Bill: Hey, Dear, that was supposed to be private!
- In this ad for Portmans coats, a cold wind drives everyone out of a pool, save for one lady who grabs a light brown faux fur jacket and continues to read by the pool.
- Picture comes from the movie The Stuff, which had a scene full of women wearing this for apparent commercials for "The Stuff".
- Demi Moore in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.
- Jayne Mansfield wore a swimsuit with a white mink coat in Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter.
- Rough Magic had a scene where the heroine lounged by the pool in a bikini and mink coat.
- Night And Day (loose biopic of Cole Porter) had a song with the singer wearing a fur coat, and then at the end reveals she had a swimsuit under it.
- One of the ladies in a trailer for Hot Tub Time Machine is clearly wearing just a bikini top beneath her fur jacket.
- The "Appreciation" number in Viva Las Vegas. Ann-Margaret wore a white mink coat with a pink one-piece suit underneath.
- Several of the girls, including Sydney, are seen wearing fur coats over their bikinis at the pool party in Long Island at the start of American Hustle.
- Some eBay models like to do this, along with other auction sites.
- In Knights of Buena Vista, after Adriana tries to justify selling the ermine lining for her character's coronation cape by claiming it was too hot to wear fur, Mary says she loves wearing her furs in summer, especially over her swimsuit. Her boyfriend is embarrassed, as that was supposed to be a private thing between them.
- The Miss USA Beauty Contest once planned for the swimsuit competition to have the ladies wearing a fur coat, but host Bob Barker was in PETA by then, and said he would leave if they did that, so fake fur coats were used instead, which still counts (he did leave later on, because furs were still offered as prizes).
- A later Miss USA pageant had the swimsuit competition with white marabou coats.
- Some of the other nation counterparts to Miss USA do this with their swimsuit competitions, like Miss Russia and Miss Japan.
- One of the starlets mentioned above is Jane Powell (who would later become famous for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers) wearing an ermine wrap and a swimsuit with an ermine-trimmed neckline.
- Courtney Stodden once took a stroll in LA wearing a red bikini and faux leopard coat, apparently just to show off her figure to photographers.
- Take those geothermically warm natural pools in Iceland where people can swim or laze in comfortably hot water while the outside air temperature is minus ten, centigrade. It's great once you're in the pool. But do you think people walk from the changing room to the pool wearing only a bathing costume? This is where a fur coat becomes functional rather than decorative.