Film / Fierce People
is a 2005 American drama film adapted by Dirk Wittenborn from his novel (2002) by the same name. Directed by Griffin Dunne, it starred Anton Yelchin
, Diane Lane, Chris Evans
, Donald Sutherland
, and Kristen Stewart
This film features examples of:
- Ax-Crazy: Bryce apparently shot his father, and raped Finn out of jealousy.
- And then smothers his grandfather when confronted.
- Bilingual Bonus: The Iskanani shaman when Finn is lying down with that ridiculous headdress trying to recover from the effects of liquid acid is actually speaking Tagalog! (And even better, some of his lines are applicable in context!)
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Bryce.
- Catchphrase: Bryce uses the compliment "Gentleman and a scholar" frequently enough.
- Chekhov's Gun
- The lighter.
- Also the curved piece of metal Finn found in the woods, and the bear trap.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Liz calls Finn "Lambie." After his assault, he asks her not to call him that anymore.
- Happy Ending Massage: though Liz Earl has a degree in massage therapy and is very good at her work, her various addictions and single motherhood in New York sometimes led to this. And when she comes to Vlyvalle to work, everyone assumes this is what she gives to Mr. Osbourne.
- Heroic Bastard: Finn's father, Fox Blanchard, is a famous anthropologist; Finn was conceived shortly after his mother attended one of Fox's lectures.
- Rape as Drama
- Vorpal Pillow
- Wham Line: when Liz asks Whitney who raped her son, his answer is "Gentleman and a scholar."