"When you're on a series, it's tough to go on and do something else afterward. If you're smart, save your money and you can wait out the bad times, until something else comes along."Michael Dorn (born December 9, 1952), is an American actor, best known for the role of Worf in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He's appeared in the most Star Trek of any actor thanks to his major role on two shows. He also has numerous voice acting credits, including recurring roles in Superman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012), Danny Phantom, Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys, I Am Weasel, Toonami, and the Fallout video game franchise. More recently, he has provided the voice of Prometheus in Arrow.
Tropes applying to Michael Dorn:
- Ace Pilot: Dorn is a pilot in his spare time, and has flown with the U.S Navy's Blue Angels flight demonstration team and the U.S Air Force counterpart, the Thunderbirds. He's also owned several jets, including a Lockheed T-33 he liked to call his "starship".
- Badass Baritone: His voice has gotten deeper thanks to playing Worf for so long.
- Even deeper was Swayzak's voice, although his voice was altered for that.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dorn added a great deal of humor to Worf's character through subtle variations in tone of voice.
- I Am Not Spock: Worf, IM Weasel, and Swayzak are his three most well known roles.
- Role Reprisal: Voices Worf in Star Trek Online starting with the Season 8 lead-in featured episode "Sphere of Influence".