Creator: Kate Higgins
Catherine Davis "Kate" Higgins a West Coast anime voice actress and musician. Her best known role is Sakura Haruno in Naruto. She usually is cast as Tsunderes or Cool Big Sisters. However, she avoided typecasting herself by also being capable of voicing other types of characters when needed such as older women, villains, comic reliefs, and even young boys. You can easily tell her voice when she's angry.She can play the piano and write her own music as well. She trained under famed jazz pianist Bob Richardson. She is also in a band called Upperstructure. Kate Higgins is married with two children.Here's her MySpace page and Twitter account.Her Japanese counterpart is Ayako Kawasumi as they have four shared roles.Her Texan counterpart is Carli Mosier. Kira Buckland and Erica Mendez are shaping up to be her Spiritual Successors.
Notable roles by Kate Higgins:
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury, Garoben, and Ramwoir in Sailor Moon (Viz Media dub)
- Angel in Stitch!
- C.C. in Code Geass
- Emi Isuzu in Tenjho Tenge
- Hisui in the anime adaptation of Shingetsutan Tsukihime
- Jessica Darlin in IGPX
- Karin Kurosaki, Retsu Unohana, Nanao Ise, and Lilly in Bleach
- Megumi Oumi, Kolulu, and Laila in Zatch Bell!
- Miki Kurosaki in Digimon Savers
- Nanako Kuroi in Lucky Star
- Saber in Fate/stay night (2006 anime only)
- Sakura Haruno and Udon in Naruto
- Talho Yuki and Linck in Eureka Seven
- Yuri and Seyama in Samurai Champloo
- Zefiris in Scrapped Princess
- Princess Cordelia gi Randgriz, Martha Lipponen, and Freesia York in Valkyria Chronicles
- Deadra in the XBLA release of Zeno Clash
- The female announcer in Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Fuka Kazamatsuri in Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
- IF in Neptunia (Darrin'd by Megan Shipman in the anime adaptation.)
- Jessica Philomele of Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis. Like Sakura, she is also a pink-haired Combat Medic.
- Lissa in Fire Emblem Awakening
- Natsu in SoulCalibur V
- Queen Myala Everstar in WildStar
- Rhyme and Uzuki in The World Ends with You
- Subaru Kujou in Sakura Wars So Long My Love
- Imperator Saya/Izanami in BlazBlue (also reprised in the Anime of the Game, using the allias, "Kate Davis")
- She is in quite a few Tales Series games as well, such as:
- Tails and Wave in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, as of Sonic Free Riders onwards. As of Sonic Boom, the role of Tails has been taken over by Colleen O'Shaughnessey.
- Tina Armstrong in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2
- Reprised in Dead or Alive 5
- Momiji in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Sigma 2, and Razor's Edge
- Princess Aurora in Sofia the First
- Frankie Stein in Monster High
- Scarlet Witch in Wolverine and the X-Men
- Adult Toph Beifong in The Legend of Korra
- Barbie in Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse
- The Solid Rock (1998) - Concord Records
- The Tide is Low (2002) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
- Upper Structure 6 by 5 (2004)
- Bigger than Love (2006) - Concord
- Stealing Freedom (2009) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
Tropes associated with Kate Higgins:
- Idol Singer: As its been mentioned before she is a fairly accomplished singer before she went into voice acting. It's certainly a lot easier to notice when not only does she do the speaking voice of Megumi she is also Megumi's singing voice as well.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Has costarred with Stephanie Sheh at least twice: in Eureka Seven (where they voiced Eureka and Talho) and the Viz Media redub of Sailor Moon (where they voiced Usagi/Sailor Moon and Ami/Mercury).
- Star-Making Role: Sakura Haruno.
Tropes frequently associated with characters Kate Higgins has played:
- Cool Big Sis
- Cry Cute: Sakura and C.C being the big examples.
- Deadpan Snarker: A lot of her roles can easily fall into this.
- Playing Against Type: In BlazBlue she is Imperator Saya/Izanami the Goddess of Death because it's quite disturbing hearing Kate as a villain who is an Omnicidal Maniac.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: A lot of the characters she voices tend to have a brash and cynical personality who often makes sarcastic comments (C.C., IF, and Karin), or those who are a bit of a tomboy (Fuka, IF. Sakura, and Lissa). However, she's capable of voicing other kinds of characters, including a ditzy teacher (Kuroi-sensei), and young boys (Tails and Asbel).
- Tsundere: Sakura Haruno from Naruto is easily the biggest example but is by no means her only role like that.