The chick from Twilight
. Known for looking moody, biting her lip, and getting to kiss Robert Pattinson
Prior to Twilight
, Stewart was a little-known actress who appeared mostly in independent films, occasionally getting supporting roles in studio films. At age ten, she had her first major role playing Jodie Foster
's daughter in Panic Room
. During this period, she was generally considered to be an up-and-coming talent by those who were aware of her.
However, after her role in Twilight
, public opinion of her has deteriorated a bit. Stewart, who comes off as a bit of a Shrinking Violet
, makes it pretty clear that she does not enjoy being famous, doesn't like the series and generally preferred her pre-Twilight
She has also played Snow White
in Snow White and the Huntsman
. She has also been approached for a role in the upcoming live-action AKIRA movie
This actress provides examples of:
- Adorkable: She's so shy and awkward she usually comes across as this.
- Character Tics: She has a habit of biting her lower lip, which she shares with Bella Swan.
- Cluster F-Bomb: She has been known to drop these on set when she messes up a take. She also curses like a sailor in interviews.
- The Danza: In Cold Creek Manor, she played a character called Kristen Tilson.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dull Surprise: Isn't generally known for her emotive acting. That said, it's worked well for her in some roles, such as the one she played in Speak.
- Doing It for the Art: She agreed to a salary of less than $200,000 for her role as Marylou in the film adaptation of Jack Kerouac's On The Road after its budget was drastically cut, purely out of love for the novel.
- Dyeing For Your Art: For her role as a runaway teenage stripper in Welcome to the Rileys, she learned how to pole dance, deprived herself of sleep, chain-smoked, and ate mostly junk food. As a result her body and legs were covered with bruises, her skin was blemished, and she constantly looked tired.
- Fake Brit: Her accent in Snow White and the Huntsman holds up rather well.
- She's Got Legs: Always wears very short skirts on talk shows.
- Shrinking Violet: She really does not like being in the spotlight. For example, watch the 85th Academy Awards where she presents an Oscar with Daniel Radcliffe and see how uncomfortable she is compared to him.