Creator: Donald Sutherland
Just another day in the life of Donald Sutherland.
Donald McNichol Sutherland (born 1935) is one of the most prolific Canadian actors of the 20th century, with a career spanning fifty years. He is also the father of Kiefer Sutherland
Among his films:
Sutherland also was a regular on the TV series Commander In Chief
(2005-06) and Dirty Sexy Money
- Badass Long Coat: Wore an awesome one in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- The Cameo: In the "That's Armageddon" sketch in The Kentucky Fried Movie.
- Cool Old Guy: Originally, Sutherland's role in The Hunger Games was supposed to be a quick cameo, keeping in line with the books. After receiving the script, he wrote a lengthy letter to director Gary Ross, describing his interpretation of President Snow. Ross liked this so much that he wrote many additional scenes exploring the themes of the letter. You can find the letter online, but the DVD special features has Sutherland reading it aloud.
- Fake American: Most of his roles fall into this.
- No Stunt Double: Sutherland insisted on performing his own stunts in the climax of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, which caused director Philip Kaufman to become extremely nervous as his scenes were filmed without a harness or nets.
- Real-Life Relative: Averted in 24. He was slated to play the father of Jack Bauer, played by his son Kiefer, but was unavailable.