is a 1981 coming of age film about a group of horny teenagers in 1954 Florida. Extremely raunchy for its time, it set a precedent for other raunchy teen comedies and was the highest grossing Canadian movie of all time for around 30 years.
Usually considered one of Bob Clark
's best movies. It was also followed by two sequels.
Not to be confused with Porky Pig
Contains Examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Every guy in this movie except for a few older characters (like the elderly principal for example).
- All Women Are Lustful: Just like above, every girl in this movie is horny except Ms. Balbricker.
- Artifact Title: There is no mention at all of Porky or his bar in the second movie.
- Bad Ass: Porky is referred to as a "Bad Ass Redneck".
- Bad Ass Teacher: Balbricker doesn't take perverted boys very lightly, especially those spying on her students while they're taking a shower. Tommy finds this out the hard way, (no pun intended). Balbricker goes as far as pulling down Tommy’s pants to show police about his actions when she goes through the process on having him arrested for spying on girls as they were taking a shower.
- Battleaxe Nurse: Balbricker.
- Berserk Button: Showing your privates through a peek hole that viewing the girls’ showers area is sure fire way of getting Coach Balbricker to go after you.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: "Anthony Tuperelli affectionately known as Meat".
- "My God, the boy's deformed!"
- Irony: Reportedly, the actor playing Meat was modestly endowed, and the actor playing Pee Wee was well hung.
- Dawson Casting- Given all the sex jokes, pretty much unavoidable. Although set in high school, the main actors were in their mid 20s. Honeywell, of Immodest Orgasm fame, was played by a 25-year-old Kim Cattrall.
- Deep South: Half the movie takes place in the swampy Gator ridden backwoods of Florida.
- Fanservice: The shower room scene.
- Follow the Leader: Just about every teen sex comedy since 1982 has borrowed a thing or two from this film.
- Large and in Charge: Porky.
- Never Live It Down: How Ms. Honeywell got tagged as "Lassie."
- Platonic Prostitution: Cherry Forever (that's her name) doesn't get paid to have sex but to help with a prank.
- Quote-to-Quote Combat: In Porky's II the school Shakespeare production is being shut down by a group of hyper-conservative religious nuts who think Shakespeare is immoral. They quote out of context dirty Shakespeare passages (of which there are many) to support their cause. But the school principal, who supports the show, goes quote-for-quote against them using The Bible as his source of smutty sayings.
- Scary Black Man: Subverted, He's only scary in the context of a prank, in reality he cracks up and has a good time alongside the boys.
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: The plot revolves around the guys trying to get Edward "Pee-Wee" Morris Laid.
- Spiritual Successor: American Pie is basically a remake of this film, except in the Midwest instead of the Deep South.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Ms. Honeywell's nickname is Lassie because during sex she howls loud enough to disrupt a class.
- Teeny Weenie: Where Meat got the bigger end of the spectrum, there's no secret what Pee Wee's main problem is. Even the prostitute they hire can't help but crack jokes at his expense.