"The most significant piece of advice my father gave me early on about acting was, don't get caught acting. Really believe in what you're doing and then commit to it. Even if it feels uncomfortable, even if you feel that you're gonna look like an ass. It's all acting, but find the truth in a moment as opposed to just pretending you have and rather than trying to act your way out of it."Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) is a Canadian actor, best known for the role of Jack Bauer in the TV series 24.He is the son (and near spitting image) of actor Donald Sutherland.
Kiefer Sutherland is known for:
- Stand by Me (1986) as Ace
- The Lost Boys (1987) as David
- Young Guns (1988) as Gordon "Doc" Scurlock
- Young Guns II (1990)
- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992) as FBI Agent Sam Stanley
- A Few Good Men (1992) as Lt. Jonathan Kendrick
- The Three Musketeers (1993) as Athos
- Freeway (1996) as Bob Wolverton
- Eye for an Eye (1996) as Robert Doob
- A Time to Kill (1996) as Freddie Lee Cobb
- Armitage III: Polymatrix (1996) as Ross Sylibus
- Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) as Curtis Freley
- Dark City (1998) as Dr. Daniel Schreber
- 24 (2001-2010) as Jack Bauer
- Phone Booth (2002) as The Caller
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008) as Cpl./Sgt. Roebuck
- Mirrors (2008) as Ben
- Melancholia (2011) as John
- Touch (2012-2013) as Martin Bohm
- Metal Gear Solid V:Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain (2014) as Snake/Big Boss
- Designated Survivor (2016-2018) as Tom Kirkman
This actor provides examples of:
- Famous Ancestor: His maternal grandfather Tommy Douglas is the guy chiefly responsible for every Canadian having health insurance and voted “Greatest Canadian” in a 2004 poll. Kiefer’s dedicated at least one statue of him.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Sutherland is an avowed liberal and altogether decent guy, and takes on some rather vile roles as a way of speaking out against the characters he plays as.
"From here on out, you're Big Boss."