment of exhilaration he kisses her on the lips. Then he snaps out of his funk moments later and gets all confused as to why Stephanie wanted to see him again in future.
- In the post-Zero Hour Legion of Super-Heroes, Brainiac 5 does a type one on Invisible Kid.
- In the tenth story of the Facing The Future Series, Tucker accidentally did this to Jazz. Fortunately, it helped undo his froggy transformation.
- Happens in Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox between Naruto and Hinata, when she rounds a corner in a frantic search for a teacher to stop Sai's beatdown of four bullies...and she ends up running into Naruto, barreling him over, and their lips end up locking.
- In I Kissed a Girl, a Rainbow Rocks fan animation, a Banana Peel discarded by Pinkie is the cause of such a kiss between Rarity and Adagio.
Films — Animation
- An American Tail: Tony Toponi is staring dumbfounded at Bridget, unable to say a word. Fievel pulls on his shirt and it slips off, sending Tony forward and...smack!
- Lady and the Tramp and the original Spaghetti Kiss.
- The Black Cauldron: Gurgi pushes Taran and Eilonwy's faces together.
- In The Three Caballeros, Donald Duck is blindfolded and chasing beach babes in Acapulco when the other two Caballeros intercept him. Thinking he's caught a girl, he accidentally kisses José Carioca instead. Three times.
- In The Lorax, Ted ends up kissing his cereal box while daydreaming about kissing his crush.
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride: After Kiara, Kovu, Timon and Pumbaa try to fend off birds eating Timon & Pumbaa's bugs, the birds team up with rhinos and they chase them. When the gang escapes, Kiara and Kovu accidentally kiss each other while they hide with Timon & Pumbaa.
- Near the end of Bambi II, Bambi gets jabbed in the butt by a porcupine. He leaps forward in pain and collides with Faline, accidentally kissing her.
Film — Live Action
- Bing Crosby and Bob Hope manage to do this in The Road to Morocco
- Boy Girl Wall (a solo Australian production) lampshades this with the memorable ending of:
Narrator: The first thing that touched were their lips. Which is quite hard to do. You should try it. But not now.
- Alvin and Brittany almost kiss each other in the lunchroom and quickly move away and blush in embarrassment in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
- This happens in The Goonies with Mikey and Andy. She kisses Mikey in the dark while they're near the wishing well, thinking it was Brand. But when she kisses Brand at the ending, she's confused because she doesn't detect braces. Although Brand is initially pissed at Mikey, Andy shuts him up by kissing him again.
- Holly and Artemis have one of these in Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox when Holly got a bit too excited that Artemis was alright after healing the wounds he got in a gorilla attack (don't ask).
- Doctor Who: The Doctor and Rose do this in The Stone Rose after she saves him from being a statue for all eternity.
- John Donovan's I'll Get There. It Better be Worth the Trip, one of the first modern novels to deal with early-adolescent homosexual experimentation. Davy and his friend Altschuler are lying on the floor with Davy's dog. "I guess I kiss Altschuler and he kisses me...It just happens...'Boy', I say. 'What was that all about?' — 'I don't know', Altschuler answers. We get up, and we avoid looking at each other."
- In Heart Of Steel, Julia had planned to kiss Dr. Mechanus on the cheek in platonic gratitude for saving her life, but he turned his head at the wrong moment. A few shocked moments later it turns into the real thing.
Live Action TV
- In Smallville, Truth, Pete probably didn't mean to kiss Chloe under the effect of a truth serum.
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody: Max kisses Zach in the jubilant aftermath of winning a basketball game. Carrie accidentally kisses Arwin the same way in the same episode.
- Even Stevens: Louis and Tawny accidentally kiss just while talking and sitting very close together.
- Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide: Ned mistakenly kisses Moze, who's dressed exactly like his date, while on a double date. In a later episode, Cookie also accidentally kisses his arch enemy, Evelyn.
- So Little Time: Reilly Carlson and Larry have been best friends since babyhood, Larry's wanted to be more at least since the start of the series, and Reilly's always shot him down. In an episode when she accidentally kisses him after they win an award for community service, she walks around in a terrified trance for the rest of the episode, compulsively repeating, "I didn't do that, I didn't do that, I didn't do that, it never happened. I didn't do that, I didn't do that, I didn't do that, it never happened..."
