Anna Helene Paquin (born July 24, 1982,) is a Canadian/New Zealander actress, best known as Rogue in the X-Men Film Series, Trick 'r Treat, and Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood. She has also appeared in 25th Hour and Buffalo Soldiers. She is also the second-youngest person to ever win an Academy Award (1993 Best Supporting Actress at the age of 11, for her role in The Piano, which was her first ever acting role).
- Dyeing for Your Art: She is naturally a brunette, but has been a blonde since starring in True Blood.
- Fake Nationality: She is seldom without one.
- Has a Southern Accent in X-Men, True Blood and Roots.
- Attempted an American accent as Sheeta in Castle in the Sky, but the results were more of an odd mix of American/New Zealand.
- Bostonian upper-class in Finding Forrester.
- Scottish accent in The Piano.
- English accent in Jane Eyre and in the English dub of Steamboy.
- Spanish accent as a young Queen Isabella in Amistad.
- General American accent in Almost Famous and 25th Hour.
- Averted in Fly Away Home, where she got to use her (at the time) natural New Zealand accent.
- A western drawl as a cowgirl tyrannosaur in The Good Dinosaur.
- Ms. Fanservice: Not a lot is left unseen of her during the seven seasons of True Blood.
- Romance on the Set: With True Blood co-star Stephen Moyer. He played Bill Compton, Sookie's main love interest on the show for the first three seasons. The two married in 2010 and she gave birth to twins in 2012. Ironically, while most True Blood fans adore the fact that they're together, the pairing of their characters on the show (Sookie x Bill) has largely become No Yay.