Yes, this is one of the good endings.
So you'll do it? Daria:
Right after I change into my fur bikini. (Tom smiles at this) Quinn:
Daria! (Quinn storms out of the room) Tom:
Hmm, maybe you should make it easy. Give the poor kids a break. Daria:
I lied about the fur bikini. Tom:
A two piece
bikini, or some close variant, that is covered, trimmed, and/or lined with fur (either real or fake
), or even feathers
. Usually considered extremely sexy
It's an uncommon, but highly pleasing costume. And unless it's heavily adorned, it's a bit more usable than a typical Impractically Fancy Outfit
Could count if there is just fur trimming. In this case if the bikini is red, and the fur is white, it overlaps a little with Sexy Santa Dress
(or even some Happy Holidays Dresses
Everyday wear for a Nubile Savage
. If you are a Jungle Princess
, this is your Ermine Cape
This trope even avoids a Double Standard
, as men can have Loin Cloths
, the favorite impractical outfit for northern barbarians across the realms of fantasy.
Sometimes the wearer also has a Feather Boa Constrictor
of Pretty in Mink
A Sister Trope
to Seashell Bra
, Going Fur a Swim
(when the bikini and fur are separate garments), Fur Is Clothing
(in which a Funny Animal
has removable fur, which might result in this trope).
Compare Bare Your Midriff
, Black Bra and Panties
, An Ice Suit
, Sweater Girl
, Sexy Santa Dress
, Playboy Bunny
Contrast Happy Holidays Dress
, Stylish Protection Gear
open/close all folders
- There's a notable variant with the more risqué works involving Petting Zoo People — where their actual fur or hair grows in exactly this kind of shape to cover their naughty bits while exposing as much of everything else as possible.
- Felicia in Darkstalkers.
- See the pic for the Trope Co. — Cat Girl page (done by an artist named Naritaya, who later went pro with the Alice Soft ero-ren'ai game company and removed most of his art from the web).
Anime & Manga
Films — Live-Action
- One of the most famous is Raquel Welch's Nubile Savage outfit in One Million Years BC, even though it's more hides than fur. As a side note, the ads for the film even said "Raquel Welch wears MANKINDS'S FIRST BIKINI!"
- One of Jane Fonda's outfits in Barbarella.
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth has this as one for former playmate Victoria Vetri of its drawing points. The other being Dinosaurs.
- The Ringo Starr comedy Caveman had future wife Barbara Bach in one — "good girl" character Shelly Long was more conservatively dressed.
- Publicity shots for the film Love Happy shows Marilyn Monroe in an ermine bikini: Full View◊, Closeup 1◊, Closeup 2◊. This wasn't in the actual film, but publicity exclusive outfits were actually pretty common for films.
- The Sky People by S.M Stirling. Teesa of the Cloud Mountain People, much to the appreciation of Earth explorers on Venus.
- In Warrior Wolf Women of the Wasteland, all the women are turning into wolves (for complicated reasons), and their fur tends to develop irregularly. One of them, November, thus has a fur bikini completely incidentally, although she seems to be unique amongst the named characters in this regard.
- Actress Terry Moore wore an ermine one-piece suit to a USO show in Korea. She was almost removed from the show, before the soldiers shouted that she should stay.
- Girl Genius
- (Barely) worn by a side-plot villain, the Weasel Queen.
- Suggested as appropriate attire for Zeetha, the warrior woman from a lost tribe (to her shock).
- In Tales Of MU, Mackenzie wears a fur bikini as part of her female barbarian costume for a Halloween-esque party.