Nicole Evangeline Lilly (born August 3, 1979) is a Canadian actress best known for her role as Kate Austen in Lost. Since the end of the series, she has been seen in movies such as The Hurt Locker and Real Steel. She appeared in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies as a new character, the elf warrior Tauriel. She was also in the 12th Marvel Cinematic Universe film, Ant-Man as Hank Pym's daughter, Hope van Dyne.Before acting, Lilly worked as a flight attendant and as a Christian missionary in the Philippines.
- Lost (2004 – 2010) as Kate Austen
- The Hurt Locker (2009) as Connie James
- Real Steel (2011) as Bailey Tallet
- The Hobbit trilogy (2013 – 2014) as Tauriel:
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2015 – present) as Hope van Dyne / The Wasp:
- Little Evil (2017) as Samantha Bloom
- One of Us / Promoted Fangirl: She's been a fan of J. R. R. Tolkien since she was 13.
- Retroactive Recognition: Prior to her acting career, she appeared as an extra on several episodes of Smallville.
- Romance on the Set: Dated her co-star Dominic Monaghan (also known for playing Merry in the LOTR films) during the time on Lost.
- Star-Making Role: Lost and The Hobbit were big boosts to her career.
- Two First Names: A Rare Female Example of this trope, as both Evangeline and Lilly are both female names. Three if you count her actual first name (Nicole).
- What Could Have Been: She was initially set to reprise her role as Hope van Dyne in Captain America: Civil War, but her character was written out of the movie in subsequent rewrites.