Creator: Jennifer Lawrence
Even as far back as when I started acting at 14, I know I've never considered failure.Jennifer Shrader Lawrence, born on 15 August 1990 in Louisville, Kentucky, is an Academy Award winning actress. Her first big role was in the sitcom The Bill Engvall Show on TBS which ran from 2007-2009, where she played the eldest daughter, Lauren. In 2009 she got the lead role in the drama Winter's Bone and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, later winning for Silver Linings Playbook, the second youngest Best Actress Oscar winner after Marlee Matlin for Children Of A Lesser God. She achieved worldwide fame after being cast as Katniss Everdeen, the heroine in the film adaptation of The Hunger Games, the first of a popular Science-Fiction Young Adult book trilogy by Suzanne Collins. In 2013, she appeared in the film American Hustle and received her third Oscar nomination as well as winning her second Golden Globe (having previously won for Silver Linings Playbook) and first BAFTA.At the age of 24, she's the youngest actress to have three Oscar nominations (two for Best Actress and one for Best Supporting Actress) and according to Forbes magazine in 2014 she's the 2nd best highest paid actress, with $34 million.
- The Bill Engvall Show (2007-2009) as Lauren Pearson
- The Poker House (2008) as Agnes Baily
- Winter's Bone (2010) as Ree Dolly, her breakout performance which was nominated for an Academy Award.
- X-Men: First Class (2011) as Raven Darkholme / Mystique
- The Beaver (2011) as Norah
- Like Crazy (2011) as Sam
- The Hunger Games (2012) as Katniss Everdeen, her Star-Making Role.
- House at the End of the Street (filmed in 2010, released in 2012) as Elissa
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012) as Tiffany Maxwell (won an Academy Award)
- American Hustle (2013) as Rosalyn Rosenfeld (nominated for Best Supporting Actress)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) as Katniss Everdeen
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) as Raven Darkholme / Mystique
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (Part 1, 2014; Part 2, 2015) as Katniss Everdeen
- Serena (filmed in 2012, released in 2014) as Serena Pemberton
- Joy (2015) as Joy Mangano
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) as Raven Darkholme / Mystique
- Passengers (no release date yet, filming will start between September-October and also stars Chris Pratt)
- Breakup Breakout: She is unarguably the most famous alumnus from The Bill Engvall Show.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Worked out and underwent heavy make-up for Mystique (which gave her a bad rash), and went brunette for Katniss and Tiffany (which fried her hair, so she cut it short after making Catching Fire).
- Fangirl: Of Kim Kardashian. Yes, really.
- Fanservice: Silver Linings Playbook had quite a bit of it, as do her roles as Mystique (where she wears a Spy Catsuit for most of the first one, and mostly bodypaint in the sequel).
- Old Shame: House at the End of the Street, which she filmed before Winter's Bone and finally got a release to capitalize on her star power from The Hunger Games.
- Promoted Fangirl: Is a self confessed fan of Dumb and Dumber and claims to be able to recite the entire movie from memory, and apparently for this reason she wanted to be in a cameo for the 2014 film; initially reports stated that she had vetoed its release after it was filmed, however Peter and Bobby Farrelly stated that the scene/s had never been filmed due to scheduling conflicts.
- One of Us: An interview in Empire magazine describes her as "like half of a bodyswap comedy where a goofy nerd exchanges personalities with the head cheerleader."Josh Hutcherson: "When I got cast, she called me up for one of those five-minute 'Excited to work with you, blah, blah, blah' things. The conversation started with her saying, 'Think about a catheter going in – ouch!' and then turns into a 45-minute rant about zombies and the apocalypse."
- She's also a huge Harry Potter fan.
- Romance on the Set: With X-Men co-star Nick Hoult, from 2011 to early 2013, and restarted when they started shooting the sequel.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: With House at the End of the Street and more surprisingly Serena (which was made in 2012 but didn't get a US release until 2015).
- Star-Making Role: Winter's Bone got her an Oscar nomination and Silver Linings Playbook an actual Oscar, and X-Men: First Class got her a lot of attention as well, but her role as Katniss Everdeen on The Hunger Games will live on as the role that made her a household name for mainstream audiences.
- Those Two Actors: About to form a relationship like this with Bradley Cooper. They starred together in Silver Linings Playbook in 2012, in American Hustle in 2013, in Serena in 2014 (which was actually the first of the three she shot) and the upcoming Joy in 2015 (which also reunites with Linings and American Hustle director David O. Russell and Linings co-star Robert De Niro). She called Cooper her "work husband".
- What Could Have Been: Auditioned for the role of Bella Swan. Yes, really.