Kate Higgins (Full name is Catherine Davis Higgins) is the West Coast equivalent/Spear Counterpart
of Eric Stuart
, as she is an anime voice actress and a musician as well. Her best known role is Sakura Haruno in Naruto
. She usually is cast as Tsunderes
or Cool Big Sisters
. However, she avoided typecasting herself by also being capable of voicing other types of characters when needed such as older women, villains, comic reliefs, and even young boys. You can easily tell her voice when she's angry.
She can play the piano and write her own music as well. She trained under famed jazz pianist Bob Richardson. She is also in a band called Upperstructure. Kate Higgins is married with two children.
Here's her MySpace page
and Twitter account
Her Japanese counterpart is Ayako Kawasumi
as they tend to have a total of four shared roles.
Notable roles by Kate Higgins:
- The Solid Rock (1998) - Concord Records
- The Tide is Low (2002) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
- Upper Structure 6 by 5 (2004)
- Bigger than Love (2006) - Concord
- Stealing Freedom (2009) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
Tropes associated with Kate Higgins:
- Idol Singer: As its been mentioned before she is a fairly accomplished singer before she went into voice acting. It's certainly a lot easier to notice when not only does she do the speaking voice of Megumi she is also Megumi's singing voice as well.
- Star-Making Role: Sakura Haruno.
Tropes frequently associated with characters Kate Higgins has played: