Creator: Cameron Diaz
Cameron Michelle Diaz (born August 30, 1972) is an American actress, former model and part time vocal actor.She became famous during the 1990s with roles in the movies The Mask, My Best Friends Wedding and There's Something About Mary.Other high-profile credits include the two Charlie's Angels films, Bad Teacher and voicing the character Princess Fiona for the Shrek series. Diaz received Golden Globe award nominations for her performances in There's Something About Mary, Being John Malkovich, Vanilla Sky and Gangs of New York.
- The Mask (Tina Carlyle)-1994
- The Last Supper (Jude)-1997
- My Best Friends Wedding (Kimberly Wallace)-1997
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Blonde TV Reporter) -1998
- There's Something About Mary (Mary Jensen)-1998
- Being John Malkovich (Lotte Schwartz)-1999
- Charlie's Angels (Natalie Cook)-2000 to 2004
- Shrek (Princess Fiona)-2001 to 2010
- Vanilla Sky (Julie Gianni)-2001
- Gangs of New York (Jenny Everdeane)-2002
- In Her Shoes (Maggie Feller)-2006
- The Holiday (Amanda Woods)-2006
- My Sister's Keeper (Sara Fitzgerald)-2009
- Knight and Day (June Havens)-2010
- Bad Teacher (Elizabeth Halsey)-2011
- What to Expect When You're Expecting (Jules Baxter) -2012
- The Counselor (Malkina) -2013
- The Other Woman (Carly Whitten) -2014
- Annie (2014) (Colleen Hannigan) -2014
- Action Girl: Used in half her movies; for example, Knight and Day and Charlie's Angels.
- Author Appeal: Diaz loves doing crowd sing-alongs in her movies.
- Absolute Cleavage: In Charlie's Angels.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: A few roles.
- The Cutie: A few roles.
- Chick Flick: Half her films.
- Darker and Edgier: Vanilla Sky was a start.
- Dance Party Ending: The vast majority of her comedies feature an ending using this trope. Shrek, There's Something About Mary, and Charlie's Angels, to name a few.
- Gasshole: She won Nickelodeon's inaugural Best Burp at the Kids' Choice Awards.
- The Lad-ette: Played Ladettes in There's Something About Mary and the Shrek films. In Any Given Sunday, her father was an American Football team owner and possibly ex-player who raised her like she was a guy.
- Ms. Fanservice: Often her roles present her as lust object.
- Non-Singing Voice: Her singing voice in The Mask was dubbed. Her terrible singing in My Best Friends Wedding is what she really sounds like. (For Shrek, she was dubbed over again because her natural voice wasn't bad enough.)
- Playing Against Type: Being John Malkovich and Bad Teacher. Any Given Sunday featured her as a rather cold blooded, ruthless and manipulative owner of an American Football team.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: There's Something About Mary and My Best Friends Wedding.
- Type Casting: She always the ditzy, giggly blonde in Romantic Comedies. Sofia Coppola takes a not-too-subtle dig at this with Anna Faris's character in Lost in Translation.
- What Could Have Been: Was originally cast in Mortal Kombat as Sonya as part of a three-movie deal with New Line Cinema, only to break her wrist during training.