Exactly What It Says on the Tin, the Hot Teacher is a young and attractive person who pursues a career in education. Because Beauty Equals Goodness, he is almost always also a Cool Teacher, though hentai series like to subvert this by making him evil or a sadist. He, or more likely she, often teaches health or science so the story can bring up human or animal reproduction. Male versions of this character tend towards wearing Stoic Spectacles, whereas female versions usually have a Hot Librarian appeal. While not exactly a teacher, the School Nurse also technically qualifies for this trope, being school staff and usually sharing a similar dynamic with the principal cast. School nurses, of course, tend to go for the Hot Scientist or Hospital Hottie look. It should be noted that a Hot Teacher is not necessarily Hot for Student, though if the show does feature a student-teacher relationship, the elder party is very likely to be this trope. Similarly, many Hot Teachers find that quite a few of their opposite-sex students (or same, we're not picky) — sometimes even the entire student base — are indeed hot for them. Please note that this applies to a character, not simply any hot actor playing a teacher, for the same reason Real Life examples are not listed here. Most actors are "hot" in the first place, so it usually goes unsaid. You can have an attractive teacher without their hotness being a plot element in the work - that would not fall under "Hot Teacher". For other sexy professionals, see Sexy Priest, Good-Looking Privates, Fair Cop etcetera.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Kuniumi Maitake from Lovely Complex (pictured) is tall, usually has a glow aura and good-looking and charming enough to get a legion of fangirls not long after he started teaching. Unfortunately them he's already engaged.
- Ichimoku Ren and Hone-Onna spend most of the third season of Hell Girl disguised as such.
- Takahata D. Takamichi from Mahou Sensei Negima!. Also the protagonist Negi, if you ask any girl or woman he's ever met.
- Apparently just to cover one more fetish we've briefly seen Evangeline in the outfit, at a chalkboard, lecturing Negi and Konoka.
- In the Negima followup UQ Holder it turns out that Evangeline is a Hot Teacher.
- A somewhat unconventional example is Amamiya Akira from ef - a fairy tale of the two., who's got a very bishonen design but is also clearly much older than most other examples.
- Yoko Littner briefly works as one after the timeskip in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Although her outfit is way conservative than what she usually weres (bikini top and short shorts) some of the boys in her class immediately peg her as hot.
- Any number of hentai series feature a hot school nurse who's all too willing to help the students with their sexual problems, and - as mentioned in the entry proper - another stock hentai character is the hot male teacher who gets a little carried away with alternatively punishing or rewarding his students.
- Nozomu Itoshiki of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei who has the requisite Stoic Spectacles. And for a female example, Chie Arai, who pretty much fills the school nurse role mentioned above (technically she's a guidance councilor).
- Any of the 5 teachers in Happy Lesson who adopt Chitose as his "mama".
- Mitsuka Yoshimine from DearS, Takeya's teacher, who has the kids practice english by reading erotic books she wrote and has her own section of home movies. She also falls under Hot for student as she believed that a study group was going to have an orgy, disappointed that she had dance classes.
- Kanda from Code:Breaker
- Fujitaka Kinomoto, Yoshiyuki Terada and Kaho Mizuki (this one is a hot assistant teacher, and lampshaded by the whole class on her introduction) in Cardcaptor Sakura. All of them are involved to one degree or another in Hot for Teacher situations, whether played straight or subverted.
- Shinichi Namura and Ryouko Momoi from Marmalade Boy.
- Akiko Aoshika of Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest, who may be the most beautiful woman in the story. And it's quite the curse for her.
- Mathematics and homeroom teacher Vera Collins from Heroman. The drill hair is a little odd, but you have to admit, she's still sexy. What makes her stand out in the anime category is the fact that she's an American.
- Oh hai, Nyamo! Sorta fitting that a gym teacher would be in shape (and what a lovely shape, too...). Yukari too, though her personality can tend to turn people off.
- Being the master of the Hiten-Mitsurugi Ryu, 43-year old yet very handsome Hiko Seijuro should count.
- Yoshinoya from Hidamari Sketch.
- Marie and Stein (in a... weird way) from Soul Eater.
- Raphael from I'm Gonna Be an Angel!
- In The World God Only Knows, Keima's homeroom teacher Nikaido. Also Jun, the student teacher that Keima had to court in order to capture the runaway spirit in her.
