Patricia Rooney Mara is an American actress known for the intensity she brings to her roles. Born in 1985, she was initially known for being the younger sister of actress Kate Mara, but is on course to become one of Hollywood's go-to actresses. She is named after the last names of her paternal and maternal families; her great-grandfathers, Art Rooney Sr. and Tim Mara, founded the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New York Football Giants, respectively. (Kate has the same surnames, but Rooney made sure to not even use her given one)Her first major starring role was as Nancy in A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) remake. She then got a small part as Mark Zuckerberg's ex-girlfriend in The Social Network. She had only two scenes in that movie, but had amazing chemistry and held her own with the leads. Apparently director David Fincher was also impressed, because he cast her in the coveted role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.Mara also oversees a charity called "Faces of Kibera" that helps orphans from the Kibera slum in Kenya.
- Tanner Hall (2009) as Fernanda
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) as Nancy Holbrook
- The Social Network (2010) as Erica Albright
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) as Lisbeth Salander
- Side Effects (2013) as Emily
- Her (2013) as Catherine
- Trash (2014) as Olivia
- Pan (2015) as Tiger Lily
- Carol (2015) as Therese Belivet
This actress provides examples of:
- The Cameo: In Urban Legends: Bloody Mary, which starred her sister.
- Dyeing for Your Art: For her role as Lisbeth, she bleached her eyebrows, cut her hair short, and had her brow and ears pierced all in one day. Later she had pierced her nipple. More literally, her normally brown hair is dyed black for the role.
- And she even confessed to wearing a red merkin for the role, in reference to the fact that in the book, Lisbeth was a redhead with her hair dyed black. Talk about committed.
- Hood Ornament Hottie: This photoshoot is probably a subversion of the trope.
- Old Shame: Already views A Nightmare on Elm Street as this. She also said some unflattering things about her appearance on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, though she would later backtrack on them.