Fanservice trope, and a subtrope of Marshmallow Hell and Accidental Pervert. Someone turns to leave, is running without looking where they're going or trips over (if they are One Head Taller)... and buries their face directly into someone's feminine assets, pushing it apart with the same effect as a car's airbag deploying and absorbing the shock. Sometimes they bounce off, sometimes they get stuck. Hilarity Ensues. What differentiates this from Marshmallow Hell is:
- It's never intentional, on either side. Whether or not people who were watching think otherwise is part of the joke.
- Can happen to both genders — in fact, since the stationary woman has to be one and a half heads taller, women tend to be the primary demographic. (See the MegaTokyo pic to the right.)
- Available to all ages, especially those old enough to enjoy it.
open/close all folders
- In one currently airing reality show commercial, a preteen boy and his older sister go in for a chest bump. However, the older sister is definitely outside of his age range and looks suitably more mature. So they go up for the chest bump normally, but he winds up on the floor.
- In The Ladders advert at the beginning a man is pushed over by a woman chest first 
Anime & Manga
- Hilariously done with Sakura running into Tsunade's boobs even though Tsunade should have been right in her field of vision. In Sakura's defense, Tsunade is a legendary ninja; it is possible she can hide in plain sight.
- Konohamaru does the same thing, but he likes it — that is, before he realizes who it is.
- Natsuki's half-trip/half-push-into the amazing Haruka in Minami-ke. She knows it's an accident, but punches him anyway to make it clear to everyone that it's Not What It Looks Like. Still worth it. And he agrees with the punch.
- It's happened many times since then, but in a one-off special, Bleach's Toshiro Hitsugaya's very first meeting with his future lieutenant Rangiku Matsumoto is when she rams into him, chest-first. It's Meet Cute with two zeppelins. He's knocked off his feet; extraordinary.
- Ogiue's run-in(to) with Ohno at the Comic Fest in Genshiken.
- A gentler one: in Mahou Sensei Negima!!, Negi's first meeting with Shizuna-sensei. It's used as a straight Marshmallow Hell to establish that he's still a child, when he's merely embarrassed. Although in this case, it's more of a "wumph" than a "boing."
- From the above scene: "Can I... have a cookie?"
- Ironically, the Marshmallow Hell incident that gave that trope its name was actually started by a Funbag Airbag moment: Negi didn't watch where he was going while swimming, smacked headfirst into the bustiest girl in the class, and somehow got caught in her bikini top in the process. The other girls just took it way too far (as usual for them).
- Yuuichi into Mai in the first episode of Mai-HiME. She blushes, yelps, bolts a short distance down the hall, then turns and yells "Idiot! Pervert! Sicko!" back at him. She does hit him later on in the episode, but that was right after she snapped out of the shocked state that witnessing a highly destructive supernatural confrontation had put her into and started having a massive freak out, so it may not have had anything to do with the earlier incident.
- Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai has several instances of this happening to Sasshi and the side character Mune-Mune.
- Who is, as it happens, his dead grandmother.
- Variation: Vandread has Hibiki falling into the...other cleavage.
- Comic Party has this same thing happen to the male lead in the fourth episode. He takes several seconds, during which the female even cheerfully asks if he's alright, before he finally realizes what's occurred.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann:
- Simon is walking with his head down and ashamed of being a driller... when he bumps into Kamina's waist. The only thing that comes out, though, is Kamina saying in an encouraging tone "Walk with your head tall and proud, Simon!".
- A more traditional version happens with Simon landing on top of/in between Yoko shortly after they first meet. She gives a heartwarmingly reassuring smile when they make eye contact, showing that she understand it was an accident and isn't mad at him for it.
- In Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince Of Darkness, Harry first meets Minato chest-first. The poor boy ends up with a full-body Luminescent Blush before he can disengage. The dub takes it a step further, where deep in his self-recrimination (the reason he was so distracted), he calls himself a boob just before impact.
- Kaoru gets one of these in the Ai Yori Aoshi manga when he bumps into an Aoi-lookalike Santa Claus.
- He got a dose of marshmallow heaven from the genuine article the first night of their reacquaintance when she grabbed him in her sleep. ("I can't breathe!")
- Too many times to count in Love Hina.
- It's half the manga's humor, with the other half being the subsequent near-lethal beating that Keitaro receives.
- Giant Amazon Aphelandra does this to Monkey D. Luffy in One Piece. It's more of a straight-up tackle than Marshmallow Hell though, since the amazons are actively trying to kill him at this point.
- In Rizelmine Aoi has apparently gone head-first into Kyouko chest so many times that she is able to recognise her in disguise merely by the feeling of the taller girl's boobs on her face.
