open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Margaret from One Piece. In fact, the entirety of Amazon Lily does this, as their snakes actually double as longbows (LongBoas?). Subverted with their leader, Boa Hancock, whose snake is so big that it acts as her chair instead.
- Echidna of Queen's Blade takes this a step further. The snake is the only thing covering her lower half.
- Mitsuko Kongou from A Certain Scientific Railgun wears a snake during the Beach Episode.
- In Black Butler, Snake owns several snakes named after literary characters that he keeps wrapped around his person at all times and uses to speak for him.
- Hotarubi from Basilisk has a pet viper that coils round her neck. The snake isn't only for show, as it works also as a scout and a bodyguard. It even saw through Kisaragi Saemon's disguise, though Hotarubi couldn't understand why her pet acted so hostile towards her lover.
- Koyomi from Girls Bravo was forced to wear nothing but a python after losing a game of Mahjong in the anime. At first she despaired over it, but she soon befriended it.
- In the Tiger Mask manga, King of the Jungle wears a cobra as a scarf. One still poisonous, that will bite his opponents if given the chance. Tiger Mask set it on fire and threw it at the public, at which point the bouncers had the rather sensible reaction of gunning it down.
Films — Animation
- Juju from The Princess and the Frog is worn by Mama Odie, a good voodoo priestess, when not being used as a walking stick for the 197-year-young visually challenged lady.
Films — Live-Action
- Thulsa Doom from Conan the Barbarian (1982) is all about snakes and wears them when not using them as ranged weapons. Also, James Earl Jones took a liking to them and insisted on wearing them on and off the set.
- In the first Wayne's World, Cassandra was shooting a music video, while wearing a snake and complaining about how heavy and awkward it is. She later accused it of trying to feel her up.
- Salma Hayek in From Dusk Till Dawn does her dance number as Santanico Pandemonium with a Boa on her shoulders.
- Poison Ivy does this in Batman & Robin when she "returns to life" at the start of the movie.
- Zhora from Blade Runner. Fun fact: it was the actress' pet snake.
- In The Mummy Returns, Meela (the reincarnated Anck-Su-Namun) comes into the O'Connells' house wearing an Egyptian asp.
- In Striptease one of the girls performs with a python (named "Monty", of course). Then the snake dies and is replaced without her knowledge, with predictable results.
- Angelica puts one on briefly in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. She's holding it behind the head so that it can't bite her, and she throws it a good distance after using it to freak Jack out.
- Patricia Paiwonski in Robert A. Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land.
- Male example from Harry Potter: Lord Voldemort often carries Nagini, his Right-Hand Snake, wrapped around his shoulders, especially in Deathly Hallows.
- At one point in A Song of Ice and Fire Arianne Martell's lover goes to her, and she greets him wearing nothing but a snake coiled around her arm. The book makes no mention of it after this, so presumably she does not make a habit of it, and only wanted to make a particularly strong impression on him that one time.
- Britney Spears donned a ball python during her performance at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards, one of her most famous performances.
- Alice Cooper wore snakes around his neck for music videos and live shows. Word has it, that he used a rental snake for one show (animal importation laws prevented him from bringing his own) and since it wasn't used to the lights and excitement in a typical rock concert, it tried to strangle Alice and had to be cut off.
- Used by one of the exotic dancers in the music video for "Danger!" by Mistikal.
- Similarly, one of the strippers in the music video for "How Do U Want It?" by Tupac Shakur is briefly seen with a python on her shoulders
- Notorious snake enthusiast Slash has one of his pets on him during the video for Guns N' Roses' "Patience".
Myths & Religion
- Lord Shiva combines one of these with snake bracelets.
- Mami Wata is usually depicted with a snake.
- Many a fine promo by professional wrestler Jake "the Snake" Roberts features him with Damian or Lucifer draped around his neck.
- Kevin Sullivan, during his "Satanic" heel run in Florida during the 1980s, would sometimes walk to the ring draped in snakes. Roberts had been a hired gun for Sullivan and was a key part of Sullivan's heel turn.
- "La Mas Violenta de Mexico" Sadika has had snakes as part of her wardrobe when not draping a chain over her neck.
- The female version of the unlockable ultimate metal outfit in Rock Band 2 is a snake and a pair of leggings.
- Elidibs from Final Fantasy Tactics.
- Royce from Lunar: The Silver Star has one in her battle sprite.
- Kingdom of Loathing features the Feather Boa Constrictor as a familiar.
- Taking a cue from John Collier's painting, Lilith in Shin Megami Tensei games always has a snake around her shoulders. Other than that, she looks more like Gozer.
- In Eerie Cuties, Brooke Lynn almost always wears her pet snake, Seth, around her neck. Considering that she is a Melusine, and can herself turn into a half-snake form, it doesn't seem to unusual.
- Sour Grapes from Strawberry Shortcake wears her pet snake Dregs in this manner.
- The classic "Microbots" episode of The Transformers has Starscream get attacked by a giant snake that draps itself around him in this manner; Rumble zings "I think it looks stunning on ya!" and the other Decepticons share a laugh over Starscream's predicament.
- One episode of Aaahh!!! Real Monsters has an episode revolving around the monstrous trio's attempts to get back Krumm's eyeballs after it was devoured by a boa constrictor. During the chase, the constrictor is captured and kept in a pet store where a singer buys it to wear for his rock concert. With a few scares along the way, the boa is finally caught along with the eyeball.
- In "The Boy Wander" episode of Wander over Yonder, Emperor Awesome replaces his feather boas with these. At one point he even tries to flirt with one!
- According to Plutarch, Alexander the Great's mother Olympias did this, being a devout member of a snake cult.
- Quite common in pictorials. Sexy ones in particular. (NSFW example◊)
- Barbara Carrera◊ (who previously interacted with snakes in Never Say Never Again)
- Nastassja Kinski◊, by famous photographer Richard Avedon.
- Anthea Turner.
- Rachel Weisz, for the cover of ''Esquire''.◊
- Both Cindy Crawford and Jennifer Lawrence for Vanity Fair (22 years apart)note . Here's Cindy (NSFW)◊, and here's Jennifer.
- Every single snake demonstrator at any zoo/carnival everywhere, ever.
- Brazilian exotic dancer Luz del Fuego◊, who being a naturism enthusiast liked to wear nothing but the snake. This is why their many pictorials use them◊.
- A small python species Python regius (Royal python, also known as ball python) is so named because supposedly some Africal tribal kings used to wear them as jewellery.