Saoirse Una Ronan (born April 12, 1994 in New York City) is an Irish-American film actress. Her name is prounounced "Seer-sha", it is the Irish Gaelic word for "freedom".She's best known for her roles in Atonement, The Lovely Bones, Hanna, Brooklyn and Lady Bird (she received Academy Award nominations for the latter two).She's been known in recent years for her portrayal of mature characters, who rarely are Irish or American.
- Atonement (2007) as Briony Tallis
- I Could Never Be Your Woman (2007) as Izzie Hanson
- City of Ember (2008) as Lina Mayfleet
- The Lovely Bones (2009) as Susie Salmon
- The Way Back (2010) as Irena
- Hanna (2011) as Hanna Heller
- Violet & Daisy (2011) as Daisy
- Byzantium (2012) as Eleanor
- The Host (2013) as Melanie Stryder
- How I Live Now (2013) as Daisy
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) as Agatha
- Brooklyn (2015) as Eilis Lacey
- Lady Bird (2017) as Christine "Lady Bird" McPherson
Tropes applying to her works include:
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold:
- Susie Salmon from The Lovely Bones is a pure and innocent soul whose life gets tragically cut short.
- Agatha from The Grand Budapest Hotel is as lovely and lovable as she is helpful.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Susie Salmon and Agatha, again. One could make a case for Hanna Heller to some extent.