- Inverted in Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch: When Lucia trips and falls, Kaito's face serves as the airbag for her funbags.
- Read or Die The TV: when Nenene Sumiregawa is finally reunited with the considerably busty Yomiko Readman, she takes a flying dive and face-plants into her chest.
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight. An administrator is waxing philosophical about his double life (the game and the real world) only to walk into another character's breasts. He looks up at her amused/pissed face, and delivers the line "And now I'm caught between two worlds." SLAP.
- Shugo has his own moment when he runs into another player's giant boobs, which jiggle kind of...oddly. Then it cuts to a ground-up shot so we can watch from below as her nipples, uh, twinkle.
- Baccano!: Jacuzzi Splot gets one of these when he runs into Isaac and Miria in a cramped hallway aboard the Flying Pussyfoot. For extra points, Jacuzzi accidentally catches on Miria's (strapless) dress and pulls it down as he falls, meaning he doesn't just get a face full of Miria's boobage, he gets a face full of Miria's naked boobage. Poor, lucky bastard.
- Happens in Mahoromatic. Poor Suguru...
- In the chapter of the Hentai manga Secret Plot Deep called "Little Heart Big Body" the lucky bastard is a pudgy gofer who trips and falls smack into Hot Teacher Saeko's chest (Miki Yamaguchi if reading the English version). Her response? "You oughta be careful, there won't always be an airbag or two handy next time."
- It turns out she was right, as this literally happens in both senses of the words when she drives him home, fantasizes of his gratitude of her making a man out of him, and almost causes an accident. He lands smack-dab in her chest AGAIN. "See, I told you an airbag would come in handy next time!"
- It's never acknowledged by the characters, but in the first episode of InuYasha, when Mistress Centipede has Kagome pinned to the sacred tree (and thus, Inu-Yasha), Kagome's face is pretty much right in Inu-Yasha's crotch.
- In Mahoraba, Asami bumps into Tachibana this way when she rushes out of her room in her new home.
- In Hayate the Combat Butler Hayate observes Maria to play a joke on her, the moment Hayate spots a pun well...
- In Karneval this is how Nai first meets Eva. Shame he's too young and naive to appreciate it...
- To Love-Ru gives us the Funbag Airbag Sandwich!◊
- Cyber Team in Akihabara features this nearly every time Hibari encounters Blood Falcon. After a while, she lets out a complaint along the lines of "Not this again!"
- In Nurse Witch Komugi, the well-endowed Magical Maid Koyori accidentally kills someone this way.
- In Beach Stars, Iruka Nanase has a one of these with Ono Reika in chapter seven. Ono then remarks on her "airbags" on the very next page.
- Rebuild of Evangelion. Shinji and Mari after she drops from the sky by parachute!
- Zatch Bell!. In episode six, Kiyo has his book stolen by a disgruntled patient and attempts to chase after the patient. However, he ends up running straight into the chest of a nurse who proceeds to JAM his head in there so as to keep him from running away, seeing as he's still recovering from an attack. From then on it becomes a Marshmallow Hell.
- In the first episode of Maburaho, Kazuki accidentally runs straight into Kuriko's chest. She then places him in Marshmallow Hell.
- The fourth Black Lagoon omake has the entire cast undergo a Gender Flip, and Female!Rock meets up with the very well endowed Female!Chang this way.
- Tantei Opera Milky Holmes turns this into a plot point. Sherlock is finally able to realize that Gentleman Thief Arsene and Student Council President Henriette are the same person because she's gotten stuck in their breasts, and knows the boyoyon feeling.
- Hanaukyō Maid Tai
- Episode 3. After Taro gets off a couch he accidentally falls face first into Mariel's chest.
- Episode 6. While running around a corner Taro runs into the mansion's nurse.
- In Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vi Vid, Rio and Corona first meet Harri/Harry/Hallie Tribeca when Corona accidentally walks face first into the breasts of one of the latter's gang members.
- In the Midori Days anime, Midori does this to herself.
- In Infinite Stratos, this happens when Lingyin was running away from Cecilia. During which, she runs face first into Chifuyu's breast.
- Inverted in Rosario + Vampire: When Kurumu dives into Moka's mind to rescue Tsukune, Mizore, and Tohofuhai, the first thing they see of her is Kumuru flying in, wings and tail ready and everyone is wondering how the hell she got in there. Then she glomps Tsukune at flight speed. You'd think that would hurt, but when she's upright again, Tsukune is just buried in her cleavage. No harm done.
- Inverted in Sekirei: Minato's first encounter with Musubi happens when she literally falls out of the sky onto him, boobs-first to the face.