- Mizuho Kazami is the title character from Please Teacher!. Once they first see the young female teacher that they heard about, Hyosuke is the first one to comment, shouting that she's great. As the students walk home they all agree that she's good looking and Hyosuke says that she has that woman's charm.
- Shizuka Nekonome from Rosario + Vampire probably qualifies. An omake reveals she doesn't wear a bra.
- Hinako of Ranma ½... half of the time. Whenever she isn't a Hot Teacher, she's in her other form that gives her the mind and body of a Token Mini-Moe.
- Azusa Kikukawa from Kurobara Alice would be this if she loosened up both in looks and attitude. Kouya still finds her beautiful.
- Nasujima-sensei from Durarara!!. Even though he lusts after teenage schoolgirls. In fact, if it weren't for his perversion, he'd actually have fangirls. He's an older example, but is an◊ example◊ , nonetheless.
- Mr. Izumi from Zodiac PI, who happens to be a Bishōnen teacher, very well liked by his pupils. Did I neglect to mention he also kidnaps his students?
- Keiju Tabuki from Mawaru-Penguindrum is very goofy (not really), but he's also very good looking and has a very nice voice.
- Ayane "Ayanecchi" Tezuka from Rouge Noir is the very rare protagonist example.
- Megane Koichi Azuma from Kimi to Boku
- Luhy Distone from Haiyore! Nyarko-san becomes this later on in the light novels. Bonus points for being a Moe Anthropomorphism of Cthulhi, the star-spawn of Cthulhu.
- To Love-Ru has Mikado, the school nurse, and more recently Tearju-sensei.
- Highschool of the Dead has Shizuka, a ditzy school nurse whom ironically enough serves as the adult figure for the main cast. She has extremely large constantly bouncing breasts which the series likes to show off a lot.
- Yuuta's young and gorgeous homeroom teacher Nanase Tsukumo in Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, appropriately played by Kikuko Inoue.
- A biography of various 20th century dictators featuring illustrations of them as Moe girls made Mustafa Kemal Ataturk into a Hot Teacher.
- Kanamori from Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni is this. Though that doesn't make him any less of a sadistic snake
- Tooru Sayonaki◊ from Hidan no Aria
- Hanayu and Hayato's cooking teacher in Mixed Vegetables.
- Taken to ludicrous heights by Professor Aikuro Mikisugi in Kill la Kill, who has literally performed stripteases in front of his students.
- Shizuku "Nino" Ninomiya from Kyoukai no Kanata
- While she goes more for the cuteness than the hotness, Sumiko Kobayashi from Detective Conan is considered to be very pretty. It helps that she's an Identical Stranger to the Action Girl Sato, who is very beautiful and VERY popular with men.
- In Akatsuki No Aria, the piano teacher Shiroyuki is just as handsome as all the other guys in Aria's Unwanted Harem. Bad thing, not only he is Aria's teacher so he can't act on his feelings for her, but he's married to a very woobieish Ill Girl who is about to die. And after his wife's death, he turns out to be an Ill Boy as well. And then, he dies too.
- A Certain Magical Index plays with this, with Tsukuyomi Komoe, an Older Than They Look girl who looks to be, at most, 10 years old, yet teaches a class, drives, and drinks beer. Touma's delinquent friends, being lolicons (among other fetishes), see her as this.
- Machiko from Maicchingu Machiko Sensei. Everyone is attracted to her at least a little bit, which is why no one stops her students' games. (That, and the very universe conspires to leave her denuded, so any such efforts would be futile.)
- Hibike! Euphonium has Noboru Taki, a handsome, thirty four year old Megane Bishōnen. This has been pointed out by Hazuki— multiple times, to anyone who lends an ear to her.
- Satsuki Shishio from Hirunaka No Ryuusei is handsome, young and gentle, and many of his students love him.
- It doesn't come up much but Huntress is a schoolteacher on her off time. Don't mess with her students if you know what's good for you.
- Miss Claudia Chiffre in Le Petit Spirou — buxom meganekko with a tendency to wear miniskirts.
- X-Men young students have an hard time deciding who is hotter: Storm or Emma Frost? Answer: Nightcrawler.
- Minnie the Minx's teacher in The Beano.
- In an issue of the Comic Book Adaptation of Quantum Leap Sam leaps into a female teacher who tends towards very short skirts.
