So Little Time
was a short-lived sitcom
starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
. It ran from 2001-2002 on ABC Family
. The show was about two twins, Riley and Chloe, whose parents have seperated but still live very close to each other in Malibu. Their parents had been successful fashion designers before the split, but the father Jake had a midlife crisis and decided to leave for Malibu. They also lived with their housekeeper Manuelo. Most of the show was about the girl's lives, school, boys, wacky situations, and the question of whether their parents would get back together. Think Sister Sister
with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
instead of Tia and Tamara Mowry.
Tropes used by the series:
- Accidental Kiss: In an episode when she accidentally kisses him after they win an award for community service, she walks around in a terrified trance for the rest of the episode, compulsivley repeating, "I didn't do that, I didn't do that, I didn't do that, it never happened. I didn't do that, I didn't do that, I didn't do that, it never happened..."
- Battle of the Bands: In Larrypalooza.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Riley and Chloe would occasionally address the audience directly...usually in the lifeguard station on the beach.
- Catch Phrase: "I don't hate it."
- Clip Show: Look Who's Talking.
- Disguised in Drag: Larry wears a dress to prevent Riley and Chloe from attending an illegal party at school.
- Forgotten Birthday: Inverted. Riley and Chloe themselves choose to forego their sweet sixteen birthday party before deciding it might actually be fun.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: One girl talks on the phone to two different guys...
- Funny Foreigner: Manuelo
- Love Dodecahedron: Larry's father falls in love with Macy while Riley and Chloe's teacher falls in love with Jake.
- Love Triangle: Between Riley, Larry and Tony
- Obfuscating Disability: Riley goes to school in a wheelchair to get the attention of a paraplegic whom she has a crush on.
- Polar Opposite Twins
- Real-Life Relative: Mary Kate and Ashley, of course.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Larry's pretty good at sewing.
- Shout-Out: "Juicy juice is for closers!"
- Take That: "I blame the media" in Larrypalooza.
- Tomboyish Name: Riley
- Unfortunate Name: Larry's real name is Spartacus.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Larry to Riley
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Manuelo models a dress that Macy had just designed and sewn together. Luckily, Manuelo doesn't hate it.
- Zany Scheme