Film: Another Gay Movie
A 2006 parody of gay movies and teen movies. The plot very closely follows American Pie, but with gay characters: the four teenage friends Andy, Nico, Jared and Griff make a pact to lose their anal virginity by the end of the summer. Goes straight for the Squick and, well, isn't for everyone (although it's a lot better than some similarly-titled movies).Spawned a sequel of dubious quality called Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild — which takes its plot from Girls Gone Wild
This film contains examples of the following tropes:
- Camp Gay: Nico, massively. His mom tells him "Duh!" when he comes out to her.
- Cast Full of Gay: Not sure if there's a single straight character in the whole movie.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: The first scene with Andy masturbating with vegetables; a later scene where he is caught having sex with a quiche, with a gerbil up his ass.
- Coming-Out Story: Mostly averted, and subverted when Nico's mom knows already and thinks it's obvious — showing up in the next scene covered in PFLAG badges, spoofing the mom from Queer as Folk.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The first scene involving Andy and a collection of oddly shaped vegetables, clearly a spoof of American Pie.
- Fun with Acronyms:
- Spoofing MILF to get GILWAD, something along the lines of "Grandad I'd Like to Wine And Dine Me".
- Their home town is San Torum (a reference to the word santorum), and the high school sports team is called the San Torum Donkeys.
- Incest Is Relative: Andy nearly gets it on with his dad in a public bathroom... then in the second movie they have full on raging sex by accident.
- A Man Is Always Eager: Parodied, subverted and inverted, the guys are gay, but they're all eager to have sex, while still being nervous about it. Plus, they all proclaim themselves to be the dominant "tops" of their relationship, including the submissive "bottom". The one who is most eager about having sex is actually a lesbian who "converts" several of her straight female classmates.
- May-December Romance: Nico hooks up with Muffler's grandad.
- Shout-Out: Numerous films are referenced or spoofed, and Nico and his mom own a video store, and he spends most of the day adorning the walls with gay film posters.