- Meriem becomes a Hot Teacher, before stripping off her Hot Librarian outfit to reveal her Fur Bikini, in the probably non-canon Cavewoman: Killing Dinos 101.
- One issue of Archie Comics from The Seventies features a young female substitute teacher so attractive that all of her male students are too distracted with the floating Heart Symbols above their heads to pay attention to their schoolwork. At the end of the issue, Principal Weatherbee fires her, telling her that teachers, like fine wine, get better with age. ...It was a different time.
- The eponymous character from Indiana Jones has his fair share of Fangirls that attend the class he teaches at Barnett College, including one who wrote "I love you" on her eyelids.
- Kick-Ass has sexual fantasies about his MILF-quality English teacher. She seems at least somewhat aware of him staring at her cleavage, but nothing comes of it.
- Phil from The Hangover mixes this with Apathetic Teacher. You see him steal Field Trip money for his friend's bachelor party in Vegas and he seems to hate his students.
- Invoked by Satan (Elizabeth Hurley) in the 2000 remake of Bedazzled (2000) at an all-boys' school. The desk overflowing with apples says it all.
- Beth in The Descent mentions the fact that she is an English teacher.
- Elizabeth in Bad Teacher, especially when she needs to raise money.
- Amy's pretty too.
- Many fans enjoyed Zachary Quinto's version of Spock rocking the black Starfleet Academy Instructor uniform in the new Star Trek movie. No wonder he has a Teacher/Student Romance with Uhura.
- Mary McGarricle from That's My Boy.
- The main character from the Chilean movie Sexo con Amor ("Sex with Love") is Luisa (Sigrid Alegria), a very pretty elementary schoolteacher who has a romance with the father of one of the kids she teaches and now has to discuss how to teach them sex ed with the parents. In fact, the hot naked redhead who appears in the film's poster? Yup, that's her.
- Veronica Vaughn from Billy Madison.
- Storm, Cyclops and Dr. Jean Grey at the academy.
- Wolverine joins the academy's staff in X-Men: The Last Stand. Revealed to be a history teacher in the new timeline created in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Kayla Silverfox works at a children's school.
- Dr. Charles Xavier, in X-Men: First Class. He shamelessly uses his charm, looks and Technobabble to pick up women at Oxford.
- Angie Dickinson in Sex Comedy / Black Comedy Pretty Maids All In A Row. She wears a Sweater Girl ensemble and tight skirts, and the protagonist (a sexually frustrated student) can't stop staring at her breasts. Later she's a Mrs. Robinson for him.
- Summer School has both Mr. Shoop and Ms. Bishop.
- In A Brother's Price Jerin mentions having had a crush on his teacher. He notes that his younger brother now shows the first signs of also having a crush on her. As she came to the farm to tutor the boys, who weren't allowed in a regular school due to their Gender Rarity Value, she is the only non-related woman both of them saw frequently, which Jerin suspects is part of the reason why they all have a crush on her. As he expresses no surprise about having found her pretty, she is likely a Hot Teacher.
- From Holes, we have Miss Katherine, whom many of the townfolk was after.
- Mrs. Alowo in Someone Else's War.
- Ms. Honey in Matilda is apparently so lovely that she inspires Matilda to compose a poem about her the first day of class.
- Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, the Defence Against the Dark Arts instructor in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a narcissistic wizarding celebrity admired by many including Hermione Granger and Mrs. Weasley.
- Mrs. Jeepers from the Bailey School Kids series.
- Mr. Whitman from The Ruby Red Trilogy. Nearly all the girls in his class are in love with him.
- Abby Shipton, a visiting teacher from Hadley, Wisconsin in W.F. Miksch's The Addams Family Strike Back. Uncle Fester commented that he wished they'd had teachers like her when he was a kid.
- Will Schuester on Glee, to the point where two girls went completely nuts over him and even followed him home to cook and clean up for him. Though one must admit he doesn't make it easier for his students by singing sexy songs on stage with them and accepting to play a role in a musical that requires him to be completely topless.
- In Doctor Who:
[H]e is physically perfect, strong and courageous, a gorgeous dish.
- The Tenth Doctor gets a stint at this when he's temporarily turned human in the two-parter "Human Nature"/"The Family of Blood", where he's a boarding school professor called John Smith.
