Natalie Dormer (born February 11, 1982) is an English actress from Reading, Berkshire. She studied drama at the now-defunct Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London, and first appeared in Casanova
with Heath Ledger
. Her first major role was as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors
, which got her noticed both in Britain and abroad.
- Cat Smile: Often sports a rather distinctive one due to her asymmetrical mouth.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Shaved part of her head for her role in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.
- Fake American: As Private Lorraine in Captain America, Irene Adler in Elementary, Cressida in Mockingjay, and the Blonde in The Counselor. Though Irene's really English.
- Ms. Fanservice: A good amount of her roles qualify.
- One of Us: She sports a tattoo that reads "Fear is the mind-killer" on her left wrist. The fact that she's been in Captain America, Game of Thrones, and Mockingjay doesn't hurt, either.
- Star-Making Role: Her fantastic performance as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors won unanimous critical acclaim and audience adoration, opening dozens of doors for her.
- Typecasting: Three of her television roles feature beautiful women that should not be trusted, Anne Boleyn, Irene Adler/Jamie Moriarty, and Margaery Tyrell.