Mia Wasikowska (born October 14, 1989) is an Australian actressnote best known for playing the eponymous role in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and the eponymous role in Jane Eyre.
She appeared in:
- Alice in Wonderland (2010) - Alice Kingsleigh
- Jane Eyre (2011) - Jane Eyre
- Restless (2011) - Annabel "Annie" Cotton
- Lawless (2012) - Bertha Minnix
- Stoker (2012) - India Stoker
- Madame Bovary (2012) - Emma Bovary
- Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) - Ava
- Tracks (2013) - Robyn Davidson
- Crimson Peak (2015) - Edith Cushing
- The Man with the Iron Heart (2017) - Anna Novak
- Damsel (2018) - Penelope
This actress provides examples of:
- Boyish Short Hair: For her role in Restless, her hair was cut to a pixie style.
- Fake Nationality: Her roles tend to be a Fake American or a Fake Brit. Averted in Tracks, where she gets to use her natural accent.
- Protagonist Title: She played the titular Alice in Wonderland and Jane Eyre. Stoker also counts since it's a Family Title movie.
- Star-Making Role: Playing Alice Kingsleigh gave her quite a sizeable boost.
- She also got some notice a little earlier on for In Treatment, where she, as an elder teenager, managed to hold her own against Gabriel Byrne.