Catherine Davis "Kate" Higgins (born August 16, 1969) is a West Coast anime voice actress and musician. Her best known role is Sakura Haruno in Naruto. She usually is cast as tsunderes or Cool Big Sisters. However, she avoided typecasting herself by also being capable of voicing other types of characters when needed such as older women, villains, comic reliefs, and even young boys. You can easily tell her voice when she's angry.She can play the piano and write her own music as well. She trained under famed jazz pianist Bob Richardson. She is also in a band called Upperstructure. Kate Higgins is married with two children.Here's her MySpace page and Twitter account.
Notable roles by Kate Higgins:
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury, Garoben, and Ramwoir in Sailor Moon (Viz Media dub)
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal
- Angel in Stitch!
- Chloe/Glitter Breeze in Glitter Force
- C.C. in Code Geass and Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
- Emi Isuzu in Tenjho Tenge
- Hisui in the anime adaptation of Shingetsutan Tsukihime
- Jessica Darlin in IGPX
- Karin Kurosaki, Retsu Unohana, Nanao Ise, and Lilly in Bleach
- Megumi Oumi, Kolulu, and Laila in Zatch Bell!
- Miki Kurosaki in Digimon Savers
- Gatomon (replacing Edie Mirman) and Meikuumon in Digimon Adventure tri.
- Nanako Kuroi in Lucky Star
- Saber in Fate/stay night (2006 anime only)
- Sakura Haruno and Udon in Naruto
- Talho Yuki and Linck in Eureka Seven
- Yuri and Seyama in Samurai Champloo
- Zefiris in Scrapped Princess
- Cloche Leythal Pastalia in Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
- Princess Cordelia gi Randgriz, Martha Lipponen, and Freesia York in Valkyria Chronicles
- Deadra in the XBLA release of Zeno Clash
- The Faerie Familiar in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (DXC re-dub)
- The female announcer in Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Fuka Kazamatsuri in Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
- IF in Neptunia (Darrin'd by Megan Shipman in the anime adaptation)
- Izanami in BlazBlue and the anime adaptation (credited as Kate Davis)
- Jessica Philomele of Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis. Like Sakura, she is also a pink-haired Combat Medic.
- The "Joker" Female Voice option for the Player Character in Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Lady in Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
- Lissa in Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Fire Emblem Warriors.
- Madeleine in Dragon's Dogma
- Momiji in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Sigma 2, and Razor's Edge
- Pauline in Super Mario Odyssey (She also sings the theme songs "Jump Up, Super Star!" and "Honeylune Ridge: Escape")
- Poppy in League of Legends
- Queen Myala Everstar in WildStar
- Rhyme and Uzuki in The World Ends with You
- Serra in Fire Emblem Heroes
- Subaru Kujou in Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
- She is in quite a few Tales Series games as well, such as:
- Tails and Wave in the Sonic the Hedgehog series from Sonic Free Riders onwards (as of Sonic Boom, Tails has been taken over by Colleen O'Shaughnessey)
- Talim in SoulCalibur III & IV, Natsu in SoulCalibur V
- Tina Armstrong in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 and Dead or Alive 5
- Princess Aurora in Sofia the First
- Barbie in Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse
- Frankie Stein in Monster High
- Mayor Janet Nettles in Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Mrs. Worthmore (a.k.a. Doña Florinda) in the English dubbed version of the animated El Chavo series
- Scarlet Witch and Pixie in Wolverine and the X-Men
- Starla in Blaze and the Monster Machines
- Adult Toph Beifong in The Legend of Korra
- Brenda in Lego Scooby Doo Blowout Beach Bash
- Emma Gale's mother in Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright
- Yee-haw on Fresh Beat Band Of Spies
- The Solid Rock (1998) - Concord Records
- The Tide is Low (2002) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
- Upper Structure 6 by 5 (2004)
- Bigger than Love (2006) - Concord
- Stealing Freedom (2009) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
Tropes associated with Kate Higgins:
- Badass Boast: When asked about how she got the role of Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury at the Sailor Moon Redub Panel, she said: "OK, well then, I just sent in the audition, got the job. I didn't have to go to a call-back. I. Am. Sailor. Mercury."
- Idol Singer: As its been mentioned before she is a fairly accomplished singer before she went into voice acting. It's certainly a lot easier to notice when not only does she do the speaking voice of Megumi she is also Megumi's singing voice as well.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Has costarred with Stephanie Sheh at in a few titles. Most notably in Eureka Seven (where they voiced Eureka and Talho), Naruto (as Hinata and Sakura), and the Viz Media redub of Sailor Moon (where they voiced Usagi/Sailor Moon and Ami/Mercury).
- Star-Making Role: Sakura Haruno.
Tropes frequently associated with characters Kate Higgins has played:
- Cool Big Sis
- Cry Cute: Sakura and C.C being the big examples.
- Deadpan Snarker: A lot of her roles can easily fall into this.
- Playing Against Type: In BlazBlue she is Imperator Saya/Izanami the Goddess of Death because it's quite disturbing hearing Kate as a villain who is an Omnicidal Maniac.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: A lot of the characters she voices tend to have a brash and cynical personality who often makes sarcastic comments (C.C., IF, and Karin), and/or those who are a bit of a tomboy (Fuka, IF. Sakura, and Lissa). However, she's capable of voicing other kinds of characters, including a ditzy teacher (Kuroi-sensei), and young boys (Tails and Asbel).
- Tsundere: Sakura Haruno from Naruto is easily the biggest example but is by no means her only role like that.