"I know that when youíre a teenager, and even sometimes when youíre an adult, what sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and itís not. And a lot of the time, itís what makes you great."Emma Stone (born Emily Jean Stone on November 6, 1988 in Scottsdale, Arizona) is an American actress.She got into community theater at a very young age and was already in youth improv troupes as a pre-teen. She first came to Hollywood in 2004 at the age of 15 after she used a slideshow presentation to convince her parents to let her become an actress instead of finishing high school. She competed on a VH-1 reality show "In Search For The Next Partridge Family" and won the part of the new Laurie Partridge. However this updated version of The Partridge Family never made it past the pilot. She next tried for the part of Claire in Heroes but lost out to Hayden Panettiere. She appeared in an episode of Lucky Louie as a teenage babysitter who wanted to give Louie a blowjob and the short-lived FOX series starring Nathan Fillion called Drive.In 2007 she made her feature film debut in the Judd Apatow-produced comedy Superbad as Jules, the girl Jonah Hill's character wanted to go out with. The next year she was in The House Bunny starring Anna Faris and The Rocker starring Rainn Wilson. She then starred in the horror-comedy Zombieland in 2009 along with Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg and Abigail Breslin. In 2010, Emma got her first lead role as Olive Pendergast in the teen comedy Easy A, which became her Star-Making Role and earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination for "Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical". In 2011, she was in the films Crazy Stupid Love and The Help, which both had critical and commercial success. Stone also played Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man Series in 2012 and 2014.In 2015 she earned her first Oscar nomination for "Best Supporting Actress" for Birdman, and in 2017 she won the Oscar for "Best Actress" and the Golden Globe for "Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical" for La La Land.It's been joked that Emma has the career Lindsay Lohan would have had if she hadn't turned into a drug addicted mess.Her low-pitched, husky voice is the result of calluses she has on her vocal cords thanks to suffering from colic as an infant, which developed into nodules.
- Superbad (2007)
- The House Bunny (2008)
- The Rocker (2008)
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009)
- Paper Man (2009)
- Zombieland (2009)
- Marmaduke (2010)
- Easy A (2010)
- Crazy Stupid Love (2011)
- The Help (2011)
- Friends with Benefits (2011)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- Gangster Squad (2013)
- The Croods (2013) (voice only)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- Magic in the Moonlight (2014)
- Birdman (2014) — Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress
- Aloha (2015)
- Irrational Man (2015)
- La La Land (2016) — Academy Award winner for Best Actress
- Battle of the Sexes (2017)
This actress contains examples of:
- Demoted to Extra: Despite the main advertising campaign for The Help being based around her, her role was diminished by both fans and critics in favor of Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She was once photographed being barefoot at an airport. And she was nowhere near airport security.
- Of the Spice Girls. She freaked out when she got to talk to Mel B (Scary) and Mel C (Sporty) at different times via video while promoting The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- She came very close to freaking out when, during an interview on The Graham Norton Show, Graham implied to her that all five of them were backstage waiting to meet her. They weren't.
- She's hooked on K-Pop.
- Fiery Redhead: A dye job, to be sure (she's a natural blonde), but damn if she doesn't pull it off well.
- Ink-Suit Actor: It's very clear that the new version of Gwen Stacy was designed after her.
- Nice Girl: Friend and fellow actress Jennifer Lawrence said in an interview that "Emma's never had a bad thought about anybody in her life."
- Non-Indicative Name: She has yet to appear in a film where her character is turned to stone.
- Stage Name: Took the name Emma because "Emily Stone" was already taken in the Screen Actors Guild. Prefers to be called 'Em' by friends.
- Witty Banter: A trademark of hers, in movies and real life.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: She has extremely bad eyesight and has had to wear glasses or contacts since the age of seven. Once, during a performance of Cabaret, both her contacts fell out at the same time and she had to ask her co-star's help to get off the stage during a blackout. Her friend Jennifer Lawrence attended that performance and thought Emma was fantastic but when she went to her dressing room to tell her, she was surprised instead to find Emma crying because she thought it was a disaster and that she was horrible.