- An Episode of Scrubs has J.D. and Carla accidentally kiss while intoxicated.
- In an early episode of the live-action version of Hana Yori Dango, a complicated trip-fall-catch between a boy and a girl at a party results in the two on the floor in completely involuntary liplock.
- The first kiss between Ric and Matilda in Home and Away is the result of her moving her head as he goes to kiss her on the cheek, resulting in lip to lip contact. They initially shrug it off but a year later they get together.
- In the Battlestar Galactica episode "Home, Part 1", a returning Kara Thrace gets accidentally kissed by Lee Adama. He was just SO excited she wasn't dead and well - as Kara later says "there are no takebacks!". See, characters can be well past middle school and still act like them.
- The West Wing
Toby: You accidentally slept with a prostitute.
- After six and a half seasons of Will They Or Won't They, Josh and Donna kiss when she wakes him up to deliver the news that their candidate has finally caught up to the front-runner in the national polls.
- Sam slept with a "call girl" back in season one and an attempt at That Didn't Happen lasts for about three episodes before they decide to pursue it.
Sam: Call girl.
Toby: I don't understand. Did you trip over something?
- In the second episode of Being Human (UK), Mitchel is comforting Annie and as they both turn to say something they accidentally kiss. She makes fun of him for it later and the whole thing is treated like a non-issue.
- M*A*S*H: Hawkeye and Margaret fall into this (after several seasons antagonising or at least irritating each other) when in a hut in the middle of nowhere, with shells going off all around outside, they fall into each other's arms and go from cursing the heavens to snogging in two seconds flat. It was also a Cliffhanger.
- Also, in a later episode, Margaret is a victim of type one—given to her by Father Mulcahy of all people, in the midst of the camp celebrating the Giants winning the World Series.
- In Corner Gas, after watching a French movie Hank starts greeting people by kissing them on the cheeks. When he tries to do it with Emma, he accidentally kisses her on the lips instead. He later decides to talk to her about it, which gives us the line "What kiss? You mean when you hit me in the face with your lips?"
- In The Big Bang Theory, when Howard tries to stop a drunken Raj from kissing his girlfriend.
- At the end of the first episode/beginning of the second episode of Minami Shineyo (known in English as "You're Beautiful"), protagonista Go Minyeo gets drunk, stands on a bench at the edge of the top of a tall building, then passes out, falling onto band leader Hwang Taekyung's lips. Being stone drunk, she unfortunately took this trope a step further by vomiting into his mouth.
- In Glee, Finn tries to stop Emma (his former teacher's fiance) from having her panic attack by kissing her, clearly without thinking. He's shocked by his own actions and she's furious. He was probably acting on instinct and doing what he would have done if he were calming down his girlfriend Rachel.
- The Friends episode "The One With Rachel's Inadvertent Kiss", Rachel misreads the social cues with an interviewer and kisses him on the cheek. At first she's mortified and thinks she's wrecked her chances; then when she's accepted for a second interview she becomes concerned that it might be because of the kiss...
- Fantasia - Realm of Thanos has Cheryl accidentally falling on Oswald in a scene, and if you choose to have her squirm and try to stand up while staggering... Their First Kiss will happen in a "so un-romantic way".
- In Super Mario RPG there is a scene in which you (temporarily allied with Bowser) must interfere with a wedding between a villain named Booster and an unwilling Princess Peach. As part of this you must inexplicably race around the chapel retrieving certain accessories she has lost. After you succeed Peach will try to reward you with a kiss (with both Bowser and Booster demanding one from her as well). In the confusion (and depending on how fast you gathered the items) either Mario will end up getting accidentally smooched by one or both of the villains, or he will be successfully kissed by Peach and the villains will accidentally kiss each other.
Peach: Now THAT is one for the scrapbook!
- Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 2nd Kiss plans this from the beginning of the game. Depending on your answers, you could either end up accidently kissing your teacher, the Hero or any of the other available guys.
