Natalie Dormer (born February 11, 1982) is an English actress from Reading, Berkshire, best known as Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones and Cressida in both parts of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. She studied drama at the now-defunct Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London, and first appeared in Casanova with Heath Ledger. Her first major role was as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors, which got her noticed both in Britain and abroad.
- The Comedy of Errors as Adriana (2003 Cliveden Open Air Theatre Production)
- Casanova as Victoria (2005)
- WE as Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger as Private Lorraine (2011)
- Rush as Nurse Gemma (2013)
- The Counselor as The Blonde (2013)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay as Cressida (2014–2015)
- The Forest as Sara and Jess Price (2016)
- Patient Zero as Dr. Gina Rose (2016)
- The Tudors as Anne Boleyn (2007–10)
- Silk as Niamh Cranitch (2011)
- The Fades as Sarah Etches (2011)
- Game of Thrones as Margaery Tyrell (2012–2016)
- Elementary as Irene Adler (2013–14)
Tropes related to her works:
- Acting for Two: In The Forest, she plays twin sisters Sara and Jess Price.
- Dyeing for Your Art:
- Shaved part of her head for her role in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.
- Dyed her blonde hair brunette for the part of Anne Boleyn — against the creators' wishes, believe it or not! Dormer flatly refused to play Anne as anything other than the brunette she was in real life.
- Fake American: As Private Lorraine in Captain America, Irene Adler in Elementary, Cressida in Mockingjay, and the Blonde in The Counselor. Though Irene's really English.
- Ms. Fanservice: A good amount of her roles qualify.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: There has been some note that she looks very much◊ like her◊ on-screen grandmother in Game of Thrones, Diana Rigg, did in her youth.
- Typecasting: Three of her television roles feature beautiful women that should not be trusted, Anne Boleyn, Irene Adler/Jamie Moriarty, and Margaery Tyrell.