- In Soul Eater Not!, Tsugumi first meets Meme when the she gets knocked over and faceplants into Meme's ample assets.
- Happens in the first chapter of Koko Ga Uwasa No El Palacio.
- Happened in the first episode of Maicchingu Machiko Sensei when two boys steal the eponymous character's panties and try to run away, only for her to head them off around a corner.
- In the nineteenth episode of Yu Gi Oh ZEXAL, Yuma, in his rush downstairs to get to class, doesn't notice his older sister Akari until he crashes face first into her breasts, getting knocked flat on his rear from the recoil.
- In After War Gundam X, Garrod accidentally does this to Pala Sys, twice in the same episode.
- Little Busters!: In one scene, Kud is running to catch a ball and accidentally runs into Kurugaya's hefty chest. Though Kurugaya's immediate response is to hold her head in place, regardless of Kud's flailing or the sweatdrops of the other girls around.
- In Don't Become an Otaku, Shinozaki-san!, Kaede gets pushed into Akina while in a crowd rush. Poor Micchy is not so lucky and just gets squished up against a wall. In a later chapter, Akina gets shoved into Ayu's chest, much to her enjoyment, then Kaede's which almost kills her.
- Happened once in Strangers in Paradise. ("I'll give you first base, but second will cost you your legs.")
- In Penthouse ComiX, this is how Young Captain Adventure meets Hericane. He's embarrassed but she's fascinated by him. This leads to Slap-Slap-Kiss and Destructo-Nookie on a superhero scale a few pages later.
- Dreamkeepers has Mace berating Whip for enjoying Marshmallow Hell, only to have him bump into Lillith's chest.
- Happened (unsurprisingly) in Power Girl with a teenage boy running into Kara.◊
- In the Tamers Forever Series, during the battle against the Nightmare, Gallantmon ends up being thrown face first onto Sakuyamon's breasts. Turned into a Crowning Moment of Funny thanks to this exchange:
Rika: Keep your face out of my breasts next time!
Takato Well, Rika, technically, those are not your breasts, you still don't…
*SMACK* *THWACK!* *POW!*
- Happens in Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox, during one scene when Naruto is fleeing from Ino and Choji (who both want to beat him up for spilling a pudding and a burger)...and winds up running right into Kurenai's chest. Kurenai takes it in stride at first, but later gets comically unhinged when Kakashi teases her about it.
- In Discworld fic The Lancre Caper, a young stealth archaeologist called Alice Band is outclassed by a peril she has never before encountered - Nac Mac Feegle. Whilst holding her immobile, one imprudent Feegle discovers human women have breasts. And goes bouncy-castle until restrained by the Big Yin.
Films — Animation
- Happened chastely in The Iron Giant for a quarter of a second. Special Agent Kent Mansly (He works for the govern— SLAM!) knocks on the front door of the house, rehearsing his lines and staring at Hogarth's damaged BB gun when the door is opened by Hogarth's mom, Anne. Kent rapidly raises his head to talk to her and smacks it accidentally into the underside of her ample cleavage, resulting in a BOINNNG sound.
Films — Live-Action
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit: while pulling up his pants, Eddie bumps his head on Jessica's bosom.
- In the live movie adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, the eponymous character ends up being ejected from a garbage chute, ricocheting off a drum, pulling a banner like a slingshot, and landing with his face in the cleavage of Martha Mae Whovie. "Hello, Martha."
- Subverted in Dirty Work. Note to self: Aunt Rose(?) is your aunt!
- Elvira's Haunted Hills has a literal example: A bumpy carriage ride results in a guy being catapulted into Elvira's chest!
- The Alternate Reality Episode Eighth Doctor in the Doctor Who Eighth Doctor Adventures novel The Blue Angel probably would have enjoyed this particular advantage of being rather short more if he weren't Ambiguously Gay.
On my way up the stairs, though, I walked straight into the medium herself, surrounded by her entourage. I bumped right into her, my nose centimetres away from her plump pink bust.
- Star Trek: Enterprise. Captain Archer and his Ms. Fanservice science officer T'Pol are captured and tied together by rebels in "Shadows of P'Jem". Whilst struggling to free themselves they trip and Archer's face ends up right between the best Vulcan peaks outside Mt. Seleya.
- Two and a Half Men: Alan and Charlie are removing a passed out, scantily-clad woman from Charlie's bed, and Alan, who is carrying her by the arms, slips and falls on her. We don't see how he falls, but we do hear his muffled reply: "Oh, my God! They're real."
- That would be the lovely Diora Baird, who's made most of her career off having Gag Boobs.
- This happens to Jin and Asuka during Asuka's ending in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection. Jin is disoriented after reverting from his Devil form to his normal form, stumbles, and lands face-first in Asuka's cleavage. She shoves him away after about ten seconds, leaving him disoriented and confused.
