Mia Wasikowska (born October 14, 1989) is an Australian actress best known for playing the eponymous role in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (2010), the eponymous role in Jane Eyre and Edith in Crimson Peak.
She appeared in:
- Defiance (2008) - Chaya Dziencielsky
- The Kids Are All Right (2009) - Joni
- Amelia (2009) - Elinor Smith
- Alice in Wonderland (2010) (2010) - Alice Kingsleigh
- Jane Eyre (2011) - Jane Eyre
- Restless (2001) - Annabel "Annie" Cotton
- Lawless (2012) - Bertha Minnix
- Stoker (2012) - India Stoker
- Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) - Ava
- Tracks (2013) - Robyn Davidson
- Crimson Peak (2015) - Edith Cushing
This actress provides examples of:
- Boyish Short Hair: For her role in Restless, her hair was cut to a pixie style, and had that look when she attended the premiere of Alice in Wonderland (2010).
- Fake Nationality: Her roles tend to be a Fake American or a Fake Brit. Averted in Tracks, where she gets to use her natural accent.
- Protagonist Title: She played the titular Alice in Wonderland (2010) and Jane Eyre. Stoker also counts since it's a Family Title movie.
- Star-Making Role: Playing Alice Kingsleigh gave her a boost.
- She also got some notice a little earlier on for In Treatment, where she, as an elder teenager, managed to hold her own against Gabriel Byrne.