Creator: Christoph Waltz
Christoph Waltz is a German-Austrian actor (born 4 October 1956) whose career revolved mainly around theatre and television in Europe until he was cast as SS Standartenführer Hans Landa (a.k.a. "The Jew Hunter") in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, a groundbreaking role that brought him international fame and acclaim. Since then, he is regularly cast as a villain.He is fluent in German, French, and English and speaks all three of the languages in both Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained.Waltz has also won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor twice so far, for his roles in Inglourious Basterds (2009) and Django Unchained (2012).
His roles include:
- Friedrich Nietzsche in Wahnfried (1986)
- SS Standartenführer Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds (2009)
- Benjamin Chudnofsky in The Green Hornet (2011)
- August Rosenbluth in Water for Elephants (2011)
- Cardinal de Richelieu in The Three Musketeers (2011)
- Alan Cowan in Carnage (2011)
- Dr. King Schultz in Django Unchained (2012)
- Mandrake in Epic (2013)
- Qohen Leth in The Zero Theorem (2013)
- Walter Keane in Big Eyes (2014)
- Oberhaeuser in Spectre (2015)
Tropes associated with him:
- As Himself: In Muppets Most Wanted, playing the special guest in the Muppets' Berlin show.
- Badass: Some of his roles are this.
- Chronically Killed Actor: Well, not every time, but it sure adds up.
- Cunning Linguist: Aside from his mother language (that is German), he is fluent in French and English.
- Softspoken Sadist: Hero or villain, his characters rarely raise their voices or sound rude. Doesn't makes them any less capable... or deadly.
- Wicked Cultured: When he plays villains.