- Ian's original character outline (when he was still called "Cliff") was clearly written with an eye on this trope:
- Big Time Rush, episode "Big Time School of Rocque''. Miss Collins.
- iCarly: Miss Ackerman. Turns up to the Shay apartment in a smoking hot red dress, that causes Carly to say Woah, you look hot, and then Freddie to practically drool all over the floor when he shows up after. This was season 1 Freddie, as in barely hit puberty Freddie. That's how hot she was.
- There's substitute teacher Ms. French in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Teacher's Pet" who has all the boys drooling over her. Even Giles admits that she's "extremely well proportioned." Turns out she's taking virgin boys home, mating with them, and biting off their heads. Because she's actually a giant praying mantis.
- There's also Robin Wood, the principal of Sunnydale High in season seven, and Miss Calendar, Giles' love interest, who are portrayed as likable but never stated to be seen as good looking.
- Except by Xander, who describes Calendar as "reasonably dollsome, especially for someone in your [Giles's] age bracket."
- There's also Robin Wood, the principal of Sunnydale High in season seven, and Miss Calendar, Giles' love interest, who are portrayed as likable but never stated to be seen as good looking.
- Leave It to Beaver had Beaver's teachers Ms. Canfield and Ms. Landers.
- Prof. Slater in Community. She was officially ranked the seventh most attractive faculty member by the Dean.
- This is the opinion that much of the female student body has of Coach Brock in 15/Love. School president Bates is generally too feared and/or loathed to get this treatment, but he's not hard on the eyes either.
- Chance from Noah's Arc is this, having a student and teachers aide pursue him as well as being fanservice in his own right the few times we see him shirtless. Note that though he is the oldest of the main four cast, hes still quite young for a college professor in his position.
- Ximena in Carrusel. She may dress conservatively and comfortably, but more than one boy has a crush on her. Also add Susana and Rene, who were attractive and had plenty of student fans.
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder: Tommy Oliver. To his embarrassment, several of his female students are Hot for Teacher. Oy.
- Degrassi has Ms. Daphne Hatzilakos who several boys found visually appealing, referred to her as Ms. Hotsauce behind her back. J.T Yorke, one of her students, had a crush on her and was thrilled when she gave him a detention for mocking her by putting balloons under his shirt.
- In the season two premier of Smallville the characters meet their new biology teacher, extremely attractive Deriree Atkins, who is wearing very little and puts on a sex-education video. Clark tries to pay attention, but he keeps glancing at Ms. Atkins. Suddenly, the projector screen bursts into flames.
- Boy Meets World has an episode where Shawn says that their substitute health teacher is the real thing. Also that they're covering CPR and he's today's dummy. It turns out that they're on sex ed which she hopes that they can discuss in a mature way.
- The Andy Griffith Show has Opie's red haired teacher, Helen Crump, who soon becomes Andy's girlfriend.
- Ezra Fitz on Pretty Little Liars and later Ella Montgomery. Ella says to her daughter Aria (who she didn't know was dating Ezra) "You didn't mention how good-looking he was"
- Alaric Saltzman in The Vampire Diaries.
- Alice Johnson (Karen Valentine) in Room 222.
- Mr. Keith in the Lizzie Mcguire episode "The Greatest Crush of All". All the girls compete for his affection.
- Jason Winkler from the first season of House of Anubis. The girls were delighted upon meeting him, and it's implied that Patricia and Amber both had small crushes on him.
- Miss McKenzie from the Busted song "What I Go to School For", based on one band member's dance teacher.
- "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen.
- The Police song "Don't Stand So Close To Me" is actually a semi-autobiographical piece about from when lead singer Sting used to teach. "Young teacher/the subject/of schoolgirl fantasies", indeed.
- The Italo Disco song "Sexy Teacher" by Check Up Twins.
- "Mr Watson" by Ke$ha.
- "Abigail Beecher" by Freddy 'Boom Boom' Cannon.
- Pretty much the entire point of Rogue Traders' video for their song "Way to Go!"
- Vocaloid Kiyoteru Hiyama, who is a teacher and a massive Bishōnen.
- In Zits, Jeremy has an attractive guidance counselor, and often has some rather explicit fantasies about her. (Not by choice; in one strip where this happens, when she asks him what's on his mind, he asks, "Can't we just talk about my schedule instead?")
