Side Story Bonus Art. Compare Costume Porn, Fashion-Shop Fashion Show, Fashion Magazine, Rule of Glamorous.
open/close all folders
- An episode of Wedding Peach ended with Yuri's mother having a wedding dress fashion show.
- The main characters of HeartCatch Pretty Cure! are in their school's fashion club, with Erika as Club President, so of course this would have to happen at the school festival at the end of episode 36. There is also one in Paris as the focus of The Movie.
- Smile Pretty Cure! features a fairy tale-themed fashion show at the end of episode 34, again a school festival episode.
- In Interstella 5555, while Stella is still captured, the rest of the band sees her attend one.
- The climax of Kuragehime is the jellyfish dress fashion show to save the apartment building Amamizukan.
- Ready To Wear aka Prêt-à-Porter took place at a fashion show with a NSFW catwalk at the end.
- Zoolander involves a plot for an assassination to happen at one.
- The Great Muppet Caper; the victim of the theft that kicked off the film was a famous fashion designer, and as a plot point, Miss Piggy fills in for one of the models.
- Roberta and the remake Lovely To Look At end with a fashion show.
- The number "Think Pink" from Funny Face.
- The Ambassadors Daughter, starring Olivia DeHavilland, Myrna Loy and the late John Forsythe. Forsythe meets DeHavilland (who plays the title character) at one of those lunchtime fashion shows where the models wander among the tables so the diners can view them close-up. This movie is notable for a lot of 1950's-era Gorgeous Period Dress, especially Christian Dior designs of the "New Look" variety.
- The Jane Russell movie The French Line, which introduced Kim Novak in a nonspeaking role as one of the models in a Fashion Show featuring designs by Russell's character's best friend.
- The Women: A Fashion Show was the only part of the 1939 film version to be filmed in color.
- The aptly titled Fashions Of 1934 includes a few shows.
- The number "The Girl on the Magazine Cover" in Easter Parade.
- The "Beautiful Girl" number in Singin' in the Rain has a show of outfits while a narrator rhymes about the clothes.
- The Sleep-Tite fashion parade at the end of The Pajama Game, which includes a few sight gags: Hines and Gladys walk on wearing convict-striped pajamas and are handcuffed to each other, and Sid and Babe have on, respectively, a pajama bottom only and a pajama top only.
- The Devil Wears Prada has a few, and it's a source of conflict when the main character is invited to one ahead of her more experienced co-worker.
- Kinky Boots has a substantial amount of time spent on the various models on the catwalk at the Milan Shoe Show.
- Parodied in The Meteor Man when Meteor Man and the bad guy both end up holding books based on runway modeling (their powers cause them to absorb and assimilate the knowledge from a book).
- True Stories features the worst fashion show, "A Bonanza of Beauty", ever. One outfit is basically a suit made of lawn grass and sod.
- In The Stuff, the fur coat and swimsuit scene was shot like a fashion show.
- One scene in the film Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day has the titular character attending a fashion show featuring lingire.
- What a Girl Wants had one where the main character fell over while trying to walk on the stage.
- Gia opened with one (in some versions) of Gia modeling a Fairytale Weddingdress with a white fox muff.
- James Bond
- In Licence Renewed, Bond prevents the assassination of the novel's main love interest, who is a model, in one. Her death was supposed to give the complete control of her inheritance to her half-uncle.
- Bond goes to visit one under a guise of a journalist in Never Dream of Dying to get close to model/actress Tylyn, whose husband is suspected of criminal dealings.
Live Action TV
- Many episodes of Sex and the City, including a scene in The Movie.
- The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is a special about a show of fashions related to Victoria's Secret. Although most of these aren't outfits that would be sold in the store.
- The old (1986) Joan Collins miniseries Sins had several Fashion Show scenes. Joan's character was a fashion model turned couture magnate.
- Since Ugly Betty is about a fashion magazine, these show up at least once per season.
- Project Runway. Also The Fashion Show, its successor on Bravo.
- True Jackson features a fashion show and models regularly just to display new clothing.
- From the Earth to the Moon: "The Original Wives Club" introduces the Apollo astronauts' wives by having them participating in a charity fashion show.
- An amateur show is put on at the Youth Center in an episode of Power Rangers Zeo. It features, among other things, Jason modeling in red clothing, a contrast to his currently predominantly black wardrobe.
- A rather odd, but hilarious example appears in James May's Man Lab; when James decides to attempt to bring the boiler suit into mainstream fashion, he and several volunteers participate in one during the esteemed Graduate Fashion Week.
- Stephen Colbert does the catwalk strut on his way to interview a fashion guest: 
- Hope And Faith featured a mother/daughter fashion show that doubled as a Beauty Contest. Sydney chose to enter with Faith rather than Hope who then decided to enter with Hailey.
- A 6th season episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch had Morgan organising a fashion show with clothes she designed as part of her final year project. After alienating all her models, the rest of her friends have to fill in.
- The first season episode "As Westbridge Turns" features a school fashion show as the climax.
- Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy" music video is too sexy for this article.
- En Vogue's "Free Your Mind" video.
- Jody Watley's "Real Love" video, as a model walking solo down the catwalk.
- George Michael's "Too Funky" video has actual famous models of the era (including Linda Evangelista and Tyra Banks) and the impressive sight of 58-year-old Julie Newmar still rocking a catsuit.
- The David Bowie video "Boys Keep Swinging" ends with one, as each of his three female backup singers gets a turn on the catwalk...with the twist that all three are actually him in drag.
- The Batman: The Animated Series episode "Mean Seasons" started with one.
- There was a Mother-Daughter pageant in an episode of Daria.
- A Manatee Gag on Family Guy showed Peter at a fashion show, propositioning the models as they got to the end of the runway and insulting them as they went back.
- An episode of The Incredible Hulk involves Betty and Jen taking part of a Pageant that also acted to promote Feminism by having models with different advanced occupations. They all manage to team up and defeat the Leader and his mutants.
- Featured in the Phineas and Ferb episode, "Runaway Runway." And heavily parodied, as could be expected.
- Superman: The Animated Series episode "Obsession" (Designer is Lana Lang, Model is Darcy, target of Toyman)
- Prior to that was Lana's introductory episode "My Girl."
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic features Rarity holding a fashion show in "Suited for Success" to show off the dresses she made for her friends.