"I'm not trying to be a GIF. I'm not trying to be a picked-up-on-Twitter quote. All I'm trying to do is act."Jennifer Shrader Lawrence (born August 15, 1990 in Louisville, Kentucky) is an Academy Award winning actress. Her first big role was in the sitcom The Bill Engvall Show on TBS which ran from 2007-2009, where she played the eldest daughter, Lauren. In 2009 she got the lead role in the drama Winter's Bone and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, later winning for Silver Linings Playbook, the second youngest Best Actress Oscar winner after Marlee Matlin for Children Of A Lesser God. She achieved worldwide fame after being cast as Katniss Everdeen, the heroine in the film adaptation of The Hunger Games, the first of a popular Science Fiction Young Adult book trilogy by Suzanne Collins. In 2013, she appeared in the film American Hustle and received her third Oscar nomination as well as winning her second Golden Globe (having previously won for Silver Linings Playbook) and first BAFTA.At the age of 25, she's the youngest actress to have four Oscar nominations (three for Best Actress and one for Best Supporting Actress) and according to Forbes magazine in 2014 she's the 2nd best highest paid actress, with $34 million.
- The Bill Engvall Show (2007 – 2009) as Lauren Pearson
- The Poker House (2008) as Agnes Baily
- Winter's Bone (2010) as Ree Dolly, her breakout performance which was nominated for an Academy Award.
- House at the End of the Street (filmed in 2010, released in 2012) as Elissa
- The Beaver (2011) as Norah
- Like Crazy (2011) as Sam
- X-Men Film Series (2011 – 2016) as Raven Darkhölme/Mystique:
- The Hunger Games series (2012 – 2015) as Katniss Everdeen:
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012) as Tiffany Maxwell (won an Academy Award)
- Serena (filmed in 2012, released in 2014) as Serena Pemberton
- American Hustle (2013) as Rosalyn Rosenfeld (nominated for Best Supporting Actress)
- Joy (2015) as Joy Mangano
- Passengers (2016, science fiction film also starring Chris Pratt)
Tropes referenced by her work:
- Age Lift: In Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle the characters were originally written to be in their late 30s but were either changed or ignored to reflect twenty-something Lawrence's casting.
- Big Eater: If any of her many food quotes◊ are any indication, she is definitely this.
- Breakup Breakout: She is the most famous alumnus from The Bill Engvall Show.
- Cover Version: "Something Stupid" with Edgar Ramirez for Joy.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Worked out and underwent heavy make-up for Mystique (which gave her a bad rash), and went brunette for Katniss and Tiffany (which fried her hair, so she cut it short after making Catching Fire).
- Ms. Fanservice: Silver Linings Playbook had quite a bit of fanservice from her, as do her roles as Mystique (where she wears a Spy Catsuit for most of the first one, and mostly bodypaint in the sequel); Passengers also its moments in that respect.
- Hollywood Old: In previous movies directed by David O. Russell it was a case of Age Lift but in Joy Jennifer plays the character until she's 20 years older than her real age.
- Old Shame: House at the End of the Street, which she filmed immediately after Winter's Bone and before its release and finally got a release to capitalize on her star power from The Hunger Games.
- Romance on the Set: With X-Men co-star Nicholas Hoult, from 2011 to early 2013, and restarted breifly when they started shooting the sequel. She's currently dating her director on ''Mother'' Darren Aronofsky.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: With House at the End of the Street and more surprisingly Serena (which was made in 2012 but didn't get a US release until 2015).
- Star-Making Role: Winter's Bone got her an Oscar nomination and Silver Linings Playbook an actual Oscar, and X-Men: First Class got her a lot of attention as well, but her role as Katniss Everdeen on The Hunger Games will live on as the role that made her a household name for mainstream audiences.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'9", and her characters almost always tend to be found attractive.
- Those Two Actors: She's about to form a relationship like this with Bradley Cooper. They starred together in Silver Linings Playbook in 2012, in American Hustle in 2013, in Serena in 2014 (which was actually the first to be made) and in Joy in 2015 (which also reunites with Linings and American Hustle director David O. Russell and Linings co-star Robert De Niro). She called Cooper her "work husband".
- Time-Shifted Actor: She plays the younger version of Rebecca Romijn's Mystique in the X-Men films.