- Touhou's Keine Kamishirasawa, Depending on the Artist.
- Final Fantasy VIII's Quistis Trepe. It doesn't help that according to canon, she's eighteen years old - and started her SeeD career at fifteen and her teaching career at seventeen.
- Kyoko Minazuki from Rival Schools, who's both the school nurse and a chemistry teacher
- Chieri and Mamiko from Amorous Professor Cherry.
- If she survives the events of Mass Effect 2, Jack becomes one of these by Mass Effect 3.
- Aiko Yumi from HuniePop. Just look at her◊.
- Ms. Benibara in SHUFFLE! is hot enough for the resident Handsome Lech to hit on her. As long as he doesn't know who she is.
- Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai has Umeko-sensei, a sub-heroine with her own "ending".
- According to supplementary Fate/stay night materials, Lord El-Melloi II (aka Waver Velvet) has been voted by the female students of the Clock Tower as the teacher they most want to have sex with.
- Alex Davies in Coming Out On Top.
- John Rook in dont take it personally babe it just aint your story. The very fist comment to pop up on AmiConnect is Arianna's surprise that a teacher can look like that.
- Kazuaki Nanaki in Hatoful Boyfriend, once you get past the idea that he's a quail. His human-style portrait is a beautiful blonde man with droopy eyes and loooong eyelashes. Hitori Uzune is just as attractive, with darker feathers/hair but a similar enough appearance otherwise to steal the original Kazuaki's identity. An alternate timeline for Holiday Star suggests that if he hadn't, they both could have been teachers at St. Pigeonation's.
- Yumi Matsumiya from True Love Junai Monogatari is an incredibly beautiful Meganekko with huge breasts, killer legs and a really cute face. This being an H-Game, she's one of the love interests to pursue. (Even if she's the hardest to romance)
- The School Nurse Kaori Shitou from Crescendo ~Eien Dato Omotte Ita Ano Koro~ is attractive when you first see her, but looks a tad severe with her hair in a Prim and Proper Bun and while wearing glasses. When she lets her hair down (literally) and sheds the glasses, she's downright stunning.
- Daisuke Ichijo from the visual novel and anime Resort Boin. He manages to sleep with six extremely beautiful women. Several times. Sometimes with multiple at once.
- In School Bites, Professor Seraphis is a history teacher. Even the the girl who likes Cherri was grinning.
- In Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi, Sensei Jack. Yep, that Jack...
- Bittersweet Candy Bowl has Lani Amalu.
- Meet Professor Leandro Delatorre of Magick Chicks.
- The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob!— We only see her doing her job occasionally, but Jean Poule teaches biology at the local community college.
When Jean is replaced with a substitute—a student: "I want my prof in the tight shirt and jeans back!"
- In Robotto Jukujo Tomo's school teacher
- The South Park episode "Tom's Rhinoplasty" has Ms. Ellen and all the boys in class find themselves inexplicably enamored with her.
- Also there's Ms. Stephenson from the episode "Miss Teaches Bangs a Boy", an episode about statutory rape.
- Miss Tinker, Tom's teacher from the french cartoon A Kind of Magic from Xilam.
- Danny Phantom episode "My Brother's Keeper" introduces us to Penelope Spectra's human disguise. Okay, so she's technically a guidance counselor/psychiatrist, but she's hot and works in a school, so it's close enough.
- One-shot characters Mr. Dude and Mr. E from Recess.
- Arguably, Miss Grotke, though "cute teacher" would be more like it.
- Apparently both Principal Prickly and Miss Finster were in the `60s.
- Then there was the music teacher in "The Voice".
- Miss Eleanor Butterbean on The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
- Ms. Lana Lockhart from Family Guy whom Chris falls in loves immediately. She is very busty and all of her clothes show off her sizable cleavage where she's constantly pulling things out of.
- Peter Parker from Spider-Man: The Animated Series. Look at the episode Rocket Racer.
- Ms. Keane from The Powerpuff Girls.
- Shego from Kim Possible had her degree in secondary education.
- In Codename: Kids Next Door, Numbah Four gets a crush on his attractive teacher Ms. Thompson. Things get kind of weird later when she turns out to be the were-dog queen who was cursed with lycanthropy by her jealous ex-husband; but she gets better in end, mostly.