"Hermione just stole all of our shit."
Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson (born April 15, 1990) is a British actress, born in France, best known for playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. She is following up the Potter series with a small role in My Week With Marilyn, the Princess Pea in The Tale of Despereaux and the female lead in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. She acted in Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring and in Darren Aronofsky's 2014 Biblical epic film, Noah. She was tapped to play Beauty in a Guillermo del Toro version of Beauty and the Beast. The project fell through and she has now been cast instead as Belle in the 2017 live-action adaptation of Disney's Beauty and the Beast.As of July 2014, she is also a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, campaigning for womens' rights and gender equality.Not to be confused with Emily Watson or Emma Thompson, both of whom are old enough to be her mother (but aren't, just so we're clear).
- Harry Potter series (2001–2011) as Hermione Granger:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part One (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part Two (2011)
- The Tale of Despereaux (2008) as Princess Pea
- My Week With Marilyn (2011) as Lucy
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) as Sam
- This Is the End (2013) as herself
- The Bling Ring (2013) as Nicki Moore
- Noah (2014) as Ila
- La Colonia (2016) as Lena
- The Vicar of Dibley (2015) as Reverend Iris
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) as Belle
Tropes that apply to this actor include:
- Character Tics: Her infamous "eyebrow acting".
- Covered in Gunge: She and Rupert Grint had this happen to them (she got it worse) live on American TV.
- Fascinating Eyebrow: Her eyebrows can act, even over-act, by themselves.
- Important Haircut: As soon as the Harry Potter films wrapped, she cut her hair into a pixie (as she had to keep it long for the films). She kept it short for The Perks of Being A Wallflower and wore wigs and extensions for Noah and The Bling Ring before ultimately growing it long again.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Owns two cats.
- Large Ham: At first, but she's gotten more nuanced by now.