Perfect for lounging by a gala pool.
The closest thing you can get to Naked in Mink
and still remain G-rated. This is wearing a fur coat or wrap
with a swimsuit (either one piece or two piece). It also doesn't matter if the fur is real
Used for many purposes (aside from actually swimming of course). An obvious one is for Sex Sells
in advertising, regardless of whether the product is the fur, the swimsuit or something else entirely (often a car
Older Beauty Contests
would crown the winner with an ermine-lined cape
, while she wore her swimsuit.
Some publicity photos for movie starlets in the Golden Age of Hollywood
had the actress wear this kind of outfit.
Naturally one of the blatant forms of Fanservice
of Pretty in Mink
, Impractically Fancy Outfit
Compare Fur Bikini
, Sexy Coat Flashing
open/close all folders
- In this ad for Portmans coats, a cold wind drives everyone out of a pool, save for one lady who grabs a light brown faux fur jacket and continues to read by the pool.
- When Katy Keene got its own series, the first issue◊ showed Katy wearing a swimsuit and an ermine-lined cape with ermine tails pined to the center of the neckline.
Films — Live-Action
- Near the end of the "Bad Romance" video, Lady Gaga is dressed this way. Instead of a regular fur, she's wearing a bearskin rug.
- Some eBay models like to do this, along with other auction sites.
- In Knights Of Buena Vista, after Adriana tries to justify selling the ermine lining for her character's coronation cape by claiming it was too hot to wear fur, Mary says she loves wearing her furs in summer, especially over her swimsuit. Her boyfriend is embarrassed, as that was supposed to be a private thing between them.
- The Miss USA Beauty Contest once planned for the swimsuit competition to have the ladies wearing a fur coat, but host Bob Barker was in PETA by then, and said he would leave if they did that, so fake fur coats were used instead, which still counts (he did leave later on, because furs were still offered as prizes).
- A later Miss USA pageant had the swimsuit competition with white marabou coats.
- Some of the other nation counterparts to Miss USA do this with their swimsuit competitions, like Miss Russia and Miss Japan.
- One of the starlets mentioned above is Jane Powell (who would later become famous for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers) wearing an ermine wrap and a swimsuit with an ermine-trimmed neckline.
- Courtney Stodden once took a stroll in LA wearing a red bikini and faux leopard coat, apparently just to show off her figure to photographers.
- Take those geothermically warm natural pools in Iceland where people can swim or laze in comfortably hot water while the outside air temperature is minus ten, centigrade. It's great once you're in the pool. But do you think people walk from the changing room to the pool wearing only a bathing costume? This is where a fur coat becomes functional rather than decorative.