open/close all folders
- A.I. Love You starts off with the Unlucky Everydude getting a Magical Girlfriend due to a lightning strike hitting his computer, causing her to materialize into the real world, with some fan-servicey moments here and there. Then around the time Number 20 and 40 appear, there are much more fan-servicey moments, Hitoshi is made out to be a huge pervert who only wants to get some nice action (whether it be from his computer program girlfriend or... actual Ecchi video games) and there's more jokes that go pretty far for an overall comedy series with tearjerky moments, including things like Hitoshi arousing Number 30 enough and pinching her nipple.
- Seitokai Yakuindomo is about 21% school Slice of Life jokes, 10% height jokes, and 69% sex comedy. Though here, the protagonist (and only male) is the Straight Man — it's the surrounding girls who provide all of the lust and sex jokes. Surprisingly, it's not actually Ecchi, and the fanservice is pretty limited.
Comics and Manga
- Robert Crumb's comic strips surely are full of this.
- Milo Manara's work is, too.
- Happy Mania: A young woman sleeps her way into true love, with many semen jokes along the way.
- Red Ears: This enormously successful Belgian comic book is nothing more than an erotic gag comic strip series.
- Sex Criminals is a series about two people who can freeze time when they have orgasms. They use this ability to rob banks so that they can use the money to save a library.
- Much of the work of Icelandic artist Kjartan Arnorsson is a comedic core wrapped in a thick layer of pornographic shenanigans, where the context may be sexual but the execution is often presented as silly, almost cartoonish antics.
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- American Pie is fairly definitive of the genre.
- Flowers and Bees: a pathetic young man attempts to sleep with a motley crew of women.
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask and A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy by Woody Allen.
- A lot of Mel Brooks' films fall in this category, despite sex not being the central theme; they tend to have a lot of sexual innuendo in their jokes.
- Porky's is another noted example.
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin: The clue is in the title.
- Another Gay Movie and its sequel Another Gay Sequel: Gay's Gone Wild, unsurprisingly.
- The Pink Panther (1963) has a fair number of sexual jokes, even though no one really gets any.
- The Sweetest Thing: It's like a chick flick was directed by the guys who direct Rob Schneider's films.
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High: '80s teen sex comedy.
- Love and Other Drugs: A higher drama quotient, but still in the category.
- Pretty Cool, and its sequel, Pretty Cool Too.
- Alice in Wonderland: An X-Rated Fantasy: A sex comedy musical with actual sex scenes.
- Deep In the Valley, where two average dudes are sucked into the world of porn films.
- Film/Mischief, a 1985 comedy where a shy high school student wants to get it on with a popular girl in 1956 Ohio. Basically, it's Happy Days with sex in it.
- The Ancient Greek play Lysistrata demonstrates that the sex comedy is Older Than Feudalism.
- In the 19th century, Georges Feydeau not only popularized farce in the modern form, but was quite risqué about it by the standards of the time; many of his stories have elements of sex comedy, and the combination has remained popular in theatrical farce to the present.
- Among (non-porn) webcomics, Ménage à 3 is perhaps the purest example, although it's relatively subtle and even deconstructive about it — some of the time, anyway. Of its two spinoffs, Sticky Dilly Buns is more or less as much of a sex comedy but dials back on the explicitness and adds a little more Soap Opera, while Sandra on the Rocks is less about sex and substantially less explicit (despite the odd Shower Scene and a fair bit of nudity with careful use of the Scenery Censor), but still approaches the trope at times.
- Oglaf primarily revolves around sex comedy in a High Fantasy setting. Not all of it though, and some jokes could easily fit into a SFW fantasy parody.
- The infamous 1929 cartoon Everready Harton In Buried Treasure is a sex comedy.