"I didn't expect to win the Oscar. You grow up watching the Oscars on TV and you think it happens to fancy people. It was really surreal."Jennifer Lynn Connelly (Cairo, New York; December 12, 1970) is an American film actress who began her career as a child model. She's best known for such movies as Labyrinth, Phenomena, The Rocketeer, Requiem for a Dream, Dark City, 9, A Beautiful Mind, for which she won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress as well as a Golden Globe Award, Blood Diamond, and Hulk (as Betty Ross). She's married to Paul Bettany. She is the mother of three children: son Kai Dugan (with David Dugan) born in 1997, son Stellan (born 2003) and daughter Agnes (born 2011) with Paul Bettany.
Tropes frequently used for this actress' roles:
- Green Eyes: A famous, captivating pair.
- Ms. Fanservice: In her early twenties years. The Hot Spot is mostly known for the scene she goes topless. It doesn't stop there; a lot of her movies in the late 90s and early 00s have sex scenes that display her... assets. Even a film that didn't have any overt sexuality, 1991's Career Opportunities, found an excuse to get her into a tight T-shirt for the last 45 minutes or so. The "Fanservice" aspect pretty much faded away once she started establishing herself in serious films like A Beautiful Mind.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She's a dark-haired, creamy skinned beauty.
- Romance on the Set: She met boyfriend Bill Campbell filming The Rocketeer, and husband Paul Bettany while filming A Beautiful Mind.
- Those Two Actors: With Russell Crowe in three films (A Beautiful Mind, Winter's Tale and Noah)