Studio 100 is a Belgian production company that produces popular children's television shows. The company was founded in 1996 by Gert Verhulst, Danny Verbiest, and Hans Bourlon when the children's program Samson En Gert was produced. The company currently has a total of 4 theme parks across Europe (mainly Belgium), the most well-known of which are Plopsaland De Panne and Plopsa Indoor Hasselt, and a water park called Plopsa Coo.Their official website can be found here. The sites for the theme parks are here: Plopsaland De Panne and Plopsa Indoor Hasselt
Studio 100 Shows:
- Kabouter Plop
- Maya the Bee
- Piet Piraat
- Samson En Gert
- Mega Mindy
- Wizzy & Woppy
- Big & Betsy
- Vicky the Viking (Wickie de Viking)
Tropes associated with Studio 100:
- All-CGI Cartoon: Maya The Bee, Vicky The Viking and Heidi are currently the only Studio 100 shows that aren't in Live-Action.
- Cash Cow Franchise: Among Studio 100's most popular franchises are Kabouter Plop, Samson En Gert, Piet Piraat and Maya The Bee. Studio 100 is so popular that it currently has a total of 4 theme parks in Europe, and a 5th upcoming.
- Crossover: The Samson En Gert song "Droom", which celebrates its 20th anniversary, featured various Studio 100 characters singing, including the gnomes from Kabouter Plop, Dobus, and Mega Mindy. Another song, "Feest" adds even more characters to the mix, mostly from newer programs but old faces like Samson & Gert, Bumba, Mega Mindy and Plop and friends are present as well.
- Ear Worm: Let's just say if you listen to any songs by Studio 100 you will have a hard time getting most of these songs out of your head.
- Gag Series: Bumba,Kabouter Plop, Wizzy & Woppy,Dobus are mostly silly and would sometimes be slapstick themed.
- Live-Action TV: Studio 100 is mostly known for producing Live-Action children's television shows that air on channels such as Z@ppelin in the Netherlands and VTM Kzoom in Belgium
- Non-Ironic Clown: Dobus has a total of three clown characters who actually love making people laugh.