"I didn't expect to win the Oscar. You grow up watching the Oscars on TV and you think it happens to fancy people. It was really surreal."Jennifer Lynn Connelly (Cairo, New York; December 12, 1970) is an American film actress who began her career as a child model. She's best known for such movies as Labyrinth, Phenomena, The Rocketeer, Requiem for a Dream, Dark City, 9, A Beautiful Mind, for which she won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress as well as a Golden Globe Award, Blood Diamond, and Hulk (as Betty Ross). She's married to Paul Bettany. She is the mother of three children, son Kai Dugan (with David Dugan) born in 1997; her other two children are with Paul Bettany, son Stellan (born 2003) and daughter Agnes (born 2011).
Tropes frequently used for this actress' roles:
- Green Eyes: A famous, captivating pair.
- Ms. Fanservice: In her early twenties years. The Hot Spot is mostly known for the scene she goes topless. Doesn't stop there, a lot of her movies in the late 90s and early 00s have sex scenes that display her... assets. Even a film that didn't have any overt sexuality, 1991's Career Opportunities, found an excuse to get her into a tight T-shirt for the last 45 minutes or so. The "Fanservice" aspect pretty much faded away once she started establishing herself in serious films like A Beautiful Mind.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She's a dark haired, creamy skinned beauty.
- Romance on the Set: She met boyfriend Bill Campbell filming The Rocketeer; and husband Paul Bettany while filming A Beautiful Mind.
- Those Two Actors: With Russell Crowe in three films (A Beautiful Mind, Winter's Tale and Noah)