Exactly What It Says on the Tin
, the Hot Teacher is a young and attractive person who pursues a career in education. Because Beauty Equals Goodness
, he is almost always also a Cool Teacher
, though hentai
series like to subvert
this by making him evil
or a sadist
. He, or more likely she, often teaches health or science so the story can bring up human or animal reproduction.
Male versions of this character tend towards wearing Stoic Spectacles
, whereas female versions usually have a Hot Librarian
appeal. While not exactly a teacher, the School Nurse
also technically qualifies for this trope, being school staff and usually sharing a similar dynamic with the principal cast. School nurses, of course, tend to go for the Hot Scientist
or Hospital Hottie
It should be noted that a Hot Teacher is not necessarily Hot for Student
, though if the show does
feature a student-teacher relationship, the elder party is very likely to be this trope. Similarly, many Hot Teachers find that quite a few of their opposite-sex students (or same
, we're not picky
) — sometimes even the entire student base
— are indeed hot for them.
Please note that this applies to a character, not simply any hot actor playing a teacher, for the same reason Real Life
examples are not listed here. Most actors are "hot" in the first place
, so it usually goes unsaid. You can have an attractive teacher without
their hotness being a plot element in the work - that would not
fall under "Hot Teacher".
For other sexy professionals, see Sexy Priest
, Good-Looking Privates
, Fair Cop
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Kuniumi Maitake from Lovely Complex (pictured) is tall, usually has a glow aura and good-looking and charming enough to get a legion of fangirls not long after he started teaching. Unfortunately them he's already engaged.
- Ichimoku Ren and Hone-Onna spend most of the third season of Hell Girl disguised as such.
- Takahata D. Takamichi from Mahou Sensei Negima!. Also the protagonist Negi, if you ask any girl or woman he's ever met.
- Apparently just to cover one more fetish we've briefly seen Evangeline in the outfit, at a chalkboard, lecturing Negi and Konoka.
- In the Negima followup UQ Holder it turns out that Evangeline is a Hot Teacher.
- A somewhat unconventional example is Amamiya Akira from ef - a fairy tale of the two., who's got a very bishonen design but is also clearly much older than most other examples.
- Yoko Littner briefly works as one after the timeskip in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Although her outfit is way conservative than what she usually weres (bikini top and short shorts) some of the boys in her class immediately peg her as hot.
- Any number of hentai series feature a hot school nurse who's all too willing to help the students with their sexual problems, and - as mentioned in the entry proper - another stock hentai character is the hot male teacher who gets a little carried away with alternatively punishing or rewarding his students.
- Nozomu Itoshiki of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei who has the requisite Stoic Spectacles. And for a female example, Chie Arai, who pretty much fills the school nurse role mentioned above (technically she's a guidance councilor).
- Any of the 5 teachers in Happy Lesson who adopt Chitose as his "mama".
- Mitsuka Yoshimine from DearS, Takeya's teacher, who has the kids practice english by reading erotic books she wrote and has her own section of home movies. She also falls under Hot for student as she believed that a study group was going to have an orgy, disappointed that she had dance classes.
- Kanda from Code:Breaker
- Fujitaka Kinomoto, Yoshiyuki Terada and Kaho Mizuki (this one is a hot assistant teacher, and lampshaded by the whole class on her introduction) in Cardcaptor Sakura. All of them are involved to one degree or another in Hot for Teacher situations, whether played straight or subverted.
- Shinichi Namura and Ryouko Momoi from Marmalade Boy.
- Akiko Aoshika of Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest, who may be the most beautiful woman in the story. And it's quite the curse for her.
- Mathematics and homeroom teacher Vera Collins from Heroman. The drill hair is a little odd, but you have to admit, she's still sexy. What makes her stand out in the anime category is the fact that she's an American.
- Oh hai, Nyamo! Sorta fitting that a gym teacher would be in shape (and what a lovely shape, too...). Yukari too, though her personality can tend to turn people off.
- Being the master of the Hiten-Mitsurugi Ryu, 43-year old yet very handsome Hiko Seijuro should count.
- Yoshinoya from Hidamari Sketch.
- Marie and Stein (in a... weird way) from Soul Eater.
