Salma Hayek is an actress; she was born in Mexico on September 2, 1966, is of Spanish and Lebanese ancestry, and is now an American citizen. She's best known from such movies as Desperado
, From Dusk Till Dawn
and Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
. She also had a recurring role on 30 Rock
as one of Jack Donaghy's girlfriends.
This actress provides examples of:
- Big Ol' Unibrow: For Frida. Reportedly, she used to have one of her own, but it had been plucked before she got the part of Kahlo.
- Buxom Is Better: The trope page on this very wiki describes her as the trope's "patron saint".
- The Cameo: Pops up in the film adaptation of Traffic, and in Across the Universe.
- Fake Nationality: In the movie version of In the Time of the Butterflies, she plays Minerva Mirabal, a Dominican revolutionary.
- Hello, Nurse!: Fools Rush In. "Her? The one with the body?"
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Penelope Cruz.
- Hospital Hottie: Across the Universe, 30 Rock, The Faculty.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Ask the Dust.
- La Résistance: In the Time of the Butterflies.
- Missing Episode: Follow Me Home, filmed in 1996, still looking for a distributor.
- Ms. Fanservice: In all of her films, even when sporting the unibrow in Frida.
- The Muse: Literally, in Dogma.
- Of Corsets Sexy: She shows one off in Wild Wild West.
- Older than They Look: She's 45. We're sure she'd show you her driver's license if you had any doubt..
- Serial Killer: Lonely Hearts.
- Shotgun Wedding: Fools Rush In.
- Spicy Latina: One of the most iconic examples.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: Once upon a Time in Mexico.
- Surprise Pregnancy: In Fools Rush In.
- Viva Las Vegas: Fools Rush In
- Wardrobe Malfunction: In Wild Wild West, leading to the "Let's get some shutass" exchange.
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Very memorably in From Dusk Till Dawn, and also in Dogma.