Dragon Storm takes place in medieval Europe, where dragons suddenly arrive from space and start burning people and castles. It's a Sci-Fi Channel original movie, but arguably one of their best.
Tropes in the film:
- Action Girl: Princess Medina and Nessa.
- Attack Its Weak Point: Hit dragons in their breath sack and they explode.
- Chekhov's Skill: Dragons explode when you hit their Weak Point.
- The End... Or Is It?: At the end we see a single "meteor" flying through space...
- Fanservice: Princess Medina gets an undressing scene.
- The Dragonslayer: The protagonists' task is to slay the dragons.
- I Have Your Wife: Theldag is being forced into killing Silas. He is killed by Medina while hesitating.
- The Hero: Silas.
- Large Ham: John Rhys-Davies as King Fastrad, of course.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: John Rhys-Davies versus Tony Amendola
- Our Dragons Are Different: They're from space!
- Siege Engines: A ballista is used by the protagonists against the dragons.
- Tomboy Princess: Medina.
- Warrior Monk: Ling.
- What Have You Done for Me Lately?: "Whatever came out of the east?"