Creator: Cindy Crawford
Cynthia Ann "Cindy" Crawford is an American supermodel, born on February 20, 1966.Famously bright (she graduated as valedictorian of her high school) and commercially minded, she could have gone on to study chemical engineering at college but chose to pursue modelling as a career, becoming hugely successful - in the late 1980s and '90s in particular - and unlike many models popular with both ladies and gentlemen (for different reasons). Cindy was hired by MTV to front House Of Style from 1989 to 1995, and in 1992 she released the fitness video Cindy Crawford: Shape Your Body (thus paving the way for Elle MacPherson and Claudia Schiffer to do similar tapes). Though criticised by experts, the tape was highly successful and led to the following year's Cindy Crawford: The Next Challenge.She married Richard Gere in 1991, but the marriage came to an end four years later following personal differences (not helped by a famous newspaper ad taken out by the couple in The Times). Her second marriage in 1998, to longtime friend Rande Gerber, subsequently produced two children (son Presley in 1999 and daughter Kaia in 2001). She later produced two more fitness tapes: Cindy Crawford: A New Dimension (2000, aimed at women looking to reduce weight after giving birth) and Mini-Muscles with Cindy Crawford and the Fit-Wits, a shorter animated tape (with a live-action intro from guess who) aimed at children.Cindy is also a dedicated supporter of cancer research, having lost her only brother Jeffrey to leukemia when he was four.She is also, according to her Twitter page, good at bowling.
Tropes associated with her:
- Bathtub Scene/Censor Suds: In The Simian Line.
- Beauty Mark: One of the most famous examples, on the left side of her mouth just above the lips.
- Billing Displacement: The 1999 Italian "comedy" Bodyguards - Guardie del corpo gives Cindy (playing herself and her double) third billing, but she doesn't appear until the last half-hour.
- The Cameo: She appeared in the 1988 edition of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and never did it again (because she and editor Jule Campbell didn't get along). It's not even her most famous work.
- Money, Dear Boy: Cindy has never tried to hide her money-making instincts ("Commercial is not a bad word to me"), with numerous endorsement deals and ventures over the years.
- Ms. Fanservice: Of course.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Averted in the case of her son - Presley is not named after the King.
- Non-Actor Vehicle: The 1995 movie Fair Game.
- Notable Music Videos: Taking a bath in the "Freedom '90" video, ensuring jealousy from both sexes in 1994 by making out with Jon Bon Jovi in "Please Come Home For Christmas," and being part of the All-Star Cast of Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" in 2015 (although like most of them it was basically a cameo).
- One Woman Song: "Cindy C." by Prince. She wasn't exactly flattered.
- Pretty in Mink: Modeled furs a lot in the 80s, and in the 2000s, she modeled for Blackglama's "What Becomes a Legend Most" campaign.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She is the first supermodel to pose nude in Playboy and has posed nude many times. A few times, Cindy was sunbathing topless when she was photographed by the paparazzi. Photographer Arthur Elgort said "Cindy has the quintessential cover girl face. She's really the best for a non-fashion picture - she has the kind of shape that only gets better the more you take away the clothes."
- She's Got Legs: And you can bet she knows how to use them.