Film: Population 436
Population 436 is a 2006 direct to video thriller film. Steve Kandy (Jeremy Sisto) is a census taker who is sent to a small town called Rockwell Falls. This town seems like the best place on Earth but for some reason the town's population has always stayed at 436.
This film contains examples of:
- Action Prologue: Ray's death and Kathy's giving birth.
- Arc Number: 436, the number of people in the town.
- Be Yourself: Steve's advice to Bobby.
- Birth/Death Juxtaposition: Ray dies in a car explosion and Kathy's baby is born at the same time.
- Cell Phones Are Useless: Steve's cellphone has no reception when he's in Rockwell Falls.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Sort of. Steve was looking at the girl and then she fell off of horse.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Ray's car explodes almost immidietly.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Kourtney who was lobotomized.
- Forged Message: Steve's letter to the census Bureau.
- Glasses Pull: The sheriff does this when he is told that Steve is from the Census Bureau.
- Horsing Around: The horse throws off,
- Hot Pursuit: Police officer chases Ray.
- Lobotomy: What they did to Kourtney.
- Lottery Of Doom: Lottery to choose the next harvest host.
- Not in Kansas Anymore: Steve says this.
- Plot-Driven Breakdown: Steve has a flat tire.
- Screaming Birth: Kathy gives one at the very beginning of the movie.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Looks like the town is mysterious.
- The Lost Lenore: Steve's wife and daughter who died in an accident.
- There Are No Coincidences: The locals don't believe that Mrs Syde got sick for no reason on that same day when Steve came to the town.