- In the Crea route of Duel Savior Destiny Nanashi tackles Taiga at a bad moment, accidentally propelling him forward so that he lands a kiss on the princess. While she's pleased, she happens to be a little too young for Taiga.
- During a Space Route Scenario in Shin Super Robot Wars, Sayaka Yumi shows Kouji Kabuto the completed Jet Scrander, which brings Kouji to tears with joy. He plants a happy kiss right on Sayaka's lips. Stunned, she half-yells at him and demands to know what the heck he's thinking, but it's clear that he's mostly thinking about finally being able to fly. Sayaka hastily tells him she understands how he feels, and manages to prevent him from kissing her too many more times.
- In Girl Genius, Agatha kisses Gil in the thrill of victory.
- During a New Year's Eve party in Sluggy Freelance, a drunk Zoe kisses what appears to be a really good looking guy, but is actually Torg. Made more embarrassing by the fact that she dissed Torg while coming onto the "handsome stranger."
- The Doctor Who Fan Webcomic The 10 Doctors has Dr. Grace Holloway confuse an unconscious Romana for the Doctor and kiss her.
- The "event" from The Order of the Stick, when Belkar gets totally smashed on New Years Eve and kisses Vaarsuvius at midnight. Fortunately for Vaarsuvius, Belkar was too drunk to remember it afterward.
- Subverted rather darkly in Tangs Weekly Comic: a woman on a subway train is reading a manga, wherein the female character is also standing on a train; when the car suddenly brakes, her head swings around from the force and she kisses the man next to her, which the manga titles "accidental kiss". The woman can't help but reflect that something seems a bit off, when suddenly her train car brakes too, and her head swings around... and skull-bashes the man next to her straight in the head. The title of the strip? "Accidental kill".
- When the original 1990's print edition of The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob! ended in 1997, Princess Voluptua gave Bob a big smooch on the lips while Jean was yelling at Jerry. When the comic was revived as a webcomic in 2006, the original print strips were rerun to form the beginning of the webcomic. The first new strip, when the reruns ended, involved Jean finally taking Voluptua to task for that kiss almost a decade earlier.
- The Lyrical Nanoha Fan Web Comic Nanoha R'r has Nanoha and Fate demonstrating the dangers of coaching someone through a computer game while sticking your faces too close to each other◊.
- In the Penny and Aggie arc "Campaign Trail," Penny is about to break up with her platonic boyfriend Duane when he tells her he unexpectedly won the student council presidency. In her excitement she impulsively kisses him for the first time, then immediately thinks, "What did I just do?"
- In "Her Private Chambers," Penny wakes up to find Stan in her bedroom, drugged by their mutual enemy Cyndi. After discussing how to prevent Cyndi from breaking up two of their friends, Stan takes his leave by unexpectedly kissing Penny. Just as stunned as she, he explains that it was out of habit from saying good-bye to other girls in their lingerie. Although both are clearly turned on, they agree to pretend That Didn't Happen.
- Karin-dou 4koma: While teaching Ran and Tamaryu how to ice-skate, Shizuki daydreams about a stumble causing her to accidentally kiss Tamaryu. Ran immediately stumbles into Tamaryu and does just that.
- In the Daffy Duck short "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery" Daffy dreams that he found his stolen piggy bank. So he grabs it and starts kissing it. In real life however he is in a pig pen kissing a plump yet cute little pig. Daffy plants kisses all over her face and a peck to the lips before he wakes up. The pig says with an elegant voice, "Shall we dance?" Then she gives him an open mouthed kiss to his lips. She proclaims to the audience "I love that duck!" and laughs. The disgusted Daffy runs away.
- Danny Phantom: While Tucker and Sam are acting as parents to a flour sack for a school assignment, Tucker gets a little too into character and kisses Sam good-bye as he leaves. Both quickly agree, "That never happened." (Which, oddly enough, is a rare occurrence for this trope.)
- Teen Titans: Starfire kissing Robin to learn English (echoing her introduction in the comics) is a popular example of Number 3. They both later did the thing properly in Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo.
Cyborg: Well it's about time.
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Green-Skinned Space Babe April kissed Jimmy in a similar manner (on her planet, it's a trust ritual).
