"I always wanted to be an actor, but I was always fighting it. It never seemed that honorable to me, and I guess I was always afraid that I might fail."Patricia Rooney Mara (born April 17, 1985)) is an American actress. She was initially known for being the younger sister of actress Kate Mara, but has since acted in some major roles of her own. Mara is named after the last names of her paternal and maternal families; her great-grandfathers, Art Rooney Sr. and Tim Mara, founded the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New York Football Giants, respectively. (Kate has the same surnames, but Rooney made sure to not even use her given one)Her first major starring role was as Nancy in A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) remake. She then got a small part as Mark Zuckerberg's ex-girlfriend in The Social Network. She had only two scenes in that movie, but apparently director David Fincher was impressed enough to cast her in the role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.Mara also oversees a charity called "Faces of Kibera" that helps orphans from the Kibera slum in Kenya.
- Tanner Hall (2009) as Fernanda
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) as Nancy Holbrook
- The Social Network (2010) as Erica Albright
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) as Lisbeth Salander
- Aint Them Bodies Saints (2013) as Ruth Guthrie
- Side Effects (2013) as Emily
- Her (2013) as Catherine
- Trash (2014) as Olivia
- Pan (2015) as Tiger Lily
- Carol (2015) as Therese Belivet
- Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) as The Sisters
- Una (2016) as Una.
- Lion (2016) as Lucy
- Song to Song (2017) as Faye
- A Ghost Story (2017) as M
- Mary Magdalene (2018) as Mary Magdalene
This actress provides examples of:
- Amicable Exes: With Charlie Mc Dowell, son of Malcolm McDowell. They still worked together on The Discovery just before they broke up and remain good friends.
- Deadpan Snarker: A few of her characters qualify.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: She is quite petite at only 5"3 and she is often dwarfed by her co-stars, both male and female, as a result.
- It Will Never Catch On: Her performance in A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) led many to write her off and declare her one of the worst new stars of the year. It's fair to say she's since proven Them wrong.
- Ms. Fanservice: She isn't shy about doing sex scenes or showing skin.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Most notably as Lisbeth Salander.
- Shrinking Violet: A few of her characters fit this trope.
- The Cameo: In Urban Legends: Bloody Mary, which starred her sister.