- Raphael from Tenshi Ni Narumon
- In The World God Only Knows, Keima's homeroom teacher Nikaido. Also Jun, the student teacher that Keima had to court in order to capture the runaway spirit in her.
- Mizuho Kazami is the title character from Please Teacher!. Once they first see the young female teacher that they heard about, Hyosuke is the first one to comment, shouting that she's great. As the students walk home they all agree that she's good looking and Hyosuke says that she has that woman's charm.
- Shizuka Nekonome from Rosario + Vampire probably qualifies. An omake reveals she doesn't wear a bra.
- Hinako of Ranma ½... half of the time. Whenever she isn't a Hot Teacher, she's in her other form that gives her the mind and body of a Token Mini-Moe.
- Azusa Kikukawa from Kurobara Alice would be this if she loosened up both in looks and attitude. Kouya still finds her beautiful.
- Nasujima-sensei from Durarara!!. Even though he lusts after teenage schoolgirls. In fact, if it weren't for his perversion, he'd actually have fangirls. He's an older example, but is an◊ example◊ , nonetheless.
- Mr. Izumi from Zodiac PI, who happens to be a Bishōnen teacher, very well liked by his pupils. Did I neglect to mention he also kidnaps his students?
- Keiju Tabuki from Mawaru-Penguindrum is very goofy (not really), but he's also very good looking and has a very nice voice.
- Ayane "Ayanecchi" Tezuka from Rouge Noir is the very rare protagonist example.
- Megane Koichi Azuma from Kimi To Boku
- Luuhi Jiston from Haiyore! Nyarko-san becomes this later on in the light novels. Bonus points for being a Moe Anthropomorphism of Cthulhu.
- To Love-Ru has Mikado, the school nurse, and more recently Tearju-sensei.
- Highschool of the Dead has Shizuka, a ditzy school nurse whom ironically enough serves as the adult figure for the main cast. She has extremely large constantly bouncing breasts which the series likes to show off a lot.
- Yuuta's young and gorgeous homeroom teacher Nanase Tsukumo in Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, appropriately played by Kikuko Inoue.
- A biography of various 20th century dictators featuring illustrations of them as Moe girls made Mustafa Kemal Ataturk into a Hot Teacher.
- Kanamori from Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni is this. Though that doesn't make him any less of a sadistic snake
- Tooru Sayonaki◊ from Hidan no Aria
- Hanayu and Hayato's cooking teacher in Mixed Vegetables.
- Taken to ludicrous heights by Professor Aikuro Mikisugi in Kill la Kill, who has literally performed stripteases in front of his students.
- Shizuku "Nino" Ninomiya from Kyoukai no Kanata
- While she goes more for the cuteness than the hotness, Sumiko Kobayashi from Detective Conan is considered to be very pretty. It helps that she's an Identical Stranger to the Action Girl Sato, who is very beautiful and VERY popular with men.
- In Akatsuki No Aria, the piano teacher Shiroyuki is just as handsome as all the other guys in Aria's Unwanted Harem. Bad thing, not only he is Aria's teacher so he can't act on his feelings for her, but he's married to a very woobieish Ill Girl who is about to die. And after his wife's death, he turns out to be an Ill Boy as well. And then, he dies too.
- The eponymous character from Indiana Jones has his fair share of Fangirls that attend the class he teaches at Barnett College, including one who wrote "I love you" on her eyelids.
- Kick-Ass has sexual fantasies about his MILF-quality English teacher. She seems at least somewhat aware of him staring at her cleavage, but nothing comes of it.
- Phil from The Hangover mixes this with Apathetic Teacher. You see him steal Field Trip money for his friend's bachelor party in Vegas and he seems to hate his students.
- Invoked by Satan (Elizabeth Hurley) in the 2000 remake of Bedazzled (2000) at an all-boys' school. The desk overflowing with apples says it all.
- Beth in The Descent mentions the fact that she is an English teacher.
- Elizabeth in Bad Teacher, especially when she needs to raise money.
- Many fans enjoyed Zachary Quinto's version of Spock rocking the black Starfleet Academy Instructor uniform in the new Star Trek movie. No wonder he has a Teacher/Student Romance with Uhura.