- A more literal example in the flash-game Nanaca?Crash!!, where running into Misato (the girl in green) usually ends the game immediately.
- Humorously subverted in the Metal Gear Solid 3 short "Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser". Raiden time-travels to the scene of The Boss showing Naked Snake a scar on her chest, and so happens to teleport in such that he's making a beeline for her cleavage. He stares at it for several seconds, then gets bitch-slapped by her, Snake gasps in horror, and Raiden teleports out once more, but not without the Colonel shouting "TIME PARADOX!"
- In the intro for Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar, a sudden quake makes a guy fall face-first into his girlfriend's assets.
- Poini Coon uses Esmeralda's chest as a face-first landing cushion during the Otomedius Excellent trailer.
- Near the end of stage 1 of Lollipop Chainsaw, Morikawa-sensei is sent flying into Juliet's chest (twice) after getting his head handed to him by Swan.
- In Dead Rising 3 after defeating Sgt. Hilde Schmittendorf, Nick gets his face into her cleavage by accident after he falls on top of her after they both crash through a window. Nick also inadvertently retrieves the flash drive she was storing in her cleavage with his mouth.
- In SHUFFLE!, Rin stumbles in the classroom and crashes into Nerine. She takes advantage of the situation by giving him a hug, which is a lot more forward than her usual demure personality.
- When Tang's Weekly Comic has some guest characters from another comic over, the sheer pertness of Lucy's breasts rebounds Tang across the room.
- Dave's comfy, sexy death in College Roomies from Hell!!!.
- In this strip in The Suburban Jungle, Tiffany's younger brother Louis faceplants into Leona's cleavage.
- Happens in this Ménage à 3 strip, setting the tone for DiDi's place in the comic.
- Dominic Deegan takes it in rather good humor here. Hell, after getting smacked by those, you'd kinda have to.
- Happens in this panel of the webcomic I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space.
- Happens between Karen and Aggie in Penny and Aggie; Aggie is worried because it turns her on a bit.
- Between Failures - Thomas is deliberately pushed into Carol, with whom he has a serious case of BST. SMISH!.
- It happens to Shelly in this strip of Wapsi Square.
- In Pacificators, this happens with Daryl and Aphrodite. The kicker? Aphrodite was invisible at the time, so Daryl had absolutely no idea she was there.
- In the pilot of Korgoth of Barbaria, one of the thugs in the bar fight gets flung across the room by Korgoth, and he lands face-first in a barmaid's cleavage. He doesn't leave to rejoin the fight (considering the guy he was fighting, it's an excellent idea).
- In Family Guy, Quagmire makes this trope literal. His car has blow-up sex dolls in place of airbags, so when he crashes it results in this trope.
- Happens to Woody Woodpecker in the cartoon "A Fine Feathered Frenzy." While he is trying to escape from Gorgeous Gal, a love-struck old overweight yet wealthy crow he opens a door while not looking where he was going. Behind the door Gorgeous was waiting for Woody with her lips puckered. He runs right into her chest and bounces off. Since she was so overweight it's not apparent that his head lands into her breasts right away. Before he bounces away she grabs him around his waist, gazes at him lovingly and kisses him on both cheeks. The Woodpecker escapes even though there's a lot more propositioning, flirting and kissing from Gorgeous Gal in his immediate future.
- Gravity Falls: In the second season episode "Into The Bunker", when Dipper and Wendy are inside a decontamination chamber, air vents push them together. His face lands on her chest, but they bounce apart so quickly that Wendy doesn't seem to notice and Dipper only looks very briefly. In the original storyboard,◊ they're left that way until both realize what happened and separate themselves in a panic.
- Regular Show: In Starla's debut episode "Muscle Woman", Rigby accidentally walks into her chest when they go to confront her.
Truth in Television
- In a rather literal twist on the trope name, a woman with implants was saved from serious injury in a car crash by her augmented breasts, which served as airbags.
- Same goes for all-natural Playboy playmate Petra Verkaik, whose breasts literally saved her life when she was working underneath her Volkswagen Bus when the jack collapsed. During her recovery her doctor told her that if she hadn't been so well-endowed she probably would have sustained fatal chest injuries.
- According to her autobiography, this happened to former WWE Diva Chyna when she went to the Emmy awards. Joan and Melissa Rivers wanted to interview Sarah Jessica Parker; her husband, Matthew Broderick, politely stepped back out of the way, didn't look where he was going, and accidentally parked his head right between Chyna's boobs. Since Broderick is 5'8" and Chyna is 5'10" and was likely wearing heels, it's plausible.