The follow-up to 2011's The Muppets
, Muppets Most Wanted
follows...well, The Muppets
(who else?) as they tour Europe, only to become ensnared in a caper as they encounter Constantine, a crime boss who bears an incredible resemblance to Kermit. Due out March 21st, 2014, the film sees the return of Flight of the Conchords
alumni James Bobin and Bret McKenzie, as well as The Muppets
co-writer Nicholas Stoller. Jason Segel
is completely unaffiliated with this movie.
Watch the first trailer here
and the second trailer here
The Muppets includes the following tropes:
- All-Star Cast: This being a Muppet production, Wikipedia already has a list of confirmed celebrity appearances.
- The Bus Came Back: Louise Gold returns to the Muppet cast after a fifteen-year absence, to bring back her character Annie Sue after an absence nearly twice as long.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Parodied—one of the villains is named Dominic Badguy and has a literal card with his name on it.
- Creator Cameo: Steve Whitmire, Kermit's puppeteer, appears as one of the prisoners at the gulag Kermit gets taken to, for the sole purpose of not having to figure out how to hide Whitmire when a mob of prisoners carries Kermit away.
- Criminal Doppelgänger: Constantine to Kermit.
- Distinguishing Mark: The difference between Kermit and Constantine is the mole on Constantine's face.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Jean Pierre Napoleon and Sam the Eagle (here a CIA agent) get quite adamant over proving who has the bigger badge.
- The Dragon: Dominic, to Constantine.
- Interpol Special Agent: Jean Pierre Napoleon.
- It's Pronounced Tro-PAY : Dominic's last name Badguy is actually pronounced badgee, on account of being French.
- Meaningful Name: Dominic Badguy.
- Out of Focus: While Walter returns in this movie, he isn't the main character this time around.
- Sequelitis: Lampshaded to hell-and-back in the opening number, "We're Doing a Sequel". The first verse ends with "everybody knows the sequel's never quite as good", and it only escalates from there.
- Skyward Scream: "KEEEEEEERMIIIIIIIIIEE!!!"