- Mary McGarricle from That's My Boy.
- The main character from the Chilean movie Sexo con Amor ("Sex with Love") is Luisa (Sigrid Alegria), a very pretty elementary schoolteacher who has a romance with the father of one of the kids she teaches and now has to discuss how to teach them sex ed with the parents. In fact, the hot naked redhead who appears in the film's poster? Yup, that's her.
- Veronica Vaughn from Billy Madison.
- Angie Dickinson in Sex Comedy / Black Comedy Pretty Maids All In A Row. She wears a Sweater Girl ensemble and tight skirts, and the protagonist (a sexually frustrated student) can't stop staring at her breasts. Later she's a Mrs. Robinson for him.
- From Holes, we have Miss Katherine, whom many of the townfolk was after.
- Mrs. Alowo in Someone Else's War.
- Ms. Honey in Matilda is apparently so lovely that she inspires Matilda to compose a poem about her the first day of class.
- Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, the Defence Against the Dark Arts instructor in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a narcissistic wizarding celebrity admired by many including Hermione Granger and Mrs. Weasley.
- Mrs. Jeepers from the Bailey School Kids series.
- Mr. Whitman from The Ruby Red Trilogy. Nearly all the girls in his class are in love with him.
- Abby Shipton, a visiting teacher from Hadley, Wisconsin in W.F. Miksch's The Addams Family Strike Back. Uncle Fester commented that he wished they'd had teachers like her when he was a kid.
- Miss McKenzie from the Busted song "What I Go to School For", based on one band member's dance teacher.
- "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen.
- The Police song "Don't Stand So Close To Me" is actually a semi-autobiographical piece about from when lead singer Sting used to teach. "Young teacher/the subject/of schoolgirl fantasies", indeed.
- The Italo Disco song "Sexy Teacher" by Check Up Twins.
- "Mr Watson" by Ke$ha.
- "Abigail Beecher" by Freddy 'Boom Boom' Cannon.
- Pretty much the entire point of Rogue Traders' video for their song "Way to Go!"
- Vocaloid Kiyoteru Hiyama, who is a teacher and a massive Bishōnen.
- In Zits, Jeremy has an attractive guidance counselor, and often has some rather explicit fantasies about her. (Not by choice; in one strip where this happens, when she asks him what's on his mind, he asks, "Can't we just talk about my schedule instead?")
- Plenty of teachers at Whateley Academy in the Whateley Universe, since a lot of the teachers are retired superheroes and superheroines. The headmistress is really Lady Astarte, and she used to teach English. She currently looks like a thirty year old Hollywood starlet, only better built.
- The South Park episode "Tom's Rhinoplasty" has Ms. Ellen and all the boys in class find themselves inexplicably enamored with her.
- Also there's Ms. Stephenson from the episode "Miss Teaches Bangs a Boy", an episode about statutory rape.
- Miss Tinker, Tom's teacher from the french cartoon A Kind of Magic from Xilam.
- Danny Phantom episode "My Brother's Keeper" introduces us to Penelope Spectra's human disguise. Okay, so she's technically a guidance counselor/psychiatrist, but she's hot and works in a school, so it's close enough.
- One-shot characters Mr. Dude and Mr. E from Recess.
- Arguably, Miss Grotke, though "cute teacher" would be more like it.
- Apparently both Principal Prickly and Miss Finster were in the `60s.
- Then there was the music teacher in "The Voice".
- Miss Eleanor Butterbean on The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
- Ms. Lana Lockhart from Family Guy whom Chris falls in loves immediately. She is very busty and all of her clothes show off her sizable cleavage where she's constantly pulling things out of.
- Peter Parker from Spider-Man: The Animated Series. Look at the episode Rocket Racer.
- Ms. Keane from The Powerpuff Girls.
- Shego from Kim Possible had her degree in secondary education.
- In Codename: Kids Next Door, Numbah Four gets a crush on his attractive teacher Ms. Thompson. Things get kind of weird later when she turns out to be the were-dog queen who was cursed with lycanthropy by her jealous ex-husband; but she gets better in end, mostly.