Manga: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san
Who says cats and dogs don't get along?
Suzu Nekoyama is a dog loving cat like girl who meets the cat loving dog like Yachiyo Inugami, the two fall for one another instantly. Now join them and their owner- uh, I mean friend, Aki Hiiragi, as they meet the more weird members of their school.
A 4-koma yuri manga that focuses on a cast of characters who really live up to their names.
An anime adaptation aired in Spring 2014
, consisting of twelve three-minute episodes and a four-minute OVA.
- A-Cup Angst: Nekoyama takes a compliment from Inugami about being small and cute as an insult about her breasts.
- Animal Theme Naming: Everyone has an animal in their name, even Aki, though hers is the word for "person".
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- In episode 3, when Inugami starts licking the tea off of Nekoyama as per her commands, Aki shouts: "You're going to change our airtime!"
- In Episode 13, when Inugami asked Aki and Nekoyama where will be the next destination for their next trip, and Aki replied that "it will depend on everyone's support".
- Cast Full of Gay: Every named character has shown to be more than a little gay.
- Cat Girl: Nekoyama acts a lot like a cat and her hair sometimes looks like cat ears.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Nekoyama is less than amused that Inugami flirts with every girl in existence.
- Chick Magnet: Nekoyama's older sister spends most of her late nights with a different girl each time.
- Childhood Friends: Torikai and Sarutobi.
- Double Entendre: In episode 4, talking about karaoke.
- Drunk on Milk: Nekoyama gets drunk on catnip tea.
- Expressive Hair: Inugami's ponytail will often swing back and forth like a dog wagging its tail.
- Gratuitous Russian: In Episode 7 of the anime, while pretending not to have heard something said by Sarutobi, Inugami blurts out "Povtorite!" (Russian for "Repeat!") for no apparent reason, other than her being voiced by known Russophile Sumire Uesaka.
- Hot Springs Episode: Episode 13, included in the Blu-ray.
- Ill Girl: Torikai spends a lot of time in the hospital.
- Incest Subtext: Nekoyama's big sister slips into her bed, hugs her and bites her ear in episode 11.
- Last Name Basis: Other than Aki, everyone is referred to by their family name.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Inugami likes girls almost as much as she likes cats.
- Love Dodecahedron: While there are several romantic pairings it is pretty common for them to criss-cross or become tangled up, especially since no two characters can be in the same room without flirting and making sexual advances at one another.
- Meaningful Name/Animal Motifs: Everyone's personality tends to reflect that of the animal in their name.
- The Nicknamer: Torikai gives everyone a nickname based on the sound the animal in their name makes, like Nyan-san for Nekoyama or Wan-san for Inugami.
- Only Sane Man: Aki, as shown through her statis as owner.
- Pool Episode: Episode 10.
- Shout-Out: The last song that Nekoyama sings in the karaoke episode is the theme to Strange+. Both anime were produced by the studio Seven.
- Sick Episode: Nekoyama catches a cold in episode 11.
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo: Aki, though she is a little more sociable then is usual for the trope.
- The Tease: Inugami will flirt outrageously with Nekoyama and Aki, as well as any other girl she might see. Nezu also likes to flirt with Nekoyama and Inugami. Nekoyama's older sister is also apparently this.
- Theme Tune Cameo: The ending theme is sung during karaoke in episode 5.
- Threesome Subtext: There is definitely a special relationship between Nekoyama, Inugami, and Aki. Similar to an owner with a cat and a dog.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Inugami is weirdly proud of being a dog and a masochist.
- Trademark Favorite Food: As befits a mouse, Nezu really likes cheese.
- Triang Relations: The focus of chapter 4, Aki, Inugami, and Nekoyama are shown to be somewhere between a type 8 and type 9. Inugami and Nekoyama are very into one another, but Inugami seems equally into Aki, and Nekoyama accuses the two of flirting on occasion. Nekoyama and Aki themselves have become good friends and when Aki is asked which of the two she rather be stuck on a desert island with she said Nekoyama, prompting Inugami to call her a "cheating whore" despite the fact she had said the same thing when asked earlier. Aki herself will only admit to not hating either one.
- Tsundere: Nekoyama. Aki, probably even more so.
- Yonkoma: The manga is in this style.
- Yuri: Extremely obvious.