Eric Marlon Bishop (born December 13, 1967), known professionally as Jamie Foxx, is an American actor, singer, songwriter, and stand-up comedian. As an actor, his work in the 2004 Ray Charles Bio Pic Ray
earned him the Academy Award
and BAFTA Award for Best Actor as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a musical or comedy. The same year, he was nominated for the Academy Award
for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the action film Collateral
He is also a Grammy Award-winning musician, producing three albums which have charted highly on the Billboard200: Unpredictable
(2005), which topped the chart, Intuition
(2008), and Best Night of My Life
He appeared in:
- Character Title: He plays with these a lot. And by play, it means Playing With Atrope. He also appeared in works where he's not the title character
- The Danza: Jamie King in The Jamie Foxx Show.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: His songs are often used in his films, especially around the Turn of the Millennium.
- Dyeing for Your Art: To play Ray Charles from the years 1949 to 1979, he dropped more than 30 pounds, going from 189 to 157.
- Genre Savvy: The reason he changed his first name to Jamie is because it is a Gender-Blender Name. In comedy clubs, female comics often perform before the male comics so when a club manager read his name on the list, he would often be moved up on the list of performers.
- The Host: Of the MTV Music Video Awards in 2001.
- Shout-Out: His last name in his Stage Name comes from his favorite comedian Redd Foxx.
- Stage Name: His real name is Eric Marlon Bishop.
- Star-Making Role: The titular Ray Charles.
- Those Two Actors: His constant co-stars are Kerry Washington, Gerard Butler, Robert Downey, Jr., Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Garner.
- What Could Have Been: