(b. 1964) is a retired American Professional Wrestler
, manager and trainer from Portland
, Oregon known for her work in the early 1990s as Terri Power
and for WWE
from 1998-2001 as Tori.
She started her career as Taylor Made Medina
, the valet for Scotty the Body (Scott "Raven" Levy)
in NWA Pacific Northwest Wrestling in 1988. She made her in-ring debut in 1990 as Terri Power in the LPWA, as well as competing in various women's independent promotions. She competed there until the promotion closed in 1992, and then switched to All Japan Pro Wrestling
before taking a hiatus in 1993. She returned to wrestling in 1998 when she became Tori. Her original character was as a "fan" of Sable
, which ended when Sable rejected her. Tori then went into a feud with Ivory
over the WWE Women's Title
, which included them competing in the first-ever hardcore match for the title on the September 6, 1999 Raw.
She then became Kane
's unstable girlfriend, which ended when she turned heel
on him and joined DX. That lasted until King of the Ring
in June 2000, when The Dudley Boys
powerbombed her through a table. Her last onscreen role was as Raven's masked ninja woman, which was interesting since her first-ever role in the business was as Levy's valet. She was one of the trainers for the first season of WWE Tough Enough.
She retired after her departure from WWF. She is a 1x LPWA Champion
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
- Action Girl
- Dark Action Girl in WWE. She even competed in the first-ever Divas' Hardcore match.
- Amazonian Beauty: She had been a bodybuilder and fitness model before becoming a wrestler. In her shoot interview she revealed that she first entered wrestling because of this - someone liked her physique and suggested she become a valet.
- Arch-Enemy: Sable, Ivory, Debbie Malenko
- Ass Kicks You: Got a stink face off Rikishi at WrestleMania 2000, the first time it had happened to a Diva.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her signature style of outfits in WWE.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: When Ivory smashed a mirror over her head, the shards of glass ended up going right into her mouth. Of course that part didn't make it to TV.
- Blondes are Evil: In WWE. She had dark hair in her Terri Power days.
- Body Paint: Did a photoshoot in this, leading to Ivory attacking her on the August 8, 1999 Sunday Night Heat and scrawling the word "SLUT" on Tori's abdomen and "SKANK" on her back with a big marker while yelling.
- Cat Fight: She says she got "the bug" when she got to have ringside catfights with another valet called Ginger - and that encouraged her to train to wrestle.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Tori refused to accept a demotion and go back to Ohio Valley Wrestling, so she was fired for real, and so abruptly that she didn't even appear on the season finale of Tough Enough 1. Her existence hasn't been acknowledged by WWF/E since.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Face Tori typically wore red, white or yellow in varying types of animal print. Heel Tori wore almost exclusively green and black.
- Cool Mask: Averted when she was the masked ninja. Her mask was simple and black, more like a balaclava.
- Face: As Terri Power and her first year in the WWF. She only ever wrestled one match as a heel, which ended up becoming her final one.
- Fangirl: To Sable
- Finishing Move:
- (as Terri Power): Superplex
- (as Tori): Tori-Plex (fallaway powerbomb)
- Fur Bikini: Fur bra top more like it but one of her favorite outfits in WWE was to wrestle in an animal print bra that was designed to resemble actual fur.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Injured her shoulder while she was in LPWA. The injury really came back to bite her in the ass and she re-injured it the day before her match at King of the Ring - while she was in the middle of a red-hot storyline. As such she barely participates in the match and was put through a table to write her off TV. Her career never fully recovered from that absence.
- Leotard of Power: As Terri Power (no pun intended).
- Ms. Fanservice: LOTS of examples, not enough room to list them all.
- Hand or Object Underwear: The 1999 videocassette Come Get Some: The Women of the WWF ended with a photoshoot montage. In one scene, Tori was wearing a kind of half-sweater. She pulled it up but put her hand over her breast.