- Avatar: The Last Airbender has Toph pulling the first when she tries to give Sokka a kiss on the cheek for saving her from drowning. The thing is her Disability Superpower doesn't work in the the water and she was actually saved by Suki.
Suki: Actually, it's me.
Toph: (visibly embarrassed) Oh. well... you can go ahead and let me drown now.
- Darkwing Duck kisses Launchpad when he's dreaming about Morgana. He then spits several times.
- On Jimmy Two-Shoes, Heloise chases Jimmy after he ruins the invention she just finished. She ends up bumping into and locking lips with Beezy, much to their disgust. To add insult to injury, Jimmy then breaks the fourth wall and shows the kiss again in slow motion.
- Total Drama:
- In Total Drama Island, although it was more of an ear sucking. Cue massive Ho Yay.
- And again in World Tour. This time, Alejandro used it to manipulate Bridgette and get her disqualified.
- In All Stars, Courtney trips on a step and this ends up happening to her and Scott. However, both really enjoyed it, Scott openly saying so in the confessional.
- A Running Gag in the final part of The Fairly Oddparents Wishology trilogy is Timmy attempting to kiss Trixie, only for a different Moment Killer to get between them and recieve the kiss instead.
- In The Simpsons episode "The Way We Weren't", Milhouse accidentally kisses Homer.
- In "Springfield Up", Moe accidentally kisses Comic Book Guy while trying to get his picture taken.
- Happens twice in Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers:
- In "Adventures in Squirrelsitting", Chip and Dale in drag get Wart and Mole to kiss.
- At the end of "Gadget Goes Hawaiian", Gadget gets Chip and Dale to kiss.
- This sort-of happens between Aladdin and Jasmine as he says goodnight to her on her balcony. Both of them seem to be lining up for a kiss, but it's only because of the Magic Carpet (that Aladdin is standing on, and who pushes Aladdin up toward Jasmine) that the kiss actually happens.
- In My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Spike very nearly smooches Applejack while daydreaming about saving Rarity in "A Dog and Pony Show".
- In Swing Shift Cinderella the Wolf rushes to kiss Cinderella AKA Red Hot Red but accidentally grabs her elderly Fairy Godmother and gives her a long smooch. While the Wolf is repelled by the old lady who has the hots for him he does seem to have enjoyed the kiss, but that changes once he opens his eyes and realizes his mistake! Unfortunately this only deepen's the Fairy's lust for the Wolf.
- In the Walter Lantz Swing Symphonies classic Abou Ben Boogie this happens twice with two men who try to kiss the beautiful Miss X, but their lips are intercepted by a female camel who seems to be attracted to human men. The four legged animal speaks with the voice of an old woman even if she doesn't look quite elderly. Unlike a lot of female cartoon animals her body doesn't seem quite feminine and looks a bit goofy. One man goes to kiss Miss X and the camel sticks her head out of a window from outside to lock lips with him for a long smooch. Hearts appear in the air when their lips seperate. Another runs to embrace Miss X and finds he is making out with the camel. It seems that she is a good kisser because both men enjoy pressing their lips against her and smile after having done so. That is until they open their eyes and realize they made out with an animal!
- In Gargoyles, stroking someone's hair was the gargoyle equivalent of kissing. When Elisa accidentally brushed Goliath's hair just before they were about to explore Manhattan, both Goliath and Hudson's expressions hint at how awkward it was.
- The main character of The Amazing World of Gumball has had at least five accidental kisses:
- In "The Pressure" he accidentally made out with adopted brother Darwin when they were trying to kiss Penny and Masami, respectively. Neither realized who they actually kissed and they both liked it.
- "The Kiss" had him become traumatized after accidentally kissing his grandma on the lips. He spends the whole episode trying forget and succeeds—which just makes it happen again.
- A scene in "The Skull" (which was cut out of the American broadcast) mentions that Gumball once kissed Sussie while high on anesthetics from an appendectomy.
- During "The Storm", Gumball pretend to be Carmen's boyfriend to make Alan jealous and she tells him to kiss her. He vocally refuses, but a basketball knocks him over and causes him to "kiss◊" her, loosely speaking—Carmen herself described it as more like a headbutt.