"I'm not trying to be a GIF. I'm not trying to be a picked-up-on-Twitter quote. All I'm trying to do is act."Jennifer Shrader Lawrence (born August 15, 1990 in Louisville, Kentucky) is an Academy Award winning actress. Her first big role was in the sitcom The Bill Engvall Show on TBS which ran from 2007-2009, where she played the eldest daughter, Lauren. In 2009 she got the lead role in the drama Winter's Bone and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, later winning for Silver Linings Playbook, the second youngest Best Actress Oscar winner after Marlee Matlin for Children Of A Lesser God. She achieved worldwide fame after being cast as Katniss Everdeen, the heroine in the film adaptation of The Hunger Games, the first of a popular Science Fiction Young Adult book trilogy by Suzanne Collins. In 2013, she appeared in the film American Hustle and received her third Oscar nomination as well as winning her second Golden Globe (having previously won for Silver Linings Playbook) and first BAFTA.At the age of 25, she's the youngest actress to have four Oscar nominations (three for Best Actress and one for Best Supporting Actress) and according to Forbes magazine in 2014 she's the 2nd best highest paid actress, with $34 million.
- The Bill Engvall Show (2007-2009) as Lauren Pearson
- The Poker House (2008) as Agnes Baily
- Winter's Bone (2010) as Ree Dolly, her breakout performance which was nominated for an Academy Award.
- House at the End of the Street (filmed in 2010, released in 2012) as Elissa
- The Beaver (2011) as Norah
- Like Crazy (2011) as Sam
- X-Men film franchise (2011 — 2016) as Raven Darkhölme / Mystique:
- The Hunger Games series (2012 — 2015) as Katniss Everdeen:
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012) as Tiffany Maxwell (won an Academy Award)
- Serena (filmed in 2012, released in 2014) as Serena Pemberton
- American Hustle (2013) as Rosalyn Rosenfeld (nominated for Best Supporting Actress)
- Joy (2015) as Joy Mangano
- Passengers (2016, science fiction film also starring Chris Pratt)
- Absolute Cleavage: Jen is famous for being busty, so her outfits at public events tend to lean toward this. As she explains:"But [also] I’ve got tits and an ass. And there are things that are made for skinny people—like a lot of embroidery, or it covers a lot—and those make me look fat. I have to show the lumps. If you have boobs, you have to show, like, “These are boobs. This isn’t cellulite.” [Laughs.] Not that there’s anything wrong with that."
- Affectionate Nickname: Sometimes referred to as "Jen" or "JLaw" by fans.
- Age Lift: In Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle the characters were originally written to be in their late 30s but were either changed or ignored to reflect twenty-something Lawrence's casting.
- Breakup Breakout: She is the most famous alumnus from The Bill Engvall Show.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: As she explains in a 2016 Harper Bazaar's interview:
- Cover Version: "Something Stupid" with Edgar Ramirez for Joy.
- Fanservice: Silver Linings Playbook had quite a bit of it, as do her roles as Mystique (where she wears a Spy Catsuit for most of the first one, and mostly bodypaint in the sequel).
- Hollywood Old: In previous movies directed by David O. Russell it was a case of Age Lift but in Joy Jennifer plays the character until she's 20 years older than her real age.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'9".
- Time-Shifted Actor: She plays the younger version of Rebecca Romijn in the X-Men films.