To proudly show your... patriotism.
A flag design on swimwear, or similar garment, apparently to make the outfit even sexier
, or at least very distinctive.
For some reason, the U.S. flag seems to be the most common, but it's not the only one.
It often shows up in advertising, particularly if being worn by a Hood Ornament Hottie
Some people consider this disrespectful to these flags (and Brazil actually bans its flag on swimsuits note
), while other people don't seem to mind, as shown by the popularity of this kind of suit.
If an anime or manga has a Foreign Fanservice
girl from the United States
, and there is a Beach Episode
, expect said girl to wear this bikini.
of Wearing a Flag on Your Head
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In the Midori no Hibi manga, foreign exchange student Lucy wears American flag underwear.
- Monica Adenauer of the American team in Yakitate Japan wears an American flag-themed bikini while on the deserted island alongside in the finals.
- Elizabeth Dawn from Gamble Fish wears one as her normal outfit.
Films — Live-Action
- The two heroines of the film Dick cut up a flag to make bikini tops and hip huggers for themselves at the end.
- WWE divas when often wear these, especially around the Fourth of July. Torrie Wilson would wear these as the poster girl for The Great American Bash several years in a row.
- Candi Suxx from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City wears nothing more than a American flag-themed bikini.
- Tina Armstrong's starting swimsuit in Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball is one of these.
- Christie's Sapphire suit is a one-piece Union Flag variant of this trope. Her amethyst suit also has a union flag motif but it's predominantly purple for some reason.