Creator: Emma Stone
"I know that when youíre a teenager, and even sometimes when youíre an adult, what sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and itís not. And a lot of the time, itís what makes you great."Emma Stone, born Emily Jean Stone on November 6, 1988 in Scottsdale, Arizona, is an American actress. She got into community theater at a very young age and was already in youth improv troupes as a pre-teen. She first came to Hollywood in 2004 at the age of 15 after she used a slideshow presentation to convince her parents to let her become an actress instead of finishing high school. She competed on a VH-1 reality show "In Search For The Next Partridge Family" and won the part of the new Laurie Partridge. However this updated version of The Partridge Family never made it past the pilot. She next tried for the part of Claire in Heroes but lost out to Hayden Panettiere. She appeared in an episode of Lucky Louie as a teenage babysitter who wanted to give Louie a blowjob and the short-lived FOX series starring Nathan Fillion called Drive. In 2007 she made her feature film debut in the Judd Apatow produced comedy Superbad as Jules the girl Jonah Hill wanted to go out with. The next year she was in The House Bunny starring Anna Faris and The Rocker starring Rainn Wilson. She then starred in the horror-comedy Zombieland in 2009 along with Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg and Abigail Breslin. In 2010, Emma got her first lead role as Olive Pendergast in the teen comedy Easy A, which earned her a nomination for a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy. In 2011, she was in the films Crazy Stupid Love and The Help, which both had critical and commercial success. Stone also plays Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man.It's been joked that Emma has the career Lindsay Lohan would have had if she hadn't turned into a drug addicted mess.Her low-pitched, husky voice is the result of calluses she has on her vocal cords thanks to suffering from colic as an infant, which developed into nodules.
- Superbad (2007)
- The House Bunny (2008)
- The Rocker (2008)
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009)
- Paper Man (2009)
- Zombieland (2009)
- Marmaduke (2010)
- Paper Man (2010)
- Easy A (2010)
- Crazy Stupid Love (2011)
- The Help (2011)
- Friends with Benefits (2011)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- Gangster Squad (2013)
- The Croods (2013) (voice only)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- Birdman (2014)
- Magic In The Moonlight (2014)
This actress contains examples of:
- Celebrity Voice Actor: In Marmaduke and The Croods.
- Demoted to Extra: Despite the main advertising campaign for The Help being based around her, her role seemed to be diminished by both fans and critics in favor of Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She was once photographed being barefoot at an airport. And she was nowhere near airport security.
- Dye Hard: Stone is a natural blonde, but has gained fame for being a redhead in films like Superbad and Easy A. She has dyed her hair blonde again to play Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Fangirl: Of the Spice Girls. She freaked out when she got to talk to Mel B (Scary) and Mel C (Sporty) at different times via video while promoting The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Fiery Redhead: Kind of averted. See Dye Hard. But still fiery.
- Identical Stranger: It is regularly noted that stand-up comedian, Kathleen Madigan, looks like an older Emma and, barring their different accents, they even have very similar voices.
- Promoted Fangirl:
- Turns out she's a big fan of iCarly - she actually got a cameo in one of the last episodes for that show (as, appropriately enough, a big fan of iCarly. So big that for once Jerry Trainor was the second most over the top performer in an episode).
- One of her heroes is original Saturday Night Live cast member Gilda Radner and her dream was to appear on the show. Achieved it in when she became host in 2010 and was asked back to host again in 2011. Her title card◊ even featured her dressed up as Radner's famous character, Roseanne Roseannadanna.
- She even appeared as the character in the special for the 40th anniversary of SNL in Weekend Update, along with Tina Fey, Amy Pohler, Jane Curtin and Melissa Mc Carthy. Not so bad for a promoted fangirl.
- Romance on the Set: She was dating Andrew Garfield, her co-star in The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Stage Name: Took the name Emma because "Emily Stone" was there was already taken in the Screen Actors Guild. Prefers to be called 'Em' by friends.
- Those Two Actors: She and Ryan Gosling have played love interests in two movies Crazy Stupid Love and Gangster Squad, with a third movie La La Land coming out in 2016.
- Type Casting: She usually the deadpan snarker in Rom-coms who often squints her eyes and mouths her words. Even as a superhero's girlfriend.
- What Beautiful Eyes: Seriously, look at that picture.