Patricia Rooney Mara is an American actress known for the intensity she brings to her roles. Born in 1985, she was initially known for being the younger sister of actress Kate Mara, but is on course to become one of Hollywood's go-to actresses (actually getting her big breakout before her sister's). She is named after the last names of her paternal and maternal families; her great-grandfathers, Art Rooney Sr. and Tim Mara, founded the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New York Football Giants, respectively. (Kate has the same surnames, but Rooney made sure to not even use her given one)Her first major starring role was as Nancy in A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) remake. She then got a small part as Mark Zuckerberg's ex-girlfriend in The Social Network. She had only two scenes in that movie, but had amazing chemistry and held her own with the leads. Apparently director David Fincher was also impressed, because he cast her in the coveted role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.Mara also oversees a charity called "Faces of Kibera" that helps orphans from the Kibera slum in Kenya.
- Tanner Hall (2009) as Fernanda
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) as Nancy Holbrook
- The Social Network (2010) as Erica Albright
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) as Lisbeth Salander
- Side Effects (2013) as Emily
- Her (2013) as Catherine
- Trash (2014) as Olivia
- Pan (2015) as Tiger Lily
- Carol (2015) as Therese Belivet
- Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) as The Twins
This actress provides examples of:
- The Cameo: In Urban Legends: Bloody Mary, which starred her sister.
- Hood Ornament Hottie: This photoshoot is probably a subversion of the trope.