- Mud Wrestling: In chocolate pudding, against The Kat. It went to a no contest when X-Pac tried to join in.
- Murderous Thighs: Her offensive strategy in that mud wrestling match was to put Kat in a bodyscissor and then slam her against the mat repeatedly using the bodyscissor for leverage.
- Ninja: Her last non-WWE Tough Enough role on WWE TV was as Raven's masked ninja woman. People actually recognized her despite the mask and chanted her name, thus getting her more over than she'd ever been.
- One Steve Limit: Not to be confused with either Torrie Wilson or Terri Runnels. What's more is that she was taken off TV shortly before Torrie Wilson was hired and they never appeared on screen together.
- Power Stable: DeGeneration X and the McMahon-Helmsley Regime.
- Pretty in Mink: See Fur Bikini for the details. Notably she stopped wearing these outfits after her heel turn, avoiding another trope.
- Put on a Bus: Disappeared for a time after the Dudleys put her through a table. See Ninja above.
- Rape as Drama: Which ended up being a ruse, leading to her heel turn on Kane and joining DX. Kane Tombstoned her for it.
- Real Song Theme Tune: (as Terri Power): Snap!'s "The Power"
- Red Baroness: When she was in DX, Road Dogg called her "The Green Goddess". As Terri Power she was "The Tower of Power".
- Retired Badass: Retired from wrestling altogether when she left WWE - to open up her own Yoga studio.
- Sexy Soaked Shirt: In the form of Wet T-Shirt Scene. Most notably in the 2000 WWF Divas: Postcard from the Caribbean video.
- Shout-Out: On the 2001 Divas in Hedonism DVD, talked about growing up admiring bombshells such as Raquel Welch and Tempest Storm, and a picture of Welch in the fur bikini from One Million Years BC is shown.
- Spell My Name with an S: Terri Power, not Terri Powers.
- Squash Match: As per tradition on B Shows. She beat Lexie Fyfe with a powerslam in 1:32 on the August 8th, 1999 Sunday Night Heat.
- Tag Team: (as Terri Power in LMLW): The Power Team, with Heidi Lee Morgan
- Too Sexy For This Time Slot: TSN in Canada refused to air the Ivory-Tori hardcore Women's Title Match on the September 6, 1999 Raw because of Tori's outfit, a white, wet man's button-down shirt, a white bra and a white thong.
- Toplessness from the Back: On the August 26, 1999 episode of SmackDown!, she was scheduled to face Ivory in an Evening Gown Match. Michael Cole, still a neutral character, attempted to interview Tori backstage before the match as she walked away from the camera. Tori pulled down her evening gown, saying that there was no way Ivory was going to humiliate her, and, with her back to the camera, walked around backstage wearing only a thong and shoes until she was stopped by a group of referees and Road Agent Tony Garea, who gave her his shirt to wear. Tori won, of course, in 57 seconds. The fact that she was attempting to walk to the ring practically naked on national network television should qualify for Refuge in Audacity.
- Unperson: WWE seems to have chosen to ignore her existence. She is not even on the Alumni page on WWE's website and doesn't seem to rate a Where Are They Now? story. She herself dropped off the radar almost completely and didn't make a wrestling related appearance for over 10 years. She has said she's not much of a mainstream person.
- Ur Example: Of the Loony Fan/Psycho Lesbian/Stalker with a Crush character Mickie James would play in her storyline with Trish Stratus to much greater success in 2006-2007.
- The Vamp: For Kane
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Various Divas photoshoots.* Worked Shoot: A minor example. In her shoot interview she said she says she made sure to sell her shoulder when she was put through the table (she had injured it the night before). Her hope was to work the people in the back.
- Would Hit a Girl: Kane gave her a tombstone after she betrayed him. She became the first female to have the move done to her. The Dudleys put her through a table.
- Word Salad Name: Taylor Made Medina, one of her first ring names. Was originally just Taylor Made but got changed after the song "Made In Medina".