Creator: Hayden Panettiere
Not to be confused with Hayden Planetarium.
"Hi! Iím Hayden Panettiere
, and I'm hot enough that I know I have your attention for at least 30 seconds."
— The John McCain Funny Or Die "ad"
Hayden Panettiere was born on August 21, 1989 to a firefighter father and an actress mother, and was steered into the latter profession at an early age (think months). Panettiere was known for her roles on the soap operas One Life to Live
and Guiding Light
and for her Disney work (most famously A Bug's Life
and Remember the Titans
- though she was never a real Disney star, which may have been for the best) before her Star-Making Role
as Claire Bennet on Heroes
turned her into a heartthrob for teenage boys
- and their fathers (and possibly their
fathers). Fun-loving, flirty and fond of animals
, she's continued to do voiceover work (for projects ranging from Robot Chicken
to American Dad!
to the sequel to Hoodwinked
) and to do roles that remind people as little of cheerleaders as possible (Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy
, Scream 4
); she also has, by her own admission, a fondness for older men (hence her relationships with Heroes
co-star Milo Ventimiglia and boxer Wladimir Klitschko - a case of Life Imitates Artnote
) and tattoos, though to a lesser extent than some
. Oh, and she's likely very grateful to Eliza Dushku
for calling out The Daily Mail
after they dissed her
After a crapload of fakes, the real Hayden is now on Twitter
. And while she has yet to be the subject of a One Woman Song
, there is a band who named themselves in her honour
Demonstrating to even her most in-denial fans that She Is All Grown Up
, Hayden became the mother of Kaya Evdokia Klitschko on December 9, 2014.
Examples of this actress are contained in:
This actress contains examples of:
- Absolute Cleavage: At the 2014 Emmys.
- And Starring: "Abuse" (the first of her two Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episodes), If You Believe and The Forger (although the DVD cover for the latter◊ has her second to Josh Hutcherson).
- Billing Displacement: Despite being first billed among the non-Scooby regulars in the credits for Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King, her character Fairy Princess Willow doesn't have much screen time or any dialogue until the climax.
- The Cast Showoff: Has lent her pipes to the music for (and been on the soundtrack albums for) several of her films (Tiger Cruise, The Dust Factory, Shanghai Kiss, Ice Princess, Hoodwinked Too: Hood Vs. Evil) and also two she doesn't appear in (Bridge to Terabithia - another one where she's also on the album - and Cinderella III: A Twist In Time). In her Bring It On movie (see below), one of her songs is playing in the background of the scene where she's hiding from her jerk boyfriend and mouthing "Asshole," although the latter is sometimes cut from TV airings.
- She also sings in Nashville, because she plays a country singer (see also Non-Singing Voice).
- And she shows off her ice skating skills in The Dust Factory and Ice Princess (she does most of her own skating in the latter).
- The Cheerleader: Heroes, obviously, but also Mr. Gibb/The Good Student, Bring It On: All Or Nothing and I Love You Beth Cooper.
- Cool Big Sis: In Fireflies in the Garden, even though she's actually the main character's aunt.
- Cousin Oliver: In the final season of Ally McBeal, she joined the cast as Ally's never-before-mentioned daughter Maddie.
- Cover Version: Recorded a version of "Cruella de Vil" for the album Disneymania 5 (although she was never a Disney Channel star like Hilary Duff et al - her only album for the Mouse hasn't been released, and while other Disney stars did Original Movies involving lighthearted japes, hers involved 9/11!).
- The Nashville Christmas album Christmas With Nashville has her doing "White Christmas."
- The Cutie
- Department of Redundancy Department: Her first Nashville single ("Love Like Mine") lists the artist as "Hayden Panettiere and Hayden Panettiere."
- Drop-In Character: Jessica, a recurring presence on Malcolm in the Middle (on being caught shaving her armpits by the title character: "That's okay, Malcolm. One day you too will be able to shave." Which is ironic, given that she's 4 years younger than Frankie Muniz).
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Former Child Star: Averted, especially since her Star-Making Role came after puberty.
- Gender-Blender Name: Her first name is, or was, thought of as a boy's name. A double bill in this case (her middle name's Leslie).
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Given that she's 5"1", pretty much all her onscreen relationships are this. But her relationship with heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitchsko (6"6") puts all other examples of this to shame.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: As if the spelling thing wasn't enough, her last name's generated more than a few of these ("Hayden Pantyliner," anyone?). She talks about it a little here.
- Ink-Suit Actor: If you've ever wanted to see Hayden running around clad only in a towel, the videogame Until Dawn is for you. Provided you don't get her character killed, that is.
- Lifetime Movie of the Week: Has starred in at least three (Lies My Mother Told Me, If You Believe and most notoriously Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy).
- Likes Older Men
- Littlest Cancer Patient: In the "Godspeed" episode of Touched by an Angel.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: To her grumpy love interest in Shanghai Kiss, to Ryan in The Dust Factory, and to Denis in I Love You Beth Cooper.
- Ms. Fanservice: Though she's always had fanservicy tendencies on screen (and in real life), most notably (non-cheerleader relatednote ) in The Architect and Fireflies In The Garden, Nashville pretty much made it official. And then there was her Halloween 2014 picture...
- My Nayme Is: Her Twitter address is deliberately spelt @haydenpanettier (no final "e") because @haydenpanettiere was already taken.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Her character in Nashville seems to be a parody of Taylor Swift despite being nearly a foot shorter, something Hayden's denied (the parody part, that is).
- No Export for You: Hoodwinked Too!: Hood Vs. Evil has never had any kind of UK release, and Tiger Cruise is the only Disney Channel Original Movie in recent memory not to have been shown in Britain (or indeed in most other countries outside the US - not that it's been shown that often there either).
- One Head Taller: See Huge Guy, Tiny Girl.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: She and Milo Ventimiglia were referred to as "Halo" (which is a lot easier on the eye and ear than "Miyden"). Understandably averted in the case of her and Wladimir Klitschko ("Haydimir"? Ugh).
- Scully Box: Often had to stand on something when filming scenes with Zachary Quinto and/or Jack Coleman on Heroes, as they're both over a foot taller than her. Judging from these shots◊ of her and Connie Britton (who's around 5'8"), this may also be the case for Nashville.
- She Is All Grown Up: If you didn't notice it after Bring It On: All Or Nothing, then it definitely kicked in after Heroes. And if Nashville doesn't convince you (or the fact that her character became pregnant along with her), nothing will.
- She's Got Legs: Further proof that it's possible to be short and still have impressive stems (see also Lea Michele, Britney Spears, Kristen Bell, Ariana Grande, and so on).
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her last name is misspelt so often - including on this very site - and in so many different ways that she could be (and is) the page image for this trope.
- Teens Are Short: And so is Miss Panettiere, oh so much. Thus explaining her still getting such roles in her 20s.
- Time-Shifted Actor: The Affair Of The Necklace (the young Hilary Swank), Fireflies In The Garden (young Emily Watson), Too Rich: The Secret Life Of Doris Duke (young Lauren Bacall), and most particularly Remember the Titans and If You Believe.
- You Look Familiar: She played two different characters on Law And Order: SVU (although puberty and four years separated them).
- Underdogs Never Lose: See Bring It On: All Or Nothing and Racing Stripes, the latter of which also qualifies for Animal Athlete Loophole (what with Hayden playing a budding jockey whose mount is a zebra).